This Page

has been moved to new address

What Should I Be When I Grow Up? Take this Quick Color Test to See!
Between Naps on the Porch: What Should I Be When I Grow Up? Take this Quick Color Test to See!

Between Naps on the Porch

Between Naps on the Porch is a lifestyle blog with an emphasis on Decorating, Tablescaping, Before and Afters, Thrify Finds, and Gardening.

Feb 26, 2010

What Should I Be When I Grow Up? Take this Quick Color Test to See!

Recently, my friend, Mary, sent me a link to a Color Career Test...thanks, Mary! It only takes about a minute to take, and I was pretty surprised at how well it nailed my interests. It also picked up on an ongoing struggle I have...the immense joy I feel when I'm being creative and the comfortable safety net I seek in being organized, systematic and practical. Do you have any little battles raging inside of you? :-)

I've posted my results below. If you'd like to take the test, click HERE . Oh, when it asks for your e-mail, you don't have to give it. Also, just click "no thanks" to scoot pass the ad that pops up.

If you take the test, please leave a comment letting me know if you think the results were accurate for you. :-) Here are my results...

Best Occupational Category
You're a CREATOR

Keywords
Nonconforming, Impulsive, Expressive, Romantic, Intuitive, Sensitive, and Emotional
These original types place a high value on aesthetic qualities and have a great need for self-expression. They enjoy working independently, being creative, using their imagination, and constantly learning something new. Fields of interest are art, drama, music, and writing or places where they can express, assemble, or implement creative ideas.

CREATOR OCCUPATIONS
Suggested careers are Advertising Executive, Architect, Web Designer, Creative Director, Public Relations, Fine or Commercial Artist, Interior Decorator, Lawyer, Librarian, Musician, Reporter, Art Teacher, Broadcaster, Technical Writer, English Teacher, Architect, Photographer, Medical Illustrator, Corporate Trainer, Author, Editor, Landscape Architect, Exhibit Builder, and Package Designer.

CREATOR WORKPLACES
Consider workplaces where you can create and improve beauty and aesthetic qualities. Unstructured, flexible organizations that allow self-expression work best with your free-spirited nature.
Suggested Creator workplaces are advertising, public relations, and interior decorating firms; artistic studios, theaters and concert halls; institutions that teach crafts, universities, music, and dance schools. Other workplaces to consider are art institutes, museums, libraries, and galleries.


2nd Best Occupational Category
You're an ORGANIZER

Keywords:
Self-Control, Practical, Self-Contained, Orderly, Systematic, Precise, and Accurate
These conservative appearing, plotting-types enjoy organizing, data systems, accounting, detail, and accuracy. They often enjoy mathematics and data management activities such as accounting and investment management. Persistence and patience allows them to do detailed paperwork, operate office machines, write business reports, and make charts and graphs.

59 Comments:

At Friday, February 26, 2010 , Blogger Low Tide High Style said...

What a fun test! I also got "Creator" as my Best Occupational Category.

My 2nd best was:

You're a SOCIAL MANAGER

Keywords:

Tactful, Cooperative, Generous, Understanding, Insightful, Friendly, and Cheerful

I thought it was really accurate too! Thanks for sharing!

Kat :)

 
At Friday, February 26, 2010 , Blogger Jemsmom said...

It appears I am a creator and doer! That is about right! That was pretty cool!

 
At Saturday, February 27, 2010 , Blogger Sewconsult said...

It never would give me the report. I didn't leave my email address & it just started all over each time. Maybe it's on overload. I'll try again tomorrow.
Many, many years ago, in high school, we were given aptitude tests. Mine showed that I would be a good building contractor! When we built our house, I had no trouble & loved reading the blueprints. As a teacher & then a sewing enthusiast, it all came together. I love spatial thinking...not spacey!
Beckie

 
At Saturday, February 27, 2010 , Blogger Sonia said...

Hi Susan,

Mine says I'm an orgainzer then a researcher...hmmm thought I would have at least one category of creativity..but I am a R.N. so maybe my thought processes override my sense of style...LOL It was fun taking the test. Thanks for sharing!

Miss Bloomers/Sonia

 
At Saturday, February 27, 2010 , Blogger Sonia said...

Hi Susan,

Mine says I'm an orgainzer then a researcher...hmmm thought I would have at least one category of creativity..but I am a R.N. so maybe my thought processes override my sense of style...LOL It was fun taking the test. Thanks for sharing!

