This Page

has been moved to new address

Painting a Basket... Welcome to the 30th Metamorphosis Monday!
Between Naps on the Porch: Painting a Basket... Welcome to the 30th Metamorphosis Monday!

Between Naps on the Porch

Between Naps on the Porch is a lifestyle blog with an emphasis on Decorating, Tablescaping, Before and Afters, Thrify Finds, and Gardening.

Aug 9, 2009

Painting a Basket... Welcome to the 30th Metamorphosis Monday!

Happy Met Monday! Can't wait to see all the great Before and Afters you've been working on!

I have an exciting bit of news to share...did you know that on August 18th, Between Naps on the Porch will be celebrating it's 1 year Blogoversary?! Not sure if you've noticed the little count-down Blogoversary clock that's been posted on my side bar for the past month...but it tells me there are only 9 days left to the official day!

To show my appreciation for your wonderful support and visits during this past year, BNOTP will be hosting a new give-a-way each day, during Blogoversary Week (Monday thru Friday) August 17th through August 21st. Met Monday and Tablescape Thursday will go on as always...the Give-a-Way will be an addition! :-) This Give-a-Way is really all about my appreciation for you, the loyal readers of BNOTP. To enter the Give-a-Way each day during BNOTP's Blogoversary Week, just leave a comment on that day's post. Since there will be a new Give-a-Way every day that week, be sure to stop by and enter each day.

I'd especially like to show my appreciation to those who are "Followers" of BNOTP, so if you are a Follower, be sure to mention that in your comment and your name will be entered twice for that day's drawing. If you also subscribe to the BNOTP feed, mention that, too, for a third entry into that day's Give-a-Way. Remember, there will be a different drawing each day, so lots of opportunities to win. And just to get you a little excited about Blogoversary Week...here's one of the items that will be part of our Give-a-Way! :-)


I know if you're a serious Mary Carol Garrity/Nell Hill fan like I am, you are scratching your head wondering where in the world this book came from. Do you have every book she has ever written? Well, I know you don't have this one. :-) Why, because it hasn't been released yet!

Nell Hill's, O Christmas Tree, is set to be released August 18th, the day BNOTP will officially become 1 year old. I've ordered two copies, one for moi and one for a lucky reader of BNOTP. :-) As soon as the copies arrive here at my home, I'll be sending one right out in the mail to the winner for that day's drawing.

I'm especially excited about this book because it's my favorite kind...the kind where the author takes you inside her own home, and at Christmas time, no less!!! Yipee! :-) Amazon says, Mary Carol will be "inviting you into her own 130-year-old Greek Revival home decked out in the season's liveliest shades of evergreen, pine cone, and holly." Can you hear me squealing from there? Ok, calm down, Susan...it's gonna be alright. Whew! Ok, I'm better now. :-) Does anyone else get as excited as I do about the release of a new book by a favorite author?

So get yourself back over here to the porch the week of August 17th and join in the Give-a-Way of the day...it promises to be a fun week! :-)

For this Metamorphosis Monday, I have a wee Mini-Met to share today...nothing especially awe inspiring...just a little redo I recently completed. I've had this heart-shaped basket stored down in my basement for quite a few years, now. The color, which is sort of a Williamsburg blue, just didn't work well in any of the rooms in my home.


I ended up sticking it in the garage sale I had a few months back. Apparently no one else liked the color either, because it didn't sell.


So, all you creative ladies out there who are always painting...got me to thinking. Ummm, where might I use this basket if it were repainted? I think I know just the spot. I pulled out the left over green paint I had used to paint this hutch...


...you know, the one that lives out here on the porch. Ok, that was a big hint...where do you think the little heart-shaped basket wound up? :-)


It's just the nicest shade of green now and it patiently awaits the decorating and birding magazines that will surely come. :-)


Looking forward to seeing your "Before and Afters" for this Met Monday!



If you are participating in Metamorphosis Monday, please be sure to add your permalink below, and not your general blog address. If you aren't sure how to obtain your permalink or have any questions about using Mr. Linky for this post, just click HERE for detailed instructions.

Don't forget to copy and paste the Met Monday logo button to your computer so you can add it to your side bar and your Met Monday post. That way visitors will know that your are participating in Metamorphosis Monday.

Please be sure to link back to the host blog, Between Naps on the Porch, so your fellow bloggers who are participating today, will get lots of visits, as well.

