This Page

has been moved to new address

Happy Blogoversary Day!
Between Naps on the Porch: Happy Blogoversary Day!

Between Naps on the Porch

Between Naps on the Porch is a lifestyle blog with an emphasis on Decorating, Tablescaping, Before and Afters, Thrify Finds, and Gardening.

Aug 18, 2009

Happy Blogoversary Day!


Light the fireworks, sound the horns, throw the confetti!..it's time for a celebration! Today is the official birthday of Between Naps on the Porch! Can you believe it?! BNOTP is 1 year old today! :-)

To show my appreciation for your wonderful support and visits during this past year, BNOTP will be hosting a brand new give-a-way every day this week for Blogoversary Week (Monday through Friday) August 17th through August 21st. (Tablescape Thursday will go on as always...the Give-a-Way will be in addition!) If you missed yesterdays Give-a-Way, just scroll down to that post and leave a comment. The drawings for all 5 days will not take place until this weekend, so you have all week to leave a comment on each Give-a-Way post:-)

The Give-a-Ways this week are just a small way to show my appreciation for you, the loyal readers of BNOTP. To enter each of the five Give-a-Ways posted this week, just leave a comment on that day's post. Since there will be a new Give-a-Way every day this week, be sure to stop by and enter each day.

I'd especially like to show my appreciation to those of you who are "Followers" of BNOTP...so, if you are a Follower, be sure to mention that in your comment and your name will be entered twice for today's drawing. Did you know you don't have to be a blogger yourself to become a Follower of BNOTP. Just register and sign in with Google and you will be able to "Follow" all of your favorite blogs. :-)

If you also subscribe to the BNOTP feed, mention that, too, for a third entry into today's Give-a-Way. Remember, there will be a different drawing each day, so lots of opportunities to win. :-) To make it easy, you can just write "F" and/or "S" in your comment and I'll know to include an extra entry for you for that day's Give-a-Way. :-) And thanks so much for "following" BNOTP!

Our Blogoversary Give-a-Way for today is Mary Carol Garrity's new book, Nell Hill's, O Christmas Tree. I was so excited to see the release date for this book is today, August 18th...great timing for our Give-a-Way! :-)



Are you a serious Mary Carol Garrity/Nell Hill fan like I am? I'm really looking forward to this book arriving because it's my favorite kind...the kind where the author takes you inside her own home, and at Christmas time, no less! :-) Amazon says, Mary Carol will be "inviting you into her own 130-year-old Greek Revival home decked out in the season's liveliest shades of evergreen, pine cone, and holly."

If you'd like an opportunity to win a copy of this book, be sure to leave a comment here. If you missed entering in yesterday's drawing for the darling rooster tassel made by Angela at The Tassel House, it's not too late to enter...just scroll on down to that post and leave your comment there, too. The winners for each Give-a-Way will be announced next Monday, August 24th!

When I was trying to decide what to post for this day, the Blogoversary Day for Between Naps on the Porch, I thought it might be fun to share my very first post...the one that kicked off this wonderful, crazy adventure called Blogging. :-) I haven't changed a single thing...it's just the way it was the day it was published. You'll notice the pics are quite small...I left them that way since it would sort of be cheating to enlarge them now. :-)

I was surprised to discover the pic I chose from my computer just a few months ago to be the image for my "blog button," was a pic I took for my very first blog post...isn't that fitting, somehow? :-) You'll see it at the end of this post. If you enjoy visiting BNOTP or participating in Met Monday or Tablescape Thursday, please feel free to take the BNOTP button that you'll find posted on my sidebar. It will give you an easy, fast link to BNOTP whenever you like. :-)

I had to smile when I read the last line of this first post...I think it will make you smile, too. :-) (A little background for those who are more recent readers of BNOTP...Tablescape Thursday first began as Tablescape Tuesday, but was moved to Thursday when Metamorphosis Monday began, just to keep a little distance between those two blog parties.)

Hope you enjoy this very first post for Between Naps on the Porch...it made me feel a little nostalgic. :-)

August 18, 2008
Welcome to my first ever, blog! Many thanks to all of you who have poked, prodded and assisted me down this long, winding corridor that leads to Blogville...you know who you are! :-) Now, having finally gotten up the nerve to dip my big toe into the fast moving current of Blog land, it seems only fitting to begin a blog titled "Between Naps on the Porch" with quotes about, and views of, some great porches. I'm making plans for some fun and hopefully informative future posts and I'm am so hoping you will come back again soon.

Now for a little tease :-) In an upcoming post, I'll share how easy it is to turn your photos into little works of art, without having to purchase any special software. It's really easy and fun...I'll try to get that posted soon!


Now, just sit back, put your feet up and let's go relax a while on some wonderful porches.

Friends are the pillars on your porch. Sometimes they hold you up, sometimes they lean on you, and sometimes it's just enough to know that they are standing by. " (Anonymous)



Behold a woman! She looks out from her Quaker cap, her face is clearer and more beautiful than the sky. She sits in an armchair under the shaded porch of the farmhouse, The sun just shines on her old white head. Walt Whitman, from Faces


"The best kind of friend is the kind you can sit on a porch swing with, never say a word, then walk away feeling like it was the best conversation that you ever had.” (Anonymous)


"The porch is like the brim of a hat. it shades you, but makes it possible for you to have an uninterrupted view of the surrounding landscape." David Heymann, American Architect


“You can run with the big dogs or sit on the porch and bark." Wallace Arnold, Major General, U.S. Army


"What was it Clarise had said one afternoon? No front porches. My uncle says there used to be front porches. And people sat there sometimes at night, talking, when they wanted to talk, rocking and not talking when they didn't want to talk." Ray Bradbury, Author, Fahrenheit 451

Thanks for your visit! I would be so happy if you would take a moment to leave me a comment and sign the guestbook before you leave. And, I'd love to hear your thoughts concerning what you would love to see posted here. I'm thinking we might need to have a Tablescape Tuesday...what do you think? :-)
END of first post...


Well, I don't know about you, but I'm so glad I decided to give that crazy idea of having a tablescaping day a try. :-)

I would like to take a moment to THANK each and every one of you from the bottom of my heart...it's all of you who have made this first year so very, very special! If you weren't stopping by each day with your encouraging and wonderfully generous comments, BNOTP would most likely not exist today. Thank you so much for your valued friendship and support! I love each and everyone of you!

Ok, I'm going to close this post before I start crying and upset Max...he can't stand to see me cry. :-} Does your kitty get upset if you cry? I don't think Max would understand happy tears. :-)

See you tomorrow for our next Give-a-Way! :-) In the meantime, give yourself a nice treat by scrolling down to check out the awesome "Before and Afters" posted yesterday for Metamorphosis Monday!

Labels: ,

244 Comments:

1 – 200 of 244 Newer› Newest»
At Tuesday, August 18, 2009 , Blogger Mimi Sue said...

Congratulations on your anniversary! Time really does fly by when you're having fun. I do love Nell Hill and I love Christmas so it's a must get book! Mimi PS I'm signing up as a follower right now.

 
At Tuesday, August 18, 2009 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love anything Christmas, so it must be a great book! Thanks for the opportunity to win. Congratulations on your blog anniversary. You do a beautiful job on both your home decor and your blog! Veronica

 
At Tuesday, August 18, 2009 , Anonymous Flowersnfelines said...

