This Page

has been moved to new address

China Storage... Welcome to the 20th Metamorphosis Monday!
Between Naps on the Porch: China Storage... Welcome to the 20th Metamorphosis Monday!

Between Naps on the Porch

Between Naps on the Porch is a lifestyle blog with an emphasis on Decorating, Tablescaping, Before and Afters, Thrify Finds, and Gardening.

Jun 1, 2009

China Storage... Welcome to the 20th Metamorphosis Monday!



Whew! Garage sale was a success...but I sure am glad it's over! :-) I just got in from biking 14 miles on the Silver Comet today...hope to share some pics of this gorgeous "rails-to-trails" path with you sometime soon.

For this Metamorphosis Monday, I'm sharing three Mini-Mets...little tweaks I've made recently around my home. Sometimes it's the little things that make a big difference in a room or space. Starting in the kitchen....this is the way the china storage in this area looked prior to a small change. See the center cabinet that contains some glassware and a large yellow mixing bowl?

And here's how it looks now...do you see the difference?

The change is with the center cabinet area...those three shelves in between the blue and white Blue Willow china and the red and white Spode's Tower china.

A few months ago, I purchased 12 place settings of white Gibson china from Big Lots for only $35 per 6 place settings. Michael at Designs by Gollum was the first to alert us to this awesome deal. I needed to find a good spot to store it since I knew I'd be using it a lot. That center cabinet had always bothered me...with the odd bowls and clear wine glasses...just didn't seem to fit. I really like the way the all white Gibson china separates the blue & white Blue Willow from the red and white Spode.

My second Mini-Met involves this little tea pot I found at A Classy Flea...it was missing it's lid. I didn't mind because...

Here's the bottom...

I thought it would make a cute little planter.

Wouldn't this be cute in a future tablescape? :-)
And the third Mini-Met for this Met Monday is a small change I made to the hutch on the screened-in porch. Over the years I've collected little abandoned bird's nest that I find in the yard...often they are just lying on the ground where they have blown from a tree. I thought they made for an interesting display on the hutch here on the porch. But, recently I decided it was time for a change...

Here's the new look with my favorite "porch" china...

This isn't as casual a look as the cute bird's nests...but I think I'm liking this for a little change. (China is Ma Maison by Tabletops Unlimited)
Thanks so much for stopping by...can't wait to see all the metamorphosis you've been working on for this Met Monday!

If you are participating in Metamorphosis Monday, please be sure to add your permalink below, and not your general blog address. If you aren't sure how to obtain your permalink or have any questions about using Mr. Linky for this post, just click HERE for detailed instructions.

Don't forget to copy and paste the Met Monday logo button to your computer so you can add it to your side bar and your Met Monday post. That way visitors will know that your are participating in Metamorphosis Monday.

Please be sure to link back to the host blog, Between Naps on the Porch, so your fellow bloggers who are participating today, will get lots of visits, as well.

Please do not add your link below until your Met Monday post is actually published to your blog.

Labels:

72 Comments:

At Sunday, May 31, 2009 , Blogger Kammy said...

Wow three Met Mondays and a garage sale ! You are a busy lady. Love the changes you made. The teapot is simply sweet !
Hugs ~ Kammy

 
At Sunday, May 31, 2009 , Blogger Richella Parham said...

I love your porch cabinet! The birds' nests were adorable, but your new look is really nice, too. And oh, how I love all your Spode dinnerware.

Thank you so much for Met Mondays. I think we all love seeing "before and after" pictures, and it's really nice of you to host this every week.

By the way, I'm a new blogger, and I'm still learning. . . and I can't figure out how to get your darling "button" onto my blog. Not sure what I'm doing wrong. Hoping to figure that out soon!

 
At Sunday, May 31, 2009 , Blogger WhisperWood Cottage said...

I love the addition of the white china in between the red and blue!

Amy

 
At Sunday, May 31, 2009 , Blogger Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

Hi Susan! I love your changes! You are right...small things can make a big difference! I especially like the changes in your cabinet! I'm really glad mine doesn't have glass...I'd be embararred!! lol have a great week!...hugs...Debbie

 
At Sunday, May 31, 2009 , Blogger Helen said...

I simply cannot stand it any longer... I will muster the courage to redesign my blog. Your new look is really amazing! I love your kitchen and love the enlarged photo layout!!!!

 
At Sunday, May 31, 2009 , Blogger Sandra said...

I love love it! I love the color of your hutch too!
I'm trying to convince hubby about painting our bedroom set. lol
Wish me luck.
Blessings,
Sandra

 
At Sunday, May 31, 2009 , Blogger Sharing with Sherri said...