Miss Bloomers/Sonia

 
At Saturday, February 27, 2010 , Blogger Jane said...

Interesting test...I was an organizer and a doer. I found it amusing that many of the characteristics mentioned are contrary to other tests I have taken. One was the 60 minute assessment test. My creative side came out on top...with the organization strength as secondary. Many jobs on the career path list are also contrary to the 60 Min. test....and others. On the other hand, the characteristics revealed in the 60 Min. test, when compared to my husband's test,show that we are "incompatible"... After 34 years of marriage, I kind of doubt that. The tester (a psychologist) did say that because of our similarities, we have probably been stronger because of his travel schedule. My skills were able to take over when he was away... Hmmmmmmm
Jane (artfully graced)

 
At Saturday, February 27, 2010 , Blogger Madame Meg said...

Oh, that was interesting! All that from colors! I got the same as Kat- creator and social manager. Waaaay back in high school I remember those aptitude tests (took a lot longer than this one did!), and it said much the same thing. I remember one of my main career suggestions was museum curator...funny the things that stay in your head!
- Meg

 
At Saturday, February 27, 2010 , Blogger Stitchnmom said...

I'm a creator also!!! When I told my husband that he said "I could've told you that!"

 
At Saturday, February 27, 2010 , Blogger Unknown said...

I liked the test. I took it before I read your results and I should not be surprised that you and I have the same results, we have used the same colors in our homes. I soo agree with the first career assessment but not so sure about the second. I love to organize things but I could never be an accountant.
Thanks for sharing the fun.

 
At Saturday, February 27, 2010 , Blogger Cate said...

Okay, that was pretty freaky! I'm a Creator and then Persuader.

Best Occupational Category
You're a CREATOR
Keywords

Nonconforming, Impulsive, Expressive, Romantic, Intuitive, Sensitive, and Emotional

2nd Best Occupational Category
You're a PERSUADER
Keywords:

Witty, Competitive, Sociable, Talkative, Ambitious, Argumentative, and Aggressive

It also says persuader people like to take risks and participate in competitive sports.

Hmm. You know me. Ya think?

P.S. Table settings for the wedding, HELP!! I'll call you.

 
At Saturday, February 27, 2010 , Blogger Dining Delight said...

I was shocked to see how accurate the results were and that one of the career choices listed for me was "Medical Records Technician" which is what I do at our local hospital! I rarely see that position listed anywhere and people don't know what I do when I tell them my job. To see that result on this career test was unbelievable. Fun test too! Thanks for sharing!

DD

 
At Saturday, February 27, 2010 , Blogger Heidi said...

Hi! I look at your blog often and have never left a comment. I took the color test and my DH says it fits me to a T. :-)

I am a creator: Nonconforming, Impulsive, Expressive, Romantic, Intuitive, Sensitive, and Emotional

and a social manager: Tactful, Cooperative, Generous, Understanding, Insightful, Friendly, and Cheerful

Thanks for sharing this test. It was fun to do.

Hugs from Holland ~
Heidi

 
At Saturday, February 27, 2010 , Blogger Raggedy Kingdom said...

Interesting color test. It pretty much nailed me too.

Sheila @ Raggedykingdon

 
At Saturday, February 27, 2010 , Blogger Allie and Pattie said...

Very cool! It was VERY accurate.
You're a CREATOR
Keywords
Nonconforming, Impulsive, Expressive, Romantic, Intuitive, Sensitive, and Emotional
These original types place a high value on aesthetic qualities and have a great need for self-expression. They enjoy working independently, being creative, using their imagination, and constantly learning something new. Fields of interest are art, drama, music, and writing or places where they can express, assemble, or implement creative ideas.
CREATOR OCCUPATIONS
Suggested careers are Advertising Executive, Architect, Web Designer, Creative Director, Public Relations, Fine or Commercial Artist, Interior Decorator, Lawyer, Librarian, Musician, Reporter, Art Teacher, Broadcaster, Technical Writer, English Teacher, Architect, Photographer, Medical Illustrator, Corporate Trainer, Author, Editor, Landscape Architect, Exhibit Builder, and Package Designer.
CREATOR WORKPLACES
Consider workplaces where you can create and improve beauty and aesthetic qualities. Unstructured, flexible organizations that allow self-expression work best with your free-spirited nature.
Suggested Creator workplaces are advertising, public relations, and interior decorating firms; artistic studios, theaters and concert halls; institutions that teach crafts, universities, music, and dance schools. Other workplaces to consider are art institutes, museums, libraries, and galleries.


