This Page

has been moved to new address

Beautiful Monogrammed Towels... Welcome to the 22nd Metamorphosis Monday!
Between Naps on the Porch: Beautiful Monogrammed Towels... Welcome to the 22nd Metamorphosis Monday!

Between Naps on the Porch

Between Naps on the Porch is a lifestyle blog with an emphasis on Decorating, Tablescaping, Before and Afters, Thrify Finds, and Gardening.

Jun 14, 2009

Beautiful Monogrammed Towels... Welcome to the 22nd Metamorphosis Monday!


Playlist is posted to your immediate right...click on arrow to hear.

Before we get started on this Metamporphosis Monday, I wanted to let you know that some very sweet person has nominated Between Naps on the Porch for the 2009 Blog Luxe Awards, under the category of Best Eye Candy Blog. If you'd like to cast a vote for BNOTP, just click HERE ...then click on the category, "Best Eye Candy Blog." If you scan down part way through the list, you'll see Between Naps on the Porch among those that have been nominated. It actually says Between Naps on the Back Porch...but hey, that's close enough. :-) I'm just humbled and thrilled that someone took time to make the nomination! Oh, and the rules say you can vote once a day. I just discovered today that I had been nominated, so I've gotten a very late start letting you know. :-)

There are several other categories listed, so have fun voting for your favorite blogs :-) Oh, and Thank-You to the dear heart who nominated BNOTP. But I must say, it's actually YOU, the readers of BNOTP, who deserve all the credit for any accolades that ever come this way. It's your visits and comments that provide the real inspiration for each and every post! Ok, before I get too misty-eyed to see how to write this post, let's dive right into this week's Metamorphosis Monday...

I'm so excited to share a special metamorphosis with you this week. Imagine a pretty, little stripped, green towel going from this:


TO THIS! :-)

Now, I wish I could take credit for this wonderful "before" and "after," but this beautiful handiwork is that of Karyn's, one of the talented ladies over at The Bloom Girls Boutique. You may recognize the name because Karyn and Nola also have a wonderful blog called The Bloom Girls.

I love the attention to detail with the cute little yellow butterflies on either end of the beautiful embroidery! Karyn, thanks so much for this precious gift! :-)


When you visit The Bloom Girls Boutique, you'll also find lovely monogrammed dresses for only $42. Wow, in a speciality shop, this dress would cost twice that amount! Isn't Madison precious modeling for her Mom, Karyn. :-) I had the pleasure of meeting Madison recently and I must tell you, she is every bit as adorable in person as she looks here in her lovely monogrammed dress.

The Bloom Girls Boutique also carries beautiful home accessories and lighting...check out these great lamps!

Wire Bird Cage Lamp:
Rose Cottage Lamp:
If you'd like your own personalized towel showing the name of your Blog or monogram, just e-mail Karyn at bloomgirls@att.net to leave Karyn a message or visit her at The Bloom Girls, and leave her a little comment.

Little Announcement: In a recent poll, 627 visitors voted on the subject of music playing when visiting BNOTP. 63% indicated they do not want to have music automatically play when visiting, while 36% would like to hear music playing during their visit. In an effort to keep everyone happy, :-) the playlist isn't on an "automatic start" anymore, but it is posted at the top of the sidebar for easy access. To listen, just click on the play arrow and you're all set! :-) Hope this works for everyone!

Looking forward to seeing the changes you've been working on for this Metamorphosis Monday!

If you are participating in Metamorphosis Monday, please be sure to add your permalink below, and not your general blog address. If you aren't sure how to obtain your permalink or have any questions about using Mr. Linky for this post, just click HERE for detailed instructions.

Don't forget to copy and paste the Met Monday logo button to your computer so you can add it to your side bar and your Met Monday post. That way visitors will know that your are participating in Metamorphosis Monday.

Please be sure to link back to the host blog, Between Naps on the Porch, so your fellow bloggers who are participating today, will get lots of visits, as well.

Please do not add your link below until your Met Monday post is actually published to your blog.

The following blogs are participating in this Metamorphosis Monday:

Labels: , ,

69 Comments:

At Sunday, June 14, 2009 , Blogger Unknown said...

