This Page

has been moved to new address

Hot Tea, A Cozy Fire, and a Romantic Comedy...
Between Naps on the Porch: Hot Tea, A Cozy Fire, and a Romantic Comedy...

Between Naps on the Porch

Between Naps on the Porch is a lifestyle blog with an emphasis on Decorating, Tablescaping, Before and Afters, Thrify Finds, and Gardening.

Nov 17, 2008

Hot Tea, A Cozy Fire, and a Romantic Comedy...

Won't you join me for a spot of tea?

My sister, Glenda, recently came across a really interesting and pretty way to make hot tea. And knowing I like to entertain in my home from time to time, she surprised me with a gift of one of these little tea pots. Have you ever seen one of these?

Inside I found a bunch of little packets of green tea...they had names like London Fog, Oriental Beauty, Camellia Joy, Fairy Lily and Juliet's Kiss.

I chose Camellia Joy...

Here's what was inside the little packet...ummmmm, looks a little different than your standard tea bag, doesn't it?

I followed the directions and placed it in the tea pot.

Then I poured steaming hot water into the tea pot...and something magical began to happen...

The little tea ball opened...

and a pretty flower began to emerge...

It grew and grew...and it did, indeed, look a bit like a camellia...


How I wish I could share the fragrant jasmine scent with you...it's heavenly!


In just 4-5 minutes, I had a fragrant, delicious pot of hot tea.


Time to curl up in front of the fire with my cup of hot tea. I'm going to watch, The Holiday...it's one of the movies you guys all said had a great "movie house" in it. :-) Can't wait...wish you were here to see it with me!


Labels:

46 Comments:

At Monday, November 17, 2008 , Blogger Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

Hi Susan...What are we doing up so late? lol The tea looks wonderful! The litle flower is so pretty! You will love the movie. Yes, when I watched it the second time, I spent most of the time looking at the little house in England. I wanted to pause it and look at hte plates, but other people were with me....next time! The movie house that I love best is the one in the Wynona Ryder version of "Little Women." I have watched it over and over! Sometimes I look at the furniture, sometimes I look at the gardens, sometimes the costumes. I love it! Thanks for the tea...Debbie

 
At Monday, November 17, 2008 , Blogger RetiredAtLast said...

I have to tell you, if you haven't already found out, the tea is delicious cold, over ice also. "You" know I love tea just about anyway you can serve it. hot or cold, with or without lemon, with or without sugar, makes little difference.
I recently discovered a crystallized lemon powder called True Lemon that I like very well also. Right now lemons are sky high in price, and I hate to cut one for just a slice or wedge.
I think you will enjoy your pot; I really like mine. Now I just need to find and try a recipe for scones.

 
At Monday, November 17, 2008 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow…. The holiday, it's one of my favorite movies.

 
At Monday, November 17, 2008 , Blogger Lynne (lynnesgiftsfromtheheart) said...

Well.. this was just the cutest thing..I've never seen one of these. You girls simply amaze me..
how was the movie? Did you find the house? Off to make the city run..and to work..have a great day.hugs ~lynne~

 
At Monday, November 17, 2008 , Blogger Tomarie said...

What a great gift from your sweet sister! I bet it was fun to sit and watch it open! :-)
By the way, I LOOOOVE your new wallpaper! Very pretty!

 
At Monday, November 17, 2008 , Blogger Picket said...

Morning girl....that was beautiful the way that unfolded...so pretty in that clear pot of yours..Hope all is well with you & yours and that you have a great week!

 
At Monday, November 17, 2008 , Blogger kenju said...

I hope you enjoyed The Holiday; I sure did.

My favorite tea is called "Mummy's Passion".

 
At Monday, November 17, 2008 , Blogger Bo said...

Morning Susan...I'm not really a tea drinker per se, more of a coffee drinker...but this is about the neatest thing I've ever seen.
Have a great week, ;-) Bo

 
At Monday, November 17, 2008 , Blogger Terri Steffes said...

