This Page

has been moved to new address

Antiquing and Thrifting for the Weekend
Between Naps on the Porch: Antiquing and Thrifting for the Weekend

Between Naps on the Porch

Between Naps on the Porch is a lifestyle blog with an emphasis on Decorating, Tablescaping, Before and Afters, Thrify Finds, and Gardening.

Apr 14, 2012

Antiquing and Thrifting for the Weekend

It's been ages since we took an antiquing/thrifting trip.  I've gotten several emails/comments asking for another trip, so let's go!   Let's start with A Classy Flea, one of my fave haunts for great deals. (Click any photo to enlarge, click the back arrow to return to the post.)



Just outside the front door I saw a fun, beachy sign.  I could so do with a beach trip about right now.  How about you?



Not using your old armoire for a TV now?  Remove the doors and add shelving to turn it into a pretty display cabinet.



Nice, big table for the dining room...



Another great display cabinet: $179



These armoires are Baker...you don't get much better than Baker.



I remember when armoires like this sold for several thousand $.  These were only $395 each!  Crazy good pricing!



I'm always drawn to these cute wicker planters.  They are great for sunrooms.  $85



An upholstered bench...be great for a front porch. $225



This book was filled with killer recipes from Bed & Breakfast Inns across the country.



This dropleaf table was so much prettier in person...photo doesn't do it justice.  It would be fabulous as a "sofa desk" behind a large sofa.  I can see it with a lamp and covered with family photos.  When both sides (dropleaf) are raised, the table becomes a full size dining table.  It was in great condition and I couldn't believe it was only $88.  It was hard for me to pass it up but unfortunately I have no place to use a table this size.  This would also be a great piece for a library that doubles as a dining room for special occasions/dinners.



Another pretty display cabinet:



Wicker coffee table...great for a porch or sunroom. $49



This cabinet was fascinating in its design.



Come a bit closer and check it out.



The front was designed with a 3-D appearance.  The "books" actually appear to be sticking out of the front.  It was $295.



This piece was already sold so no price tag.



Queen size bed: $170.   It is beautiful, as is, but I think it would be great painted, too.  Would you paint it or leave it as is?  If you painted it, what color would you choose?



Love these swan vases.  $12.50 for the set.



This chest was a pretty gray color...looks lighter in the photo.  $95.



The top was painted with a fun stripe design.



Love the beachy vibe of this blue and white stripe, slip-covered chair.  It would be fabulous in a room with a nautical design.  $129



Another pretty bed complete with footboard.  Just $99



White wicker chairs: $59 each.  Vintage French Provencial chest was $99.



Blue and white china: $6.50 per plate



Great bird cage...$39.95  The blue table was $349.



A pretty china cabinet...sorry, didn't get the price.



Bench made from a bed head board: $99



Notice the rope handles on this piece.  I could see some heavy, white nautical-rope handles if this was in a beach house: $149



Cute container!  $12



Table and 4 chairs...would look great painted, too. $299 for table and chairs.



Earlier this spring I stopped by the newly opened Woodstock Market.  Come along and check it out!

Gorgeous old mirror...$399



Another beautiful mirror: $165



This reminds me of the chandeliers I've seen in Ballard Designs.  Didn't see a price.



Cool design for a floor lamp.  Is the base like a surveyor's stand/tripod?



An idea for a door...turn it into a hall tree complete with a bench. $349



Unique lamps shades...clock was $58.



Lots of Blue Willow...



Bunny tassel: $32



Pretty chandelier!



Love this desk...great for a study. $820



Beautiful!



Mahogany sideboard...



Great craft idea...a wreath made with pages from a book.



Got some extra books laying around the house just waiting to be donated?  Turn them into a lamp!  I'd love this for a home library or study.



Beautiful cast iron and brass bed from the late 1800's.  $595



Lovely old dresser mirror.  $395



This booth had lots of cute doggy  pillows, prints and doggy accessories.







If the top rod on this could be removed and replaced with a rod that's removable, this would make a great craft/wrapping paper organizer.



This booth had the Rachel Ashwell look...shabby chic.  Do you see the Santos off to the right?



Great Santos!  Love the wings and articulating arms. $185



Stemware.



This made me smile...a unique way to display a chandelier.