Susan, your attention to every detail is amazing. Keep inspiring the rest of us. Sandy

 
At Sunday, June 14, 2009 , Anonymous Pat@Back Porch Musings said...

I love the towel.

Madison is a beautiful model!

Congratulations on the nomination, Susan!! Well deserved!

 
At Sunday, June 14, 2009 , Blogger {oc cottage} said...

OK, that tea towel is THE most adorable thing EVER! EVER! My stars!
(and that hutch full of loveliness ain't bad either! ;)

m ^..^

 
At Sunday, June 14, 2009 , Anonymous Puna said...

Hey there again! I'm one of the ones who voted nay for the auto music start. Thank you for giving us the option! I love love love the towels. I'm going to go over there now, thanks so much!

 
At Sunday, June 14, 2009 , Blogger Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Susan, the tea towel is truly spectacular. I love it. So pretty on your hutch. Thank you for introducing us to their boutique, they have some amazing things. The lamps are stunning. Hugs, Marty

 
At Sunday, June 14, 2009 , Blogger Dixie said...

Susan.. I love the monogrammed towel.. I have a guilty pleasure for monograms of all sort...

 
At Sunday, June 14, 2009 , Blogger Lori E said...

You got my vote.
Good luck.

 
At Sunday, June 14, 2009 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Susan! Oh, what a precious little towel with your blog name! I love that! And it just happens to be sitting on that marvelous hutch I love and those dishes I adore! Oh, this makes me happy!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

 
At Sunday, June 14, 2009 , Anonymous abeachcottage said...

how lovely for your hutch, you've got me thinking about monogramming now!

Sarah

 
At Sunday, June 14, 2009 , Blogger Susan (Between Naps On The Porch.net) said...

Hi Sandy,
Thanks so much for the sweet comment!
Check to see if your settings in Layout are allowing for comments...I wasn't able to comment on your beautiful front porch and lovely tablescape from last Thursday. I just want to make sure you are able to receive comments on your posts.
Thanks,
Susan

 
At Sunday, June 14, 2009 , Anonymous Peacock Blue said...

Awwwwe! I love monogrammed gifts!

 
At Sunday, June 14, 2009 , Blogger Chandy said...

Susan, well deserved gift from The Bloom Girls, Kyra is so talented! I love it!

I hope you win the nomination... How exciting for you! ;-)

 
At Sunday, June 14, 2009 , Blogger Barb said...

Susan, the towel is so lovely and just the right touch.

You do inspire all of us....you are totally amazing. My husband 'knows' all about you as I speak of you often. Isn't it amazing how we get to know each other?

I am joining you for the first time for Met Monday....I am so excited.

Thank you so much for all you do!
Barb

 
At Sunday, June 14, 2009 , Blogger Kathy's Red Door Welcome said...

O.K. I put my vote in. Hope you win. I love your hutch with the darling cottage plates and mugs, so sweet! I'm going to have to have a monogramed tea towel now!

 
At Sunday, June 14, 2009 , Blogger Jojo said...

Susan, Thank you for the automatic music option. Sometimes during my lunch break at work I will try to catch up on blog reading. It is so embarrassing to suddenly have music playing in a quiet office setting!!! When blog reading in the evening hours the music is divine. Now we can have the best of both worlds!

 
At Sunday, June 14, 2009 , Anonymous Feedsack Fantasy said...

Madison is a natural born model ... beautiful young lady. Love your inspiration in posts ... TTFN ~ Marydon

 
At Sunday, June 14, 2009 , Blogger Elyse said...

hi susan,

the towel looks lovely. i think what you have created with your blog is so cool! i am so looking forward to my first tablescape tuesday!

xo

 
At Sunday, June 14, 2009 , Blogger Linda (Nina's Nest) said...

Susan, love the towel with your blog name - so sweet! Thanks for all your technology expertise - you really are a genius on all this stuff! Linda

 
At Sunday, June 14, 2009 , Blogger Renae Moore said...

Susan,
What a lovely gift...so sweet. Madison in that dress is too cute. I adore monogramming.
Blessings...

 
At Sunday, June 14, 2009 , Blogger Lisa (aka) French said...