Wow! I'm so envious of all your energy!! Garage sale, 14 mile bike ride and still time and energy to rearrange things!

Your kitchen is very nice! and how fortunate you are to have so much space to store all your many dishes!
Your teapot planter is adorable, and your new arrangement on your cute little green hutch looks fabulous!! You are so inspiring!

Thanks for sharing!
sherri:)

 
At Sunday, May 31, 2009 , Blogger Tammy518 said...

I love all the little changes you've made. Sometimes small changes can really make such a difference. Happy Met Monday!

 
At Sunday, May 31, 2009 , Blogger Madame Meg said...

Oh, your porch china is wonderful! And it looks perfect against the green of your hutch (which I also adore! Might have to steal that idea!) Thanks for hosting us all!
- Meg

 
At Sunday, May 31, 2009 , Blogger Jadehollow said...

Love the addition of the white between the blue and red.. Gonna head to Big Lots and see if I can luck up and find those.
Debbie

 
At Sunday, May 31, 2009 , Blogger {oc cottage} said...

I am just green with envy! LOVE IT!

m ^..^

 
At Sunday, May 31, 2009 , Blogger Unknown said...

I can only with to be that organized... :)
~Really Rainey~

 
At Sunday, May 31, 2009 , Blogger Painter's Place said...

I love all of your changes. You have such a gorgeour house!

 
At Sunday, May 31, 2009 , Blogger Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

I have the wonderful Big Lots dishes too and they are really great seperating the blue and red dishes. The little changes do make a huge difference. The teapot planter is so cute also. It really would be great in a tablescape. Love the new look of the hutch because I LOVE those dishes. Everything is just gorgeous. Hugs, Marty

 
At Sunday, May 31, 2009 , Anonymous Feedsack Fantasy said...

I too, use old teapots & cups, etc., for planters. At one point I used old vintage broken plates as edging for the flower beds ... that was awesome. Who cared what happened to them since they were already damaged ... but it created a unique & colorful garden trim.

Loved the 'tour' & what you have done in the house. Very pretty & colorful.
TTFN ~ Marydon

 
At Sunday, May 31, 2009 , Blogger xinex said...

Love all the changes, Susan, especially the white dishes. Now it looks patriotic too, just in time for Independence Day. I am in love with your porch dishes, always have....Christine

 
At Sunday, May 31, 2009 , Blogger Nancy Wyatt said...

Love how you changed things up, the teapot is adorable as a planter and the china on the hutch is simply divine! Hugs from Conroe, TX!

 
At Sunday, May 31, 2009 , Blogger Traci@ Beneath My Heart said...

Love the changes you made! I couldn't believe it when I saw the Gibson white dishes in your cabinet! I got some at Goodwill for about $9.00 a couple of months ago. They were missing the bowls, but I have loved using them. I actually had them in my
"hutch re-do" that I posted on Met. Monday last week! For some reason, now that I know you have some, I think I love them even more! :) Blessings,
Traci

 
At Sunday, May 31, 2009 , Blogger imjacobsmom said...

Sweet changes! ~ Robyn

 
At Sunday, May 31, 2009 , Blogger Jean said...

I love the changes to the cupboard in your screened in porch. I really love the cupboard color. It is really nice. Have a wonderful week.
Jean in Virginia

 
At Sunday, May 31, 2009 , Blogger Helen Joy said...

I love how your cabinets turned out! The white in the middle made all the difference! I just came across your site from...who knows where! But I'm going to stick around for sure!

 
At Sunday, May 31, 2009 , Blogger janet said...

your china is so pretty and small changes can make a big difference, looks fantastic! Your teapot is adorable with the plant in it. Love the green hutch, i cant imagine having a porch like this, its like another room, i would be in heaven.
hugs
janet

 
At Sunday, May 31, 2009 , Blogger Deborah said...

I love everything about your home, but that little tea pot really made me smile. **blows kisses** Deborah

 
At Sunday, May 31, 2009 , Blogger Rattlebridge Farm said...

The Gibson dishes look beautiful in your cupboard! I love your tweaks to the porch; and the lidless teapot made an adorable planter. Can't wait to hear about your bike trip.
Hugs,
Gollum

 
At Sunday, May 31, 2009 , Anonymous Christi @ A Southern Life said...

I love all of these, but, my favorite is that teapot as a planter. I'm going to have to use that idea!