Please do not add your link below until your Met Monday post is actually published to your blog.

The following blogs are participating in this Metamorphosis Monday:


Labels: ,

113 Comments:

At Sunday, August 09, 2009 , Blogger Signing Out said...

Congratulations on your 1 year blogoversary! Darn, I'm going to be away that week and don't think I'll have Internet access. I'll just have to take my laptop and find a library that has wireless Internet.

The basket looks great painted green!

Jane

 
At Sunday, August 09, 2009 , Blogger JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

This is my first time with Met Monday - I have followed all the weeks before - just never entered for myself.

I love the idea of that book for a giveaway - such fun to visit other people's houses.

I'm a follower ( just signed up again - I was a follower before and somehow got deleted) and I have you on my feed - so I never miss a Monday. Thanks again for such interesting blogs to follow - and I just love that heart shaped basket.

 
At Sunday, August 09, 2009 , Anonymous Maya@A Beach Lovers Place said...

I love your heart shaped basket! And I'm amazed about what you have accomplished with this blog in just one year. I'll be checking in. Thanks again for this event, Susan.

 
At Sunday, August 09, 2009 , Blogger Linda Merrill said...

Congrats on your upcoming blogiversary!

 
At Sunday, August 09, 2009 , Blogger Michelle said...

I just love the wing on your porch. And am seriously considering adding a screened porch just so I can have one too!

I'd love to be in your drawing. I am not only in your Google Friend connect I also follow your feed.

 
At Sunday, August 09, 2009 , Blogger Beeutiful by Design said...

Congratulations on your one year blogging! You have a wonderful blog. Your tablescape next week should be a Bday party! Jennifer PS Love the Basket looks brand new.

 
At Sunday, August 09, 2009 , Blogger Twila Bird said...

Another fun Monday! I actually had time to do something fresh this week! Thanks for hosting!

 
At Sunday, August 09, 2009 , Blogger Lynne (lynnesgiftsfromtheheart) said...

wow... A year already? Congratulations!!!! Susan where has this year gone to? It has certainly flown by hasn't it? I love the new look the basket took on. Isn't it great to recycle something we can't use into something we can??? I saw the book the other day on Amazon and "almost" reserved a copy, however I was a good girl and didn't. I'm hoping to get over to her shop and pick one up and have it signed. We'll see how things go around here. Thanks for hosting this event..hugs ~lynne~

 
At Sunday, August 09, 2009 , Blogger Denise said...

How exciting that your blogiversary is coming up. I've only just found your blog in the past week but I'm so glad I have.
I'll be sure to stop by this week, I have to confess, I've never heard of Mary Carol Garrity! (I'm off to search Amazon now), but I love anything Christmasy and just the cover of this book has me excited :-)
Hugs
Denise

 
At Sunday, August 09, 2009 , Blogger Shari @ My Cottage of Bliss said...

Congratulations on your 1 year anniversary! What a wonderful, inspirational year it has been too. Love the little basket. It looks like its destiny was to reside on your beautiful porch because it looks right at home there.

And thanks, as always, for the opportunity to participate in MM. :)

 
At Sunday, August 09, 2009 , Blogger From the Old InkWell said...

Well, that basket is adorable green and in a perfect spot. How dare you think of selling it in a garage sale???? :)

 
At Sunday, August 09, 2009 , Blogger Barb said...

Hi Susan, your heart shaped basket is lovely....I love that color.

Your blog and YOU are awesome!!!!!
So inspiring, you are!

Barb :-)

 
At Sunday, August 09, 2009 , Blogger Linda (Nina's Nest) said...

Susan, I have the very same heart shaped basket - now painted black. I like how yours turned out! Linda

 
At Sunday, August 09, 2009 , Blogger Sharlotte said...

Congratulations Susan! You have done so many wonderful things and given so much joy to so many in this one year as a blogger. I'm a newbie to all this ~ you have greatly inspired me!

I like your "new" little basket. Isn't it fun to give life to something that was once on the discard pile? And look at the new life you've given this sweet little basket! It looks perfect where you've placed it ~ it has found a loving home!

 
At Sunday, August 09, 2009 , Blogger Glenda/MidSouth said...

Congratulations on your 1 year anniversary! Like your redo on the basket.

 
At Sunday, August 09, 2009 , Blogger 9405018--Pat said...