2nd Best Occupational Category
You're an ORGANIZER
Keywords:
Self-Control, Practical, Self-Contained, Orderly, Systematic, Precise, and Accurate
These conservative appearing, plotting-types enjoy organizing, data systems, accounting, detail, and accuracy. They often enjoy mathematics and data management activities such as accounting and investment management. Persistence and patience allows them to do detailed paperwork, operate office machines, write business reports, and make charts and graphs.

 
At Saturday, February 27, 2010 , Blogger Andi's English Attic said...

Well, the first time I did the test the results couldn't have been more wrong! Organiser? Accurate? Work in a bank/building society/accountant? I'm numerically dyslexic, fey and the 'human equivalent of Mr. Toad's Crazy Drive' (a Cheers quote, but I love it).
Then I realised I hadn't read the instructions accurately (so much for their career suggestion of Actuary!), so decided to do it again (had to use a different account name). This time I went slowly and READ the instructions instead of assuming what they were. The result was MUCH more accurate 'Creator' and second best was 'Persuader' - which is true. I was in love with Tony Curtis in 'The Persuaders'back in the 70's!

 
At Saturday, February 27, 2010 , Blogger Debbie said...

I'm a creator and a social manager. Yeah... that kind of sounds like professional mom.

 
At Saturday, February 27, 2010 , Blogger Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

It was a fun test! First, I should be a researcher and 2nd , an organizer! Most people do say that i am very organized even though I have no idea what they are talking about. I am a Nurse so maybe that falls into the researcher part. I am very curious and like to look up everything so I guess they are right.
Thanks for the fun!
Debbie-Dabble

 
At Saturday, February 27, 2010 , Blogger Unknown said...

Susan

Thank you for test. It said I am and organizer and a doer... I too struggle with my creative side (test did not pick that up) and my need for organization.

Inner struggle for sure.

 
At Saturday, February 27, 2010 , Blogger Moms Musings said...

It said I'm an organizer and persuader. It was very accurate with suggested careers and workplaces.

 
At Saturday, February 27, 2010 , Blogger Pam - @diy Design Fanatic said...

I'm a CREATOR.(In real life I design kitchens).Keywords:Nonconforming, Impulsive, Expressive, Romantic, Intuitive, Sensitive, and Emotional.
Only 1/2 of the key words sound like me, though. I am Romantic, Noncomforming & sensitive.

 
At Saturday, February 27, 2010 , Blogger Megan said...

What Fun!!

I am a Creator with one of the suggested careers being a librarian (I have worked in a library for the last 9 yrs).
Second was a Doer--which was very accurate.

So I guess it was right on track for me.
It was hard trying to decide between some of the colors.

 
At Saturday, February 27, 2010 , Blogger Heather Henderson said...

I was an organizer then a researcher. The organizer part was very accurate, but I need a bit of fun and cuteness added into my organizing.

 
At Saturday, February 27, 2010 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

My test says I'm first an Organizer then a Researcher. Gotta tell you, this test nailed me! That was fun. Thanks.

 
At Saturday, February 27, 2010 , Blogger Kathysue said...

NO surprise here, I am the same as you, Creator!! Fun quiz, did you ever take the color test on my blog it is fun also, Of course I was green, here is the link if you would like to take it,Let me know what it says, Have a great weekend, Kathysue

http://goodlifeofdesign.blogspot.com/2010/01/what-color-are-you.html

 
At Saturday, February 27, 2010 , Blogger Marla said...

very fun quiz. It said I am a organizer first and a creator second. I do like order especially at work. And I have organized systems and work flow patterns for my job. I am an RN in a ICU. Smiles, Marla

 
At Saturday, February 27, 2010 , Blogger Cynthia@ITLLDO said...

That was fun. I am a Creator first and Social Organizer second. I think it is right on.

 
At Saturday, February 27, 2010 , Blogger Susan said...

