This Page

has been moved to new address

October: Breast Cancer Awareness Month...I'm going for my exam!
Between Naps on the Porch: October: Breast Cancer Awareness Month...I'm going for my exam!

Between Naps on the Porch

Between Naps on the Porch is a lifestyle blog with an emphasis on Decorating, Tablescaping, Before and Afters, Thrify Finds, and Gardening.

Oct 17, 2008

October: Breast Cancer Awareness Month...I'm going for my exam!


This is just a little reminder post since October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. In case you missed it, here's a link to a post from a week or so ago about a wonderful friend of mine, Carol, who many of you know from RMS. Her story is amazing, as are the pictures she provided of some amazing bras for a Beautiful Bra exhibit/fundraiser held at a great store in her hometown. Just click on the link to see that post... http://betweennapsontheporch.blogspot.com/2008/10/beautiful-bras.html

So go get those exams...my friends! If I am getting it done, despite all the inconvenience...I know you can! If you don't do it for you, do it for the ones you love...Carol did and look at these two wonderful sons she has raised! See you tomorrow for Pink Saturday hosted by Beverly. And don't forget...Tuesday will be Tablescape Tuesday...click on the logo in my sidebar for all the details on how to participate.

14 Comments:

At Friday, October 17, 2008 , Blogger RetiredAtLast said...

The peace of mind, will make the inconvenience worthwhile! I am glad they have found a more comfortable way to test you. Just goes to show, where there's a will, there's a way.

 
At Friday, October 17, 2008 , Blogger Bo said...

Hi Susan...Thanks for your sweet comments on my sixes, I appreciate them so much. Now I see there is alot about you we are learning in this post. Best wishes for a good ultrasound! ;-) Bo

 
At Friday, October 17, 2008 , Blogger Home as Hobby said...

Save the tatas!!! Amen sister!

 
At Friday, October 17, 2008 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi Susan

just catching up on some blogs, love your guest room from yesterday especially the linen oh and I couldn't decide with or without the tree, both looked nice!

I'll be in on Tuesday...looking forward to it

sarah

 
At Friday, October 17, 2008 , Blogger Suzann said...

YEAH Susan! I had my mammogram too. It's a GREAT feeling to know you've been given a clean bill of health.

Have a wonderful weekend.

 
At Friday, October 17, 2008 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm applauding you my Little Friend! I'm so glad that modern medicine has found a way to keep you healthy. Keep the "girls" as long as possible. Kind of strange opening your blog this morning and to find me staring back at myself! You gotta warn me... I thought I was going to the Flea Market, but boobs are even more important than baubles! Make your appointments Friends!!!!!
love, Carol

 
At Friday, October 17, 2008 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Morning Sweet Susan! Oh,so much to go through for such a young child. But I'm very proud you're be getting your exam. My prayers are with you! These exams are just so important, aren't they?
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

 
At Friday, October 17, 2008 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, Susan, this may not be the right place, but I want to participate in Tuesday Tablescapes. I love this stuff!!
lol
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

 
At Friday, October 17, 2008 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good for you, Susan. Good luck. I'll say a prayer for positive results.

 
At Friday, October 17, 2008 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

THATS WONDERFUL ADVISE.CAROL,I SWEAR YOUR PIC MAKES ME SMILE,YOU AND YOUR BOYS LOOK SO PEACEFUL AND HAPPY.BEAUTIFUL FAMILY...ANN

 
At Friday, October 17, 2008 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At Friday, October 17, 2008 , Blogger Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

Thanks Susan and Carol for the reminder...we must take care of the Girl's ....Have a great day...Gloria

 
At Saturday, October 18, 2008 , Blogger Virginia said...

Good for you, Susan. Good luck.
Blessings, Virginia

 
At Sunday, October 19, 2008 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

My dear friend, Carol, certainly can be dubbed be the 'poster woman' of hope. Take her words seriously!

 

Post a Comment

Have BNOTP delivered right to your feed reader or Inbox. Subscription links are located at the top right. Thanks so much for your comments. I love hearing your thoughts and ideas! I moderate comments so don't worry if your comment doesn't post immediately. BNOTP is a happy place, a drama-free zone. :) In that regard, comments that are snarky, mean-spirited or possibly hurtful to BNOTP's much-loved visitors, will not be posted. Thanks always for your comment. You are the very best part of Between Naps on the Porch!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home