I read your blog every day, but have never left a message. Your home is very pretty and I love the way you decorate. I am already registered as a follower - please enter me in your contest. Thank you

 
At Tuesday, August 18, 2009 , Blogger Susan (Between Naps On The Porch.net) said...

Thanks, Flowersnfelines, so much for your comment...so glad you are a reader and a follower! :-)
Susan

 
At Tuesday, August 18, 2009 , Blogger Dorothy said...

Susan,

It was fun going down memory lane with you to see your very first post. I had to smile at the end of the post, because invisibly stamped across it is "talented."

Happy FIRST birthday to BNOTP! I am a SUBSCRIBER.

 
At Tuesday, August 18, 2009 , Blogger Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

Congratualtions on your anniversary...Your blog is filled with wonderful things....

 
At Tuesday, August 18, 2009 , Blogger Carol E. in AZ said...

I love your blog! May you enjoy posting wonderful things for us for many years to come! I'm a follower! carolinmesa@yahoo.com

 
At Tuesday, August 18, 2009 , Blogger Danica said...

Following here in Michigan! Love love lovely blog! Been reading for a while~huge fan of you blog and your decorating style! :)

Danica

 
At Tuesday, August 18, 2009 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I also would like to wish you a happy anniversary......I just resently found your blog, and am loving it...... The pictures you share inspire me.......I may be 1 year behind, but I am excited to be here NOW!! Christmas is my favortie time, and I would love to be the lucky winner!! Thanks for sharing with all of us
gaylesfolly@aol.com

 
At Tuesday, August 18, 2009 , Blogger Sue said...

Susan, You certainly have accomplished a lot in a mere 365 days! You have been an inspiration to many and are a fine example of what a true blogger should be. I am honored to be a follower and a subscriber- I look forward to your posts and your "parties."
:-) Sue

 
At Tuesday, August 18, 2009 , Blogger Marianne said...

We are glad you give that tablescaping idea a chance too! And yes of course F and S!

 
At Tuesday, August 18, 2009 , Blogger Melissa Miller said...

~WOOHOO!! Congrats Susan!

I'm throwing confetti in the air right now! ~Enjoy! :)

 
At Tuesday, August 18, 2009 , Blogger Unknown said...

Happy 1st Anniversary, Susan! I enjoyed reading your first post. It could have been your most recent post; for all your care, your sharing, and your warmth poured throught the monitor. Just as it always does. Although, you are a bit more fiesty now ha! ;)

Great 2nd giveaway. Of course I'd love to win your book. ;)

Hope you have a fabulously fun blogoversary week!

Tina

 
At Tuesday, August 18, 2009 , Blogger Sarah said...

Susan,
Your very first post was just as clever and creative as all that have followed. As you know I found you late, but I've been back into each and every one of your inspirational posts now. Some I've revisited several times. Your blog is like a beautiful magazine! Thank you for the time and effort that I know this takes. And a huge thank you for the friendship you have shown me since I found your blog. You are the reason I jumped into the "the fast moving current of Blog land."
I adore all of Mary Carol's wonderful books. Thanks for the chance to win this brand new hot off the press copy. I'm a loyal fan and an F&S. Thanks and Congratulations!
hyacinthforthesoul.blogspot.com/

 
At Tuesday, August 18, 2009 , Anonymous Journey said...

Congratulations!!!!! Such a milestone. I'm new to this community and I am a loyal follower. You inspire me!

 
At Tuesday, August 18, 2009 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on 1 year! Thank you for being such an inspiration to all of us!!

Someone suggested Nell Hills decorating books when I was recouping from my snakebite last month. I got them from our library I Love Mary's style!! Can so see you in these books ! Would love to have one of these books to own!!

blessings
mary

 
At Tuesday, August 18, 2009 , Blogger Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

I am not familiar with this book, but it sounds wonderful. Happy Birthday to you blog...Happy B/D to your blog....and many more!!

 
At Tuesday, August 18, 2009 , Anonymous Donna said...

Susan, I love anything Christmas. Please enter me in your giveaway! I am an "F" and an "S" because you have the BEST blog!
I treasure your emails about Amber from last week, they were so sweet, thank you for responding. My husband and I loved the day we spent in Marietta.
Donna in Alabama

 
At Tuesday, August 18, 2009 , Blogger The Little Red Shop said...

Oh, it's beginning to look a bit like Christmas! Happy Anniversary Susan! I follow your beautiful blog.

: )

Julie

 
At Tuesday, August 18, 2009 , Blogger Four Paws and Co said...

Happy Bloggy Birthday/Anniversary Susan! You know how much I adore reading your wonderful posts & drool all over my keyboard over your beautiful photos! It's been a wonderful year and I'm looking forward to many more years of reading your blog & more drooling all over the keyboard too! Hugs! Diane

 
At Tuesday, August 18, 2009 , Blogger Chari at Happy To Design said...

Hello Girlfriend...

Happy Blogoversary!!! My friend, I remember this very first blog post that you did...just like it was yesterday! Where has the time gone? Well...it's been a fabulous year for BNOTP!!! Congratulations on your success, Darlin'! You and your blog are such an inspiration to all of us...love you, Sweetie!!!

I would just love Nell Hill's Christmas book...bet it's fabulous! You probably already know but I have been your faithful follower from the very first day...and number one fan!!! Today I subscribed to your blog...(eekks..not sure what that is all about but will find out...hehe!)

Thank you, Girlfriend! And once again...Congratulations!!!
Love ya,
Chari

 
At Tuesday, August 18, 2009 , Blogger Maggie said...

Happy Anniversary Susan,
I only began following your blog very recently thanks to friend Sarah/Hyacinth, and so I loved reading your very first post especially the quotes by "Anonymous".
I love to see your porch tablescapes, you have a beautiful home.
a bientot from Normandy.

 
At Tuesday, August 18, 2009 , Blogger susan said...

Happy Birthday and congratulatons on a year filled with beauty and dedication!

 
At Tuesday, August 18, 2009 , Anonymous Puna said...

Congratulations! I'm a regular here and you and I looked like we started blogging at the same time. Love your porch:)

 
At Tuesday, August 18, 2009 , Anonymous Linda C said...

I recently found your blog and sent a link to everyone I know. Your home is beautiful. I have never heard of the author before but if you think she is great then she must be wonderful. Thank you for taking the time to share with us.
Linda F S

 
At Tuesday, August 18, 2009 , Blogger Linda (Nina's Nest) said...

Susan, happy blog anniversary! Wow - quite an accomplishment! Thanks for sharing the porches - they are beautiful. I'd love to be in the drawing. Linda

 
At Tuesday, August 18, 2009 , Blogger Granna Girl said...

Your blog is on my reader and I really enjoy it. You have a beautiful home!

 
At Tuesday, August 18, 2009 , Blogger Paula@SweetPea said...

Congratulation on your blogiversary! I would love to win Mary Carol's Christmas book. It's never to early to start thinking about Christmas. I'm a follower and really enjoy your blog and especially your photography.

 
At Tuesday, August 18, 2009 , Blogger Jen O said...

