This Page

has been moved to new address

A Bunny Napkin Fold for Your Easter Table
Between Naps on the Porch: A Bunny Napkin Fold for Your Easter Table

Between Naps on the Porch

Between Naps on the Porch is a lifestyle blog with an emphasis on Decorating, Tablescaping, Before and Afters, Thrify Finds, and Gardening.

Apr 4, 2012

A Bunny Napkin Fold for Your Easter Table

Looking for a cute napkin idea for your Easter table this Sunday?  Here's a tutorial for a cute, easy-to-make bunny napkin fold.

Easter Bunny Napkin Folding Tutorial


You may remember when I used it in this Easter table setting.  All you need is a little ribbon and a few fuzzy pom poms and you'll be all set for Easter dinner.

Easter Bunny Napkin Folding Tutorial


This fold may look complicated but I promise, it's not.  I used an 18" square napkin, but a 20" napkin would probably work even better. I recommend folding your napkins on top of an ironing board with a hot iron at the ready. For this fold, you'll need to press the folds in place as you work for the best results.

Easter Bunny Napkin Folding Tutorial


This napkin fold would be great for a spring or summertime table setting.  (Click on any picture in this post to enlarge it.  Then click the back arrow to return to the tutorial.)


Bunny Napkin Fold for Easter: A Tutorial


Bunny Napkin Fold for Easter: A Tutorial


Bunny Napkin Fold for Easter: A Tutorial


Bunny Napkin Fold for Easter: A Tutorial


Easter Bunny Napkin Folding Tutorial


Easter Bunny Napkin Folding Tutorial


Easter Bunny Napkin Folding Tutorial

Easter Bunny Napkin Folding Tutorial


Easter Bunny Napkin Folding Tutorial


Easter Bunny Napkin Folding Tutorial


At this point, you'll need to stop and cut a piece of narrow ribbon approximately 5-6 inches in length. The length will depend on the weight or thickness of your napkin. Make a loop overlapping the ends of your ribbon, then hot-glue the ends together. For your bunny's tail, hot-glue a pom pom where the loops overlap.

Easter Bunny Napkin Folding Tutorial


Easter Bunny Napkin Folding Tutorial


Easter Bunny Napkin Folding Tutorial


Side view with a pom pom tail:

Easter Bunny Napkin Folding Tutorial


Easter Bunny Napkin Folding Tutorial


Another view with a little clip-on flower tail:

Easter Bunny Napkin Folding Tutorial


Easter Bunny Napkin Folding Tutorial


You could even use a little candy bracelet. Children especially would love this. You'll still need the ribbon underneath to hold the napkin together, though. Happy folding!

Easter Bunny Napkin Folding Tutorial


For future reference, this tutorial (and other napkin folding tutorials) are available under the category headers, Tablescapes and Holiday at the top of BNOTP.  Under "Tablescapes", category heading, scroll down past the tablescapes to the "Napkin Folding" section.  Under the "Holiday" category heading, scroll down to the "Easter" section.

See you tomorrow morning for Tablescape Thursday!

31 Comments:

At Wednesday, April 04, 2012 , Blogger Jenni said...

I love those, haven't seen that particular fold yet. Thanks for sharing:)

 
At Wednesday, April 04, 2012 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

These are darling, Susan. Thanks for sharing.

 
At Wednesday, April 04, 2012 , Blogger Glenda said...

Thanks for sharing your bunny napkin tutorial with us - such a cute napkin fold!

 
At Wednesday, April 04, 2012 , Blogger ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

I love it Susan! Guess that's what I'll be working on today:)

 
At Wednesday, April 04, 2012 , Blogger ~Damita's Pretty Wrap~ said...

Those are really cute!! :) Have a lovely day!

 
At Wednesday, April 04, 2012 , Blogger Cass @ That Old House said...

Wow, Susan, I didn't know there was a napkin fold I had not yet seen - but here it is!
Love the bunny fold, and I wish I'd known it when my kids were little. I'll save it for grandkids!
Adorable.
Cass

 
At Wednesday, April 04, 2012 , Blogger FABBY'S LIVING said...

How wonderful Susan, I love this! I think I can do it, thanks for sharing.
HAPPY EASTER to you, your son and future Dil.
FABBY

 
At Wednesday, April 04, 2012 , Blogger Katalina Jewelry said...

So adorable...love them! Thanks for sharing!

 
At Wednesday, April 04, 2012 , Blogger Dawn said...

Girl, you sure know how to work a napkin. Great tutorial:)

 
At Wednesday, April 04, 2012 , Blogger Haworth said...

