This Page

has been moved to new address

A St. Patrick's Day Tablescape: Welcome to the 184th Tablescape Thursday!
Between Naps on the Porch: A St. Patrick's Day Tablescape: Welcome to the 184th Tablescape Thursday!

Between Naps on the Porch

Between Naps on the Porch is a lifestyle blog with an emphasis on Decorating, Tablescaping, Before and Afters, Thrify Finds, and Gardening.

Mar 8, 2012

A St. Patrick's Day Tablescape: Welcome to the 184th Tablescape Thursday!

Happy Tablescape Thursday!  Well, things don't always go according to plans.  I had a tablescape all ready for this week.  When I went to bed on Tuesday night, the table on the porch was set and ready to be photographed.  Unfortunately, I awoke really sick Wednesday morning and as the day progressed, it got much worse.  Have you ever had a kidney stone?  I think that's what it was because around 6:30 PM, the horrible pain ended suddenly, like someone flipped a switch.

Your comments on yesterday's post were so much fun to read when I wasn't in bed.  Don't worry, I'm totally back to my old feisty self today.  Tired but much, much better!

Since I wasn't able to take pics of the tablescape I had set for this week, I'm sharing an "oldie but goody."  This St. Patrick's Day tea was first posted on March 12, 2009.  Hope you enjoy this tea 'scape!


St. Patrick's Day is just around the corner...let's celebrate with some tea out on the porch!



And of course, we must have green tea, since we are celebrating St. Paddy's Day.




I picked fresh flowers from the garden... Ahhh...their sweet, sweet fragrance is wonderful!



Little bees must have been tucked down inside the daffodils.



Because now they have settled right down on our spoons. But don't worry, they are friendly bees.



A little sugar with your tea?



How about some cream?  Several folks have asked in the past if this set is Belleek.  It's not.  I found it at A Classy Flea for a song.  I love it and so wish I could find more pieces.  It doesn't have any markings on it.



A Bee's-eye view...



If you were a bee, which flower would you choose?



So glad you could join me for tea out on the porch.



You'll find another St. Patrick's Day table setting HERE and HERE.



Can't wait to see all the wonderful tablescapes posted for this Tablescape Thursday!

To receive the latest posts, as well as updates about blog parties, subscribe via an RSS Reader or have BNOTP delivered right to your Inbox.  You'll find links to subscribe via RSS and e-mail on the sidebar to the right.  Thanks for reading; so glad you are here!

Reading this post via e-mail or RSS feed?
*If you are reading this via email or RSS feed, to view all the tablescapes linked for Tablescape Thursday, click HERE.

Please Read:
If you are participating in Tablescape Thursday, please be sure to add your permalink below, and not your general blog address. To get your permalink, click on your post name, then just copy and paste the address that shows up in the address bar, into the "url" box when you link up.

You'll need to include a link in your post back to the party in order to link up and participate.  That's so visitors to your blog will be able to find the party and  the other Tablescape Thursday participants.

If you would like to use the Tablescape Thursday logo button in your post, just copy and paste it to your computer and upload it to your post as you would any photo. Or, grab the html code you'll find under the "Parties" heading at the top of this blog.

Please, don't add your post name/blog name ALL IN CAPS...it tends to create big spaces between the rows of links. Thanks!

Let's try something fun today! Please visit the person who linked before you and after you...that way everyone will get some visits. Hope you'll visit more, of course.


Welcome! Thanks for coming to the party!

Labels: , ,

51 Comments:

At Thursday, March 08, 2012 , Blogger Marlis said...

Glad you are better. And delighted you brought this darling back to the forefront.. Love that sweet china! The daffodils are so pretty. Ours are up but not nary a bloom, probably a good thing since a front moved in this morning! Happy Thursday and thanks so much for hosting.. xo marlis

 
At Thursday, March 08, 2012 , Blogger Shari @ turnstylevogue.com said...

Ohhh...when can I come over?! I love the clover - I have clover in post today too! This spring fever must be contagious. Thanks for hosting - it is always fun :)

Shari

 
At Thursday, March 08, 2012 , Blogger Unknown said...

Love your daffodils. Your St Patty Day dishes are so pretty. Love the table, or rather tea!! Thanks for your inspiration and love the shelves in the office.

Cynthia

 
At Thursday, March 08, 2012 , Blogger Denise said...

Oh, my gosh! I just recently had kidney stones. I was screaming into a towel all the way to the hospital. I'm so sorry about that. Yes, everything may be OK now, but I know just how you felt.

Well, I love the tablescape. I'm actually bringing back an old tablescape on my blog today too.

 
At Thursday, March 08, 2012 , Blogger Ribbonwood Cottage said...