Hi Susan, congratulations on your 1 year blogaversary! I can't believe it's been a year, where has the time gone? Love the green basket. Susan, did you know that Mary Carol, now has a shop online. Nell.Hill's.online...thanks Pat H

 
At Sunday, August 09, 2009 , Anonymous Pat@Back Porch Musings said...

I do indeed have every single one of Mary Carol's books. I have had the extreme pleasure of shopping Nell Hill's Briarcliff and Nell Hill's Atchison, more than once. I've toured the Garrity home a time or three, at Christmas and Spring and met MCG. She is a delight! I would say,I am a fan.;-)

I was hoping to go for the Fall open house and book signing, not sure if I will get there. A bonus, our daughter is moving out to KC, so that means we'll be making trips out that way, more often. It's only a short three hour drive from our home, now, but with K out that way, it will double the pleasure.

Can't wait to add Mary Carol's new book to my collection.

 
At Sunday, August 09, 2009 , Blogger Susan (Between Naps On The Porch.net) said...

Pat, I didn't know that...oh, no...I'm in trouble now! :-) Thanks for letting me know!

 
At Sunday, August 09, 2009 , Blogger DesignTies said...

I love your porch -- it's so fresh and pretty :-) And the green cabinet is perfect for it!!

Great way to reinvent your blue basket. It's amazing what a difference coat of paint can make :-)

Kelly @ DesignTies

 
At Sunday, August 09, 2009 , Anonymous Joan@anythinsggoeshere said...

Thank you for hosting this neat blog hop. I am really having computer frustrations so I hope I am linked. I did a little blog link section for the Monday's blog hops.

 
At Sunday, August 09, 2009 , Blogger TidyMom said...

Do you know I just remembered that TODAY is my 1 year blogoversary?! and I was so busy I forgot to plan some fun!!

I used to have a basket VERY similar to yours - now I wish I still had it! - it looks DARLING where you've placed it!♥

~TidyMom

 
At Sunday, August 09, 2009 , Blogger BrittanyMarie said...

Congrats on 1 year! The basket looks great! Good job!

 
At Sunday, August 09, 2009 , Blogger Terry said...

You have the most beautiful home! I never get tired of peaking inside! Thank you for continuing to host Metamorphis Monday!

 
At Sunday, August 09, 2009 , Blogger Michelle @ Sweet Something Design said...

Hi Susan! I'm not participating in MM, but I just wanted to comment on Mary Carol's new book. I was in her store a few weeks ago and heard of the book-signing/ball that she's having! I hope to be attending with my boss! :)
We went to Mary Carol's home during her Spring/Summer open house and it is really amazing! If you have ever met her in person then you know what an amazing person she is! What an inspiration!
Michelle

 
At Sunday, August 09, 2009 , Blogger Michelle @ Sweet Something Design said...

Sorry Susan! I forgot to mention how cute you basket turned out! How rude of me!! :)
Happy MM!

 
At Sunday, August 09, 2009 , Blogger Anny said...

I'm so glad no one bought it! It looks great there :D

 
At Sunday, August 09, 2009 , Blogger Caroline said...

Congrat Susan on your blogiversary. I've never heard of that book before..may have to check that out. I love your porch its beautiful and the green basket fits in perfectly!

 
At Sunday, August 09, 2009 , Blogger Unknown said...

I love your porch.... so cozy. The new basket is great.

 
At Sunday, August 09, 2009 , Blogger Salmagundi said...

I just checked to see if the Nell Hill book had been released yet; then the lst blog I opened was yours - I just know I must have this book. Loved your mini-met. Sally

 
At Sunday, August 09, 2009 , Blogger Michelle said...

I bet you're glad that basket didn't sell in your garage sale. It looks perfect in it's new spot!

Congrats on a year! One of these days, I'm going to go back through your archives to read some of the posts I've missed.

 
At Sunday, August 09, 2009 , Blogger Tammy said...

Susan, I soooo love Met monday. Thanks for hosting it each week. Though I try to hook up and post something each week I sometimes fall short - but never forget to look at all of the entries.

tammy

 
At Sunday, August 09, 2009 , Blogger The Gathering Place said...

I just recently discovered your blog and I love it, especially all the party settings on your beautiful porch. Please enter me in your drawing.
Thanks,
JoAnn

 
At Sunday, August 09, 2009 , Blogger Blue Creek Home said...

