This Page

has been moved to new address

Welcome to A Classy Flea Friday!
Between Naps on the Porch: Welcome to A Classy Flea Friday!

Between Naps on the Porch

Between Naps on the Porch is a lifestyle blog with an emphasis on Decorating, Tablescaping, Before and Afters, Thrify Finds, and Gardening.

Nov 14, 2008

Welcome to A Classy Flea Friday!


Doesn't this sign just say it all! When I came across it while shopping at A Classy Flea this past weekend, it gave me a good chuckle. Well, let's go shopping and see what goodies we can "enable" each other to take home! :-)

A Classy Flea had their annual Customer Appreciation and Open House this past weekend. Everything in the store was 20% off! So as we shop today, take 20% off ALL the prices...whoo, hoo! :-)

Right off the bat, I find beautiful dishes...good thing I'm fast running out of space...oh, so tempting. China is by Pope-Gosser and pieces were priced individually. A berry bowl was $3.95



I'm a sucker for old trunks and this one is especially beautiful...tag said its from the 1800's: $289

Close-up of trunk...Wow, I've never seen one quite like this!

This cute wall shelf is marked down to only $19.95 this week...and of course, it would be another 20% off that!

English Oak Antique China Cabinet: $499

Provencal pattern by Royal Doulton, Six 5-pc place settings, $169



Vintage print, Victorian girl in a wonderful oval frame: $59

Vintage lamp with lace shade: $59

Wonderful old Christmas ornaments...

I love the look of this little tree: $24

Blue and white china...draws me in like a magnet...

Interesting desk...forgot to get the price...

Neat old sled: $29

A second neat old sled, Royal Racer: $22 Wouldn't these sleds be fun to decorate with at Christmas?

Beautiful vintage custom made settee by Deutsch Brothers, with ornate carved doves on frame: $459

Vintage iron bird cage: $89

Comb back Windsor chair: $79

Antique Christening gown with matching bonnet: $54.95




Ooooh, pretty crystal...if you click on the pic, you can probably read the pricing...


Antique wicker chair: $89


Thanks for coming along on another Classy Flea Friday! So what goody would you have taken home this week? :-)

37 Comments:

At Friday, November 14, 2008 , Blogger Lynne (lynnesgiftsfromtheheart) said...

Girl, you know I'm a sucker with a capital S for Classy Flea Friday and I missed it last week.. So..I'm going to do some heavy duty shopping from my ole chair here. I am absolutely loving that platter with the dark blue around the edges, and the gown is just adorable..I think the last chair is so interesting.. The sleds are fun..but I already have 1 antique sled and I've got to stop this doubling up on things around here..Now, you know I "loved" that lamp. What no book this week...oh boo-hoo!! Girl I could go on and on...thank goodness I can only "imagine" these purchase arriving..sures save the ole checkbook..lol..hugs ~lynne~

 
At Friday, November 14, 2008 , Blogger Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

Did you leave without anything??? I would have taken the sled...the wood looking one. I would have had to do deep breathing, but I would have had to pass on those rose dishes...I have no more room!!

 
At Friday, November 14, 2008 , Blogger Tardevil said...

I think Enabler means a Sugar Daddy! LOL! I'm with you on the trunk & blue dishes. Also loved the china hutch & shabby chic rose dishes. So pretty. Can't wait to see what you find next week. No rush on the award. If you're like me, it's hectic right about now!

 
At Friday, November 14, 2008 , Blogger lvroftiques said...

Ooohhh I love Clasy Flea Fridays!! And looks like I made it early! That Deutsch Bros settee is dreamy! And the little christening gown and hat are darling! Such wonderful details.
I recently purchased a vintage wicker chaise and have been trying to figure out what to upholster it with. I think the upholstery on the wicker chair has inspired me! I think it looks great!! It's just the look I'm looking for! Maybe with plaid accents?....Hmmm the creative juices are flowing....Thanks! Vanna

 
At Friday, November 14, 2008 , Blogger Bo said...

