This Page

has been moved to new address

Decorating for Halloween
Between Naps on the Porch: Decorating for Halloween

Between Naps on the Porch

Between Naps on the Porch is a lifestyle blog with an emphasis on Decorating, Tablescaping, Before and Afters, Thrify Finds, and Gardening.

Oct 20, 2009

Decorating for Halloween

The countdown is on!

Halloween Decorating


Only 11 days until scary creatures begin arriving at your home. You'll hurry to the door, finding your way by the light of a ghostly glow.

Halloween Decorating


Witches, ghosts and goblins, they'll all come calling...

Halloween Decorating


Taunting , with that old familiar greeting...

Halloween Decorating


Trick or Treat?

Halloween Decorating


Don't know about you, but this year...I'm definitely going for "Treat!"

Halloween Decorating

Happy Halloween!

Chalkboard witch, Halloween wall decals, pumpkin/cinnamon scented candle, mortar/pestle treat bowl and ghost night light provided by Colonial Candle. Candelabra is by Fitz and Floyd, purchased around 27 years ago.

Labels:

55 Comments:

At Tuesday, October 20, 2009 , Blogger Blondie's Journal said...

Very neat (and scary!!) vignettes, Susan. And i am so glad you gave your sources because I have to have the bowl holding the treats!!! Thanks, and have a spooky evening on the porch!!

xoxo
Jane

 
At Tuesday, October 20, 2009 , Blogger Sue said...

That witch for the wall is very unique, actually all the stuff is very cool. I'll have to check it out.

Sue

 
At Tuesday, October 20, 2009 , Blogger bj said...

I want that bowl, too...
This is a great post, Susan!!
Love it all....

 
At Tuesday, October 20, 2009 , Blogger Richella Parham said...

What a fun post. Know what's my favorite part? The sentence wherein you speak of your Fitz and Floyd candleabra. I'm glad I'm not the only one with things purchased twenty-something years ago! :)

 
At Tuesday, October 20, 2009 , Blogger Lori said...

How very pretty!!!!

 
At Tuesday, October 20, 2009 , Blogger Bama Belle said...

great post I love that it has an elegance to the spookiness!

 
At Tuesday, October 20, 2009 , Blogger Kat said...

I LOVE that mortar and pestle. What a great idea. And I really love the candleabra. Fitz and Foyd has the neatest things. Kathy

 
At Tuesday, October 20, 2009 , Blogger Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Love all your decorations, Susan! How nice of you to anticipate that you would be asked where you got everything from {because I was going to ask!}.

 
At Tuesday, October 20, 2009 , Blogger Scrappy Girl said...

I love Dr. Spooky's dish! Dr. Hubby would love that!

 
At Tuesday, October 20, 2009 , Blogger Donna said...

Too cute and scary! Love it all.

 
At Tuesday, October 20, 2009 , Blogger Decor To Adore said...

It looks so bootiful! Have a spooktacular day!

 
At Tuesday, October 20, 2009 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Evening, Dear Susan! Oh, this is so cute, um, I mean scary! :) Love everything and I've decided Colonial Candle should really give you a nice gift - you are their advertiser in Blogland! :)
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

 
At Tuesday, October 20, 2009 , Blogger Sue said...

That warms soft candle light really takes the edge off the scary. Beautiful! I'm off to Colonial Candle to stock up and use your generous code for free shipping.
Hugs,
Sue

 
At Tuesday, October 20, 2009 , Blogger Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Your decorations are just wonderful. I love the witch on the counter, and the decals above the console with the candles and candy is just perfect. Everything looks fabulous. Hugs, Marty

 
At Tuesday, October 20, 2009 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was all so cool..I want to come T-or-T at your house! Such wonderful Halloween pretties! Very nice~
Come say hi :D

 
At Tuesday, October 20, 2009 , Blogger Charo said...

It's a great decoration, the little ghost is gorgeous!!!

 
At Tuesday, October 20, 2009 , Blogger JC said...

I don't know how you do all that decorating but I just love seeing what you've done next ...