 
At Sunday, May 31, 2009 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, Dearest One! I love those glass cabinet doors and you've dressed the shelves just perfectly! Love the looks of your dishes shining through!
The little tea pot is just darling, but my favorite is the redecoration of your porch hutch! I love these dishes and I'm still kicking myself for not buying them. I do have a few pieces - the cookie jar, pitcher, s & p - oh, but I love these. They just do make me smile!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia :)

 
At Sunday, May 31, 2009 , Blogger Melissa Miller said...

Susan it's all looking good! :)
The hutch is really pretty and looks bigger somehow.

 
At Sunday, May 31, 2009 , Blogger Shaam said...

Great changes :) I love the red white and blue in your cabinets it's so perfect for summer! :)

All the best,
Allison

 
At Monday, June 01, 2009 , Blogger Lisa (aka) French said...

The cabinets look great...I wish I had that many pretty ones to show off;) French xoxo

 
At Monday, June 01, 2009 , Blogger Linda in AZ * said...

* I'll bet ALOT of us would have LOVED your "GARAGE-of-GOODIES SALE", Sweet Susan!!!

The cabnets look soooo much more "refined" and "classic" the way you reorganized them~~~~ just LOVELY, TO THE MAX!!!!

Big hugs,
Linda *

 
At Monday, June 01, 2009 , Blogger Patricia @ ButterYum said...

HUGE improvement in you kitchen!!! Definitely huge. One observation though... is the tea cup at the very top supposed to have it's handle facing in the opposite direction of all the other tea cups? It's a symmetry thing for me ;).

I like your other tweaks too!
Nice job.

 
At Monday, June 01, 2009 , Blogger Tamara Jansen said...

Your China is adorable! Where do you find it all?!

 
At Monday, June 01, 2009 , Blogger Chandy said...

Great little changes, Susan! The white dishes, the cute teapot and the new look for the hutch is all such crisp difference for your home!

 
At Monday, June 01, 2009 , Blogger Lorna ~ Lace and Ivy Cottage said...

Susan,
I loved your mini mets! It's amazing how little changes make such a big difference. I wish I could have gone to your garage sale, I would've snatched your wicker chair!

 
At Monday, June 01, 2009 , Blogger Four Paws and Co said...

Great changes! Love the white dishes in the center cabinet now. It's more cohesive a look. The teapot is so sweet, now when's it going to make an appearance in a tablescape? Your hutch is gorgeous & really love the new do. The dishes are so pretty. ☺♥☺ Diane

 
At Monday, June 01, 2009 , Blogger Fifi Flowers said...

Love all your glass front cabinets and dishware... looks GREAT!

 
At Monday, June 01, 2009 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is my first Metamorphisis to participate in on your blog. I have been a lurker every Monday and I decided to jump on the bandwagon. I love your kitchen cabinets and the dished look so perfect!

 
At Monday, June 01, 2009 , Anonymous Roeshel said...

Every time I see your home...I'm just so envious! Your kitchen is gorgeous - love the new mini-met as well as the change on the porch! Both looks so pretty! The teapot planter is such a cute idea too! :)

 
At Monday, June 01, 2009 , Blogger Betsy Brock said...

Beautiful as usual, Susan! I'm always inspired when I come here! Little changes do make a big difference!

 
At Monday, June 01, 2009 , Blogger The Raggedy Girl said...

Isn't it fun to putter around the old homestead making nice. It is my favorite part of home keeping. Everything looks so nice.


The Raggedy Girl

 
At Monday, June 01, 2009 , Blogger ~ ~ Ahrisha ~ ~ said...

Love the tea pot planter. Great idea. . .and your porch dishes are so pretty. Now that I'm getting the screened porch whipped into shape I really need some dishes to use out there. Gotta get to Big Lots! Thanks Susan~ ~Ahrisha~ ~

 
At Monday, June 01, 2009 , Blogger Sami said...

*longing sigh* I wish I had a similar collection of transferware. Love the met mondays.

Samantha

 
At Monday, June 01, 2009 , Blogger Ribbonwood Cottage said...

Susan, that hutch on your porch gets to me everytime I see it. I now realize I need a hutch on my vintage porch. We have a vintage oven, and small vintage refrigerator that holds cold drinks on our porch....now I need a vintage hutch to complete the look. I can't tell you how much I love your porch. It is therapeutic for me just looking at your photos today! Big smile!
Thank you,
Debbie

 
At Monday, June 01, 2009 , Anonymous Christi @ A Southern Life said...

By the way, love the new look for your blog!

 
At Monday, June 01, 2009 , Blogger Casabella Cottage said...