Congratulations!! You are doing a great job. The new book looks really interesting - love Neil Hill. I am a follower love this website.

 
At Tuesday, August 18, 2009 , Blogger Tress said...

PLease enter me in. Thank you!

 
At Tuesday, August 18, 2009 , Blogger Unknown said...

Susan,
I have all of the Nell Hill's books except for the Christmas books, so I look forward to getting this new one. I am a happy follower of your blog and it's hard to believe that I've been enjoying it since last summer. Happy 1st Anniversary!
Carol

 
At Tuesday, August 18, 2009 , Blogger Martha said...

Congratulations on you first anniversary!

 
At Tuesday, August 18, 2009 , Blogger Girl with the Curlz said...

Happy Anniversary!! A week of giveaways. You are too much. How fun. Count me in. I am also a follower.

 
At Tuesday, August 18, 2009 , Blogger KD said...

Congrats on one year!!! Not only am I a follower but as I have mentioned before I love Nell Hill! So sign me up twice :-)

 
At Tuesday, August 18, 2009 , Blogger Melanie@TheOldWhiteCottage said...

Wow! Great book! Happy Anniversary!!

/F

 
At Tuesday, August 18, 2009 , Blogger Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

Happy Blog Anniversary! I am so glad I have gotten to know you over this past year!

I would love to win this wonderful book!

 
At Tuesday, August 18, 2009 , Blogger Unknown said...

Oh, my cat, Smokie, is the same way, she gets so upset when I cry and she tries so hard to comfort me. She'll rub her head against mine and meow at me. Cats are a girl's best friend.

Your first post was lovely as every post has been since that day. I found your blog about 3 months ago and am still raving about it to friends. Your tables are an inspiration!

Happy Anniversary.

 
At Tuesday, August 18, 2009 , Blogger Unknown said...

p.s. I am a follower

 
At Tuesday, August 18, 2009 , Blogger SmilingSally said...

Congratulations on Blogland's BIG EVENT!

 
At Tuesday, August 18, 2009 , Blogger Theresa @ Take A Sentimental Journey said...

I am just crazy about your porch. So lovely ! Please enter me .
F and S

 
At Tuesday, August 18, 2009 , Blogger Jane said...

Congratulations on your one year anniversary. I am a follower and enjoy reading your posts and viewing the beautiful photos. I look forward to many more anniversaries! Your give-away today is a great gift. I grew up in Atchison where Nell Hill's is located and get back often to see what Mary Carol has to offer in her store.

 
At Tuesday, August 18, 2009 , Blogger Diane said...

Can't wait for my one year anniversary. You're doing great!

 
At Tuesday, August 18, 2009 , Blogger Unknown said...

Congratulations!!! I never get tired of coming here and looking at your beautiful home, especially the porch. It captured my heart the first time I visited your blog.
follower
Sara

 
At Tuesday, August 18, 2009 , Anonymous Pat@Back Porch Musings said...

Congratulations Susan!

 
At Tuesday, August 18, 2009 , Blogger Lynn Osborne said...

Hi Susan, This is going to be a fun week waiting for all the special treats you have for us. Thanks for the change to win. I read you in my Google Reader but I don't know if that's a subscription or a feed.

 
At Tuesday, August 18, 2009 , Blogger Kathleen Grace said...

I love your blog and the tablescape thursdays. You have been such an inspiration to me with your wonderful decorating style and beautiful home. This is a generous give-away! Thanks for the opportunity to win. I'm signing up as a follower right now:>)

 
At Tuesday, August 18, 2009 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You never cease to amaze me, your blog is so very lovely. I have everyone of the Nell Hill's books except, of course, this one. Jackie S

 
At Tuesday, August 18, 2009 , Blogger Pamie G. said...

Can't go a day without coming to your blog! Thank you so much for all that you give to all of us! I love Nell Hill, I have several of her books but no Christmas!! Have a great day!

 
At Tuesday, August 18, 2009 , Blogger Reid said...

Congrats on one year! I am a follower and would love to win! Enjoy your day!

 
At Tuesday, August 18, 2009 , Blogger KBeau said...

Happy Anniversary! Did you ever make the post about turning photos into works of art? I'd like to find that one.

BTW, I'm a loyal follower.

 
At Tuesday, August 18, 2009 , Blogger Carol at Serendipity said...

Your blog was the first one I saw and I became a follower the same day! For a new blogger yours is a model of excellence. I even ordered your ma maison dishes on ebay.

Susan, congratulations on a wonderful blog. Thank you.

 
At Tuesday, August 18, 2009 , Blogger southerninspiration said...

happy Blogaversary....you are a natural writer and photographer! You always have great ideas to share, and beautiful settings to enjoy....now that I've buttered you up a bit, just let me say I'd LOVE to win that book....who wouldn't? Please keep sharing, and I'll continue to be a follower! I usually don't do Tablescape Thursday because I don't do dining tablescapes that often. Y'all always make it look so gorgeous, though.
Thanks for a fun year!!!

Suzanne

 
At Tuesday, August 18, 2009 , Blogger Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

Thanks Susan! What a wonderful week of giving! So many of us celebrate with you -- because for some of us -- if it weren't for your blog - ours would have never existed, thank you for your warmth and generosity and making our world a bit more lovely from the view from your porch! Count me in please and you know I follow you! --- perhaps someone should make a movie about your blog!

 
At Tuesday, August 18, 2009 , Blogger Carolyn said...

Congratulations! I love your blog and I am a follower. The book is a great giveaway.

Carolyn

 
At Tuesday, August 18, 2009 , Blogger Rhondi said...

Hi Susan
What a great idea to include your first post. I am a follower so countme in for the giveaway. I love reading your blog.
Hugs, Rhondi

 
At Tuesday, August 18, 2009 , Blogger LukesLove said...

I found your blog not too long ago.... it's so sweet! I just started mine not too long ago either... I would love mine to become as welcoming as yours and have so many friends come visit me! Happy 1st Blogoversary!

I follow and also get your email updates now!!

 
At Tuesday, August 18, 2009 , Blogger LukesLove said...

..and I forgot to say that I like your Tablescapes and decided that I am going to join you this Thursday for the first time! =)

 
At Tuesday, August 18, 2009 , Blogger Sharlotte said...

Hi Susan,

Thanks for the giveaway today as well! I love, love, love the Nell Hill books. I went to Amazon and took a look inside and fell in love. {I ordered three of her books!} So, far, I've read only one...it's my special treat at the end of my day. I love her tips and helpful hints. I'm gradually taking my house back to the way I really want it ~ changing a few things each day until it actually feels like a home again!

Please enter me in today's drawing. I'm a F and S.

Thanks!

 
At Tuesday, August 18, 2009 , Blogger Lynda said...

Everything you do, Susan, spells creativity. I'd love to be entered in this giveaway!

A follower~

 
At Tuesday, August 18, 2009 , Blogger Michelle @ Sweet Something Design said...

Congrats Susan! You are by far the most gracious blogger! Thanking us, when we should thank you for all the inspiration and information that you share on your blog!! THANK YOU! I have not been blogging for very long, but YOU were who helped me along! You were one of my first commenters and follower! Giving me confidence, when I wasn't sure what I was doing...I think a lot of people can say that! Have a happy, happy day and Happy Blogoversary!! May you have many more to come!
Michelle

 
At Tuesday, August 18, 2009 , Blogger Joy Tilton said...