Memory Keeper/Picture Board, made from an old window.  $65


There were definitely some great deals on this trip.  Did you see something you wouldn't have wanted to leave behind?

Happy antiquing and thrifting!

Labels:

51 Comments:

At Saturday, April 14, 2012 , Blogger Shabby chic Sandy said...

What a great post--feel like I just went on a shopping trip. That was nice. I have been needing to get out:) Saw so much I like--really liked that wicker planter and love the shabby chic booth. Also the booth with the dog stuff was really cute. So much fun--thanks for sharing!

 
At Saturday, April 14, 2012 , Blogger Homeroad said...

I see about a zillion things I would have wanted! Wow what a great place! I love all the inspiration in your post.. thanks so much for sharing this!
Susan
Homeroad

 
At Saturday, April 14, 2012 , Blogger Mary said...

Fun trip! What did you buy?

 
At Saturday, April 14, 2012 , Blogger Miss Char said...

Susan, I can't believe the great treasures you found on your shopping trip, this place looks fantastic and their pricing looks remarkably reasonable too. Thanks so much for sharing.

 
At Saturday, April 14, 2012 , Blogger Barbara Neubeck said...

Hi Susan,
What a good antiguing trip. You've shown us some beautiful Pieces. I love the the dresser mirror.
God Bless
Barb from Australia

 
At Saturday, April 14, 2012 , Blogger Nan Burger said...

Beautiful stuff! I love the oval desk and mahogany sideboard! The finish was in such great Paris Gray ASCP!

 
At Saturday, April 14, 2012 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love A classy Flea!! Almost everything in my dining room is from there. From the looks of it, I may have to go back soon. you found some great items!

 
At Saturday, April 14, 2012 , Blogger Merlin said...

My gosh - these were wonderful. You do have "quite the eye!" Fabulous, indeed. franki

 
At Saturday, April 14, 2012 , Blogger FABBY'S LIVING said...

Wow, such fabulous things and great prices. I love antiquing and been doing it lately around my area. Did you get anything? I loved many things I saw, specially the cabinet with the 3D BOOK APPEARANCE..UNIQUE AND FASCINATING CONVERSATIONAL PIECE! Thank you for the virtual shopping Susan. Enjoy your weekend.
FABBY

 
At Saturday, April 14, 2012 , Blogger Terri said...

The prices are amazing, it would pay to take a trip to Georgia:) I could decorate my condo for under $2k. Thanks for sharing.

 
At Saturday, April 14, 2012 , Blogger ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

WOW WOW WOW!! Susan I could spend all day in a place like that! Both places had so many pretty things and such reasonable prices. I saw quite a few things that would have made there way home with me!

 
At Saturday, April 14, 2012 , Blogger Unknown said...

Just loved shopping with you. Such creative ideas with some of the pieces. My mind is a thinking', thanks for the experience

 
At Saturday, April 14, 2012 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow Susan--I am soooo jealous!
I haven't been to the CF since my last trip to Atlanta,
and I can't wait to get back there! I see some things in
your pictures that would be MINE if I was there!
I always spend TOO much time in there--and TOO much money!
But I wouldn't miss out for anything!
Catherine

 
At Saturday, April 14, 2012 , Blogger Tombstone Livestock said...

Good thing I was not with you, I could have spent my allowance for the next 25 years, oops I don't get and allowance. Love the armoire with out the doors, would leave the pine queen size bed unpainted since I have some pine furniture in bedroom. Cabinet with books on the door is so unusual, great conversation piece. Course I would need another house to put everything in that I would have bought, already filled this one up and the apartment out back too. Maybe time for yard sale so I can buy more "STUFF" lol.

 
At Saturday, April 14, 2012 , Blogger Anne said...

That was fun and I did not have to leave my house or spend money.I spied several things I would have been interested it.
Anne

 
At Saturday, April 14, 2012 , Blogger Glenda said...

Great prices! Antique stores in the Charlotte area are way too much in love with their stuff. I wouldn't have left without the display cabinet in the 5th from the top, the drop leaf table and the wicker planter. Wish I lived closer to this great place - I would frequent it quite often. Thanks for the tour!

 
At Saturday, April 14, 2012 , Blogger EllenP said...