Your beautiful blog has the appearance of a much older, wiser blog! I was shocked when I read you were only 1! Congratulations.

 
At Sunday, August 09, 2009 , Blogger Martha said...

Congratulations on your one year anniversary -- mine sort of came and went and I actually forgot about it.

Little mets are fine -- love the new magazine basket -- amazing what a bit of paint can do!

 
At Sunday, August 09, 2009 , Blogger WhisperWood Cottage said...

Happy 1 year! Your blog is so fun, organized, and professional! Love it!

Amy

 
At Sunday, August 09, 2009 , Blogger KD said...

Amazing what a little paint can do! I love Nell Hill. I first discovered her and her books years ago while attending my first Southern Living party. There was nothing there I really wanted to buy but in the catalog there were books listed for sale in the back and I chose hers. I have been hooked ever since! Can't wait for the give away!!! You found the perfect spot for your basket!

 
At Sunday, August 09, 2009 , Blogger Suzanne in TX said...

One Year Congrats! Your little basket looks perfect in its new residence. Thanks again for being such a gracious hostess for MM!

 
At Sunday, August 09, 2009 , Anonymous Beverly said...

The basket looks great, Susan. I love that color green.

Wow! It has been a year! Congratulations.

 
At Sunday, August 09, 2009 , Blogger Cathy~Mille Fleur said...

Darling basket!!!I love it so much more in green!!! It is perfect on your gorgeous porch!!!

I can't wait for the giveaway!!!

Happy Met Monday!!!
XOXO
Cathy

 
At Sunday, August 09, 2009 , Blogger Sarah said...

Susan, how wonderful to be celebrating an entire year. Congratulations! I too have all of Nell Hill's books. I had planned to attend her open house in June, but in the end decided the travel expense was just too much.
Someday I hope to make the trip to experience her shops first hand and visit her beautiful home.
Thanks for having the give away. You bet I'm a follower!

 
At Sunday, August 09, 2009 , Blogger KBeau said...

Looks like I will be having my one-year anniversary exactly one week after yours. I've been thinking about what I can give away that week, and I believe I've come up with an idea. I'll be doing good to give away one thing.

Anyway, Happy Upcoming Anniversary.

Oh, and I love having magazines on my porch, but they do tend to get damp and moldy. LOL!

 
At Sunday, August 09, 2009 , Blogger Sewconsult said...

I just found your site this past week. I have spent so many hours going from post to post. It is all inspiring. I need to be inspired!!! We're getting closer to adding a sunroom/porch onto our house, so I am gathering wonderful ideas from yours.
Beckie in Brentwood, TN

 
At Sunday, August 09, 2009 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I was recovering from my rattlesnake bite last month I went to my local (very small) library and had them do an interstate search for all the Nell Hill books after a blogging friend suggested her books to me. In CO there is a state wide library loaning system which is fantastic for those of us who live in tiny towns! I cannot afford to buy them (wish I could they are packed full of sooooo much inspiration!!) but what a wonderful way to recover while studying each page after wonderful page of glorious decorating!!!

Always so enjoy looking at all the blogger's Met Monday entries!! Thanks for being such a great hostess! And congratulations on 1 year of blogging!

blessings
mary

 
At Sunday, August 09, 2009 , Blogger Gwen said...

How exciting to be coming up on one year!

Your basket is the perfect color right next to the white wicker. It is like a special surprise tucked in there.

Thanks again for hosting Met Monday. I get so many great ideas from everyone and get so excited when getting ready to post my own!

 
At Sunday, August 09, 2009 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your porch always enthralls me! It is absolutely gorgeous! Would be one of my favoritest places in the world to sit and read those decorating magazines!

Grins!
Pamm

 
At Sunday, August 09, 2009 , Blogger Bill said...

Hi Susan,
What you've accomplished in one short year is nothing short of amazing! As I've told you before, I had never even considered having a blog until I visited BNOP. You do everything so beautifully in a way that seems accessible (and always so much FUN!). You inspire me. Thank you.

Bill
P.S. Great makeover on the basket, and it looks perfect where you decided it will live ... we expected nothing less!

 
At Sunday, August 09, 2009 , Anonymous Donna said...

Susan,
Happy 1 year anniversary! I wish I could take a nap on your backporch! I love the heart basket! You can never have too many hearts!
I do not have any of Mary Carol Garrity books. I definitely will begin my search!
Thanks,
Donna in Alabama

 
At Sunday, August 09, 2009 , Blogger Unknown said...