Congrats and a big Thank You for filling our lives with ideas and beauty. I'd follow you anywhere!

 
At Tuesday, August 18, 2009 , Blogger Linh C. said...

Congrats!

Your blog always bring a smile to my face. Thanks for sharing your life with us.

 
At Tuesday, August 18, 2009 , Anonymous caren said...

Congrats Susan! I would be honored to be entered in your giveaway. I am a follower and stop by every morning!

 
At Tuesday, August 18, 2009 , Blogger "Blossom" said...

This is a wonderful celebration. Thank you for all the wonderful, know how tablecapes and other information that you have shared with us during this time of one year. I am a SF too. Congrats to you for a huge success of your blog and keeping us comming back for more.

 
At Tuesday, August 18, 2009 , Blogger Lynne (lynnesgiftsfromtheheart) said...

Happy Anniversary, Can you believe it's been a year? Where has the time gone. What fond memories this first post brings and all the visiting about the blog before hand. You know I follow you darling and would be "honored" to win anything..(usually my luck doesn't run that way, but one never knows huh? ) Congrats on a beautiful year of blogging and to many many more. If I had a glass of champagne I would lift a big toast to you.. love ya girl..
hugs ~lynne~

 
At Tuesday, August 18, 2009 , Blogger Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

WOW!! Happy Anniversary Sisan...it doesn't seem like a year has gone by already...Hey I have one in 2 months and your the one who talked me in to doing a blog remember??
What a great year you have had my friend...hope to see you for many more...People love you Susan and I think I was one that told you that when you started your blog...Oh yes I am a F and have been since day one...May you have a Great week my Dear friend...Hugs and smiles Gl♥ria

 
At Tuesday, August 18, 2009 , Blogger Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Hi Susan,
Congratulations on your Blogaversary! I always enjoy my visit here! I am a Follower and would love to be entered in your Giveaway. Enjoy your day.

Blessings,
Sandi

 
At Tuesday, August 18, 2009 , Blogger Marlis said...

Today is the day! A day to rejoice, to reflect, to be proud. congratulations. Love your blog, glad i found it, thanks for a chance to win!

 
At Tuesday, August 18, 2009 , Blogger Marlis said...

ooh and i am a subscriber.. forgot to mention that.. :(

 
At Tuesday, August 18, 2009 , Blogger Dana and Daisy said...

my cat just looks at me like what is wrong now?

But I used to have a schnauzer named Little Billie and she would stand her paws on my chest and stick her nose right in my face if I cried. It was so sweet, it always made me laugh!

 
At Tuesday, August 18, 2009 , Blogger Salmagundi said...

Congratulations on such a successful first year - here's to many more!! Sally

 
At Tuesday, August 18, 2009 , Blogger BrushedByAnAngel said...

I love her books. Congrats on your anniversary, you have a really lovely blog and I love your porch. I am a "F" so please enter me in your contest. Congrats again!!

 
At Tuesday, August 18, 2009 , Blogger Lisa said...

Congrats! Congrats! Your blog is wonderful and warm...a special place to visit. Thank you for being such a gracious host!

 
At Tuesday, August 18, 2009 , Anonymous Beverly said...

Congratulations. I love celebrations, and your blog is definitely something to celebrate.

You know I am a devoted follower. Thank you for the opportunity to win this book.

 
At Tuesday, August 18, 2009 , Blogger Lori E said...

I am very glad I have been a small part of this. Thanks for all the inspiration.

 
At Tuesday, August 18, 2009 , Blogger Lorri said...

Congratulations on your first year on BNOTP! Your blog inspires me in so many ways.

I've signed up to receive updates on MyAol.

 
At Tuesday, August 18, 2009 , Blogger Jo said...

Congrat Thanks for the giveaway. I love following your blog!....Jo

 
At Tuesday, August 18, 2009 , Blogger 9405018--Pat said...

Hi Susab, it was fun going down memory lane with you today....Take care girl friends.....thanks for sharing your home and life with us....Pat H (F)

 
At Tuesday, August 18, 2009 , Anonymous Teresa said...

Congrats! I am hopeful for another year of Naps!
I am a subscriber.
teresacline2001@yahoo.com

 
At Tuesday, August 18, 2009 , Blogger pammiejo said...

Enter me in your drawing. I'm a loyal follower of your blog and enjoy reading it immensely. PAM

 
At Tuesday, August 18, 2009 , Blogger food with style said...

you are so talented and a joy to visit, congrats on your one year annie. thanks to you, you have brought so many people together to share beautiful things, BRAVO!

 
At Tuesday, August 18, 2009 , Blogger ~Country Lady~ said...

Congrats on your one year blogoversary! How fun it was to read your first post! All the lovely porches and quotes...very nice. I'm a follower and hope you have a grand day in celebration of this big event in blogland.

 
At Tuesday, August 18, 2009 , Anonymous Christi @ A Southern Life said...

Congrats! Your blog is beautiful and always inspiring. I so look forward to your wonderful posts and participating in your parties. You are a lovely hostess! Thanks. I'm a follower!

Christi

 
At Tuesday, August 18, 2009 , Blogger JudyR said...

New to your adorable blog and Nell Hill. Just ordered one of her older books yesterday because of your blog. We have our hobbies in common - gardening, reading, birding and antquing. I was also an English major in college! Siters of the Soul!

Happy Anniversary!

 
At Tuesday, August 18, 2009 , Blogger Deborah said...

Happy Anniversary to BTNOP. I love your blog and can't wait for new posts. Here's to the next wonderful year of your blog.

Deborah

 
At Tuesday, August 18, 2009 , Blogger Peg said...

Congratulations on your first anniversary! I really enjoy your blog and I have your feed posted on mine as a favorite. I haven't signed up for much following yet... I'm afraid I will be overwhelmed by all the incoming things to read. For now I just enjoy hopping from blog to blog, especially on Met Monday and Tablescape Thursday. Keep up the good work!

 
At Tuesday, August 18, 2009 , Blogger Linda in AZ * said...

* Sweetest Susan~ Hmmm, I thought I'd NEVER "GET HERE" (to the bottom of the page to leave a comment, I mean!)... WOW!!!.......LOTS of followers now, n' LOTS of friends FROM that! You should be SO honored and SO proud!!!

HAPPY 1st BLOGAVERSARY!!! ...... "YOU'VE COME A LONG WAY, BABY!"

Love,
Linda *

 
At Tuesday, August 18, 2009 , Blogger Shari @ My Cottage of Bliss said...

Congratulations Susan! When "everybody" back at RMS was leaving to start blogs, but before you had started yours, I remember thinking to myself that you would probably produce a very interesting and pretty blog. And I was right! Each and every post during this past year has been such a delight. :)

Here's to many more "Blogoversaries"!

 
At Tuesday, August 18, 2009 , Blogger Susan P. said...

Congratulations on your blogaversary! I am a loyal reader ~ your blog is one of the first ones I read in the morning! I would love to enter my name in the drawing:)

 
At Tuesday, August 18, 2009 , Blogger Vicki said...

