This Page

has been moved to new address

Snowbirds
Between Naps on the Porch: Snowbirds

Between Naps on the Porch

Between Naps on the Porch is a lifestyle blog with an emphasis on Decorating, Tablescaping, Before and Afters, Thrify Finds, and Gardening.

Mar 2, 2010

Snowbirds

Hey Harry, I think you took a wrong turn back there in Albuquerque...


I think Earl is right, Harry...this ain't lookin' like Georgia to me!


Well, you and Frank should have been helping me with the navigation instead of texting and playing on your i-Phones.


Maybe that lady hanging out of the window with her camera, over there across the street, will tell us how to get to Georgia. :-)

36 Comments:

At Tuesday, March 02, 2010 , Blogger Jojo said...

What fun! An online dish tour! Can you believe this crazy weather? Just waiting for the hyacinths to appear.

 
At Tuesday, March 02, 2010 , Blogger Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Great post. I love using my dishes and yes I do hang them on the walls too. Gorgeous. Hugs, Marty

 
At Tuesday, March 02, 2010 , Blogger Pinky said...

OOOO, can't wait to go see it! Thanks!!!

 
At Tuesday, March 02, 2010 , Blogger Yellow Rose Arbor said...

Love those snow pictures, and the talking geese! Now I'm off to see the idea book!

Katherine

 
At Tuesday, March 02, 2010 , Blogger jninecostumes said...

I checked out the idea book. Love the bar already set for dinner. And the last picture with all the platters/plates on the wall. Lovely

 
At Wednesday, March 03, 2010 , Blogger Mumzie said...

I love the geese, because they really do look like they took a wrong turn and ended up in the snow! As for open cabinets...I love them, but here in the Central Valley it's so dusty in the summer and fall, I'd have to dust everything every day. But I do love the look. Thanks for sharing. Yvonne :)

 
At Wednesday, March 03, 2010 , Blogger Unknown said...

I love the post.. it was so cute and funny! Those poor geese! and I love the dish tour! When we build a house open shelving or glass doors is a must in the kitchen, I mean what is the point of having all these great dishes if I don't get to show them off? right?

 
At Wednesday, March 03, 2010 , Blogger The Little Red Shop said...

Oh, how I do love dishes! I think that you should tell those Canadians to head on back to Washington...our snow is long gone!

Happy March!

: )

Julie M.

 
At Wednesday, March 03, 2010 , Blogger Kat said...

What cute photos and captions! This has been a crazy winter, I'm sure all the birds are confused! Kathy

 
At Wednesday, March 03, 2010 , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks for the dish ey candy. I, too, am a dishaholic with over 12 full sets of china and I keep searching for the unique. Very soon, I am going to start participating in Tablescape to show off my collection.

 
At Wednesday, March 03, 2010 , Blogger Sonia said...

Beautiful...thanks for sharing...I am a dishaholic and love the ideas! So pretty!

Have a great week!

Miss Bloomers/Sonia

 
At Wednesday, March 03, 2010 , Blogger Merlin said...

Loved the dish tour on Houzz! Nice job. I've been diagnosed as a dishaholic, too.

 
At Wednesday, March 03, 2010 , Blogger Melissa said...

The mini-story about the Canadians made me laugh and is adorable...

 
At Wednesday, March 03, 2010 , Blogger Susan said...

Susan, that was an adorable post. Imagine how lost those little Georgia geese feel right now (and c-c-c-old!) ha! Don't send them up north. Still a frozen tundra around here. ha ha ha You have a great sense of humor in your writing! Loved the dish storage ideas, too. Sincerely, Susan from writingstraightfromtheheart.blogspot.com

 
At Wednesday, March 03, 2010 , Blogger Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy said...

Hi Susan,

This is my first visit. Your blog is beautiful and very inspiring. I'm signing up!

Thanks,

Kathy

 
At Wednesday, March 03, 2010 , Blogger Milk & Cookie Party said...

The dishes are lovely. I just started decorating and collecting dishes and my husband hasn't exactly warmed to the idea. In his mind, dishes hold food. He'll see the beauty and that they are actually art soon enought! I'm going to show him your post. Great, great pictures.

 
At Wednesday, March 03, 2010 , Blogger Glenda/MidSouth said...

That is funny! :)
Those are some great ideas on how to display dishes. Thanks for sharing.