 
At Tuesday, October 20, 2009 , Blogger KBeau said...

That treat bowl is so cute.

 
At Tuesday, October 20, 2009 , Blogger xinex said...

Your halloweeen accessories are so unusual. I love the witch and the ghost night light...Christine

 
At Tuesday, October 20, 2009 , Blogger Abatevintage said...

I love your chalkboard its lovely.

Have a wonderful evening.

Blessings,
Heidi

 
At Tuesday, October 20, 2009 , Blogger Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

Susan, that chalkboard is so cute, and I also love the wall decor. I'm going to check it out. Thanks! laurie

 
At Tuesday, October 20, 2009 , Blogger Kathy Walker said...

Cool post! So much fun to scroll through.....

 
At Tuesday, October 20, 2009 , Blogger ~CC Catherine said...

Hey Susan! Your home looks oh so scary in your preparation for those goblins that are going to be dropping by soon! :) That witch looks especially dark..... ;) Hey, had a great time with you and the other gals on Saturday. I sent you the pic of us all and posted about our day for my 100th~ Hope we can get together over the holidays! Thanks again for bringing the luscious fruit! Totally enjoyed it! ~CC Catherine

 
At Tuesday, October 20, 2009 , Blogger Kathleen said...

Well you are ready! Looks like your house is a good one to hit..I mean visit!
Thanks for the visit, when you have time go back to Monday's..you are mentioned..:)

 
At Tuesday, October 20, 2009 , Blogger Sandy said...

Spooooooky!!

 
At Tuesday, October 20, 2009 , Blogger Pinky said...

Love all your Halloween decor. I wanted to tell you. I am having ALOT of trouble getting to your blog on my computer. I am on my DH's now. When I get to your blog my computer totally freezes up! It won't let me go anywhere. Just thought I would mention this...but I guess it must be MY computer since his is working fine???? WEIRD! I will be joining you tomorrow night for TT! I am excited to participate and will have another, bigger, better table next week! YIPPEE!!!!!!!! This is such fun! See you tomorrow! Hugs, Pinky

 
At Wednesday, October 21, 2009 , Blogger Four Paws and Co said...

Fantastic Halloween decor! The little ghost is just too cute for words! ☺

 
At Wednesday, October 21, 2009 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Susan,
I love all your Halloween decorations!!!! I am sure wanting that chalkboard witch. Thanks for sharing all the info about where everything came from.
Katherine S.

 
At Wednesday, October 21, 2009 , Blogger Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

Wonderful as always Susan...love the witch the best...Now girl you need to come by for my 1 year anniversary after all your the one who talked me into doing a blog THANKS ha ha...May you have a great day my friend...Hugs and smiles Gl♥ria

 
At Wednesday, October 21, 2009 , Blogger Lakeland Jo said...

brilliant -very atmospheric

 
At Wednesday, October 21, 2009 , Blogger Unknown said...

Love your Halloween Decor Susan!
Happy Halloween! Have a great rest of the week!
~Really Rainey~

 
At Wednesday, October 21, 2009 , Blogger The Curious Cat said...

Happy Halloween! I love your decorations! I hope I am able to find some like that myself when I visit the US next week! xxx

 
At Wednesday, October 21, 2009 , Blogger Natasha in Oz said...

WOW!!!!I don't know how you come up with these brilliant images and ideas every week. What a fantastic display. Looking forward to seeing another beautiful table on Thursday.
Best wishes, NM.

 
At Wednesday, October 21, 2009 , Blogger Carol at Serendipity said...

Absolutely marvelous! Can't wait to see what you do for the holidays.

Carol

 
At Wednesday, October 21, 2009 , Blogger CandlesBySoylicious.com | Soy Candles said...

This is absolutely stunning. Makes a beautiful Halloween setting.

 
At Wednesday, October 21, 2009 , Blogger Jeanne said...

Everything looks wonderful. I just love Colnial Candles Halloween goodies. They are spooky with a touch of class. I went back to order the witch deca after seeing yurs only to find that its out of stock now. I always seem to wait too long to make up my mind on stuff.