I love those tea flowers. I had one in a tea shop once. I love the aroma, too. Your post is lovely!

 
At Monday, November 17, 2008 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

YES,I'D SEEN THOSE.AND THE TEA TRULY LOOKS LIKE A FLOWER,DOESN'T IT?VERY PRETTY.
AND THAT MOVIE IS AWESOME.I WISH I WAS THERE TO WATCH IT WITH YOU....ANN

 
At Monday, November 17, 2008 , Blogger Designs on 47th Street said...

Well if that doesn't beat all! How cool to watch the action. I think I can almost smell it. Glenda was sweet to think of you and I bet it IS good cold too.

I used to have your little opening picture framed back in the day when my girls were little girls.

 
At Monday, November 17, 2008 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very pretty way to make tea. Now I need to make myself a cup of tea, before continuing my visits.

I put up a tablescape yesterday, Susan, since we're busy this week. I didn't want to do a scheduled post, because I have a couple other things on the post. The setting is pretty simple, but there is an explanation within the post.

Hope you have a lovely week.

 
At Monday, November 17, 2008 , Blogger Miss Janice said...

Susan, I love those flowering teas, they are great dislays as well. That blue house is my new home. Also, please put me down for Tablescape Tuesday tomorrow.
Miss Janice

 
At Monday, November 17, 2008 , Blogger Suzann said...

That is amazing! I have not ever seen The Holiday, but now I want to. I hope you enjoyed your tea and your movie.

 
At Monday, November 17, 2008 , Blogger "Blossom" said...

It's seems like a beautifu experience with making this tea.
Love how it appears to open up like
a flower blooming. This tea pot is so adorable.
blossom
Yes, I'll be over for tea. I'd like to bring my little grandaughter.

 
At Monday, November 17, 2008 , Blogger Melissa Miller said...

Oh Susan that is the neatest teapot! Do you know where she purchased it? My husband is a hot tea enthusiasist. He would just love it! I would like to surprise him with it for Christmas if I could. Thanks so much and enjoy your day. ~Melissa :)

 
At Monday, November 17, 2008 , Blogger Cami @ Creating Myself said...

What an awesome teapot...I want one! How was the tea?

Add me to the Tablescape Tuesday list please. In fact, it might be easier if you just plan on adding me every week. And I'll let you know when I'm not going to play. Thanks Susan!

 
At Monday, November 17, 2008 , Blogger Cathy Miller said...

I'm like Bo, not as much a hot tea drinker as coffee, but I do love iced tea. But I'm thinking I need one of those cool teapots and some of that gorgeous tea!
I love "The Holiday". I've watched it several times and could watch it every day!!

I won't be participating in Tablescape Tuesday this week...my pictures didn't turn out like I'd hoped for my family breakfast Saturday, but I'm hoping to have my Thanksgiving table set up to show you next week! But I'll be checking out everyone else's tables this week!

What a great blog you share with us! Thanks so much!

 
At Monday, November 17, 2008 , Blogger CIELO said...

Mine with sugar, plese! ;) Good morning, Susan! I'm planing on participating on your "Tablescape Tuesday", tomorrow, so would you please add my link! See you tomorrow... and have a lovely Monday....

Hugs

Cielo

 
At Monday, November 17, 2008 , Blogger Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

Oh Susan what a special Sister you have in Glenda..Glenda do you want another sister...I am all house broke...How sweet to see the flower open up..now I need one of these pots..where did you find it Glenda?? Oh and the movie is really a good one..I have it on dvd and have watched it a few times...I do that with movie I like..I but them so I can watch them over and over..I still love "An American Quitl" oh the story in that movie..a real chick flick..Hope you have a great day and I'll see you for Tablescapes Tuesday...hugs and smiles Gloria

 
At Monday, November 17, 2008 , Blogger Kristens Creations said...