Small transformation, darling result, Susan! A perfect magazine holder. Can't believe no one bought it.

I've noticed your countdown. I cannot wait for the for your giveaway! I'm a Garrity fan! I'll be here with fingers crossed! ha!

Tina

 
At Sunday, August 09, 2009 , Blogger Trish @TheOldPostRoad said...

I love to go in Nell Hill's! I am a Garrity fan!

This is my first M-Monday!

 
At Sunday, August 09, 2009 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, Susan! Oh, makeovers don't have to be big ones to be inspiring! This is a great little makeover! The basket is cute and looks great in green. Oh, I'm thrilled about your giveaway!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia :)

 
At Sunday, August 09, 2009 , Blogger santamaker said...

Congrats, Ms. BNOTP!!!!! You are the most dedicated hostess in the bloggosphere, girl!
I have enjoyed the journey along with you and without you, probably would have dropped out months ago. Thanks for the inspiration and for being such a wonderful role model, for us to learn from.
You have a way with making everything look just perfect! :O)

 
At Sunday, August 09, 2009 , Blogger Jenny @ Words on Wendhurst said...

Can't wait for giveaway week next week! Congrats on the blogiversary!

Jenny
www.wordsonwendhurst.blogspot.com

 
At Sunday, August 09, 2009 , Anonymous Pam @ This Humble House said...

Your sunroom is what my sunroom wants to be when it grows up! I have clipped a photo of that hutch before to show my hubby what I wanted for our sunroom and I since forgot where the photo came from! I just love it!

 
At Sunday, August 09, 2009 , Blogger Pearl Maple said...

Am really enjoying Metamorphosis Mondays, so much to learn about looking at things in a new light, colour or purpose. And loving the books you have been posting recently.

 
At Sunday, August 09, 2009 , Blogger Connie said...

Love your new basket ! Also, congrat's on your one year blog. You did a great job!

 
At Sunday, August 09, 2009 , Blogger Unknown said...

Congratulations on your 1 year anniversary.

 
At Sunday, August 09, 2009 , Blogger Dorothy said...

Susan, your creativity has no off switch. The basket is charming; the color is delightful. Perfect as usual!

Dorothy

 
At Sunday, August 09, 2009 , Blogger Charlene said...

I sooooooooooo love the basket GREEN! And so glad you are also a magazine/book addict like me! I am also very pumped about the chance to win the Nell Hill's Christmas book!!!! Ever since I did the post on the store using my friends photos I was hooked. Happy Annv a little early!!!! LOVE YOUR BLOG!!!! But, you already knew that!

 
At Sunday, August 09, 2009 , Blogger Ashley @ AshleysBusy said...

Girl, every time I see your porch, I'm amazed! It's so cute, and totally a place where I'd love to hang out. You rock.

If you have the time, please check out my blog and enter my giveaway!

 
At Sunday, August 09, 2009 , Blogger Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

Hey girl do I get 3 chances for being one of your very first followers ha ha!! WOW!! can't believe its been a year already Susan...like they say time flies...Love your Mini-met you did...now aren't you glad no one bought it at your sale....May you have a great day my friend...Hugs and smiles Gl♥ria

 
At Sunday, August 09, 2009 , Blogger ImagineCozy said...

I have been following your blog for sometime and have just joined MM this week and last week. It has been so fun. I love all of the before and afters, I have to say they are my favorite!

Thank you for such beautiful photos and inspiration.
-Angela

 
At Sunday, August 09, 2009 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh I just love your porch & that basket went in a great spot love the color! I have a post up from last week showing a bit of progress on my craft room, but will post a better one of more progress next week! I love this morphing!

Have a blessed week,

Linda

 
At Sunday, August 09, 2009 , Blogger Fifi Flowers said...

Almost a year... it sure goes FAST... Congrats... you've done a FAB job!
ENJOY your week!
Fifi

 
At Sunday, August 09, 2009 , Blogger Envoy-ette said...

Oh...there it is! That green paint just made all the difference! Congrats on your one year anniversary! My...I'm competing with 1100 other followers! If I win, I will feel special indeed!
Your fame is well deserved!

 
At Sunday, August 09, 2009 , Blogger Skaggs Family said...