 
At Wednesday, March 03, 2010 , Blogger Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

This is certainly crazy weather! Send those geese north to warmer parts where we've had the mildest winter in central Ontario for years.

 
At Wednesday, March 03, 2010 , Blogger Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...

Great idea...an on-line dish tour. I am always looking for ideas to display my MANY dishes. Those poor little geese must be so confused!

 
At Wednesday, March 03, 2010 , Blogger honeysuckle said...

I love # 11 and 14 and all the dishes!

 
At Wednesday, March 03, 2010 , Blogger Deanna said...

Howdy Susan!
I am so ready for SpRiNg it's not funny!!!
Enjoyed your post.
Snow and dishes. A cure for sure.
d

 
At Wednesday, March 03, 2010 , Blogger Cottage Rose said...

Hi Susan; HA HA great and funny post,, poor geese I bet their little feeties are cold.. and they do look lost.. we have been getting snow here too off and on,, I am praying that we get more of the off then on.... lol have a great week.

Hugs;
Alaura

 
At Wednesday, March 03, 2010 , Blogger Sue said...

Doesn't the strange winter make you wonder what summer will bring? Great photos!

 
At Wednesday, March 03, 2010 , Blogger flower said...

Susan,
I love your sense of humor. I can't wait until spring either. Maybe in about 3 weeks we will be able to feel the warmth.

 
At Wednesday, March 03, 2010 , Blogger DesertGirl said...

Where in Georgia were the pictures
with the geese taken? It looks like my sister's neighborhood in
Dunwoody?

 
At Wednesday, March 03, 2010 , Blogger ~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

This is just so cute! I'm going to show it to my hubby! It sure has been a cold winter! ♥

 
At Wednesday, March 03, 2010 , Blogger Just a dreamer said...

Those geese are probably saying "is this what comes in like a lion means?"
Darling post Susan, absolutely darling! Jackie A HUGE Fan

 
At Wednesday, March 03, 2010 , Blogger Low Tide High Style said...

I can't wait to check out your ideabook! And this winter has been a little nutty everywhere I think!

Kat :)

 
At Wednesday, March 03, 2010 , Blogger The Tablescaper said...

Great addtion to Houzz, Susan. Unfortunately, for us true dish-a-holics, I don't think there is ever enough space!

- The Tablescaper

 
At Wednesday, March 03, 2010 , Blogger xinex said...

Cute post, Susan. I can't believe it is still snowing there. Thanks for the ideas. You know I coud use some...Christine

 
At Wednesday, March 03, 2010 , Blogger Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

Those little Geesers look so lost! Daughter lives in Georgia..I need to call her. Ok..now I am off to look at the dish idea's. I am already hanging them on every wall I have, bedroom, bathrooms..sitting in shelves..but..maybe there are other idea's...besides hanging them and eating off them..and just plain storing them and ignoring them. (I hope, I hope!!) :)

 
At Wednesday, March 03, 2010 , Blogger 9405018--Pat said...

Love the snow pic...Those are some wonderful ideas on how to display the dishes....thanks for sharing...Pat H

 
At Wednesday, March 03, 2010 , Blogger Rettabug said...

I'm laughing at those poor geese...they should have gone a little farther south for the winter! LOL
I enjoyed all those great dish storage ideas, especially the ones on the shelves. IF I push all my books to the back, I think I'll have several more spaces to fill. :D

Looking forward to TT along with you!

Hugs,
Rett

 
At Thursday, March 04, 2010 , Blogger Melanie said...

I enjoyed your pictures of all the plate displays. Lovely.

 
At Wednesday, March 10, 2010 , Blogger marsha said...

Thank you for sharing! My dishes are overrunning my house!
I appreciate the ideas. BTW, myblog is called "Plate Fetish Girl"! :)

 
At Wednesday, April 13, 2011 , Anonymous Driveways Edinburgh said...

Great fun indeed, coming out of winter now and can't wait for spring to get stick into the garden again.

 

Post a Comment

Have BNOTP delivered right to your feed reader or Inbox. Subscription links are located at the top right. Thanks so much for your comments. I love hearing your thoughts and ideas! I moderate comments so don't worry if your comment doesn't post immediately. BNOTP is a happy place, a drama-free zone. :) In that regard, comments that are snarky, mean-spirited or possibly hurtful to BNOTP's much-loved visitors, will not be posted. Thanks always for your comment. You are the very best part of Between Naps on the Porch!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home