That is so neat! I've never seen anything like that. I would like to have one of those teapots too. I'm sure I will do tablescape tuesday next week. I have been working like mad decorating my house this weekend. It's still a mess, but I see the light at the end of the tunnel. I make such a mess when I decorate, I start ripping things apart in the middle of the livingroom, and boxes are everywhere. I guess it's worth it when it's all done. Please let me know about that teapot. Thanks, Kristen

 
At Monday, November 17, 2008 , Blogger Lady Katherine said...

I love the tea pot, and the flower was just lovely opening into a new morning. Oh, I wish I could smell it! Love your sister! Think that would get me a tea pot?? If no, she has to tell where! I love the white cup and saucer, so much, NAME? Hubby never watches movies, We sat together and watch 2 this week, amazing! I love The House on the Lake, I never seen Holiday, with all the comments, wow I need to see this. Now you can do a post each time you, drink a cup of tea, just to remember to save a cup for me! lol I little behind on the blogs and blogging. Have children next few days. Caught a few to run visit you. Thanks for the tea, I had lovely time, even if I could not smell it.

 
At Monday, November 17, 2008 , Blogger Kathysue said...

Gm Susan, Ok I am convinced that you need to open an online shop because you can make anything sound and look wonderful. I have seen the teapot and the flowering teas for several years now. I actually picked one up and put it back down because I am suppose to be Christmas shopping. But seeing it here on your blog..... Well today I am buying one!! I think the tea flowers are going to make it into my daughter-in-laws Christmas Socks. Oh and I loved the movie also, watched two love stories yesterday while ironing linen napkins for T-day. Thankyou for sharing yet another inspiration

 
At Monday, November 17, 2008 , Blogger Ribbonwood Cottage said...

HI Susan this is so interesting...I have never seen anything like this! I will have to check this out. You always have the most interesting posts!!!! Love it. All your posts are interesting...I always get a kick out of them!
Blessings,
Debbie

 
At Monday, November 17, 2008 , Blogger Chrissy...The Apothecary Shop said...

I just bought one like that for my sister....I think they are lovely!!!

 
At Monday, November 17, 2008 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love those beautiful teas!

I would like to participate in Tablescape Tuesday tomorrow!

 
At Monday, November 17, 2008 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Loved this Susan! You are the queen of merchandising. Did you love the movie? It's one of my all time favorites. One question for Glenda... Will you be MY sister?
love, Carol

 
At Monday, November 17, 2008 , Blogger Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

Now that is neat! This would be a great Christmas gift for someone on my list. I'm going to go check it out. Thanks Susan and Glenda! BTW, I have those note cards that you showed at the beginning of your post. Great minds.... laurie

 
At Monday, November 17, 2008 , Blogger Bobbi said...

That is so cool! I'd love to get one for my sister. Love your blog!

 
At Monday, November 17, 2008 , Blogger Lady Katherine said...

Well, I came back to see if you have another cup of tea ready, children are gone, and I am tired, sure wanted to have another cup with you, Okay, I will go fix my own cup of tea!

 
At Monday, November 17, 2008 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Susan,
I love these flowering teas! I am participating in Tablescape Tuesday and this is my direct link
http://happywonderer.wordpress.com/2008/11/17/tablescape-tuesday-pewter/

 
At Monday, November 17, 2008 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like some great Tea. I can just imagine the aroma, I have a tablescape ready for tomorrow. Deanie

 
At Monday, November 17, 2008 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Afternoon, Susan! I'll be right over! Oh, this is a wonderful gift. I've seen these before but didn't buy one. I'll be tablescaping with you tomorrow!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia :)

 
At Monday, November 17, 2008 , Blogger Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

Hi, yep, I have the pot and the tea. It is a conversation piece for sure!
Count me in for Tablescape...

 
At Monday, November 17, 2008 , Blogger imjacobsmom said...