Love the little towel how cute! Well I guess I would be a minority because I for one love music and love to see the selections others have ( oh well!) Thanks for hosting French;)

 
At Sunday, June 14, 2009 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for hosting another Met Monday Susan! I always enjoy your post- you are full of wonderful ideas and so willing to share them! THanks to you I now have big pictures on my blog- your step by step made it so easy!! THank you again!

Blessings
mary

 
At Sunday, June 14, 2009 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Susan I don't know if you can help or not but I was over at http://sandy-coppernthings.blogspot.com/2009/06/metamorphosis-monday-just-small-part-of.html#comments

I wanted to leave her a comment as I so desire to encourge the new bloggers but her page will not let us do so- is there some way we can let her know?

blessings
mary

 
At Sunday, June 14, 2009 , Blogger Pam @ Frippery said...

That towel is too cute! The birdcage lamp is wonderful too. I love Met Monday.

 
At Sunday, June 14, 2009 , Blogger Tootsie said...

good idea with the music. I have been a very busy girl and have once again got something to show for your MM!! sort of....it was a lot of work...maybe that is why I am so happy to share lol

 
At Sunday, June 14, 2009 , Blogger Jadehollow said...

Oh my gosh I love em.. and those lamps! I'm in love!!

 
At Sunday, June 14, 2009 , Blogger Pam @ Frippery said...

How do you keep playlist from starting automatically. That is a great idea but I am lost as to how to do it. Thanks for all the ideas and inspiration.

 
At Sunday, June 14, 2009 , Anonymous Linda's Blue Gate said...

That little bird cage lamp ....ohmygosh,,,,,, I gotta have one... tooo cute...
Thanks for all the greta tips..
HUgs
Linda

 
At Sunday, June 14, 2009 , Blogger Decor To Adore said...

Congratulations on your well deserved nominations. I have voted today and will go back again later.

Love the towel~sweet!

 
At Sunday, June 14, 2009 , Blogger podso said...

My first time posting on your Monday Met. Love that birdcage lamp--it's an eye catcher for sure. Have a great week!

 
At Sunday, June 14, 2009 , Blogger momstheword said...

I love the tea towel, so cute! What an adorable idea to have your blog name on there.

And love the hutch and all your little "houses" in there! It's so very pretty and homey, no pun intended!

 
At Sunday, June 14, 2009 , Blogger Cass @ That Old House said...

You've got some lovely, sweet things featured this Monday -- thanks! I really like that tea towel -- I'm thinking monogrammed fingertip towels would be awfully nice in our powder room...hmm...

I love that little girl's dress --and of course she is simply adorable. I sewed all my girls' clothes till they got too old to put up with it; I miss that and hope to be able to sew for grandkids someday!
Thanks as always for hosting -- going now to vote!
Cass

 
At Sunday, June 14, 2009 , Blogger Cottage Rose said...

Hello Susan; I now only love the monogram towel, but I love the cabinet it is on, and all your lovely eye candy... Where did you find those draw pulls they are so sweet looking... And a huge congratulations on the award, I will make sure I get my vote in for you, you so deserve it dear friend..

Have a lovely week.

Hugs;
Alaura

 
At Sunday, June 14, 2009 , Blogger Vanessa said...

Thanks for all your inspiration!

 
At Sunday, June 14, 2009 , Blogger Blue Creek Home said...

Susan, I am excited to participate in my first Met. Monday. I hope I did everything correctly - Blue Creek Home is only 2 weeks old - still learning as I go!! I enjoy reading Between Naps on the Porch and the photos are great. Thanks.
Rhon

 
At Sunday, June 14, 2009 , Blogger niartist said...

Thanks for hosting Susan, this is my first ever Met Monday. I hope I don't disappoint! :)

 
At Sunday, June 14, 2009 , Blogger The Bloom Girls said...

Hi Susan,
Today is my birthday (50...ouch!!)and I would like to thank you so much for the most unexpected, very special gift! It took me a few seconds to realize what I was reading when I opened you blog to link for Meta Monday. Your post is so complimentary and I cannot tell you how appreciative Karyn and I are that you would not only think of us, but post about our blog and upcoming boutique.
Thank you again Susan, you are so geniunely kind and generous, truly a gem!
Nola

 
At Monday, June 15, 2009 , Blogger Melissa Miller said...

