This Page

has been moved to new address

Creating Art with Photobucket! Welcome to the 32nd Metamorphosis Monday!
Between Naps on the Porch: Creating Art with Photobucket! Welcome to the 32nd Metamorphosis Monday!

Between Naps on the Porch

Between Naps on the Porch is a lifestyle blog with an emphasis on Decorating, Tablescaping, Before and Afters, Thrify Finds, and Gardening.

Aug 24, 2009

Creating Art with Photobucket! Welcome to the 32nd Metamorphosis Monday!

Several folks who read the very first post I created for BNOTP, when I re-posted it last week for BNOTP's Blogoversary Day, inquired about something I mentioned in that post regarding an easy way to give your photos the look of a painting. I know many of you already know about the enhancements you may make to the photos you upload to Photobucket, but if you don't, hope you enjoy the following little tutorial and some of my Before and Afters!

Originally posted August 19th, 2008
Have you often wondered how you could turn your photos into little works of art. Great news, you don't have to purchase any expensive software...everything you need is available at Photobucket (HERE) for free....don't you love that word, FREE!

All you need to do, in order to give your photos the "painting" look, is to use an effect called "aging" on Photobucket's site. Take a look at some before and after pics below:


Perennial Garden, Before



After


Family Room, Before


After


Upstairs Family, Before


After




Beachy Tablescape, Before:




After



Blue & White Tablescape, Before




After



Ok, ready to give it a shot? Here's how you do it:

Go to Photobucket . Join or register...then make sure you are logged in.

Upload a photo you have currently saved on your computer. (Click "Upload images and videos" to upload.)

Once your photo is uploaded, don't forget to scroll down and click on "save.

"Now for the good part...

Click on the word "edit" which is just above your uploaded photo.

Then select the "effects" tab you will see above.

Next click on the "more" arrow, showing at either end of the menu bar above.

You will see an effect called "Fresco"...that's the one you want.

Click on "Fresco" and there ya go...instant art!  You're smiling right now, aren't you? Don't forget to click on "save a copy" so that your new art is saved.

Update:  There's also an effect called "painting."  Try that one, too.  Try them all.  Have fun!

Photobucket calls this process "aging" and you are even given the option of deciding how much to "age" your photo. For grins and giggles, I tried a really super aged look, it wasn't pretty. I recommend the medium setting that is the automatic default when you select Fresco.

Now you may RIGHT click on your photo and select "save picture as" in order to save it to your computer. Be sure and note where you save it on your computer, so you can easily find it later.

Once you have converted several of you pics into art, you can go to the Photo Store of Wal-mart or almost any drugstore online, download your pics to them and have them printed and ready for pick up within the hour. Or maybe you have a photo printer in your home. I don't remember who now, but I remember reading where a blogger printed out pics of several of her rooms in her home, had them framed and then hung them to enjoy. They looked great!

While playing around on Photobucket, I had a little fun (hee, hee, hee)



Shady Bunny


If you do some fun things with your photos on Photobucket, be sure to share them with us on a future Met Monday. Looking forward to seeing your Before and Afters!



If you are participating in Metamorphosis Monday, please be sure to add your permalink below, and not your general blog address. If you aren't sure how to obtain your permalink or have any questions about using Mr. Linky for this post, just click HERE for detailed instructions.

Don't forget to copy and paste the Met Monday logo button to your computer so you can add it to your side bar and your Met Monday post. That way visitors will know that your are participating in Metamorphosis Monday.

Please be sure to link back to the host blog, Between Naps on the Porch, so your fellow bloggers who are participating today, will get lots of visits, as well.

Please do not add your link below until your Met Monday post is actually published to your blog.

The following blogs are participating in this Metamorphosis Monday:


Labels: ,

51 Comments:

At Sunday, August 23, 2009 , Blogger Mary said...

Hi Susan, thank you so much for the inspiration you give so many of us...to have a reason to redo a piece of furniture, or set a table, or buy a good camera!...and have it enjoyed by so many people is really a blessing...I've enjoyed it so much, and I'm happy to be participating in Met Monday for the first time. Happy Monday to you!

Mary

 
At Sunday, August 23, 2009 , Anonymous Kelee Katillac said...

Hi Susan!

Please delete the one url that doesn't work...I am sorry-still new to this linky thing!

Thanks so much for leading the way with this great event!

love, kelee

 
At Sunday, August 23, 2009 , Blogger Ashley @ AshleysBusy said...

