This Page

has been moved to new address

One More Garden Seat Post
Between Naps on the Porch: One More Garden Seat Post

Between Naps on the Porch

Between Naps on the Porch is a lifestyle blog with an emphasis on Decorating, Tablescaping, Before and Afters, Thrify Finds, and Gardening.

Apr 20, 2012

One More Garden Seat Post

I know, I know.  I'm beating the garden-seat horse to death.   No, wait...is it a dead, garden-seat horse to death?  Oh, never mind.

When I last left you I had purchased this cute little garden seat for the screened-in porch.  That was the plan.

White Garden Seat, Garden Stool with a reticulated quatrefoil design


Well, you know what they say about "best laid plans."   Once I brought it upstairs...

Ceramic Garden Seat, Garden Stool in the Guest Room


And tried it out as a little side table for this reading corner in the guest room, I didn't want to take it away.

Ceramic Garden Seat, Garden Stool


 I really, really liked how it looked here.

White Garden Seat, Garden Stool with a reticulated quatrefoil design


So there was just one thing to do.  I followed your wonderful "Ross" suggestion in the comments on the two garden seat posts HERE and HERE.  See, this is really all your fault!

Barrel-Shaped, Green Garden Seat, Garden Stool


I headed over to a Ross where I found a jolly, green giant.  During my "extensive" shopping for garden seats I learned that not all garden stools are created equal.  This one weighs a TON!  It's a bit more crudely made and the paint job isn't the very best in the world, but it was only $30!   Yay!   Now there's just one thing left to decide.

Barrel-Shaped, Green Garden Seat, Garden Stool


Would you like lemon with your tea?

Barrel-Shaped, Green Garden Seat, Garden Stool

Labels: , ,

58 Comments:

At Friday, April 20, 2012 , Blogger Sewconsult said...

It's perfect in its not-perfect way! Now I want one, but really would have to find a spot in the sunroom for it. Wonder if I can find one in blue or white?
Beckie in Brentwood, TN

 
At Friday, April 20, 2012 , Blogger Donna Urso said...

$30, are you kidding me? No Ross stores in my neck of the woods. I need a garden seat. The search continues...

 
At Friday, April 20, 2012 , Blogger Maria Elena said...

Oooooh, Susan! It looks beautiful! The green color is so perfect for your porch! It goes so well with your chair cushions! I am so glad you found one and such great price! Very, very pretty!

 
At Friday, April 20, 2012 , Blogger Phyllis @Around the House said...

Love the cute garden stool...the color matches the strip in the cushion so perfect...my friend sometimes puts a piece of glass on top about 4 inches bigger then the top and then sometimes she takes the glass off...such a great choice....love it...phyllis

 
At Friday, April 20, 2012 , Blogger Susan (Between Naps On The Porch.net) said...

Beckie, I bet you can. The Ross I was in just had green, but I stopped by Pier 1 and they had them in several colors. Some were very ornate with colorful designs. They were a bit more expensive there...one was $99 and another one was $119. Ross seems to have the best price if you don't mind the less-than-perfect paint job. Some folks have also found them in Big Lots, although I didn't have any luck there.

 
At Friday, April 20, 2012 , Blogger Susan (Between Naps On The Porch.net) said...

Donna, check Big Lots this summer if you have one near you. I wouldn't be surprised in Walmart didn't get them in. Overstock.com has them and shipping is really affordable.

 
At Friday, April 20, 2012 , Blogger Susan (Between Naps On The Porch.net) said...

Thanks, Maria! I lucked out on the color working with the cushions.

 
At Friday, April 20, 2012 , Blogger Susan (Between Naps On The Porch.net) said...

Phyllis, that's a great idea. Probably need to glue it down with a really strong adhesive if pets or children are around, just so they don't pull it down onto themselves, but that would definitely increase the "table" area. I think I'll just use this one as is so it can act as additional seating if needed.

 
At Friday, April 20, 2012 , Blogger joijoi80 said...

i like..beautiful ..

 
At Friday, April 20, 2012 , Blogger Unknown said...

Yay!!!! So glad you found another one. And you beat my bargain of $49.00! Way to go. I really do love the Citrus Green color, it's perfect!
XO Cindy

 
At Friday, April 20, 2012 , Blogger Linda (More Fun Less Laundry) said...

Hi Susan! I think this is the perfect solution! The white one seems more refined for the bedroom and the green color fits into your porch decor and looks a little more outdoorsy. Now I want one too, but what color? On another note, I finally used the dragonfly napkin rings on my Thursday table this week and I think they are so lovely. I use them often but this is the first time I posted them. See the influence you have on us? I am so happy I found them. Have a wonderful weekend. Linda

 
At Friday, April 20, 2012 , Blogger Pinky at Designs by Pinky said...

30 BUCKS!!!!!!!!???????????? That is fabulous, even if it only lasts a few years!!!! I am going to ROSS!!!! Love both of them and I actually like the green one better on the porch, makes the cushions POP! XO, Pinky

 
At Friday, April 20, 2012 , Blogger Courtenay@Creek Line House said...

I can never get enough of your guest room! And what a deal you found!