Hi Susan...Loved taking the test. Results were right on the money....me to a "t." Thanks for passing that along. Always love coming to your beautiful blog. Sincerely, Susan from writingstraightfrometheheart.blogspot.com

 
At Saturday, February 27, 2010 , Blogger Gerri said...

It said I was an organizer, keywords being self-control and orderly. If anyone of you saw what my sewing/ storage room looked like since I moved here 1 1/2 years ago you laugh so hard you'd have an accident. But yes I did work in a bank at one time. The other one a reseacher hit bang on I've ignored sewing and crafts to continue on a new passion for geneaology!

 
At Saturday, February 27, 2010 , Blogger Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Mine were {just the key words}, Organizer: Self-Control, Practical, Self-Contained, Orderly, Systematic, Precise, and Accurate. Doer: Emotionally Stable, Reliable, High Energy, Practical, Thrifty, and Persistent.

The full Organizer description fits me because my day job is as Office Manager in a law firm. I've taken this before and last time something with creativity came up. I think we'd all find a little of ourselves in whatever they would tell us.

 
At Saturday, February 27, 2010 , Blogger Jeanette P. said...

That was so cool! Who would ever imagine that just from looking at color cubes they could guess your interests. Mine was aslo the same as yours. Funny thing is that I went to college for Architecture/Interior Design. However I am not practicing either of them but they still are my first loves. Thanks fors sharing this with us.

 
At Saturday, February 27, 2010 , Blogger Julia @ Hooked on Houses said...

Well, that's fun! I just took it and got Creator and Persuader. I love quizzes like that. Thanks, Susan!

 
At Saturday, February 27, 2010 , Blogger Mary said...

I'm so glad you had fun with the test. I was a "Creator" and "Social Manager"--which is good since I am a Social Worker. HA! I was surprised that I came out as a Creator, because I am often "scared" of what others might think of my ideas. AND I think it is interesting how many people that I am friends with are organizers!

 
At Saturday, February 27, 2010 , Blogger luvtoquilt said...

Susan, I'm the reverse of you -- organizer first, creator second. I thinks that's pretty accurate. This was fun -- thanks for sharing it!

 
At Saturday, February 27, 2010 , Blogger The Barnett Family said...

Well, I did the color test. 1st choice: creator (I am a teacher but they were referring to an Art or English teacher)2nd choice: persuader...not so sure about this one. I do have some of the qualities such as socialable, talkative, and little competitive. I do not think I could sell a product if my life depended on it. :) I do not like rejection.

It was interesting to see the results. Thanks!

Blessings~
Tonya

 
At Saturday, February 27, 2010 , Blogger Foley said...

Organizer and Researcher here...fun quiz and pretty accurate!

 
At Saturday, February 27, 2010 , Blogger jninecostumes said...

Fun test. I had Creator for the first job and Social Manager for second. I have a BA in Creative Writing, subtitute teach at high school, long term in English and art/home ec. I quilt and scrapbook.
I like every one to get along. I guess it has me pegged!

 
At Saturday, February 27, 2010 , Blogger Unknown said...

I took it and I thought it was pretty accurate! I am an organizer and researcher...although you would never know it by the state of my house ;)

 
At Saturday, February 27, 2010 , Blogger Pinky said...

I got Creator and organizer and that is spot ON!! Totally true. Wish I had known this 40 years ago.....might have persued a different career path!!!!

 
At Saturday, February 27, 2010 , Blogger Mary Anne Komar said...

Creator as well! With all these creator types and organizers we could have a great gallery!!

 
At Saturday, February 27, 2010 , Blogger Betty Jo said...

Hmmmm . . . the test wouldn't give me results. Oh well, perhaps I'll try another time. ♥

 
At Saturday, February 27, 2010 , Blogger Sarah said...

Hi Susan, I took the test two different times and neither time would it give me results. Guess there is a processing problem today. I see someone else had the same experience. I'll try again later. It seems fun.
No surprise that you are a creator!

 
At Saturday, February 27, 2010 , Blogger Melinda said...

Mine only gave me one--Organizer.
Which I love to be but most of it doesn't match me.
Charts, graphs, business reports YUCK!
My job as an educator requires "BEING" organized and
oganzizing thisngs for my students but.......not that other stuff.
It was fun though--I would of like a second choice though.

Melinda

 
At Saturday, February 27, 2010 , Blogger Lisa said...