Happy Blogversiery!! the imagery and quotes today were wonderful!

 
At Tuesday, August 18, 2009 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your blog keep it going !!!!

 
At Tuesday, August 18, 2009 , Blogger Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

I love porches, wish I had one, and you've shown some really great ones. I have so enjoyed your blog ever since I found it. Your MM and your TT are two of my favorite events. Love them both and try to join each week. I have been a follower for as long as I've been blogging, and love it all. Thanks. Hugs, Marty

 
At Tuesday, August 18, 2009 , Blogger Caroline said...

Happy Blogiversary! It was one year for me in July. It seems there are a few of us who only started a year ago. I love that photo of the porch swing.

 
At Tuesday, August 18, 2009 , Blogger Jenny Froh said...

Happy Blogiversary!!!!! WOW!
I'm definitely a follower too :)
LOVE YOUR BLOG!

 
At Tuesday, August 18, 2009 , Blogger The Barnett Family said...

Congrats on the anniversary....I am a loyal follower! I LOVE Tablescape Thursday. I believe you have more dishes than anyone person in the WORLD!!! Thanks for all of your tips and inspirations!

Tonya

 
At Tuesday, August 18, 2009 , Blogger Donna @ Paisley and Perspective said...

Susan - I love your first post! The quotes are so very true! Congrats again on your blogoversary!

From a follower and subscriber and fellow porch lover!!

 
At Tuesday, August 18, 2009 , Blogger Lorie said...

Congrats on your anniversary!! Please enter me again for the book drawing! I'm a follower and subscriber!! Thanks, Lorie lasaes@yahoo.com

 
At Tuesday, August 18, 2009 , Blogger Carolyn said...

Congratulations on your one year anniversary! I enjoyed reading your first blog...sooo glad you started.

 
At Tuesday, August 18, 2009 , Blogger susie said...

Yippee!! It's a Blogoversary! Love your blog and have learned so much from it. Thank you for your hard work.

 
At Tuesday, August 18, 2009 , Blogger Vicci @theplaidbasket said...

CONGRATULATIONS on your first anniversary! I found your blog about 3 weeks ago and pretty much live here catching up! I LOVE YOUR home and ALL your posts! I instantly signed up to be a follower and subscriber. What an introduction to blogland! I'm trying to set up a blog as I'd love to participate in the Tablescape Thursday. I've been tablescaping for 5 years not even knowing that's what I was doing! LOL THANK YOU so much for sharing your home and wealth of info. Vicci

 
At Tuesday, August 18, 2009 , Blogger Anita@Theycallmejammi said...

Congrats on your Anniversary...you always have the best posts. I'm a follower and I've just subscribed (thought I already had, but apparently not). Wishing you more blogs in the future!!

 
At Tuesday, August 18, 2009 , Blogger The Martys said...

I just became a follower. I just love your blog and I love Mary Carol Garrity/ Nell Hills. I have been to her shop a few times and have all her books. A few of them signed. Congratulations on your anniversary.

 
At Tuesday, August 18, 2009 , Blogger Mrs. Teapot said...

Dear Susan, congratulations on your one year anniversary! What an accomplishment! Your blog is amazing... just filled to the brim with beautiful pictures, ideas and adventures ; )

Thank you for allowing us to participate in so many fun activities and being a little part of your life here in Blogville.

I am a follower and would like to be entered for today's giveaway. I have felt intimidated to leave comments, thinking, "Oh my, she doesn't need another comment to read."

I did participate in Foodie Friday once , through your blog and I can't believe you actually follow my little blog, Blossoming Where I am Planted.... thank you. And I'm looking forward to participating in Metamorphosis Monday next week.

Phew, this is a long comment. Thanks, once again.

Blessings,

 
At Tuesday, August 18, 2009 , Blogger Hattie said...

I just loove your blog! Love the beauty and the variety. You share your beautiful decor and helpful information.
That's a generous giveaway. Would love to be the lucky one.

 
At Tuesday, August 18, 2009 , Blogger Kendra @ Domestic Princess in Training said...

Happy Birthday BNOTP!!! I’m a follower and have enjoyed your blog immensely. Thanks for posting and keep the great blogs coming.

Kendra @ Domestic Princess in Training

 
At Tuesday, August 18, 2009 , Blogger Hattie said...

Hey! I just came back to say I am a Follower as of just a moment ago!
Thanks for the info on signing up.
Hattie

 
At Tuesday, August 18, 2009 , Blogger Glenda/MidSouth said...

Happy Anniversary! I have always enjoyed reading your posts. Keep up the great work. I am a follower also.

 
At Tuesday, August 18, 2009 , Blogger santamaker said...

Wow, a year has passed already? Thanks, Susan for showing us how to manage and create such a fun and friendly blog, not to mention...beautiful! Congrats, girl!
Where you lead, I will follow..... you know I'm one of your biggest fans!

 
At Tuesday, August 18, 2009 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your BNOTP Anniversary. It is my favorite blog. The new book looks great and just what I need to get me started thinking about Christmas.
Carolyn
hcshelley@triad.rr.com

 
At Tuesday, August 18, 2009 , Blogger Holly said...

I LOVE Christmas whimsy as you can tell from my blog! Thanks for all your visual postings!!!

 
At Tuesday, August 18, 2009 , Blogger fourkidsmom said...

Congratulations on your anniversary. I love your porch and have been so inspired by all of the design you show here. Porches are my favorite places to be besides the beach.

 
At Tuesday, August 18, 2009 , Blogger karen said...

Your blog has been inspirational for me. I also love your beautiful home. It has a warm and cozy feel to it. As well your Tablescape is just delicious and one of my first blog stops each week.
Congrats on your anniversary!

 
At Tuesday, August 18, 2009 , Blogger Slice of Pie said...

Susan - You have opened a whole new network for me and I appreciate your encouragement as I set up my own blog. I've signed on as a follower ... because I'm on your site daily, anyway! Congrats on your anniversary and keep us motivated to set beautiful tables for another year!

Debbie

 
At Tuesday, August 18, 2009 , Blogger Elaine said...

I've heard so much about this book.....what a great giveaway offer. It was fun seeing your first post...loved all the porch quotes! I am a follower. :)
Elaine

 
At Tuesday, August 18, 2009 , Anonymous Andrea said...

CoNgRaTuLaTiOnS on your BIG Blogiversary! I LOVE checking in on your blog every day...thanks for taking the time to share your life with us!

Hugs~A

 
At Tuesday, August 18, 2009 , Anonymous Sharon R said...

Love your blog and read it quite often, but now I'm going to sign up to be a follower. Thanks for sharing your creativity.

 
At Tuesday, August 18, 2009 , Blogger Brittany said...

Happy Blogaversary! I look forward to seeing your beautiful posts in the coming year :) Oh, and I am definitely a follower! :)

 
At Tuesday, August 18, 2009 , Blogger Pam said...

Happy Blogaversary Susan! I am a follower too!

 
At Tuesday, August 18, 2009 , Blogger Kathleen said...

Happy Blogaversay, Susan!
Your followers are richer for the experience..Of course I am one.
Thank you for all the hosting you do!
Many more bloggy years!
Kathleen

 
At Tuesday, August 18, 2009 , Blogger Lylah Ledner said...