That is the cutest towel ever! Love it Susan!.
Thanks for sharing the site.

I just voted for you too!
You definitly deserve it my friend.

Have a wonderful evening.
~Melissa :)

 
At Monday, June 15, 2009 , Blogger Karen at Nittany Inspirations said...

I love that bird cage lamp. BTW, thanks for muting the music. The songs are nice, but when you click on a link and they have music, too, it gets crazy.

 
At Monday, June 15, 2009 , Blogger Deborah said...

Too Cute! I just voted for you. Have you thought about placing it on your side bar to remind those of us who are forgetful that we can vote every day? **blows kisses** Deborah

 
At Monday, June 15, 2009 , Anonymous Connie said...

Oh Susan, you posted pictures of my favorite dishes. They are so colorful and bright and make me feel so happy.
I also love your monogramed towel which, of course, looks so good with the dishes.
I really like the outdoor setting "Dining by Candlelight" and the "Garden Party".
They both look so cosy.

This was a real treat !!!

 
At Monday, June 15, 2009 , Anonymous Mrs. Petrie said...

Congratulations on the nomination! Your blog really is beautiful. Stop by my blog for a giveaway- the prize would look great in one of your tablescapes. :)

 
At Monday, June 15, 2009 , Blogger Tales From My Empty Nest said...

I love anything monogrammed, but that towel with your blog name on it is just adorable!!! I usually have my own music going when on the computer, so I can do without extra music. Doing the sidebar will give viewers options, which should be good for all. Thanks and have a wonderful week. Love & blessings from NC!

 
At Monday, June 15, 2009 , Blogger Fifi Flowers said...

I LOVE those illustration plates!!! Shelf/cabinet looks great!!!

 
At Monday, June 15, 2009 , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks for inviting me to join in today in the carnival.

Lovely blog and lovely to "meet you".

 
At Monday, June 15, 2009 , Blogger Four Paws and Co said...

I voted!

What a lovely gift & so perfect! Madison is so adorable in her sweet little dress. Hmmm, they have some pretty awesome things, I think I need to go check out the lamps! ☺ Diane

 
At Monday, June 15, 2009 , Blogger Candy said...

Fun...way to make a statement.

Happy Monday,
Candy

 
At Monday, June 15, 2009 , Blogger Martha said...

The towel is so perfect! What a difference a few letters make. Congratulations on your nomination.

 
At Monday, June 15, 2009 , Blogger squawmama said...

Ok Susan I have made my way to the voting booth and cast my vote for you... I will do so everyday but you do having some catching up to do and now that you have announced it I am sure your number will go up by leaps & bounds... What cute things your friends at The Bloom Girls Boutique have. I will be sure to visit them since it looks like they have a lot of things that would make wonderful gifts. Have a super day and I sure hope your blog wins...

(((HUGS)))
Donna

 
At Monday, June 15, 2009 , Blogger Julie said...

Love this Met Monday post. It gives such great ideas to save money and be very creative with what you have... A little elbow grease and inspiration from sisters assures you don't have to be "talented" to create art and beauty in your home. It's fun to share with others.

 
At Monday, June 15, 2009 , Blogger The Raggedy Girl said...

Susan:

I have actually found some time this morning and thought I would visit a few of my favorite blogs.

I have been so busy but I really miss keeping up with everyone's posts.

I think of it as having a
neighborhood of good friends.

Everything you do is so lovely and your porch just gets better and better.

Have a Wonderful Week!
The Raggedy Girl

 
At Monday, June 15, 2009 , Blogger Tammy said...

I love monogrammed anything - and that towel is just beautiful! Your little model is a doll!

Congratulations on your nomination! I'll be voting! You deserve it! :)
Enjoy the week!

 
At Monday, June 15, 2009 , Blogger Anna said...

it's my first time participating here - I shared pictures of my kitchen with newly painted cabinets

 
At Monday, June 15, 2009 , Blogger Marie said...

Susan - this is my first Met Monday! Thank you for letting me join you all. I'm new to blogland. What a great way to meet new friends and see what others have "morphed."