I got creator and that's completely true! I'm a graphic designer and would only ever have a career that has something to do with visual design or art.

 
At Saturday, February 27, 2010 , Blogger Unknown said...

I love taking tests like this! Thanks for the link. It says I'm an organizer (which is very true) and a researcher (I think that's pretty accurate as well).

 
At Saturday, February 27, 2010 , Blogger Unknown said...

the reults for myself on the color career counseling were somewhat accurate for me.
my first was organizer and second was a doer; both are true, just not always my most prevalant traits.

 
At Saturday, February 27, 2010 , Blogger KBeau said...

Pretty accurate for me, too. I also got creator first and then organizer.

 
At Saturday, February 27, 2010 , Blogger The Frankie said...

1. Creator...yes, exactly like me..
2. Social manager..Well, I have socially managed my child.

Thanks Susan, this was a very fun test! I'm an artist..

 
At Saturday, February 27, 2010 , Blogger Debbie@Mountain Breaths said...

Organizer and Creator here...fun quiz and pretty accurate!

 
At Saturday, February 27, 2010 , Blogger Cheri said...

I'm an organizer too, but also:

2nd Best Occupational Category
You're a PERSUADER
Keywords:

Witty, Competitive, Sociable, Talkative, Ambitious, Argumentative, and Aggressive

These enterprising types sell, persuade, and lead others. Positions of leadership, power, and status are usually their ultimate goal. Persuasive people like to take financial and interpersonal risks and to participate in competitive activities. They enjoy working with others inside organizations to accomplish goals and achieve economic success.

 
At Saturday, February 27, 2010 , Blogger goodwillgirl said...

Researcher/Organizer. I'm in school to become a nurse, so I feel good about that. I really consider myself a writer first, though, so it was surprising also.

The test was fun. Thanks for sharing it with us.

 
At Sunday, February 28, 2010 , Blogger a woman who is said...

haha 1.creator 2.researcher...the test nailed me!

 
At Sunday, February 28, 2010 , Blogger Keeley said...

I am 1. Organizer and 2. Persuader. When I read the description, that pretty much nailed it. I also think I have a creative side, but my test results reflected my professional behavior, not my leisure time activities.

My results would indicate that I have a corporate job, but I don't. I work in student services at a university. Interesting.

 
At Sunday, February 28, 2010 , Blogger jaydubblah said...

Hi, haven't taken the test yet but just wanted to tell you that a friend pointed me to your post about making photos bigger on my blog and you have made me a very happy person so I gave you a mention. If you would like to see what I have written you can find it here

 
At Sunday, February 28, 2010 , Blogger Marlis said...

It totally left out creative.. but nailed the non conformist work place, loves to work at home and loves to teach..

 
At Sunday, February 28, 2010 , Blogger Jojo said...

I did a post on Dewey's home last year. Thought you might like seeing what a color test will buy you! http://jojos-joys.blogspot.com/2009_04_01_archive.html

 
At Sunday, February 28, 2010 , Blogger Sedona @ MyDivineDelights said...

That was a really interesting test! I am a creator first and persuader second. I am trying to decide what I want to take when I go back to school next semester and I think I will look into the careers listed! Thanks for posting this!

 
At Sunday, February 28, 2010 , Blogger Janie said...

Loved doing it. It was right on! Organizer and creator and I'm not a hip young career gal. I am a mother, now grandmother - 68 years old - currently painting pictures for children and grandchildren. Just finished a charcoal for youngest son. Enjoy your blog.

 
At Sunday, February 28, 2010 , Blogger Melanie said...

I took the quiz and it fit me to a tee. I might have to blog about this on my blog if you don't mind. I love it.

 
At Tuesday, March 02, 2010 , Blogger violetlady said...

I took the test and the first occupation said I was The Organizer. That was totally wrong - the occupations suggested were all things I hate to do. The second occupation was The Creator which was like me.

 

Post a Comment

Have BNOTP delivered right to your feed reader or Inbox. Subscription links are located at the top right. Thanks so much for your comments. I love hearing your thoughts and ideas! I moderate comments so don't worry if your comment doesn't post immediately. BNOTP is a happy place, a drama-free zone. :) In that regard, comments that are snarky, mean-spirited or possibly hurtful to BNOTP's much-loved visitors, will not be posted. Thanks always for your comment. You are the very best part of Between Naps on the Porch!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home