Ha, those bunny pics are too gunny!

 
At Sunday, August 23, 2009 , Blogger Signing Out said...

Susan, congratulations on your blogoversary! I was away last week and without Internet access, so I didn't get to join in the fun. However, I read your posts from last week. Thank you for being such an inspiration, and congrats to all of the giveaway winners!

Also, love the aged photos!

Jane

 
At Sunday, August 23, 2009 , Blogger Julio Muao said...

Hi Susan!

I finally completed my MM post for this event...yay! Congratulations to all the winners. Susan, you're the best! and you don't need special effects for your photos. However, I love love photobucket! It's what I also use to add text to my images. Great tip.
xoxo
Julio

 
At Sunday, August 23, 2009 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Dear Susan! Oh, isn't this fun? I love all of the neat things we can do to our photos. Your tutorial is great!
Thanks again for hosting TT!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

 
At Sunday, August 23, 2009 , Anonymous Joan@anythinsggoeshere said...

What fun. Look at all those fun techniques.

 
At Sunday, August 23, 2009 , Blogger Blue Creek Home said...

I love the shady bunny!! Can't wait to play in Photobucket - Thanks for the "how-to" directions!!! And, of course, thanks for hosting such a fun party! Rhonda

 
At Sunday, August 23, 2009 , Blogger Julia @ Hooked on Houses said...

Hi, Susan! You know, I keep hearing about Photobucket but have never tried it. Your instructions sounded so simple that I'm determined to give it a whirl now. :-)

Thanks for hosting another fun Met Monday party. I love these!

 
At Sunday, August 23, 2009 , Blogger Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

OMG Susan!
I am so excited to be one of the lucky winners! The book is gorgeous and I can't wait to read it! I am doing a Happy Dance! Tomorrow's my Birthday so you made it extra special my friend. Thank-you for this lovely blog, the inspiration for so many! Your blog was the first one I ever read and the one that inspired me to give it a try! Hugs, Cindy

 
At Sunday, August 23, 2009 , Blogger Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Susan, I am so thrilled that I won the knives. What a treat. They are just wonderful, and I know I will really enjoy them. Thank you so much. I will email you my address. I also really enjoyed the tutorial on Photobucket. I will have to play with that and see what I can figure out. Thanks again. Hugs, Marty

 
At Sunday, August 23, 2009 , Blogger Michelle said...

Can't believe I'm finally back for another Metamorphosis Monday!

Love the Fresco photo effect...thanks!

 
At Sunday, August 23, 2009 , Blogger 9405018--Pat said...

OMG!!!!!SUSAN, I won...I am soooo happy to be to be one of the winner...What a treat....thanks again....Pat H

 
At Sunday, August 23, 2009 , Anonymous Christi @ A Southern Life said...

Congrats again. All of your winners are some of my favorites. So happy for them. They are wonderful and so are you!

Christi

 
At Sunday, August 23, 2009 , Blogger Designs on 47th Street said...

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!! I'm a winner! Can you hear me screaming with excitement?? I truly am so excited and so pleased that I won in your giveaway. I know how many people were signed up. I'll be tickled to display my Halloween candle in my home and think of you, Susan and Between Naps on the Porch each time I walk past it!

I've always wondered how to do "that" do pictures. Thanks so much for the tutorial. Oh the things we learn here in Blogland.

Thanks bunches!

Donna

 
At Sunday, August 23, 2009 , Blogger Gwen said...

Congrats to the winners and thank you for the chance. Thank you most for your great blog and for hosting Met Monday.

I am always inspired by you and the other posts:)

 
At Sunday, August 23, 2009 , Blogger ~Country Lady~ said...

It is always such a delight to visit your blog. Thank you so much for hosting this event. I decided to join in all the fun and stop being a spectator! What fun I am having visiting in blogland. Thanks so much for the tutorial. It'll be fun to play around with. Have a great week.

 
At Sunday, August 23, 2009 , Blogger ~ ~ Ahrisha ~ ~ said...

Hi Susan~ ~ ~I have got to make some time to get over to Photobucket and get creative. Thanks for the lessons.
~ ~Ahrisha~ ~

 
At Sunday, August 23, 2009 , Blogger Glenda/MidSouth said...

Congratulations to the winners!!!
I have a photobucket account and should take some time and work with some of the different effects.
Great post. Thanks for hosting!

 
At Sunday, August 23, 2009 , Blogger Four Paws and Co said...