What great finds! Wish I had a store like that near me. Maybe I will have to do some hunting. I've recently started collecting Blue Willow so would have loved to pick up a few pieces. Also would definitely have taken those wicker chairs!

 
At Saturday, April 14, 2012 , Blogger Seana said...

Oh my goodness! What fabulous shops! We have NOTHING like them here; and if we did, everything would be so ridiculously priced. I would definitely have not left there without: in the first set of photos, the photo with the table and four chairs, behind them on the wall is a picture of some sunflowers and just next to it, a picture of a Moluccan cockatoo....I would buy that in a heartbeat! I also loved the chandelier in a birdcage...interesting idea! What a fun trip, thanks for taking us with you!

 
At Saturday, April 14, 2012 , Blogger Susan said...

Super photos, Susan. Thanks so much for sharing them. I love the chandy....very elegant. And the tall white birdcage? Charming. Loved that blue and white striped chair, too. And on and on and on....ha! Loved the trip. Thanks. Susan

 
At Saturday, April 14, 2012 , Blogger ohiofarmgirl said...

I want to go with you...there are so many things I love there!!!Dianntha

 
At Saturday, April 14, 2012 , Blogger Jane@Cottage at the Crossroads said...

Wow! You have some great places to go antiquing! Of all the things I saw, I'd have to have that pine display rack that the blue willow plates were on.

 
At Saturday, April 14, 2012 , Blogger Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

You had me at Baker.....great antiquing that Classy Flea...will definitely have to pay it a visit when I am in the ara....

 
At Saturday, April 14, 2012 , Blogger Princess Kate said...

What a fantastic shop. Did you pick up anything?

 
At Saturday, April 14, 2012 , Blogger Susan (Between Naps On The Porch.net) said...

Not this trip...I barely resisted. :) I think the shopping-powers-that-be knew I needed to wait. I lucked out today and found a quatrefoil garden seat I had been seeking. I just posted a pic of it on Facebook...yay, HomeGoods!

 
At Saturday, April 14, 2012 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Susan, I want that bird cage in your second photo. I doubt they deliver this far. ;-)

 
At Saturday, April 14, 2012 , Blogger Susan ~ Southern Fascinations said...

Susan... Thanks for the opportunity to window shop with you! I think I would have to make a place for surveyor's tripod lamp... I have always wanted one! Love the innovative ways that folks recycle doors, windows, beds... and so many of the pieces you shared would be lovely painted! Enjoyed our Saturday browsing and reading the responses of your BNOTP friends.

 
At Saturday, April 14, 2012 , Blogger SheilaG @ Plum Doodles said...

Love both these stores. That french display cabinet is gorgeous- I'd be sorely tempted if only I had room for it. I've also found a few things at the GW just down the sidewalk from the Classy Flea.

 
At Saturday, April 14, 2012 , Blogger Susan (Between Naps On The Porch.net) said...

Beverly, not sure...might be worth calling to see. :)

 
At Saturday, April 14, 2012 , Blogger Susan (Between Naps On The Porch.net) said...

Ellen, I love Blue Willow, too. Actually I love almost anything that's blue and white. lol

 
At Saturday, April 14, 2012 , Blogger Susan (Between Naps On The Porch.net) said...

Sounds like a plan to me! ;)

 
At Saturday, April 14, 2012 , Blogger Susan (Between Naps On The Porch.net) said...

Lisa, I know what you mean. I wish I had found CF sooner...would have been so much easier to have furnished my house all those years ago, if I had only known.

 
At Saturday, April 14, 2012 , Blogger Susan (Between Naps On The Porch.net) said...

Fabby, not this trip. It's so hard to go take pics for a post and NOT buy anything! Was very tempted by several things, though.

 
At Saturday, April 14, 2012 , Blogger Susan (Between Naps On The Porch.net) said...

Sandy, so glad you enjoyed it! The doggie booth was so cute!

 
At Saturday, April 14, 2012 , Blogger Prior said...

So many good finds, but I love that drop leaf table.
Lezlee

 
At Sunday, April 15, 2012 , Blogger Gloria said...

Oh, I love when you take us on a trip to the Classy Flea! :)
I saw many great finds/great prices for gorgeous pieces. I don't know how you didn't take it all home! LOL! Thanks for sharing a fun trip, Susan.
Best,
Gloria

 
At Sunday, April 15, 2012 , Blogger Diane said...

