This Page

has been moved to new address

Dream Towns, Fantasy and Real
Between Naps on the Porch: Dream Towns, Fantasy and Real

Between Naps on the Porch

Between Naps on the Porch is a lifestyle blog with an emphasis on Decorating, Tablescaping, Before and Afters, Thrify Finds, and Gardening.

Jan 13, 2012

Dream Towns, Fantasy and Real

When I visit my doctor once a year for a check-up and whine about that 15 lbs I can never seem to lose, he always goes into this big spiel about how I should buy one of those exercise stepper thingies, forgetting we've had this talk before.  He pulls out the step he has tucked under the examining table just for these such moments and he demonstrates, stepping up and down, up and down, all the while explaining it's a great way to get exercise each day because you can do it "while you watch TV."

I interrupt his demonstration saying, "I never watch TV."  He stops and stares at me with this blank expression, like no one has ever before uttered those words in examining room B.  Crickets.  I break the silence saying, "There's just never anything on that I like."  He's got nothing and we progress on with our yearly visit. ;}

On those rare occasions when I do watch TV, it's usually PBS.  So, when Maree shared the beautiful photos of her sister Kae's backyard, and said they had decorated it like "Stars Hollow in the Gilmore Girls," I was sadly clueless. I had heard of the show, but had never seen it.  Now, I wish I had.  Wonder if it's still on.

After seeing Kae's backyard, I couldn't wait to Google "Stars Hollow."  Seriously.  I could hardly finish writing yesterday's post.  I kept thinking, "There's a little town (real or not, I didn't care) that has a resemblance in some way to Kae's lovely backyard with the beautiful gazebo?"  Point me in the right direction...I'm own my way!



As I was driving into Atlanta to meet a friend for lunch today, I was once again obsessing thinking about Stars Hollow. There's the gazebo!  We actually have a gazebo in my not-so-small town.  And come to think of it, we had one in the town where I grew up.

Photo from Warner Brothers Studio Tour Site

On the way to my luncheon date, I thought about how completely I can get lost in the fantasy of a quaint "dream" town.

Stars Hollow set, Photo from Warner Brother Studio Tour Site

Doesn't even matter if it's real because anytime I want, I can close my eyes and I'm there.

Lorelai's houe in the Gilmore Girls, photo from Wikipedia


I'm strolling the sidewalks, stopping occasionally to greet friends and neighbors, patting their cute doggies on their sweet, furry heads.  Or, maybe I'm shopping for antiques, pretty lace linens and home made soaps in the cozy shops like these in Coupeville, Washington (a real town) in the movie, Practical Magic.

Photo from movie

I'll tuck my day's shopping into the wicker basket on my pink bike...yes, pink bike.  Work with me here...it's my fantasy. ;)



And then I'll head back home to my storybook cottage.

Hansel Cottage in Carmel, Photo scanned from the book, Cottages by the Sea

Or, maybe I'll be living in a little English cottage like the one in The Holiday



Or, a beautiful old Victorian like this one nestled along the water in Practical Magic.



I'll read books, sip lemonade and take naps in the swing on the screened-in porch.



 When I get sick from drinking too much lemonade, I'll go visit Doc Martin in Fern Cottage.  That's his office there on the hillside. (small gray building just left of the large gray one.)

Picture from Wikipedia

Doc Martin lives in the quaint fishing village of Port Issac (Cornwall, United Kingdom.)   He'll fix me right up, in his no-nonsense, get-down-to-business, sort of way.  Have you seen the show?  Don't think it's airing right now, but not sure.

Picture from Wikipedia

When it's vacation time, I'll head for Seaside, Florida, another town that's real,

Photo from Zimbio

 ...but always looks like a fantasy place in magazines.

Photo from Zimbio

Or, maybe I'll vacation in Savannah and visit Wormsloe, where after a dreamy ride down Oak Avenue,



I'll head over to the Isle of Hope another real, and enchanting place.



What's your favorite "fantasy or real" dream town?  Any movie towns or TV towns you wish you could visit in real life?  Any real towns you would love to pack up and move to?  Please share in a comment the real or fantasy movie/TV town you would love to live in.

Labels: , ,

88 Comments:

At Friday, January 13, 2012 , Blogger Puttin' On The GRITS said...

I am completely in love with Senoia, Georgia. That's not too far from you, I think. I visited about a year ago to see the Southern Living Idea House. It was decorated for Christmas. We popped into a little antique store on the main street and overheard someone ask about the "holiday home tour". We ended up going on the home tour that night as well after spending a little time sitting hot chocolate in the corner coffee shop. We saw the house that was in Fried Green Tomatoes and finished the night at their Irish Pub. It started to snow as we were walking to the car after dinner. Such a magical town!

Serenbe is also an amazing little place. The Farmhouse restaurant is something out of a movie.

 
At Friday, January 13, 2012 , Blogger Susan (Between Naps On The Porch.net) said...

Senoia is a cute little town. I've only been there once...for the Southern Living Idea House. This year's Idea House is supposed to be there, too...can't wait to see it. So glad you mentioned Serenbe. I've seen a few pics in magazines but haven't visited. That's going on my list of places to go this year. Thanks!

 
At Friday, January 13, 2012 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Carmel by-the-sea in a heartbeat. I did fall in love with Stars Hollow...but it snows there.


Julie

 
At Friday, January 13, 2012 , Blogger The French Hutch said...

