This Page

has been moved to new address

Built-in Book Shelves for the Upstairs Family Room... Welcome to the 31st Metamorphosis Monday!
Between Naps on the Porch: Built-in Book Shelves for the Upstairs Family Room... Welcome to the 31st Metamorphosis Monday!

Between Naps on the Porch

Between Naps on the Porch is a lifestyle blog with an emphasis on Decorating, Tablescaping, Before and Afters, Thrify Finds, and Gardening.

Aug 17, 2009

Built-in Book Shelves for the Upstairs Family Room... Welcome to the 31st Metamorphosis Monday!

My Met Monday post is a little different this week. The "After" hasn't occurred yet, but I thought I'd share my "Before" and my "After Wish" with you, just in case it gives you some ideas for a similar area in your home.

This is the view as you enter from the hallway into my Upstairs Family Room. (To see more of this room, just click HERE.) You can't see it very well in this pic, but off to the right of the window seat, just beyond the tall plant stand, is a back stairway that takes you down to the 2nd level. It a great escape route when you find yourself downstairs in the kitchen in your nightie and the front door bell rings...or when you need to make a dash down to the laundry room and don't want to flash the neighbors who just happen to be walking by the front of your home.



Here's a little better view...the stairway goes down to a landing, turns and then continues on down.




See that slanted section of wall there on the left side of the stairway, just beyond the plant stand?




Do you have an area like this in your home? I've thought of hanging some family photos or pictures there, but then I found an inspiration picture online.




Check out the small, slanted section of wall over on the other side of the room...what do you think? I'd love to remove that piece of baseboard molding that runs along the lower part of my wall and have bookshelves installed...something along the lines of what you see below. The organization freak inside of me loves the idea of creating storage, where before there was none!  Is there a spot in your home where you could add some unexpected storage/bookshelves?



If I ever get the "After" done, you know I'll post it for a Metamorphosis Monday! :-)

Looking forward to seeing your Before and Afters! Oh, and don't forget to leave a comment to be included in the drawing for Mr. Rooster!


If you are participating in Metamorphosis Monday, please be sure to add your permalink below, and not your general blog address. If you aren't sure how to obtain your permalink or have any questions about using Mr. Linky for this post, just click HERE for detailed instructions.

Don't forget to copy and paste the Met Monday logo button to your computer so you can add it to your side bar and your Met Monday post. That way visitors will know that your are participating in Metamorphosis Monday.

Please be sure to link back to the host blog, Between Naps on the Porch, so your fellow bloggers who are participating today, will get lots of visits, as well.

Please do not add your link below until your Met Monday post is actually published to your blog.

The following blogs are participating in this Metamorphosis Monday:


Labels: , , , ,

214 Comments:

«Oldest ‹Older 201 – 214 of 214
At Thursday, August 20, 2009 , Blogger she dreams big! said...

What a lovely family room! Wish I had those book shelves then maybe I could get rid of the piles of books that seem to be getting bigger. Please enter me in your giveaway! (F)

 
At Friday, August 21, 2009 , Blogger Unknown said...

I can't wait to see what you do with this great space! Love the bookshelf idea!

Ginger s/f

 
At Friday, August 21, 2009 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

F - follower
Love, love, love the bookcase down the stairs idea. I have a spot where that would work GREAT, and I'm always looking for more room for books! Definitely going in my idea file...

The tassel is gorgeous...and so is your upstair sitting room. So many cute ideas, especially love the one you posted earlier about the newspaper binders covered with glass as an end table... Clever!

 
At Friday, August 21, 2009 , Anonymous Shirley said...

Oh, please enter me in the drawing. I have the perfect spot for that cute little rooster. F

 
At Friday, August 21, 2009 , Anonymous Irma's Rose Cottage said...

Congrats! Love your blog! What fabulous ideas! Please enter me in your lovely giveaway!

Irma :)

 
At Friday, August 21, 2009 , Blogger Denise Marie said...

I'd also love to do the same under my stairs that go up to the boys rooms. It would be a nice little library area. Cute tassel. I hope I can get ready for the Show your Rooster party coming up next week at barbsgoodlife.

 
At Friday, August 21, 2009 , Blogger DaCraftyLady said...

ohh yes please enter my name...love the tassel...F S

Debb

 
At Friday, August 21, 2009 , Blogger Tootsie said...

happy anniversary Susan! It sure goes by quick doesn't it?

 
At Friday, August 21, 2009 , Blogger Denise said...

Do you know I have NOT one tassle in my home!!! I need to change that very soon... starting with entering your give-away ;-) And if I don't win, I'll be looking to buy myself something soon.
I love following your blog.
xxxx

 
At Friday, August 21, 2009 , Anonymous Anne - VirtualRoomPreviews@gmail.com said...

I've recently heard about your Met Monday so am checkin' these blog parties out! Your bookshelf adventure will be inspirational for many to see come to fruition. I can also imagine doing the shelving on each side, fitting under the slanted roof areas, framing your beautiful window. Love the stained glass piece!

I know someone who would just love that rooster tassel :)

 
At Friday, August 21, 2009 , Blogger Margo said...

Happy Blog-Anniversary..... love reading your blog and checking out everyone elses that links too you....

 
At Friday, August 21, 2009 , Blogger Flat Creek Farm said...

Congratulations on your Blogoversary! I've only been here a few minutes, and I'm hooked. Your pictures are fantastic, and Mr. Rooster is cute as a button. -Tammy

 
At Saturday, August 22, 2009 , Blogger Printersdevil said...

you have made me fall in love with roosters and many things that i really had never thought about during this past year. I would have probably looked at tassels and thought not interested, until I was introduced to them on your site. You are truly the diva of decorating and blogging. Thanks for all you do and host for us. I am a follower and have become a true dishoholic this past year.

 
At Sunday, August 23, 2009 , Blogger The Raggedy Girl said...

I am sure a follower but have been MIA for the summer due to redecorating projects but I am glad I stopped in to see what you were up to. I saw a view of water through your window and I don't think I caught that before so I will have to backtrack and look for your water views.

Your follower,
The Raggedy Girl

 
«Oldest ‹Older 201 – 214 of 214

Post a Comment

Have BNOTP delivered right to your feed reader or Inbox. Subscription links are located at the top right. Thanks so much for your comments. I love hearing your thoughts and ideas! I moderate comments so don't worry if your comment doesn't post immediately. BNOTP is a happy place, a drama-free zone. :) In that regard, comments that are snarky, mean-spirited or possibly hurtful to BNOTP's much-loved visitors, will not be posted. Thanks always for your comment. You are the very best part of Between Naps on the Porch!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home