Oh Susan, so very sorry to hear about your kidney stone. I will keep you in my prayers. Hubby has them...very rough. Love your tablescape, it is wonderful. Glad you had another gameplan! Yay for you.
Have a blessed pain free day....I hope! Glad you are feeling feisty again!
Debbie

 
At Thursday, March 08, 2012 , Blogger Diane said...

Yes, Susan, so sorry about that awful kidney stone! I have never had one, but one of my family members has had many - painful!! Love your beautiful china that looks like it has been dripped in lace! I, also, love that it is finally porch weather, again. I need to get busy cleaning mine and putting out pots of flowers. Thanks for hosting!

 
At Thursday, March 08, 2012 , Blogger Sarah said...

Susan, this is the kind of tea tray I like to wake up to. It's full of sunshine and happiness! If I were a bee, I'd got straight for that snowy white ruffled one. Cute post. Thanks for for hosting each week........Sarah

 
At Thursday, March 08, 2012 , Blogger xinex said...

Refershingly beautiful, Susan. The flowers are gorgeous!...Christine

 
At Thursday, March 08, 2012 , Blogger http://jackieinsurrey.blogspot.co.uk/ said...

Hi Susan, as I was at home today I was waiting for your tablescape post to appear. It was 3pm our time, so I think you are 6 hours behind us!! Sorry to hear you weren't well, hopefully we will see the table you had set another day?

At last the daffodils are appearing in the garden and remind us that Spring will soon be here. We also have Mothering Sunday on March 18th as we celebrate that before you. This year will be my daughters first year as a mum, so I am sure I will be a little forgotten, but I don't mind as I am a very proud Nannie!! ( I do already have two older grandchildren that are my son's.

Happy St Patrick's day to you and fellow bloggers, not something we really celebrate ourselves, we have St George's Day on April 23rd, which is also the day that William Shakespeare was born in 1564!!

Best wishes, Jackie in Surrey, UK.xoxo

 
At Thursday, March 08, 2012 , Blogger A Cottage in the Clouds said...

So sorry about your pain, but your table is beautiful. Such a fresh Springtime look. Love the china.

 
At Thursday, March 08, 2012 , Blogger Debby said...

Love the picture.....nice and Springy. OI hope you are better and got rid of that nasty stone.

 
At Thursday, March 08, 2012 , Blogger Linda (More Fun Less Laundry) said...

Hi Susan, I am so happy to hear that you feel better! I have never suffered from a kidney stone but have a friend who was hospitalized for it and he was in agony. I love all three tables, especially the dancing leprechaun and your daffodils. I think if I were a bee I would bury myself in the pretty dainty white one! Linda

 
At Thursday, March 08, 2012 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dishes with shamrocks....I must confess to have never spotted any. What I really love are the sassy daffodils which always brighten my day. I enjoy being a part of your Thursday.

 
At Thursday, March 08, 2012 , Blogger Miriam@BeBookBound said...

Oh that four leaf clover set is to die for! Lovely lovely springy tablescape :) Thank you for hosting!

 
At Thursday, March 08, 2012 , Blogger Kathleen said...

Hope you feel better! Don't drink tea, very bad for those prone to kidney stones!

 
At Thursday, March 08, 2012 , Anonymous www.lifeisaparty.ca said...

Your flowers are so pretty. I'm a little jealous, up here in Toronto it will be a long while yet before there are flowers in the garden. Thanks for sharing yours!
Dannyelle @ www.lifeisaparty.ca

 
At Thursday, March 08, 2012 , Blogger Susan Freeman said...

I am so sorry to hear that you were in pain. I have heard that the pain caused by a kidney stone is more severe than childbirth. Take care of yourself. This tablescape is one of my favorites. Everything is so charming and welcoming. Thank you for another chance to see your lovely porch and thank you for hosting. Take care and stay well.

Big Hugs,
Susan and Bentley

 
At Thursday, March 08, 2012 , Blogger Unknown said...

Ciao Susan,mi dispiace tanto per i calcoli ai reni......
La mia mamma ci soffre tanto,i dolori sono fortissimi.....
Lei ora ha un rene solo,e siamo sempre preoccupati!!
Spero che tu ti rimetta presto,pregherò per te,come faccio con lei;)
Grazie per il tè,sei sempre molto ospitale e grande padrona di casa......
Berlo nel tuo magnifico portico,che per me è un sogno,che spero si realizzi presto,è un grande piacere;D
Un bacio dall'Italia,spero che tu riesca a leggere la mia email traducendola....
Sabry!!

 
At Thursday, March 08, 2012 , Blogger Haworth said...

Thank you for the beautiful tea 'scape, Susan. The tea set is so lovely and the daffodils are the perfect touch of "cheerful" for this time of year. (Only 2 more weeks until spring arrives!)