I loved this one! You chose the perfect photos to age!
Congrats to the winners!
☺♥☺ Diane

 
At Sunday, August 23, 2009 , Blogger Madame Meg said...

Oh no, those photo transformations are too fun- especially the bunny! I can see hours and hours being wasted playing with that... thanks for sharing it!
- Meg

 
At Sunday, August 23, 2009 , Blogger Lynne (lynnesgiftsfromtheheart) said...

congrats to all the winners. I know they are going to enjoy each of their gifts. Thanks for making this day possible to push "some" of us into getting our projects completed..lol.. ( like you wouldn't tease..oh please girlfriend.. lol.) hugs ~lynne~

 
At Sunday, August 23, 2009 , Blogger Claudia said...

They say that great minds think alike :)

my last weeks before and after was very similar to you post today... only i have been using Picnik and a lil photoshop elements doing the same thing!!

I love it.

thanks always for having such fun for us!!

TTFN~~Claudia ♥

 
At Sunday, August 23, 2009 , Blogger xinex said...

Cool pics, Susan! Thanks for sharing the instructions. Congrats to the winners! I am so happy for them..Christine

 
At Sunday, August 23, 2009 , Blogger susan said...

Susan-Thanks for sharing a great week with us! I am excited to win the tea light holder. As usual, you are a gracious hostess! And thank you for the tutorial--this is something I have been wanting to learn to do!

 
At Sunday, August 23, 2009 , Anonymous Kelee Katillac said...

Susan--

thanks for the stop by...I am so honored to be a part of this--SOOOOOOOOO many creative women--
with such inspiring ideas! Thank-you all for sharing!

Also, thanks for the photobucket tutorial..I am so lame at using these wonderful techniques and tools! I appreciate your help!

love, kelee

 
At Monday, August 24, 2009 , Blogger Tammy518 said...

That is so cool, Susan! I've been wondering how to get that "painting" effect on pictures. Now I know, thanks to you. Have a great week!

 
At Monday, August 24, 2009 , Blogger Fifi Flowers said...

Such FUN with photobucket! ENJOY your week! Fifi

 
At Monday, August 24, 2009 , Blogger ImagineCozy said...

Hi Susan,

Thank you for the insight on how to create art with our photos!

I especially love the one of your porch, and the last one -- the table with the blue vases. It really gives them some added character.

LOVE IT! Thanks,
-Angela

 
At Monday, August 24, 2009 , Blogger Suzanne in TX said...

Thanks again, Susan, for being such a gracious hostess for this fun weekly event! I love the Fresco versions of the tablescapes. This technique would be fun to make some great gifts for Christmas. Thanks for sharing and drop in anytime over my way...

 
At Monday, August 24, 2009 , Blogger Maggie said...

Hi Susan,
I havent used Photobucket yet but after your easy to follow tutorial may have to get it. The results are staggeringly gorgeous & the bunny too cute to mention.
This is my first MM, I loved TT so much, you are a very gracious hostess & everyone has been so kind.
Thanks for all you do.

 
At Monday, August 24, 2009 , Blogger Barbara said...

Susan, What wonderful giveaways, you are a very giving person and I thank you for all your ideas you have shared to inspire me to get busy and do things.

Have a great day.
Barbara

 
At Monday, August 24, 2009 , Anonymous Atticmag said...

Argh! I thought I was sooo Photobucket savvy, but I missed the fresco function. How very cool and even more so to have discovered it via your B & A's. Thanks, I can't wait to try it out.

And another big ty for hosting Met Monday.

~Jane T.

 
At Monday, August 24, 2009 , Blogger alissa said...

i love the technique on the photos....i really love the beachy tablescape! i just joined for the first time, so thank you for a place to come and share!

 
At Monday, August 24, 2009 , Blogger Unknown said...

Congratulations to the winners!

thanks again for the wonderful giveaways.

 
At Monday, August 24, 2009 , Blogger Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

Congrats to all of the winners! How generous of you to have the wonderful giveaways!

 
At Monday, August 24, 2009 , Blogger Mrs. Teapot said...

Dear Susan,

Thank you for hosting this fun event. It certainly motivates me to get things done. I also enjoy perusing the fabulous makeovers others have done.

Have a great week!

 
At Monday, August 24, 2009 , Blogger The Stylish House said...

Susan,
What wonderful prizes! Thank you again for hosting this fun weekly event. Happy Met Monday.
Cathy

 
At Monday, August 24, 2009 , Blogger cindy said...