Hi Susan...I'm going to surprise you perhaps and pass up the china and go for the white wicker chair... I have no idea where I could put it, but it would be lovely to look at... ;-) Bo

 
At Friday, November 14, 2008 , Blogger Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

Oh Susan I am in love with that PINK settee...that would go so well in my bedroom at the front of my bed..and only $459.00 wow I wished I could find prices that good here..great trip again Susan like always..hope you have a great day..hugs and smiles Gloria

 
At Friday, November 14, 2008 , Blogger Kathy said...

Love the stuff you found, Susan! The dishes are gorgeous, I love the oval framed Victorian girl, the Christening gowns are precious, and I love the wicker chair too...I think I would have to have taken the Christmas tree home with me!

Oh, and the sign - I want someone to enable me! Loves it!
Kathy

 
At Friday, November 14, 2008 , Blogger Terri Steffes said...

Here's me being your enabler... if you bought that cute shelf you'd have space for more things which means you could buy more things to put on the shelf. I think you really need it.

Cute post! Do you do this every Friday?

 
At Friday, November 14, 2008 , Blogger bj said...

Even tho Bo claimed it first, I would have taken the wicker chair! I have a fabulous wicker loveseat to go with it....so THERE, Bo !! Looks like I GET IT!!
Thanks for the shopping trip, Susan. I look forward to it every Friday.

 
At Friday, November 14, 2008 , Blogger kenju said...

The Royal Doulton china and the green goblets!! and some of the flow blue china!

 
At Friday, November 14, 2008 , Blogger RetiredAtLast said...

I think Joy needs one of those sleds to complete her Winter gear ensemble. I think she was looking for one a few weeks back. I think I remember her saying that in her part of the country they are actually put to use (not used for decorating) so you can't find them on the secondary market.
If I had the room, that trunk would be my choice. It puts me in mind of one Mother had when I was a very small child. Don't know whatever happened to it.

 
At Friday, November 14, 2008 , Blogger Brenda Pruitt said...

You found some truly lovely items. I especially like that unusual lamp! I am just drooling in those places.
Brenda

 
At Friday, November 14, 2008 , Blogger Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

Well, you know I'm going straight to the blue and white plates! hehe! Love the litte dress, too!

 
At Friday, November 14, 2008 , Blogger Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

Wow! That trunk is amazing. I've never seen one with such beautiful detailing. And that little christening gown-what a beauty! But the Provencial plates would have been my choice. I would have had a difficult time not taking them home (where there is absolutely no place to store them!). Thanks for another great tour. laurie

 
At Friday, November 14, 2008 , Blogger Kathysue said...

I didn't spend too much this week. I think I need to buy the oval victorian girl for my mother. She collect pictures of victorian ladies.Well, Ok, and maybe the wicker chair and the settee. I guess I spent more than I thought. You are my virtual shopping enabler. Hehe, Kathysue

 
At Friday, November 14, 2008 , Blogger Miss Janice said...

I'll take all the dishes, thank you ma'am!

 
At Friday, November 14, 2008 , Blogger Miss Janice said...

I'll take all the dishes, thank you ma'am!

 
At Friday, November 14, 2008 , Blogger "Blossom" said...

Just love that little tree.
What so great finds you found today. What did you end up taking
home.
blossom

 
At Friday, November 14, 2008 , Blogger Lady Katherine said...

YES! We get to go shopping again! Okay you beat me to blue dishes, I would have to have, and those pink ones, I do adore, but hubby says not more patterns, got to complete my old country roses. The settee, I love, but no room for it, Now you are just going to have to share those blue dishes before we get out of the shop! I know I have a lot of blue dishes, but a few more can not hurt! Okay I will let you have them, you saw them first!

 
At Friday, November 14, 2008 , Blogger Belle (from Life of a...) said...

Oh mercy...I need that "enabler" sign.

 
At Friday, November 14, 2008 , Blogger Lady Katherine said...

Oh Susan, I forgot did they load that trunk into your car? I should have got those green glass for my daughter, Jennifer.

 
At Friday, November 14, 2008 , Blogger Julie said...

Oh my - I have a trunk exactly like the one you found. I have never done anything with it though - so it looks about the same. It is called pressed tin and it was very popular with young ladies traveling abroad..or at least that is what I was told..something like 20 years ago!