 
At Wednesday, October 21, 2009 , Blogger Betsy Brock said...

Oh so very neat! Now I'm inspired!...

 
At Wednesday, October 21, 2009 , Blogger Beansieleigh said...

Oh now you've definitely got the Halloween spirit! I love your decorations! That candle holder tree with the vulture perched upon its branch really catches my eye the most! ~tina

 
At Wednesday, October 21, 2009 , Blogger Rettabug said...

You sure do have that special touch, Susan! I love ALL your ideas & you group them so beautifully. Such incredible attention to details.

♥ Rettabug

 
At Wednesday, October 21, 2009 , Blogger Pauline said...

Whose idea was halloween, anyway? No complaining. I love children...but I couldn't eat a whole one :o)

 
At Wednesday, October 21, 2009 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am a sucker for just about anything Halloween and I just LOVE all of your goodies ;o)

 
At Wednesday, October 21, 2009 , Blogger Amy said...

Your decorating is fabulous!!!!

 
At Wednesday, October 21, 2009 , Blogger Poppy Cottage said...

Beautiful post! I just love Halloween ;)

 
At Wednesday, October 21, 2009 , Blogger Ramona said...

Susan, great Halloween decorations! I love your blog. I'm off to check out the Colonial Candle website.

 
At Wednesday, October 21, 2009 , Blogger Unknown said...

Love the treat bowl-- especially the saying on it.

The night light is super cute.

 
At Wednesday, October 21, 2009 , Blogger Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Very cute, Susan! You are definitely ready for Halloween. I do nothing for Halloween.

And what, you didn't know how multi-talented I am, driving and taking pics at the same time? Oh yeah, I can multi-task with the best of them. :)

 
At Wednesday, October 21, 2009 , Anonymous Christi @ A Southern Life said...

Oh, this makes me really anxious to see your tablescape tonight!

Christi

 
At Wednesday, October 21, 2009 , Anonymous nannykim at spindle cottage said...

Oh, Haloween isn't one of my favorite holidays (except I do love the 300 kids we get every year at our door)....but your things are so cute!!

 
At Wednesday, October 21, 2009 , Blogger Amy said...

I am so going to do the tablescape next week!! Just started a new blog and it will be a perfect time!! Love your post!

 
At Thursday, October 22, 2009 , Blogger Sue said...

Susan, I love the 2 candleabras on the table, as well as the ceramic one from F & F. The mortar & pestle bowl is simply a hoot and I love the vinyl witch and bats on the wall. Everything looks fun and festive for Halloween.
Thanks for posting the link for me on Sunday night. We didn't get into the hotel until 3 am.
:-) Sue

 
At Friday, October 23, 2009 , Blogger Suzann said...

You never cease to impress me. Everything is so wonderful. I really need to look at getting some more decorations!

 
At Saturday, October 24, 2009 , Blogger dawgyah said...

Such cute Halloween stuff at Colonial Candle..all dayinf sold out. I bought the cutest white pitcher at an estate sale today and thought of you. I will try to get a picture posted on my site tomorrow.

 
At Thursday, October 29, 2009 , Blogger Sarah said...

Out of town and missed this earlier. What fun! I'm hope to have some more Halloween posted for tomorrow. Stop by if you have time. I've so enjoyed all your Halloween inspired recent posts.
Happy Halloween, Susan!

 
At Monday, August 30, 2010 , Blogger mel@livvyloowho said...

I just bought that witchy chalkboard! I love that!!!

 
At Sunday, October 03, 2010 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Susan. I loved this post then and I love it now!!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

 

Post a Comment

Have BNOTP delivered right to your feed reader or Inbox. Subscription links are located at the top right. Thanks so much for your comments. I love hearing your thoughts and ideas! I moderate comments so don't worry if your comment doesn't post immediately. BNOTP is a happy place, a drama-free zone. :) In that regard, comments that are snarky, mean-spirited or possibly hurtful to BNOTP's much-loved visitors, will not be posted. Thanks always for your comment. You are the very best part of Between Naps on the Porch!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home