The teapot is perfect. I"m going to have to try that. Liz

 
At Monday, June 01, 2009 , Blogger Carolyn said...

I love your cabinets with all the beautiful china.
Your porch always looks lovely but I like little changes too.
Carolyn

 
At Monday, June 01, 2009 , Blogger Glenda/MidSouth said...

Everything looks so pretty! 14 miles?!?! I have not been on a bike in so long, I probabley would not make it around the block.
Glenda

 
At Monday, June 01, 2009 , Blogger Crystal said...

I love your hutch. I have been looking for one that size for a long time.

 
At Monday, June 01, 2009 , Blogger Sarah said...

I love the teapot planter! I did that but with fake flowers. I love your idea though, might want to change it for the summer! :)

 
At Monday, June 01, 2009 , Blogger Risa said...

Love your style! Thanks for sharing :-)

 
At Monday, June 01, 2009 , Blogger Linda Q said...

Susan, some great Mini Mets. I bet you love looking at your dinnerware all the more with the redo in the cabinets.
Linda Q

 
At Monday, June 01, 2009 , Blogger Melanie@TheOldWhiteCottage said...

I'm new to your blog and I just noticed that you have a green china cabinet on your porch. I just bought a china cabinet on Sunday to put on my patio and I plan to convert it to a sort of potting bench and paint it ... what else? Green! Yours looks great!

 
At Monday, June 01, 2009 , Blogger Chari at Happy To Design said...

Hello Dearheart...

Girl, you are a busy little bee! I'm so glad that your yard sale went well...I would have loved making that yard sale!!!

Your kitchen is soooo beautiful, my friend...I always enjoy seeing it! I love the change that you made to your cabinets! Ohhhh yes, the Gibson white dishes are soooo perfect in between the blues and the reds!!! What a difference...I love it!!! Love how you redecorated your pretty hutch on the porch...you know that I absolutely adore your Ma Maison dishware!!! I loved how you had it before but it's always nice to change things up once in awhile!!! It looks fabulous!!! Ohhhh...and that pretty potted teapot is beautiful...Uh huh, I can see it in a future tablescape as well...can't wait to see what you do with it!!!

Well Darlin'...thank you so much for sharing your beautiful home with all of us...I love all of your changes!!!

Have a marvelous Monday!
Love ya,
Chari

 
At Monday, June 01, 2009 , Blogger Barb said...

Hi Susan, I love it all but the hutch is my favorite. Your decorating is so fresh!!! Beautiful.

Barb

 
At Monday, June 01, 2009 , Blogger Scooterblu's Whimsy~Rhonda said...

Your dishes are divine! Love them all! :) And the tea pot is just precious as a planter!

Sorry I missed Met Monday today. I have been working on some projects, but the weather and busy schedule has prohibited completion! Hopefully next week! :) ~hugs, Rhonda

 
At Monday, June 01, 2009 , Blogger Salmagundi said...

All of your mini-mets made such a difference. I'm encouraged to do some small things around here. Thanks, Sally

 
At Monday, June 01, 2009 , Blogger Pinky said...

I am so late getting here but so glad I made it! Love your changes! I never bought the "Big Lots" china cause I just couldn't figure out WHERE I would store it!!!! Now wish I had it but.....I love your hutch on your porch however you have it, and I KNOW how it is to just NEED a change sometimes! I change little things so much my poor DH feels like he comes into a new house sometimes:):) I get the BUG for something different and off I go!! Sure do wish I could have come to your garage sale!!!!! Hugs, xoxox, Pinky

 
At Monday, June 01, 2009 , Blogger Lady Katherine said...

Your white Gibson dishes look so great to between the blue and red. I love the whole change up on the hutch! Little touches add so much to each area! Love your makeover!!!
PS I hit the button that had last weeks post on it,so sorry, I added the second one to my post today on my dishes, Gollum is showing on her blog today.

 
At Monday, June 01, 2009 , Blogger Lady Katherine said...

I love the tea pot! Great for a Tablescape! Or a Tea! lol I love your new look, it loads faster and it is easier to read! For me, that is! lol

 
At Monday, June 01, 2009 , Blogger Charlene said...

Loved all the little "changes" The bunny topiary for the porch hutch is cute. I used to have one. Wonder where he hopped off to? I bought some cream colored dishes at Marshall's & they have scratched a bit when people cut on them. Have you had that trouble with any of yours? A friend of mine went up to visit her daughter & said she stopped at a shopping area she thought she read about on your blog. I will have to get all the deatails. SHE LOVED IT! She hasn't stated a blog YET but, I think we'll get her yet. Have a great week.