Susan, what a difference a fresh coat of paint can do! Your porch is beautiful!!! This is my first met monday and it was really fun! My mom (Really Rainey) got me hooked on blogging!!! Can't wait for next week, I'm showing my son's nursery! :o)

 
At Sunday, August 09, 2009 , Anonymous pk @ room remix said...

Happy Blogoversary! The basket looks great in green. Love what a little paint can do...

 
At Monday, August 10, 2009 , Blogger The Tablescaper said...

Congratulations on your anniversary! That's very exciting. I'm also excited about Mary Carol's new book - also having all of her other ones. I just wish I was closer so I could visit one of her shops! I'm one of your Followers and happy to be one. Please enter me in your giveaway - or I'll be buying one myself!
-The Tablescaper

 
At Monday, August 10, 2009 , Blogger Shannan Martin said...

Happy Anniversary! Thanks for making this world a little brighter, one project at a time. :)

 
At Monday, August 10, 2009 , Blogger Rechelle ~Walnuthaven Cottage~ said...

Very nice indeed!

 
At Monday, August 10, 2009 , Blogger Four Paws and Co said...

Congrats on your blog-iversary Susan! Loved the basket re-do - I have a couple that I haven't donated yet - maybe I should just paint them!

The book looks divine! ☺ Diane

 
At Monday, August 10, 2009 , Blogger The Blushing Hostess said...

Very sweet idea!

 
At Monday, August 10, 2009 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

congratulations! I love your blog and get so much inspiration from you and others! Thanks

 
At Monday, August 10, 2009 , Blogger Tress said...

Congratulations on your one year anniversary. Please enter me in the giveaway-I also am a follower. Love what you did to the basket!
tress

 
At Monday, August 10, 2009 , Blogger Julie said...

This is my first time with Met Monday.Congratulations on your 1 year blogoversary! I love your blog and get so much inspiration from all that you do. Please enter me in your giveaway. Come check out my new project!!Have a great week all...

 
At Monday, August 10, 2009 , Blogger The Summer Kitchen Girls said...

Happy, happy anniversary to you....
You just have one of the best blogs out there - such wonderful eye candy to look at...we'd put you right up there with Miss Mary Carol ya know!!
We'd love to be entered, by the way (we are followers too!!)
Enjoy your Monday!

 
At Monday, August 10, 2009 , Blogger Crystal Rose Cottage said...

Congratulations on your anniversary! You always have such interesting stories and beautiful photography....I love your porch! I am a follower!
~Patti

 
At Monday, August 10, 2009 , Blogger Decor To Adore said...

Oh I just adore Mary Carol Garrity!

I own about 4 of her books and her store is on my list of places I would like to visit.

Love your green basket!

 
At Monday, August 10, 2009 , Blogger Tricia said...

Happy Anniversary Susan and great color on the basket- I'm sure it's much happier on your pretty porch! Thanks for hosting for us.

 
At Monday, August 10, 2009 , Blogger Melinda said...

Great makeover! Love the paint
color. Your porch is beautiful too!
I'll be back!!
Melinda

 
At Monday, August 10, 2009 , Blogger Julie said...

Susan,
I always enjoy going through Met. Monday. It is fun. Thanks. I love the HEART shape of the basket. That was such a good idea!!

 
At Monday, August 10, 2009 , Blogger Krys said...

This is my first time doing Met Monday :) Thanks for this opportunity! I hope I did it right, still need to add the button though..

Happy Anniversary (Blogoversary?) too!

 
At Monday, August 10, 2009 , Blogger xinex said...

I can't believe it's been a year, Susan! Time flies when you are having fun and I am having fun following and participating both MM and TT! You truly inspire me! Love that heart basket and perfect place for it!....Christine

 
At Monday, August 10, 2009 , Blogger Cass @ That Old House said...

I am completely blown away by the fact that you have only been blogging for a year! What you have accomplished is amazing. Congrats!

And I count myself as a happy follower, along with a zillion others. :-)

Love the basket --it looks very happy where it is! And I think it's glad it didn't sell at the yard sale, and stayed home to get a new look. Cute!
Cass

 
At Monday, August 10, 2009 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, you started it all for me too. I have your button on my site as my decorating mentor. I may not always be up to the task of contributing, but you know that you have inspired me in so many ways. I love the painted basket. It reminds me instead of throwing things away, to look at them in a new light. It is sure going to hold a lot of good magazines isn't it?. There is nothing like a good read in a beautiful setting...
XOSue

 
At Monday, August 10, 2009 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

It turned out so cute! Looks just perfect out there, and I bet you're really glad that it didn't sell.