Mazel Tov...you've surely inspired so many women to turn their hearts homeward and love what's in front of them and become creative with all the little feminine touches.

it's wonderful!

blessings...lylah
la maison et le jardin

 
At Tuesday, August 18, 2009 , Blogger The Summer Kitchen Girls said...

Congratulations! Pat yourself on the back for a blog well done!
We are huge Nell Hill fans... who wouldn't be???
Looking forward to year #2!
Karla & Karrie

 
At Tuesday, August 18, 2009 , Blogger Unknown said...

Congratulations. Your blog answers many questions we all have about our home. Thanks for sharing and that book looks wonderful.

Charla

 
At Tuesday, August 18, 2009 , Blogger Unknown said...

Congratulations. Your blog answers many questions we all have about our home. Thanks for sharing and that book looks wonderful.

Charla

 
At Tuesday, August 18, 2009 , Blogger ss said...

Congratulations.........I have been here for nearly every post! I especially enjoy Tablescape Tuesday/Thursday. What a beautiful book........Thanks for the opportunity.

 
At Tuesday, August 18, 2009 , Blogger mary beth said...

Susan - I have been loving your blog and want to thank you so much for sharing your home and your great ideas with all of us! Thanks for all the giveaways...I have been to Nell Hill's in Atchison and it is Wonderful . Mary Carol and her hubby were there working away and she they are delightful people! Some day I hope to get up there for one of her home tours! The book looks great! Thanks again!

 
At Tuesday, August 18, 2009 , Blogger Christy said...

I love your blog! Happy Blogaversary! I'm a follower too. :)

 
At Tuesday, August 18, 2009 , Blogger Deb said...

I just came across your blog today and I absolutely love it. I'm going to be a daily reader now. Please enter me into the giveaway.

 
At Tuesday, August 18, 2009 , Blogger Sarah said...

Congratulations on your Blogiversary! I have enjoyed your blog for almost the duration! I have been a follower for months. Your blog is a joy to read! Looking forward to the next year of fun! :)

 
At Tuesday, August 18, 2009 , Blogger Dianne Different said...

What a great way to celebrate 1 year! I am a subscriber and a follower. Love your site. Dianne

 
At Tuesday, August 18, 2009 , Blogger Rue said...

Happy Blog Anniversary Susan! I can't believe how much has changed since the old days. I'm so glad you started blogging :)

big hugs,
rue

 
At Tuesday, August 18, 2009 , Blogger Beeutiful by Design said...

Congrats on your one year! Thank you for inspiring us to be better homemakers, decorators, bloggers and friends. Blessings in your next year of metamorphosis', tablescapes and much more!

 
At Tuesday, August 18, 2009 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary! I always love lurking and looking. :-)

 
At Tuesday, August 18, 2009 , Blogger Vicki said...

Congratulations on your 1 year anniversary! I've only been a follower for a short time but have enjoyed it enormously! Always find something charming and inspiring when I drop by each day!

Please be sure to count me twice in the giveaway for today...I love books of all kinds!

Just realized my one year blogoversary is coming up on September 1st...hmmm, I wonder what fun thing I can do?

 
At Tuesday, August 18, 2009 , Blogger busyascanbe said...

Happy Anniversary! I knew it would last your blog is wonderful! I love to stop by with my cup of tea!

 
At Tuesday, August 18, 2009 , Blogger ❀~Myrna~❀ said...

Congratulations!I'm a follower.
~Myrna

 
At Tuesday, August 18, 2009 , Blogger ReRe said...

I am a follower and I love your blog. Thanks for sharing with us. Here is to the next inspired year.

 
At Tuesday, August 18, 2009 , Blogger Georgia Girl said...

Loved all the quotes...I remember as a chilkd sitting on the porch in Americus ga with my grandmother and her friend and we would have a small bottle of coke, a glass one that is with a straw before going shopping...oh those were the days back in the sittings...swinging back and forth on the swing on the porch...

Please enter me in your drawing and I am a F/S.

 
At Tuesday, August 18, 2009 , Blogger Claudia said...

I am baccccck :)

Just crossing my fingers to win of course!

And yes I am a Follower and yes i have linked you to MY blog this week :)

Happy Celebration darlin!
TTFN~~Claudia ♥ ♥

 
At Tuesday, August 18, 2009 , Blogger brokenteepee said...

Thanks for such wonderful giveaways.
I am a follower and I subscribe to your feed.
kaiminani@gmail.com

 
At Tuesday, August 18, 2009 , Blogger Granna said...

Congratulations on your anniversary! I'm glad you started blogging and so glad to have found you!

 
At Tuesday, August 18, 2009 , Blogger lonetree72 said...

Congrats! I have followed you and subscribed to you and recommended your blog to so many of my friends. I love your eye for design!

 
At Tuesday, August 18, 2009 , Anonymous ~~Rhonda said...

Susan, I so enjoy your blog! Thanks for sharing and thanks for hosting such great giveaways. And I love Nell Hill! Combine her with Christmas and I'm in holiday heaven! ~~Rhonda

 
At Tuesday, August 18, 2009 , Blogger jninecostumes said...

I'm a follower, but don't think I ever read your first post. Thanks for plunging in and giving us all al forum to see what great things other people do.

 
At Tuesday, August 18, 2009 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, I'm so glad that you decided to follow along on your tablescaping. I have gotten so many new ideas from you and those who link to you.

 
At Tuesday, August 18, 2009 , Blogger bettyd_z7_va said...

Of course, I'm a F/S.
Of course, I'd love to have the book.
Of course, your's is the best Blog.
Of course, we all want your house and especially that porch.
Of course, "I" want ALL of your tablescapes!!!!!! LOL

How wonderful that you thought of Tablescapes on your very 1st Blog post! You have such a God-given talent of making BEAUTIFUL tables.

Happy Blogoversary !!!!!!

(((((Hugs,)))))
Betty

 
At Tuesday, August 18, 2009 , Blogger Sandra said...

Happy Anniversary to you! Happy Anniversary to you! Happy Anniversary dear Susan! Happy Anniversary to you! And many more!
I am a follower of yours and enjoy reading your blog!
Sandra

 
At Tuesday, August 18, 2009 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just found your blog and LOVE IT! I will be going back and reading through everything. Happy Anniversary. Rena

 
At Tuesday, August 18, 2009 , Blogger Maryrose said...

Hi Susan,
Happy blogoversary, I have enjoyed your blog for almost a year now and have enjoyed every post.

You have inspired me in more ways than one and I hope to enjoy your blog for years to come. I participate in your TT every chance I get and have found so many other fun and talented blogs and bloggers through yours.

Thanks for your every detail, it is perfection. F

~Maryrose~

 
At Tuesday, August 18, 2009 , Blogger Brenda Pruitt said...

Congrats, blogging friend and creator or our beloved Tablescape Thursday! My dogs get really bent out of shape if they see one little tear...
Brenda

 
At Tuesday, August 18, 2009 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Blogovesary Susan! Did I ever tell you that I got married (once) on August 18th? I've enjoyed spending the year with you on your blog so much more than that unfortunate decision :-) Not only am I a follower but also a FAN!!!!!! BTW, I'm getting ready to "use" the teddy bear. Tomorrow is the B I G day!
hugs~ Carol

 
At Tuesday, August 18, 2009 , Blogger Sallie said...