 
At Monday, June 01, 2009 , Blogger Tootsie said...

I almost did add myself to the metamorph monday....but it was too late and I admit to being really lazy!
no worries...I will be linking up soon enough...lots on the go here!
you should add yourself to my Friday Flaunt your Flowers Fertilizer Friday meme...I know you have lots of pretty blooms in your gardens!
I will see you next week (I hope) lol

 
At Monday, June 01, 2009 , Blogger Mary said...

Oh Susan, how I love that adorable little teapot! I can't wait to see if you do a tablescape with it. Your dishes look so beautiful in the cabinets, and I just love those special porch dishes. Beautiful!

 
At Monday, June 01, 2009 , Blogger The Barnett Family said...

You are a girl after my own heart....you have to of my most loved china patterns....blue willow and pink tower (my wedding china pattern)! I have always wanted to use "real" bird nests, but I was afraid too because of diseases and such. Do you do anything special to the bird nests??? They look sooo much better than the fake ones in the stores. Thanks!!

 
At Tuesday, June 02, 2009 , Blogger Historical sites with charmine said...

I find myself popping over from time to time and why not?you have so much going on here and i love all the events.I came across this blog today and i think you'll like it http://etiquettewithmissjanice.blogspot.com/ she a fine southern lady...i told her to visit you,could'nt help it.

 
At Tuesday, June 02, 2009 , Blogger KBeau said...

I love your little tweaks. I think my house needs lots of little tweaking--mostly in closets and behind cabinet doors!

 
At Tuesday, June 02, 2009 , Blogger Candy said...

You must be a ball of energy...a 14 mile ride after the G.S.
Looking forward to seeing rails-to-trails photos.
Little changes but big difference. Always fun to have a new refresh look.

Enjoy,
Candy

 
At Tuesday, June 02, 2009 , Blogger Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

Okay Susan, I am officially giving you the title of Superwoman! A garage sale, a 14 mile bike ride and 3 wonderful Mini Mets! Wow! I love the way your china is displayed. Do you have a groove for the plates in the back, or are they on a stand, or are they just propped up there? Your tea pot is gorgeous, and I love it used as a planter. If it had a lid on it, it would just stay in a cabinet somewhere most of the time. This way, it is displayed all of the time. Your hutch in your sunroom looks wonderful no matter how you arrange it. Isn't it fun to rearrange something and feel almost like you have something new? Great post as always. laurie

 
At Tuesday, June 02, 2009 , Blogger Ldy ~~ Dy said...

Ahh...I have always wanted to have see through glass cabinet doors over my kitchen counters. Yours look so nice. All very organized and beautifully easy to see and admire. Your blog is a constant inspiration. Oh...and I too am getting ready for a yard sale this weekend! I can relate to all the work to prepare for it!! Whew!!!Glad yours was a success! Hugs!

 
At Tuesday, June 02, 2009 , Blogger Brenda Pruitt said...

Well, a girl's got to have change or life gets boring! I wish I had that much room for dishes! Here I've been collecting them of late like crazy and haven't a clue where I'll put them all. You've such a sweet porch.
Brenda

 
At Tuesday, June 02, 2009 , Blogger Tomarie said...

Hi Susan!!
Your transformations look amazing! And your so right...it's often the little changes that make such a nice impact! And so fun "tweaking" the little things to create a whole new look!
I am now officially out of school...and have just cleaned for 5 solid days straight!! Whew! :-)
Going camping this weekend and then hope to visit in blogland again...sure have missed ya friend! :-)
(Love the background and bigger pics btw!)
Love ya! L~

 
At Tuesday, June 02, 2009 , Blogger Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Susan, check out my blog. I am taking a poll to see who would like to join a Cloche Party. Let me know. Thanks. Hugs, Marty

 
At Thursday, June 04, 2009 , Blogger Sandi McBride said...

loved all your lovely china...so lovely and I adore finding odd pieces at yard sales and flea markets then having a nice blend of beauty on the table! Candy told me I'd enjoy this...smart girl our Candy
Sandi

 

Post a Comment

Have BNOTP delivered right to your feed reader or Inbox. Subscription links are located at the top right. Thanks so much for your comments. I love hearing your thoughts and ideas! I moderate comments so don't worry if your comment doesn't post immediately. BNOTP is a happy place, a drama-free zone. :) In that regard, comments that are snarky, mean-spirited or possibly hurtful to BNOTP's much-loved visitors, will not be posted. Thanks always for your comment. You are the very best part of Between Naps on the Porch!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home