 
At Monday, August 10, 2009 , Blogger blushing rose said...

Everything is so lovely, the basket turned out really nice. Have a beautiful anniversary. TTFN ~Marydon

 
At Monday, August 10, 2009 , Blogger Carla said...

Congrats on your upcoming anniversary! I love your decorating style. I've always wanted to participate in Met Monday but never felt creative enough. Today's a first for me.

 
At Monday, August 10, 2009 , Blogger Terri Steffes said...

Good golly! What a fabulous book! I love your blog and can hardly believe it has only been a year! I have a lifetime of ideas from you!

 
At Monday, August 10, 2009 , Blogger BrushedByAnAngel said...

Congrats on your anniversary. Love the little basket and it looks great on your beautiful porch. Sure wish I had a porch - maybe one day.

 
At Monday, August 10, 2009 , Blogger Jo said...

Cute basket, I love the new colour! Congratulations on 1-year!

 
At Monday, August 10, 2009 , Anonymous Kathy said...

Congratulations. Love your blog and wish you many more wonderful posts.

 
At Monday, August 10, 2009 , Blogger One Shabby Old House said...

I have always loved that picture of your swing and all the wicker on your porch. I love the addition of your heart basket.
Congratulations on your anniversary.
You certainly have made it a fun year for so many of us bloggers.
Hugs
Becky

 
At Monday, August 10, 2009 , Blogger Jan said...

Susan, Happy Anniversary. Well, I finally muster the courage to participate on your Met Monday! I just enjoy so much checking everyone's Met Monday's post.

Blessings,
Jan

 
At Monday, August 10, 2009 , Blogger joyh82 said...

Love the basket and the color you chose. The hutch is beautiful too.

 
At Monday, August 10, 2009 , Blogger Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

Count me in! I would love to squeal with delight too. I'm a follower and I just want to wish you a very happy blog anniversary - we're all richer for all that you graciously share! Here's to many more.

 
At Monday, August 10, 2009 , Blogger Kathleen said...

That's a perfect spot for magazines! I never met a big basket I didn't like. So many uses for them..and you can always put it in the next garage sale if you want to !
What a wonderful gift you are giving for you blogaversay. I love her things. I only have Entertaining in Style from her..I have a few Carolyn Roehm.. she is good too.

 
At Monday, August 10, 2009 , Blogger Unknown said...

Congrats on your blog-aversary! I love the basket!
Paula - Mise en scène

 
At Monday, August 10, 2009 , Blogger Pinky said...

I am a little embarrassed to say I don't have any of this womans books!!!1 BUT, it sounds SO wonderful I will be hoping and wishing to be a winner!!!!!!!!!! It would be a WONDERFUL b-day present (hint, hint):):)I will be back that week to comment away! CONGRATS on a YEAR!!!! YOu never disappoint any of us, your blog is wonderful! Thanks for all you share. I love your "new" basket. AND.....may I ask about that beautiful tray that is on your coffee table in front of the swing in the last pic???? It is SOOOO adorable! I love it, it caught my eye! Hugs, Pinky

 
At Monday, August 10, 2009 , Blogger Susan (Between Naps On The Porch.net) said...

Hi Pinky...found that little tray with the bunny and nest at Marshalls...quite a while back. It was very reasonable...couldn't resist. The little handles are running bunnies. :-)
Susan

 
At Monday, August 10, 2009 , Blogger Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

Susan, it's hard to believe it's been a year. Time flies when you're having fun. What a great give away idea! I love Mary Carol Garrity, and aren't you smart to pre-order it. I always love seeing photos of your porch. Just looking at it relaxes me. laurie

 
At Tuesday, August 11, 2009 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I collect heart things and love what you did to the basket. I have never seen a heart basket.

When the kids were growing up it was time to buy a pet. We found one that was free to good home and I was sick at the time so my Mom and hubby went to pick her up. She was yellow with a white heart on her head. We named her Mandy and she was with us for almost 17 years.

Willow

 
At Tuesday, August 11, 2009 , Blogger Sue said...

You have accomplished so much in a year's time, Susan. You've served as inspiration to many in the way you present yourself, your home, and your ideas. I count myself lucky to have discovered, followed, and subscribed to your blog. Sue

 
At Tuesday, August 11, 2009 , Blogger Designs on 47th Street said...