 
At Friday, April 20, 2012 , Blogger Susan (Between Naps On The Porch.net) said...

Thanks, Cindy! Still loving "our" garden seat from HomeGoods, though. :)

 
At Friday, April 20, 2012 , Blogger Susan (Between Naps On The Porch.net) said...

Linda, I thought the same thing...the green one is a lot more rugged and heavier...perfect for a porch. I loved your table setting...gorgeous! So glad you found some of the dragon fly napkin rings. I noticed they have them in again this spring at the Pier 1 near my home.

 
At Friday, April 20, 2012 , Blogger Susan (Between Naps On The Porch.net) said...

Pinky, I think this thing will be around long after we are gone...it's heavy and solid! Did I mention it's heavy?!!! Thanks...I like it better with the cushions, too. :)

 
At Friday, April 20, 2012 , Blogger Susan (Between Naps On The Porch.net) said...

Awww, thanks, Courtenay! It may be a little "out of style" by today's standards, but I still like it. :)

 
At Friday, April 20, 2012 , Blogger Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

PERFECTION.

Ya done goodly, lady cakes.

And now everytime you see them - and their perfectly situated stations - you will be happy inside.

Long Live Blogland!

Love it.

 
At Friday, April 20, 2012 , Blogger Glenda said...

Oh, I like the more rustic look on the porch. And that white one goes perfectly upstairs. The little cutouts match the checks in your chair.

 
At Friday, April 20, 2012 , Blogger Chris said...

Hahahahaha.....Susan, you and I are so alike. When we get a bee in our bonnet, we're on a mission and nothing is right til we finish. Your garden seats are perfect!

 
At Friday, April 20, 2012 , Blogger Susan (Between Naps On The Porch.net) said...

:) Chris, you get it! Thank you! lol I think I'm really done, now. :)

 
At Friday, April 20, 2012 , Blogger Susan (Between Naps On The Porch.net) said...

Glenda, that's a great point! Thanks!

 
At Friday, April 20, 2012 , Blogger Susan (Between Naps On The Porch.net) said...

lol Thanks, Michele! Yes, long live Blogland! :)

 
At Friday, April 20, 2012 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You did good, Susan! Love how your little garden stool looks on your porch and love the color! Have a great weekend.
be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

 
At Friday, April 20, 2012 , Blogger Susan (Between Naps On The Porch.net) said...

Thanks, Shelia! You, too!

 
At Friday, April 20, 2012 , Blogger Marsha said...

I love the yummy green color! Enjoy both of your garden seats in their new homes.

 
At Friday, April 20, 2012 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

It looks beautiful in your guest bedroom! My search is on!

 
At Friday, April 20, 2012 , Anonymous Madonna said...

Somethings were meant to be.

You have such good taste, and you have been so generous with your info/finds. Thank you.

 
At Friday, April 20, 2012 , Blogger Tardevil said...

Dang it, Susan! It's all your fault! ;o) I bought a green one, today, too! I wanted the kind you got (which is like the white one I saw in Big Lots last year), but my Ross didn't have any. However, we had a new Home Goods open in my town today, and I was invited to the 'preview event' (guess that makes me a Maxx-i-nista! Ha!), and I got a green one there for $49.99. I'm going to use it on the porch at the beach. First one I've tried outside. Hope it holds up nicely. Aren't they fun? I love anything pottery!

 
At Friday, April 20, 2012 , Blogger Elizabeth L. said...

If you are worried about using glass on top try plexi-glass it won't break. I think Lowes will cut it to size? Maybe not if you need round. :(

 
At Saturday, April 21, 2012 , Blogger Liz said...

Never saw a stool like this before, but I really love it! Liz

 
At Saturday, April 21, 2012 , Blogger Pat M said...

what a deal! I liked the white in both spaces but the green is definitely for the porch.

 
At Saturday, April 21, 2012 , Blogger Pat M said...

I liked the white one in both spaces but the green is perfect for the porch.

 
At Saturday, April 21, 2012 , Blogger Mary said...

Congratulations! We take full blame for this wonderful garden seat purchase! It really does look great. The green is a much better choice for the porch and the white one belongs upstairs in the guest room ;)

 
At Saturday, April 21, 2012 , Blogger Liz@ HomeandGardeningWithLiz said...

Looks great! I like the pop of green! Love the white one in your guest room too!
I saw one at TJ Maxx the other day so there's another resource- in fact it was really nice with a classic white/blue oriental design!

 
At Saturday, April 21, 2012 , Blogger Lynn said...

Lemon with honey, please. Good for you. Again you have chosen the perfect solution.

 
At Saturday, April 21, 2012 , Blogger Lynn said...

Lemon with honey, please. Good for you. Again you have chosen the perfect solution.

 
At Saturday, April 21, 2012 , Blogger Barbara Neubeck said...

Hi Susan,
The white garden seat looks fabulous in your guest room as a side table. I love your blue and white guest room.
I think the green seat/side table is perfect on the porch.
I take my tea with milk, Thank You.
God Bless
Barb from Australia

 
At Saturday, April 21, 2012 , Blogger Mulberries and Lace said...