 
At Friday, November 14, 2008 , Blogger Marrdy said...

Look at all those treasures! My Grandmother had a whole slew of those ornaments.

 
At Friday, November 14, 2008 , Blogger Cami @ Creating Myself said...

I once saw a tablescape that had a sled as the centerpiece & it was "serving" the food...I've wanted one ever since.

 
At Friday, November 14, 2008 , Blogger Four Paws and Co said...

Ooohhhh, the tree & ornaments would have come home with me & maybe the birdcage too. I think you need to find space the the wall shelf on your porch. :0} Diane

 
At Friday, November 14, 2008 , Blogger Jan said...

Hi Susan! My Mother has the blue and white china pictured in the middle of the top shelf, (but I still want the china I will be getting from her cabinet that was my Grandmother's.) I love the quirky little Christmas tree and those lovely green crystal goblets...I would snatch those up in a heartbeat. They would be a nice touch for the holidays. I also like the wall ornament that is stitting on that wicker chair. :) It was a nice sale that they had! I hope you made room for ONE more set of dishes! Have a great weekend, Jan

 
At Friday, November 14, 2008 , Blogger Jan said...

p.s. I think the shelf is adorable and would love the framed Victorian lady too! Jan

 
At Friday, November 14, 2008 , Blogger Gone said...

Oh...the "pretties" are too numerous!!!

If I'd been there...I doubt that I could have passed up the Vintage Lamp!!! It has EVERYTHING I love!!!

 
At Friday, November 14, 2008 , Blogger Unknown said...

Loved the dishes, shelf, desk.... birdcage, sleds, okay... I loved all of it... : )

Thanks for sharing!
~Liz~

 
At Friday, November 14, 2008 , Blogger Pam said...

Hi Susan, I love your blog everyday, but especially look forward to the posts on Fridays! I collect steamer trunks and have one just like the one you pictured. What fun to see it. :)
Pam (pc25)

 
At Friday, November 14, 2008 , Blogger Cottage Rose said...

Hey Susan; I love all the photos in this shop. Such beautiful eye candy. I am not sure which one I would have taken home, but it might be the bird cadge, I am nut for those.

Hugs;
Alaura

 
At Friday, November 14, 2008 , Blogger Kristens Creations said...

A classy fea has some great stuff! love that birdcage. I also love your feather tree. Very unique!! Kristen

 
At Friday, November 14, 2008 , Blogger Melissa Miller said...

Hi Susan, Thanks so much for telling me about Judy's blog. It's wonderful. These are all beautiful items. I would have a hard time choosing. ~Melissa

 
At Friday, November 14, 2008 , Blogger Lynne (lynnesgiftsfromtheheart) said...

I had to swing back by and do some more make believe shopping..lol. thanks so much for swinging by and putting up with my lamp obsession..hugs ~lynne~

 
At Sunday, November 16, 2008 , Blogger Tomarie said...

I love the antique white desk...and the lace lamp! SIGH...how I wish I lived close to you and the Classy Flea! :-)

 
At Monday, November 17, 2008 , Blogger EmBee said...

Hi Susan,

Santamaker's friend here, from Maryland and I just wanted to say a big thank-you for posting the 'Classy Flea Friday's'... I'll have to admit it can be frustrating, seeing all these wonderful treasures yet living too far away to rush out and purchase them... Wait, maybe that's a GOOD thing!... But OOOoooohhhh, how I WANT that adorable little tree!
:-)

 
At Monday, November 17, 2008 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would have snatched up that tree in ONE SECIND!!!! I love it!!!! Thanks for another great CF tour!!!! Pinky

 

Post a Comment

Have BNOTP delivered right to your feed reader or Inbox. Subscription links are located at the top right. Thanks so much for your comments. I love hearing your thoughts and ideas! I moderate comments so don't worry if your comment doesn't post immediately. BNOTP is a happy place, a drama-free zone. :) In that regard, comments that are snarky, mean-spirited or possibly hurtful to BNOTP's much-loved visitors, will not be posted. Thanks always for your comment. You are the very best part of Between Naps on the Porch!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home