Susan,
WOW, it's the official day of your blog birthday and I for one want to thank you for a wonderful year of lovely tablescapes, stupendous metamorphosis Mondays and all of the other wonderful ways you share your life with us. I think you and Mary should collaborate on a book since both of your homes are showplaces yet so livable.

I raise my glass of sweet tea to toast you as I look forward to another wonderful year of blogs from you and your followers.

Sallie

 
At Tuesday, August 18, 2009 , Blogger Ginny said...

You've come a long way since the first entry!! Congratulations again! I love Nell Hill! Please enter this follower in your giveaway!!

 
At Tuesday, August 18, 2009 , Blogger Southern Fried Gal said...

Yay - happy day! Congrats on your first year! I'm glad I found you and hope to participate in your parties a little more this fall. I love Mary Carol Garrity, too! Hoping a bit selfishly that I win - ha!

F

 
At Tuesday, August 18, 2009 , Blogger The Country Nest said...

Happy Anniversary!! Susan I have been a follower for awhile and never am disappointed by your posts. I need to let you know I have bought more dishes since I found Tablescape Thursday. I have been truly inspired by you. Your home and porch are simply beautiful, warm and inviting.
Hugs,
Donna

 
At Tuesday, August 18, 2009 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so pleased and honoured to write from Canada, and to offer congratulations on your blogoversary! I have been reading, and thoroughly enjoying, your beautiful blog for about 3 months now. I am also a SUBSCRIBER! Thank you for the opportunity to win Mary Carol Garrity's new book. Christmas!...sigh ...I love Christmas! I first read about her in Victoria magazine. Even if I don't win, I have already 'won' because I have gotten to know a special person in you. Thank you! - Peggy
saskadaisy (at) yahoo (dot) ca

 
At Tuesday, August 18, 2009 , Blogger Grandma Elsie said...

Happy Anniversary .
I don't remember how I found you but I visit here often.I have gotten many good ideas for decorating from your pictures for my guests.
That book looks like some good reading. I am a reader.

 
At Tuesday, August 18, 2009 , Blogger Its So Very Cheri said...

Susan-
I am originally from Kansas and Mary Carol Garrity's shop is so cool.
Already a follower and clicked on the subscribe the other day.
Congrats on one year.

Cheri

 
At Tuesday, August 18, 2009 , Blogger Myrna said...

Wow! Only one year?! You've accomplished so much!! Congratulations Susan!
Blessings,
Myrna

 
At Tuesday, August 18, 2009 , Blogger Myrna said...

Wow! Only one year?! You've accomplished so much!! Congratulations Susan!
Blessings,
Myrna

 
At Tuesday, August 18, 2009 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congradulations! I started reading your blog a few months ago-and I love it! I love Nell Hill too, so the book would be great. Barbara barbaraboxell@yahoo.com

 
At Tuesday, August 18, 2009 , Blogger Michelle said...

Happy blogaversary! I enjoy your posts soooo much! I would love to be entered in your giveaway.
Thanks so much, Michelle

 
At Tuesday, August 18, 2009 , Anonymous Kay said...

I've only been following your blog for a couple of months, so it will be fun to go back and catch up on all the great stuff in between. Congratulations on your anniversary.

 
At Tuesday, August 18, 2009 , Blogger mustard seeds said...

Sign me up for the book. Yes, I love Mary Carol's books. Her Style at Home book lives on my cofee table. I am both a subscriber and follower. I also liked your porch pics today. Don't you just love a porch.

 
At Tuesday, August 18, 2009 , Blogger Allison said...

I want to win.

 
At Tuesday, August 18, 2009 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on your anniversary. I subscribe to your blog and I love your tablescape Thursdays. They have inspired me to set a beautiful table. I would love to have the opportunity to win the book. I love everything Christmas.
Niurka
bluesandcats@yahoo.com

 
At Tuesday, August 18, 2009 , Blogger Charo said...

Congratulations for your First Aniversary, you have a lot of pretty things. Thanks for sharing with us. I'm your Follower.
The book must be very interesting.
Congratulations again.!!!

 
At Tuesday, August 18, 2009 , Blogger sharonavinger said...

Oh, Susan, I really loved reading your first post again! How fun! Congratulations on your blog anniversary. I'd love to win the new Neil Hill book. I am a follower. Keep doing what you're doing!

 
At Tuesday, August 18, 2009 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Susan,
Congratulations on your one year anniversary!! I've been following for about 7 months, inspired and in awe of your creativity, impeccable taste and gracious spirit. After reading many of the comments thus far, it occurs to me you have had a profound impact on many for whom you have been mentor, friend and coach. Iknow there are many more like me who read regularly and do not comment. You are touching them a well. I look forward to all the future holds for BNOTP and any future endeavors you may pursue....With your talent for prose and elegant eye for the lens, I would encourage you to do your own book. I know there are many of us who would support you and love to purchase it!!

I am a follower and would love to add Nell Hill's latest book to my collection.

A HUGE thank you for all the joy you have brought to so many through BNOTP.

Debbie
djmcmullen@comcast.net

 
At Tuesday, August 18, 2009 , Blogger Melinda said...

Susan--

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!! YEA!!!!!

Melinda

 
At Tuesday, August 18, 2009 , Blogger Terri said...

Susan,
Your blog is absolutely one of my very favorites and I'm astonished that you've garnered so many followers (including me) in one year's time! I never come away disappointed......

CONGRATULATIONS, SUSAN!

 
At Tuesday, August 18, 2009 , Blogger Sandi (Meme) said...

Happy anniversary! Hope you enjoy your week of giving!

 
At Tuesday, August 18, 2009 , Blogger Bambi said...

Happy first anniversary,Susan. I'm so glad you took the plunge into blogging! And the book looks wonderful. Please sign me up!!
Bambi
gmabambi@hotmail.com

 
At Tuesday, August 18, 2009 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Susan,
Oh, How I enjoy your blogs. I'm going back for the older blogs and
all are wonderful. I am so anxious
to read each week. I really look
forward to each blog you do.
Thanks for sharing with us. Be sure to enter me in your drawings
I tryed to enter yesterday as well
but I'm not sure I did it right.
Grace

 
At Tuesday, August 18, 2009 , Blogger Cottage Rose said...

Hello Susan; HAPPY BLOGOVERSARY!!!!!
My how time flies.... I am so blessed to be a follower of your lovely blog.. I have enjoyed stopping by and seeing your beautiful home and reading you very entertaining post's. You have given me such inspiration, and not to mention the sweet comments you leave me..... I just loved reading your very first post.. love all the porches... So here's to you Dear Friend, enjoy your day!

Hugs;
Alaura

 
At Tuesday, August 18, 2009 , Blogger Patsy said...

Happy blogaversary!!! Love your blog and your posts. They are very heart warming. Have a blessed evening!!

 
At Tuesday, August 18, 2009 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your 1st blog anniversary at BNOTP. I stumbled onto your site when searching for Easter table scape ideas. I come back again and again enjoying all your crisp pictures and fun ideas. Just think of all the happiness you've shared with others. Thanks so much!