Those are adorable, Susan! Thank you so much for sharing the instructions. I hope you have a lovely Easter weekend.

 
At Wednesday, April 04, 2012 , Anonymous Deanna said...

That is so adorable! Where did you find your napkins?

 
At Wednesday, April 04, 2012 , Blogger Susan (Between Naps On The Porch.net) said...

Deanna, they were sent to me a while back and I've forgotten the name of the shop. But I've seen them again online recently. If I can remember where or see them again, I'll ya know.

 
At Wednesday, April 04, 2012 , Blogger terri said...

I just used your tutorial and the napkins turned out wonderfully well. Thank you so much.

 
At Wednesday, April 04, 2012 , Blogger Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

It's just too cute.

 
At Wednesday, April 04, 2012 , Anonymous Ellen said...

Those bunny napkins are adorable. I will surely try them. I love your tutorial because it's very clear to understand. Sometimes tutorials are just too hard for me.

 
At Wednesday, April 04, 2012 , Blogger Mr Paul said...

Looking forward to trying out these napkins this weekend.

Paul

 
At Wednesday, April 04, 2012 , Blogger Anne said...

That is super cute!
Anne

 
At Wednesday, April 04, 2012 , Blogger Shabby chic Sandy said...

That is so cute--thanks for showing us how to do it! Is there anything tablescape related thing you don't know how to do? You are the queen!

 
At Wednesday, April 04, 2012 , Blogger Unknown said...

CUTE. I folded bunny napkins for our first Easter in this house. Perhaps I will do it this weekend too!!

 
At Wednesday, April 04, 2012 , Blogger mrsben said...

These were always one of my children's favourites when they were little and so clever of you to use the extra adornments.
Loved your previous post on the two-vase center piece. Shall definitely keep 'it' in mind so, thank you. Wishing you A HAPPY EASTER, Hugs -Brenda-

 
At Wednesday, April 04, 2012 , Blogger Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

Wow...that napkin fold is fantastic!...Thanks for the tutorial...it is wonderful..and of course your table is wonderful..I adore those dishes..they are my favorite!

 
At Wednesday, April 04, 2012 , Blogger Unknown said...

Thank you for this, I tried following some instructions I found elsewhere and couldn't do it, but yours are much clearer!

 
At Wednesday, April 04, 2012 , Anonymous Les @ LPN Programs said...

The first thing I noticed was the napkin, pretty! So I was having a look if it's something I can do and my little one looks over my shoulder. Asks what this is and I explain and guess what, we're doing it tomorrow! Good it comes with pictures, nothing too complicated. :s

 
At Wednesday, April 04, 2012 , Blogger Phyllis @Around the House said...

so so cute ...you are such a good teacher...love the bunny napkin fold...the table is so sweet...see you tomorrow for tablescape thurs...phyllis

 
At Thursday, April 05, 2012 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Bunny napkin is very beautiful and the table decoration is also good.

 
At Thursday, April 05, 2012 , Blogger Just Spiff It said...

I think this is the cutest thing!! I now need to go hunt down some "eastery" napkins to give this a try! You do the most incredible things! Love those plates also!!

 
At Thursday, April 05, 2012 , Blogger Scribbler said...

HYou are too clever! I wonder if you could put a napkin ring on instead of a ribbon? Too small?

 
At Thursday, April 05, 2012 , Blogger Linda (More Fun Less Laundry) said...

Hi Susan, These are so adorable! It would be so much fun to sit down at a Spring luncheon and find a little fellow like this on the plate! Linda

 
At Thursday, April 05, 2012 , Blogger Merlin said...

We did these from your last year's blog and everyone LUV'd them! I put a "baby carrot" with parsley top along side...and LOTS of candy Easter eggs...HAPPY EASTER to YOU! franki

 
At Thursday, April 05, 2012 , Blogger deb said...

These are so cute!! Never seen anything like it.
*hugs*deb

Don't forget to enter my giveaway!
http://dragonflytreasure.blogspot.com/2012/04/my-memories-suite-giveaway.html

 
At Thursday, April 05, 2012 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you! I enjoy reading your blog so much!

 

Post a Comment

Have BNOTP delivered right to your feed reader or Inbox. Subscription links are located at the top right. Thanks so much for your comments. I love hearing your thoughts and ideas! I moderate comments so don't worry if your comment doesn't post immediately. BNOTP is a happy place, a drama-free zone. :) In that regard, comments that are snarky, mean-spirited or possibly hurtful to BNOTP's much-loved visitors, will not be posted. Thanks always for your comment. You are the very best part of Between Naps on the Porch!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home