I see a shopping trip to Atlanta really soon! These are fabulous shops - thank you for sharing!!

 
At Sunday, April 15, 2012 , Blogger Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

WOW- the first place, Classy Fleat is AWESOME!! There were several items I could really use. That queen bed for starters - I need it. Wonder how much to ship?

That place was full of amazing deals. I was slack-jawed reading it.

The second place for me was for look-sees but not really considering the prices there.

I need to come down south and visit, Susan. : - )

Thanks for taking us shopping!!! It was such fun!

 
At Sunday, April 15, 2012 , Blogger Linda Leyble said...

Hi Susan...Looks like a road trip might be in order for me. What great places and finds. Great prices too!

I garnered some great ideas from your post...so thanks for that. I especially loved the chandelier inside the birdcage. I have that bird cage and a small chandelier. Now, why didn't I think of that!!

Thanks again...

Linda

 
At Sunday, April 15, 2012 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love it all!!! I don't know how you resisted :) My mom and I went on a mother daughter antique shopping trip yesterday. It was a beautiful day and we found many beautiful shops. I, not having your will power... ended up buying two hutches and some china :) But they were REALLY good prices!!! LOL

 
At Sunday, April 15, 2012 , Blogger Susan (Between Naps On The Porch.net) said...

Awesome! Sounds like such a fun day! Where will the hutches go?

 
At Sunday, April 15, 2012 , Blogger Sarah said...

Susan, your shopping excursions make me want to fly to Atlanta to do some shopping. Looks like some really good deals to be found there.
Thanks for taking us along. ~ Sarah

 
At Sunday, April 15, 2012 , Blogger Puppy Hill Farm said...

What a FANTASTIC store! I would have bought MANY of those things.... what a great eye you have - Thanks for takin' us shoppin' with you! That was fun! And much less expensive for me this way - but I have a feeling - I will be out next week....

 
At Monday, April 16, 2012 , Blogger Stephanie said...

Wow - some great places at your first stop!

 
At Monday, April 16, 2012 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh. My. Gosh. Amazing deals. I would've had to rent a truck for my haul. Unbelievable prices. Unbelievable!

 
At Monday, April 16, 2012 , Blogger MakePaducah said...

LOve the blue nautical chest and all the mirrors! Great day of finds!
Blessings,
Kijsa

 
At Monday, April 16, 2012 , Blogger Curtains in My Tree said...

It felt so good to go shopping with you. LOL My gosh I wish those stores were closer to me . I want to unload some furniture at my house and I seen things I would have bought
I like the kidney shaped desk $820. and the santos and the chairs with pillows with dogs to match the chair material
the chandeliers were great but I have 4 in my house now so can pass there.

now where is these stores?

 
At Monday, April 16, 2012 , Blogger Haworth said...

Thanks so much for the thrifting trip, Susan! Stores like this are so much fun to go through. I liked the easy chair with pillow-ticking, the two wicker chairs, and the white iron bed. And I love the idea of making an old storm door into a hall tree. (Love the color, too!) Take care.

 
At Monday, April 16, 2012 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really do love it, and I've been looking for "just the right one" for years. Did you happen to notice the price?

 
At Monday, April 16, 2012 , Blogger Judy Biggerstaff said...

Wow, I loved going shopping with you in this post. Lots of interesting pieces that would work in many places. Thanks for the trip.

 
At Monday, April 16, 2012 , Blogger Bonnie said...

I was smitten with the white wicker chairs.

 
At Tuesday, April 17, 2012 , Blogger Joselyn said...

Thanks for taking us along with you. Beautiful pieces and great prices.

 

Post a Comment

Have BNOTP delivered right to your feed reader or Inbox. Subscription links are located at the top right. Thanks so much for your comments. I love hearing your thoughts and ideas! I moderate comments so don't worry if your comment doesn't post immediately. BNOTP is a happy place, a drama-free zone. :) In that regard, comments that are snarky, mean-spirited or possibly hurtful to BNOTP's much-loved visitors, will not be posted. Thanks always for your comment. You are the very best part of Between Naps on the Porch!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home