Please enter me into your daily give away...

Kay
txkottage@aol.com

 
At Tuesday, August 18, 2009 , Blogger Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

Happy Anniversary Susan,
I am follower and have been for quite awhile, back to RMS days. Love all your wonderful posts! Congrats again, Cindy

 
At Tuesday, August 18, 2009 , Blogger Crystal Rose Cottage said...

Susan....You have a wonderful inspiring blog! Happy "Blogaversary"!~Patti

 
At Tuesday, August 18, 2009 , Blogger my2twins said...

Susan, I've been following your blog for a while now after falling in love with your porch. I did order a sign for my porch just like yours. Love,love your blog and tonight I finally registered as a follower. Keep up the great blogging.

 
At Tuesday, August 18, 2009 , Blogger Sonia said...

Susan,
Congrats on your first anniversay..you are such an inspiration to me and I have learned so many helpful hints from your beautiful blog...here's to many more years! Happy Blogoversay! Miss Bloomers

 
At Tuesday, August 18, 2009 , Blogger cheryl said...

I am new to blogland, in fact I found your blog when I was looking the net for painted kitchen cabinets. I just love your blog, photos, and "parties". Thanks for all the great decorating ideas. I have all of Mary Carol's books and just love them all and I am sure her next one will be lovely as well.Congrats to you for your one year anniversary
Cheryl

 
At Tuesday, August 18, 2009 , Blogger mindylholcomb said...

Congrats! I love your blog :) I am a f and s!!

 
At Tuesday, August 18, 2009 , Blogger Julie said...

Congratulations on your anniversary!Thank you for all the happiness you've shared with us.
Your blog is absolutely one of my favorites. I am a follower, and a fan!!!

 
At Tuesday, August 18, 2009 , Blogger The Tablescaper said...

Oh Susan, I'm so happy for you! What a year it has been. It's only a little over 2 months for me, but I'm sooo glad I found you. I love your blog - of course I'm a follower - I love popping in for inspriration. Congratulations!!!

 
At Tuesday, August 18, 2009 , Anonymous Leslie said...

Congratulations on your 1st anniversary. I was immediately drawn to your blog from your very first post--the front porch. I grew up in an old farmhouse with a big front porch and an old swing. We lived on the front porch in the summers. I also love your decorating style and I am crazy about dishes, too and have a lot of them, thanks to my Mom. Wishing you a lot more anniversaries.

Leslie

 
At Tuesday, August 18, 2009 , Blogger Kate Kubler said...

HAPPY BLOGAVERSARY!!!! Thats big accomplishment! You should really celebrate by giving me that book:) wink wink! Enjoy this day...or the rest of it!

 
At Wednesday, August 19, 2009 , Blogger Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

Susan, I cannot remember how I happened upon you, but I sure am glad I did! I LOVE your blog. I remember the frtst visit to your blog, I was in awe of your porch...and your charm. From that monet I became a long time follower. When I drop by and visit here at the porch, its like chatting with a good friend. Thank you! COngrats!

 
At Wednesday, August 19, 2009 , Blogger Brenda said...

Congratulations! Has it only been a year? I feel as if I've always been checking out the tablescapes for inspiration. Thanks for that.

Thanks for being SO inspirational!

Brenda

 
At Wednesday, August 19, 2009 , Blogger Summer Gypsy said...

Hi there!!! What an extravaganza!! I am following from the Heart of Dixie!!! Have a wonderful week!!! The festivities are just awesome!
:)Marilyn

 
At Wednesday, August 19, 2009 , Blogger Suzann said...

Happy Happy Happy Blogoversary Day.

I've been a follwer for forever!!!

 
At Wednesday, August 19, 2009 , Blogger Breathing In Grace said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At Wednesday, August 19, 2009 , Blogger Breathing In Grace said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At Wednesday, August 19, 2009 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Susan,
After reading the comments, I find myself at a loss for words to describe how fantastic your blog is!!! Happy Anniversary!!! My daughter recommended your blog to me and I love it. I tell all my friends if they need a smile on their faces then go to BNOTP. You are such an inspiration to all with the talents you share. Your gift for writing adds a special touch along with the gorgeous photography. I subscribe to your feed and have joined the others to follow you on Google. I feel so lucky to share in a tiny part of all that you so graciously share with us. Thank you!!!!!!

Hugs!!!! Katherine

 
At Wednesday, August 19, 2009 , Blogger julie & joe said...

Happy Anniversary! I'm a follower of your blog.

 
At Wednesday, August 19, 2009 , Blogger Jadehollow said...

Happy Anniversary Susan .. I'm so sorry I missed getting by yesterday.. but mean ole blogger and my new IE10 weren't getting along. I rememeber when I found your blog last year.. it was when I had just started mine in October. I fell in love with everything.. esp the porch. I called my Aunt Barbara who is not computer savy at all and told her to get online right then.. as soon as she got your page up, all I could hear was.."Oh My Side" "Ohhh Debbie" "Ohhh that's beautiful" .. and she was hooked also. All she could talk about for days was your blog lol She could click here, click there ,see this, see that .. but she couldn't figure out how to leave a message lol. I finally just got your email address off of here for her so she could send you a message.. which she did. Thank you so much for all the time and energy you put into your blog to entertain, inspire and awe us all here. It's very much appreciated. Here's to many more inspiring years ahead.
Hugs,
Debbie

 
At Wednesday, August 19, 2009 , Blogger Linda said...

Happy one year blogoversary Susan! Wishing you many many more days of blogging enjoyment! What did we all do before we discovered blogging!?!

I'd love to add the beautiful book to my Christmas book collection. Thank you for such a wonderful giveaway!

 
At Wednesday, August 19, 2009 , Blogger Debi said...

Happy Anniversary!

I adore your blog Susan....I stop by several time a week to see what wonderful, new creative ideas you have come up with and they are always such a lovely surprise.

Sincerely,

Debi

 
At Wednesday, August 19, 2009 , Anonymous Sue said...

Susan, Congrats on your 1st blogoversary.I just became a follower! Thanks for all your inspiration
Sue

 
At Wednesday, August 19, 2009 , Blogger Jillian's Bella Rosa Antiques said...

Oh wow! I have the fleamarket find Nell Hill's books on my coffee table. I love looking at it to get inspired. Please sign me up for this one!

And my cat also doesn't like to see tears! They are so sensitive.
:0)

 
At Wednesday, August 19, 2009 , Blogger Amber said...

congratulations on your anniversary! I've never left a comment before b/c I can never think of anything clever to say, but I always enjoy all the decorating ideas that can be found on your blog and those of your followers. Keep it up!

 
1 – 200 of 244 Newer› Newest»

Post a Comment

Have BNOTP delivered right to your feed reader or Inbox. Subscription links are located at the top right. Thanks so much for your comments. I love hearing your thoughts and ideas! I moderate comments so don't worry if your comment doesn't post immediately. BNOTP is a happy place, a drama-free zone. :) In that regard, comments that are snarky, mean-spirited or possibly hurtful to BNOTP's much-loved visitors, will not be posted. Thanks always for your comment. You are the very best part of Between Naps on the Porch!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home