I thought I had seen it, so quick went back and checked. This cute little seat is from Ballard's and high dollar, now on sale for $99. Good find Susan and it fits so nicely on your beautiful "porch". ~m

 
At Saturday, April 21, 2012 , Blogger Dee ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ said...

Hi Susan,

I adore both. I remember seeing them back in the 80's. I'm glad it's popular again :)

Dee

 
At Saturday, April 21, 2012 , Blogger Jane@Cottage at the Crossroads said...

Both of them look perfect in their new homes!

 
At Saturday, April 21, 2012 , Blogger SheilaG @ Plum Doodles said...

I love it! I make those multiple trips as well, looking for the perfect thing that just won't leave my head. The green is perfect in the sun room and I just love the white one in the bedroom. They both look like they were made for those very spots. Good job!

 
At Saturday, April 21, 2012 , Blogger Cottage Rose said...

I love them both; the one in the guest room is just perfect for that spot... and I do like the green one as well,,,,, and yes Lemon please..... guess I will have to go and hunt one down for me...... have a great weekend

Hugs;
Alaura

 
At Saturday, April 21, 2012 , Blogger Marlis said...

So glad you found the second one.. the color is perfect on the porch.. xo marlis

 
At Saturday, April 21, 2012 , Blogger FABBY'S LIVING said...

They're fun. I'm glad you could find the second one. There's a store here where they have them, but I don't have a place for one, but I love them too! They're great! Hugs,
FABBY

 
At Saturday, April 21, 2012 , Blogger Barb S said...

I love the garden seats...they both look like they were made for the rooms they are in. I wish I could find the deals that you get.....enjoy!

 
At Saturday, April 21, 2012 , Blogger sharonavinger said...

I LOVE the green one on the porch. And you're right - the white one is perfect for that bedroom. I bought a teal square one for our sun room from Southeastern Salvage here in Columbia, SC. It is big and only cost $88. Deal.

 
At Saturday, April 21, 2012 , Anonymous Barbara said...

Well. I think you killed one bird with 2 stones! They both look like they're just where they should be in your home and on your porch.

 
At Saturday, April 21, 2012 , Blogger Princess Kate said...

Looks like everything found the right home (for now). Looks great.

 
At Saturday, April 21, 2012 , Blogger Princess Kate said...

Looks like everything found the right home (for now). Looks great.

 
At Sunday, April 22, 2012 , Blogger Unknown said...

I'll take some lemon :) love your blog...

 
At Sunday, April 22, 2012 , Blogger martinealison said...

Ces grandes céramiques sont vraiment magnifiques... Je n'en avais jamais vu auparavant.
Merci pour ces magnifiques photos.
Gros bisous

 
At Sunday, April 22, 2012 , Blogger Unknown said...

I have been looking for a cheaper table like that forever!! I'm going to head over to the Ross near here and see if they have one. Thank you so much for this post, you really can't beat that $30 price tag :)

 
At Monday, April 23, 2012 , Blogger Haworth said...

That color green looks lovely on the porch, Susan, especially with all your greenery. A perfect pop of color! And the white one is just right in the bedroom. Well done!

 
At Tuesday, April 24, 2012 , Blogger Bliss said...

Yes I would like lemon with my tea, but I can't decide if I want to drink it on your swing or Marlene's lounger.

~Bliss~

 
At Thursday, April 26, 2012 , Blogger A Cottage in the Clouds said...

The green one is as perfect for the porch as the white one is for the guest room. You should feel proud to have found two incredible bargains that fit your rooms so perfectly. Just to make you feel even better, I paid $214.00 for mine.

 
At Saturday, May 12, 2012 , Blogger jerseygirl211 said...

I'm not sure that my first comment post went thru, I had to put in a new password, shows you how long it's been since I sent a comment. But what I wrote was.....

WOW!!!!! TWO GARDEN SEATS SUSAN. I've been wanting to get one since I bought one for my girlfriend back in the 1980's. Lime green was my choice, but your while one sure is beautiful. I keep dropping hints to my kids, when they ask what they can get me, for one of those special occassions, but it falls on deaft ears. Enjoy yours, your house looks fantastic, like always.
'D'

 
At Saturday, May 12, 2012 , Blogger Susan (Between Naps On The Porch.net) said...

Thanks, D! Check out the one at Ballard Designs online. It may be the color you want. Their price isn't too bad. If you have a HomeGood, Big Lots or Ross near you, you may find one for even less. Oh, Pier 1 has a pretty green one in right now, also...price isn't too bad...not as low as Big Lots or Ross, but the quality is really nice. I hope you find one you love.

 

Post a Comment

Have BNOTP delivered right to your feed reader or Inbox. Subscription links are located at the top right. Thanks so much for your comments. I love hearing your thoughts and ideas! I moderate comments so don't worry if your comment doesn't post immediately. BNOTP is a happy place, a drama-free zone. :) In that regard, comments that are snarky, mean-spirited or possibly hurtful to BNOTP's much-loved visitors, will not be posted. Thanks always for your comment. You are the very best part of Between Naps on the Porch!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home