 
At Thursday, March 08, 2012 , Blogger Chris said...

Oh you poor girl.........that's incredibly painful. Love your Irish! Isn't this the most beautiful weather? The porches/lanais/decks are open for the season :-)

 
At Thursday, March 08, 2012 , Blogger Laura@Elegant Nest said...

Love the daffodils! Mine are blooming in the yard and I just keep cutting them and bringing into the house to enjoy! Glad to hear you are feeling better!

 
At Thursday, March 08, 2012 , Blogger LeAnne said...

This is my first time participating. I love seeing all these beautiful tablescapes and your St. Patty's day tea party is just divine!

 
At Thursday, March 08, 2012 , Blogger Rettabug said...

Gosh Susan...I'm sorry to hear you've been hurting! DH has experienced a kidney stone & later had to go have another removed due to size. Wicked Pain!! Push the fluids, Honey!!!!!

I LOVED this Irish set the first time & I love it even more the second time around. It is gorgeous & I've never seen another like it. I have a standing search over on Ebay for anything "shamrock" & it has never come up.

I hope you continue to feel better & don't have any more episodes like that.

Gentle Hugs,
Rett

 
At Thursday, March 08, 2012 , Blogger Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

Oh Susan -- I've had three -- I've never had another pain that even came close. I too experienced the "on -- off" --- luckily, mine would never stop once they started moving and "off" meant that it had passed into my bladder. Wouldn't wish one on anybody....especially somebody as sweet as you. Take care......hope you'll be feeling like setting the tables and taking photos soon.

 
At Thursday, March 08, 2012 , Blogger Nancy's Daily Dish said...

Susan,

I'm almost positive I just saw these dishes on Amazon. They are lovely!

Nancy

 
At Thursday, March 08, 2012 , Blogger laxsupermom said...

So pretty! I'm a little jealous that you have fresh daffodils already - it'll be a few weeks yet for us. Love the dishes! Thanks for sharing.

 
At Thursday, March 08, 2012 , Blogger Susan (Between Naps On The Porch.net) said...

Thanks, Sabry! Yes, I just use Google Translate and it works great. Are you building a porch? You'll love it for the warm weather. :)

 
At Thursday, March 08, 2012 , Blogger Princess Kate said...

I'm so in love with your dishes. My son's birthday is St. Patrick's Day and I have been collecting pieces for him over the last seven years. But nothing as gorgeous as these. Simply beautiful!

 
At Thursday, March 08, 2012 , Blogger Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

This is gorgeous china! What a cheery and beautiful Spring post!

 
At Thursday, March 08, 2012 , Blogger Yvonne @ StoneGable said...

I think my computer just ate my last comment...
Susan, I am so happy to hear you are on the mend, especially from a horrid kidney stone! Just rest and get back your energy!!!!
I am so thrilled that you re-posted this wee Irish scape! What says St. Paddy's day better than Bellek china. And what is better than daffodils to rush in spring!!!
Thanks for hosting TT... my favorite!
xo Yvonne

 
At Thursday, March 08, 2012 , Blogger vignette design said...

Love your St. Paddy's day table Susan! Love those dishes--I've never seen them before. I did a similar table two years ago in my sunroom with Belleek and daffodils.
Hope you feel better soon. Thanks for hosting. Is it really #184? Wow! ~Delores

 
At Thursday, March 08, 2012 , Anonymous Madonna said...

You must be one tough cookie - glad you are feeling better. When I don't feel good my creativity is non-existent

I have perused your site pretty thoroughly. Have you given us a peak of where you store all your beautiful props? I would love to know how you organize or store them, but only if you want to. You are so generous as it is.

 
At Thursday, March 08, 2012 , Blogger Unknown said...

Ah that makes me homesick. Irish living in Oz coming into Autumn and the Belleek reminds me of my mums house. Happy St Pat's day to you too.

 
At Thursday, March 08, 2012 , Anonymous Ellen said...

I want that shamrock tea set in the world's worst way. It's awesome. Glad you are feeling better.

 
At Thursday, March 08, 2012 , Blogger Susan (Between Naps On The Porch.net) said...

I know...hard to believe. Time has flown by!

 
At Thursday, March 08, 2012 , Blogger Susan (Between Naps On The Porch.net) said...

Hi Madonna, I wish I had a great storage room but I don't. I just keep things in closets or cabinets. Would be great to have one central location to store goodies though.

 
At Friday, March 09, 2012 , Blogger Monica @ Happily Playing with Dishes said...

I really like these dishes. I found some similar dishes with a clover that I hope to post next week. Thank you for hosting!

 
At Friday, March 09, 2012 , Blogger Debbie@Mountain Breaths said...