Hi Susan, Let me add my good wishes for your upcoming one year anniverary. You are such an inspiration to so many of us. No wonder your blog is so extremely popular! We love you, girl!

Well isn't that little basket completely updated now? It fits in so nicely with the other decor out on the porch. Anything in that shade of green is a great look in my opinion. If you had painted it green and tried to sell it, you could have probably sold three of them! lol!

Donna

 
At Tuesday, August 11, 2009 , Blogger Chari at Happy To Design said...

Mornin' Girlfriend...

I love your little heart wicker basket...it looks so sweet out that fabulous porch of yours! It looks like it just "belongs" there! Don't you just love spray paint...hehe! Thank you Susan, for hosting Met Monday...sure do appreciate you and all of your efforts to bring this fun Monday event to us!

Darlin'...Happy 1 yr. blogging Anniversary!!! Congratulations!!! Wow...what a journey, huh? You and your blog have been such a delight...such a blessing...and so inspirational!!! Congratulations on your sweet success and may you have many, many more anniversaries!!!

This month also marks my 1 yr. blogging anniversary...I think my first blog post was one week before yours! Hehe! I also have a birthday coming up...I hope to do a double giveaway to celebrate both! Ohhhh...I would just adore Nell Hill's Christmas book...I just know it will be fabulous!!! Such a sweet gift!!!

Have a wonderfully sweet day, my friend!
Love ya,
Chari

 
At Tuesday, August 11, 2009 , Blogger Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Happy 1 year, Susan! Is that all it's been? You have done really well for your first year of blogging, congrats.


Would love to win the book! I have her other Christmas book & love it. I do subscribe on a reader to your blog too.

 
At Tuesday, August 11, 2009 , Blogger Brenda Pruitt said...

You do know that that porch of yours is just about my favorite place in the world in blogland. One of these days take us on a tour of your whole house.
Brenda

 
At Tuesday, August 11, 2009 , Blogger ~ ~ Ahrisha ~ ~ said...

That was fun, Thanks. I'm excited about your week of give-a-ways.
~ ~Ahrisha~ ~

 
At Tuesday, August 11, 2009 , Blogger Delaine Gabriel said...

I love your blog..and now I am one of your many loyal "followers"!! You have the BEST decorating sense of anyone!! Beautiful!!

 
At Tuesday, August 11, 2009 , Blogger Unknown said...

with 108 comments, this little comment will get lost in translation! If ever there would be a back porch that I would want to visit or have a cup of tea or glass of lemonade I would want to be on your porch! It is always picture perfect....congrats on your year blogging, I haven't even looked to see how close I am! I love to visit because it makes me feel so at home.

 
At Tuesday, August 11, 2009 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your anniversary of blogging Susan. Your blog is so beautiful and fun. It is astounding to me that you have only been blogging a year! Thanks again for hosting : D

 
At Tuesday, August 11, 2009 , Blogger Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

Hi Susan,
Congratulations! I remember finding you on RMS and just being awed by your lovely home and your fabulous decorating skills! Now that green basket is so darn cute and I think blogging gives us so many new and fresh ideas! Thanks for linking my post the other day, and I so hope I win that fabulous book! Hugs, Cindy

 
At Tuesday, August 11, 2009 , Blogger Linda said...

Congratulations Susan. I anxiously await met monday. I love your blog. Oh darn that teapot you have on your green cupboard, We just gave to the thrift store. Our sister has dementhia and we cleaned out her home. Rats, I wish I had given that house teapot another look over. Oh Well!!

 
At Monday, March 15, 2010 , Blogger Renée said...

You've created such a beautiful, creative blog. Congratulations on your 1 year anniversary. I'm so glad your wicker heart-shaped basket didn't sell. It's just lovely in your room.

 

Post a Comment

Have BNOTP delivered right to your feed reader or Inbox. Subscription links are located at the top right. Thanks so much for your comments. I love hearing your thoughts and ideas! I moderate comments so don't worry if your comment doesn't post immediately. BNOTP is a happy place, a drama-free zone. :) In that regard, comments that are snarky, mean-spirited or possibly hurtful to BNOTP's much-loved visitors, will not be posted. Thanks always for your comment. You are the very best part of Between Naps on the Porch!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home