Just found your blog and am drooling over your pictures :o) I added a link to my metamorphosis and added you in my blogroll so I can get more inspiration!

 
At Monday, August 24, 2009 , Blogger Sarah said...

Susan, thanks for another great lesson on how to have fantastic photos. I'm going to give it a try.

Congratulations to all the winners! You had a busy week of celebrating and offered some wonderful give-aways.

I'm eager to see your roosters. If you have time stop by my place for a Blue Rooster Monday and more to roosters to follow in the coming days. ~ Sarah

http://hyacinthforthesoul.blogspot.com/

 
At Monday, August 24, 2009 , Blogger Toni said...

This is my first Met Monday, and I hope to participate in more in the future! Thanks for hosting this!

 
At Monday, August 24, 2009 , Blogger LADYHIGHTOWER said...

This is my first and I feel like such a novice! But I love your site and I'm sure I'm going to learn a lot! Thanks!

 
At Monday, August 24, 2009 , Blogger Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

Oh well! If I couldn't win this week -- I'm so glad that all those treasures went to so many of my favorite bloggers! Can't wait for them to post them and see how they "stage" those pretties at their homes. Thanks for such an especially fun week!

 
At Monday, August 24, 2009 , Blogger Cottage Rose said...

Hello Susan; First of all a big Congrats, to all the lucky winners of the give a way... and the photos are just so amazing. I just came back from there and sign up, I can't wait to have some fun,,,, thanks for sharing it... I love the Free as well...lol

Hugs;
Alaura

 
At Monday, August 24, 2009 , Blogger bj said...

Thanks so much for stopping by tonight, dear Susan. I know how busy you are...working full time, running a large house and all your work making your blog so beautiful for us. I, for one, so appreciate all your hard work and all the helpful posts you've done for us.
You are amazing!!
What wonderful giveaways...congrats to all the blessed winners.
Xo bj

 
At Tuesday, August 25, 2009 , Anonymous The Pleasures of Homemaking said...

Actually, I just started using Photobucket about two weeks ago so I had no idea you could do this! Thank you! You're always so generous with your knowledge!

Congrats to all who one the giveaways!


Manuela

 
At Tuesday, August 25, 2009 , Anonymous Kristin@Boulevard Interior Design said...

Okay very cool. Totally intimidating. I love the tables. Thanks for the Met Monday.

 
At Tuesday, August 25, 2009 , Blogger janet said...

Congrats to everyone adn thanks for the Photobucket information.

 
At Tuesday, August 25, 2009 , Blogger Barb said...

Susan, thank you once again for such wonderful information....you are truly amazing. I would never have attempted the stretch blog design without your help. What a generous soul you truly are!

Thank you so much for displaying the Rooster Button. I do hope to see you....wouldn't be the same without you!

Sending you a smile,
Barb

 
At Tuesday, August 25, 2009 , Blogger Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

Susan, you are such an inspiration! Thanks for the step by step! I am going to do this tonight!

 
At Tuesday, August 25, 2009 , Blogger Chari at Happy To Design said...

Yeeeehawww!!! I won!!! I won!!!

Whew...let me gain my composure! Hehe! Dearest Susan...thank you so much for having this fabulous gift giveaway in honor of Between Naps On The Porch!!! I just love, love, LOVE that darling little rooster tassel and I will certainly give him a good home!!!

Well my friend, I really do remember this post...using photobucket's effects! As soon as I read this post (way back then...hehe!) I went right over to Photobucket and played! I love the "paint" and "fresco" effects...your lovely porch and tablescapes are so beautiful done up with those!!! Thank you for sharing this again! For those of you who haven't tried it...you really should...it's lots of fun!!!

Thank you again, Dearheart!!! I love my tassel!!! You're so sweet and so very generous!!! That's just two of the many, many reasons that BNOTP is so well loved and has been so successful!!!

Love ya,
Chari

 

Post a Comment

Have BNOTP delivered right to your feed reader or Inbox. Subscription links are located at the top right. Thanks so much for your comments. I love hearing your thoughts and ideas! I moderate comments so don't worry if your comment doesn't post immediately. BNOTP is a happy place, a drama-free zone. :) In that regard, comments that are snarky, mean-spirited or possibly hurtful to BNOTP's much-loved visitors, will not be posted. Thanks always for your comment. You are the very best part of Between Naps on the Porch!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home