Blessings,
Marie
http://emmacallsmemama.com

 
At Monday, June 15, 2009 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Susan I would give you a million votes if I could. I know I am just one of your many followers, but you really inspire me to get off my rear and get back to doing what I love. I know it's not much in the overall scheme of things, there are just so many beautiful homes and blogs out there, but you unknowingly have prodded me into realizing that my love of decorating had not left me completely with my illness, it was just a little dormant. Your beautiful and comfortable style makes me say "Aha, that's what I was aiming for." Not a carbon copy.. just the same cozy feeling in my home that you share with us from yours, week after week.

 
At Monday, June 15, 2009 , Blogger Mary said...

Oh, that is the perfect finishing touch to your beautiful porch! Am heading over right now to vote for you! :)

 
At Monday, June 15, 2009 , Blogger Ashley @ AshleysBusy said...

The birdcage lamp is darling!

 
At Monday, June 15, 2009 , Blogger Tracie said...

I have been following M.M. for months and am so thrilled to have gotten my blog together and participate this Monday!!! Thanks for hosting.... I adore your Blog!!!

 
At Monday, June 15, 2009 , Blogger Pinky said...

Susan, I just love your new embroidered towel! What a great gift idea! I will definitely go vote for you, you know that!!! And I csn do that every day!!!! I love Met Monday, now I'm off to see some others! Hugs, XOXO, Pinky

 
At Monday, June 15, 2009 , Blogger Pinky said...

Susan, just went over to vote for you, found your blog and clicked on "vote" but nothing happened to let me know I voted???? I hope it worked???? Hugs, Pinky

 
At Monday, June 15, 2009 , Blogger Suzanne in TX said...

I just have to say that this is such a clever "party". I guess it is too late for me to join this week, but maybe next week...
I love the hand towel--great job! I'm off to vote for you now--good luck.

 
At Tuesday, June 16, 2009 , Blogger Shaam said...

Congrats on your nomination! I just went and voted for you :) I love that tea pot! I used to have one just like it when I was a little girl! What a sweet towel too :)

All the best,
Allison

 
At Tuesday, June 16, 2009 , Blogger Ldy ~~ Dy said...

Oh your little towel is so sweet. Your blog name looks terrific on it!!
Congrats on the nomination. You deserve it! Your blog is a joy to read. Huggy Hugs!

 
At Tuesday, June 16, 2009 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

The towel is beautiful, but it is those tea cups that I want. They are too cute.

Willow

 
At Tuesday, June 16, 2009 , Anonymous Christi @ A Southern Life said...

Love anything with a monogram. The little butterflies are adorable. Very special. I'm really late getting around this week but so glad to see all the great ideas.

Christi

 
At Tuesday, June 16, 2009 , Anonymous Puna said...

Thank you so much for having this really fun linky party. It's been an immeasurable help and it's made my bathroom project so much more fun.

I've just linked an update.

 
At Tuesday, June 16, 2009 , Blogger Susan@The Cozy Chickadee said...

I love the monogrammed towel. It's darling! Cute lamp ideas, too.

 
At Wednesday, June 17, 2009 , Blogger Linda Q said...

Fun post Susan, I am still trying to catch up on viewing Mondays posts by everyone.
Love the towel, love the lamps and love that little cutie playing model!
Linda Q

 
At Wednesday, June 17, 2009 , Blogger Bab's Kitchen said...

Susan, I love your tablescape and your blog!

 
At Monday, June 22, 2009 , Blogger Dawn said...

Oh my, I can't tell you how flattered I am that you came by and are following my blog! Your downstairs family room is my all time favorite. I printed it out from RMS and stuck it in my CF book marking one of his paneled family room designs. I also read about your upstais family room and the shiny brass. I thought I was the only one who still liked it!I'm in good company now.
Thanks for the wonderful inspiration.
Dawn

 

Post a Comment

Have BNOTP delivered right to your feed reader or Inbox. Subscription links are located at the top right. Thanks so much for your comments. I love hearing your thoughts and ideas! I moderate comments so don't worry if your comment doesn't post immediately. BNOTP is a happy place, a drama-free zone. :) In that regard, comments that are snarky, mean-spirited or possibly hurtful to BNOTP's much-loved visitors, will not be posted. Thanks always for your comment. You are the very best part of Between Naps on the Porch!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home