Susan, I remember this beautiful china. The daffodils are so pretty, and even my husband is excited about ours getting ready to bloom this spring! I planted 100 pink and white ones along the front of the house last fall. Can't wait!

 
At Friday, March 09, 2012 , Blogger Sanna - My Blueberry House said...

Hi Susan,

The tea set is very pretty. Love your tea scape very much and the flowers! Hope you´re feeling better today.

Happy weekend,
Sanna

 
At Friday, March 09, 2012 , Blogger SheilaG @ Plum Doodles said...

Glad you're feeling better. Do kidney stones come & go like that? Anyway, love your shamrock dishes- I've never seen that pattern before. And the bee silverware is so pretty- bee items always catch my eye because my daughter's name is Melissa, which means honey bee. :) I haven't been to A Classy Flea in awhile, need to make a trip soon. There's an antique mall on Canton Rd, next to Old Time Pottery in Marietta (can't remember the name of it) that has a lot of fun stuff to look at. Have you been there?

 
At Friday, March 09, 2012 , Blogger a quiet life said...

so very delicate and pretty, a true breath of spring~

 
At Friday, March 09, 2012 , Blogger Kristin said...

I'm so sorry you have a kidney stone. The pain can come and go whenever it decides it wants to start moving once it starts coming out of your kidney. Not fun!!! Sorry, I always have to put in my annoying two cents in, whenever someone has a kidney stone, cause I get them once or twice a year. If you feel any pain again, drink as much apple juice as you can possibly can stand. It disintegrates those little pesky suckers! GOOD LUCK!!! By the way, LOVE YOUR BLOG!!! Thanks!

 
At Friday, March 09, 2012 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful as ALways! I'm gaga for your bee silverware--where did you get that? I want-I want!
Nice find at Classy Fea! I can't wait to visit Atlanta to shop there again!
Catherine

 
At Friday, March 09, 2012 , Blogger Susan (Between Naps On The Porch.net) said...

Kristin, thanks for that tip. I'll do that next time for sure!

 
At Friday, March 09, 2012 , Blogger Susan (Between Naps On The Porch.net) said...

Bee flatware is from either Neiman Marcus or Horchow...forgot which now. Both stores carry it online. You'll love it!

 
At Friday, March 09, 2012 , Blogger Mary said...

This is a FAVORITE setting! So glad you posted it again, but sad to hear you weren't feeling well. I hope you get that checked out!

 
At Friday, March 09, 2012 , Blogger Pinky at Designs by Pinky said...

I remember this post and was happily surprised that a tablescape could be on a TRAY:):) The daffs are SO pretty. Mine are SO close to blooming, probably next week as we are going to have some warm temps and lots of sun! Hope you are FINE now, if it was a kidney stone you must have passed it and I imagine that would be PAINFUL:(:(:( Have a great weekend. XO, Pinky

 
At Sunday, March 11, 2012 , Anonymous garage equipment said...

A yellow flower is nice and it is perfect in your tea table. Also, your table arrangement is really professional. I'm sure that your visitors will be happy when they have a tea party in your home.

 
At Sunday, March 11, 2012 , Anonymous Lissa (The Wedding Bistro at Bellenza) said...

Love the muted green and the sunny yellow in this St. Patrick's Day post! So pretty!

 
At Sunday, March 11, 2012 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

So very glad you are feeling better. And I just adore your tea on the porch!

CaMinx

 
At Sunday, March 11, 2012 , Blogger Susan (Between Naps On The Porch.net) said...

Sheila, I'm not sure. I know that folks who get them, have recurring attacks sometimes. I have this same pain about 3 or 4 times in the past. It always last a full day and usually right when it get to be the worse pain of all, it ends shortly after that...just ends suddenly like someone flips a switch. It's pretty scary when it's happening...and a huge relief when it ends.
I didn't know Melissa meant honey bee...how cute is that! Yes, I've been to that antique mall...it's the Cobb County location of Queen of Hearts. I prefer the Queen of Hears that's in Alpharetta, though. I usually have better luck finding thing at that location, although I did find two things back around Christmas at the Canton Rd. location. If you type Queen of Hearts into the search box on the right sidebar at BNOTP, the posts I've done about the Alpharetta Q of H will pop up and you can check 'em out. :)

 

Post a Comment

Have BNOTP delivered right to your feed reader or Inbox. Subscription links are located at the top right. Thanks so much for your comments. I love hearing your thoughts and ideas! I moderate comments so don't worry if your comment doesn't post immediately. BNOTP is a happy place, a drama-free zone. :) In that regard, comments that are snarky, mean-spirited or possibly hurtful to BNOTP's much-loved visitors, will not be posted. Thanks always for your comment. You are the very best part of Between Naps on the Porch!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home