Hey Susan, You can buy that cute little teapot at Target and Walmart. We have it at both stores. I bought one for my niece last year for christmas and they have the tea refills at Target. 3 flowers for $4.00. They come in a little canister. It sure is a fun and pretty way to brew tea Hoe you enjoy the movie! ~ Robyn

 
At Monday, November 17, 2008 , Blogger Gypsy aka Tam said...

Hi Susan,
I have that same teapot and the tea that goes with it. Your post reminded me that both is sitting in the cupboard waiting for me to re-discover it. Don't you just love how the tea blooms???...:)
I'd like to participate in tomorrows Tablescape Tuesday, can you please add me to tomorrows post?
Thanks and have a great evening,
Tam

 
At Monday, November 17, 2008 , Blogger Four Paws and Co said...

This is so cool! I've seen them & wondered how the tea tastes. :0} Diane

 
At Monday, November 17, 2008 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW< thsnks for sharing this with us, I loved watching the flower open (I am a floral designer so a sucker for ANYTHING floral)!!!!! Gotta get me one of these....and this music!!!! Oh I am lovin it, one of my VERY favs of all time, have this CD too! Today is my 41st anniversary!!!!! Hugs, Pinky

 
At Monday, November 17, 2008 , Blogger Susan (Between Naps On The Porch.net) said...

Congratulations Pinky...41 years...awesome! :-) Susan

 
At Monday, November 17, 2008 , Blogger Tristan said...

Hello~not sure how I stumbled over you blog..but it is adorable and so is your teapot and I LOVE The Holiday..

 
At Monday, November 17, 2008 , Blogger RetiredAtLast said...

This is the website of the teapot manufacturer:

http://www.primulaproducts.com/

I am truly sorry Gloria and Carol, but one sister is already more than I can handle. A really appreciate the thought though. And Lady Katherine, I love you too.

 
At Monday, November 17, 2008 , Blogger at the cottage said...

What a great way to spend an evening. I am a die hard tea granny and love my Red Rose, Tetley and Typhoo. We have have a great tea store here Teaopia. They have those teapots and flowering teas. In case you are interested :)
(and they ship to the US)

http://www.teaopia.ca/products2.cfm/ID/240/c/Glass-Teapots

http://www.teaopia.ca/category.cfm/tea/Loose-Leaf-Flowering-Tea

I just love your blog, I think I will pour another cup of tea and continue reading :0)

Deb

 
At Monday, November 17, 2008 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gee, the only thing MY Sis ever gives ME is a HEADACHE!(I AM joking here!)~THANKS for the info & where to buy ~~~ what a wonderful start for "Time for Tea" Gift Baskets for my tea-drinking friends~ will go sooo well w/ all the jams I've already purchased for them, along with "cactus" & "jalapeno" jams" from AZ! (Seriously!). MORE gifts to scratch off my lonnng list! This is SOOO FUN!!! So, many thanks! Linda

 
At Monday, November 17, 2008 , Blogger Deb said...

Hi Susan, I would like to participate in your Tablescape Tuesdays I think it's a great idea, please add me to your list. Deb

 
At Tuesday, November 18, 2008 , Blogger Rhondi said...

Hi Susan
I like that teapot and it is adorable how that little ball turns into a flower. also your tablescape tuesday is beautiful as always!

 
At Tuesday, November 18, 2008 , Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Susan,
I have wanted to try one of these for a while. Is the tea good?

Very pretty!
~Liz~

 

Post a Comment

Have BNOTP delivered right to your feed reader or Inbox. Subscription links are located at the top right. Thanks so much for your comments. I love hearing your thoughts and ideas! I moderate comments so don't worry if your comment doesn't post immediately. BNOTP is a happy place, a drama-free zone. :) In that regard, comments that are snarky, mean-spirited or possibly hurtful to BNOTP's much-loved visitors, will not be posted. Thanks always for your comment. You are the very best part of Between Naps on the Porch!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home