Susan, we go down to destination 30-A, Seaside often. We love the quaint village feeling where your transportation is a bike. It's like living in the 50's. I enjoyed your fantasy, I understand because I have my own. Some of these house are my favorites too. Love this post! I'll send you a postcard next time time I'm in Seaside, the real one……
Have a great weekend.

~Emily
The French Hutch

 
At Friday, January 13, 2012 , Blogger Renee said...

I'm in love with Rockport, MA. And, believe it or not, I once owned a pink bike...it even had a pink seat! No, not when I was a toddler; this bike went with me to college!

 
At Friday, January 13, 2012 , Blogger Unknown said...

I'm an "across the pond" dreamer. Having traveled quite a bit outside the country, my dream place is a countryside villa in the hills just outside Rome, Italy. Country and quaint enough, but close enough to the Eternal City. Ahhh......

 
At Friday, January 13, 2012 , Blogger Kristin Haley said...

Definitely Rosemary Beach...a nice bike ride ( my bike is big bird yellow ;) from Seaside. It looks like you've stepped into a quaint beachside town in Europe. Sighhhhhhhhhh

 
At Friday, January 13, 2012 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been to Port Isaac many times, it is a very pretty place. I'm thinking I might need to check out 'Stars Hollow' too after reading this post!

 
At Friday, January 13, 2012 , Blogger Jojo said...

On the fim side, I've always been in love with Miss Honey's cottage in the film Matilda. Not the big house, but the cottage she lives in because her aunt has kicked her out of her house.

In real life one of the prettiest villages I've ever spent time in was a tiny place in Cornwall called Mousehole ("mow-sul"). Cornwall is stunning. I would love to see the Angela Landsbuy version of the Shellseekers again just to see some of the Cornwall scenery once more.

 
At Friday, January 13, 2012 , Blogger Jane@Cottage at the Crossroads said...

Susan,
My favorite place is the Old Village in Mt. Pleasant, SC. It sits on the Charleston Harbor. It is very quaint. There is even a drug store with an old time soda fountain. I used to teach school there. The children still walk or ride their bicycles to school. It always reminded me of Mayberry. You'd love it.

 
At Friday, January 13, 2012 , Anonymous carrahararis said...

Any medium size village in France. I would love to rent a house for the summer and visit all the little specialty food shops and the little cafes that serve such marvelous food.

 
At Friday, January 13, 2012 , Blogger curlyrose49 said...

I watched Gilmore Girls and loved the little town. I don't really know which town I would love to live in but it would be nice. My new town(city?) is to big for me. My daughter lives in a small town and loves it in Hollister,Ca where her and her family moved for her husbands work. I am off to visit in a week and enjoy the small town there. Will be checking in on my visit to seee where you take me next.

 
At Friday, January 13, 2012 , Blogger Janis said...

All episodes of Doc Martin are on instant Netflix. Love that show, that character and that village. Beautiful scenery!

 
At Friday, January 13, 2012 , Blogger christy said...

Wow this post has me thinking I am living in the wrong town! All so beautiful.

 
At Friday, January 13, 2012 , Blogger Linda Younkman said...

All the places you mentioned look great. I've been to Wormsloe (all three of my kids went to school in Savannah); I visited Seaside Florida and fell in love with Stars Hollow when I watched Gilmore Girls on DVD. I didn't turn in when it was on TV and absolutely fell in love with the show while watching it later - the inn, the cafe and everything about Stars Hollow was quaint. My fictional place was the town of Cabot Cove, Maine featured in "Murder She Wrote". I was ready to uproot my family and move to that town until I found out that it didn't exist except in TVland. Love your blog!!!!!

 
At Friday, January 13, 2012 , Blogger DearHelenHartman said...

One of the joys I've had in my 17 years of writing is that early on I started creating ideal southern small towns that became like characters in my books. I LOVED Stars Hollow and love the real small towns of Versailles and Middletown Kentucky, Corydon, Indiana.

 
At Friday, January 13, 2012 , Blogger Forever Christmas 1904 said...

Oh, Susan! I so love following your posts! I woke up with a headache and took some sinus medication and decided to relax until it subsided, read your post and feel so much better! We got over a foot of snow overnight, and your dreamy towns are just what my head/heart/eyes needed! I love "Gilmore Girls" and, just so you know, you can probably watch them on Netflix, or purchase them on DVD-(they sell the series.) When I saw the last house photo you posted, it took my breath away-that would be my dream house! Big, beautiful, Victorian! Thank you again for starting my day on such a high note! Hope you enjoy your day as well!

 
At Friday, January 13, 2012 , Anonymous Tracy F. said...

Check out Fairhope, Alabama! It's a bit like Carmel, but it's on the Gulf coast. It's full of charming cottages, with Live Oaks, Spanish moss, and water views. Charming shops and restaurants and lots of great places to walk make it one of my dream towns.
P.S.- I moved here from Atlanta!

 
At Friday, January 13, 2012 , Blogger Susan (Between Naps On The Porch.net) said...

Renee, I love it! :) Ohhhh, my bucket list is growing! I love all the descriptions and would love to see all these places!

 
At Friday, January 13, 2012 , Blogger OkieBelle said...

I would have to say the cutest "fantasy town" would have to be Rosebud is the movie "Funny Farm". The town and the residents (along with the gazeebo!) make it look like the perfect place to live!

 
At Friday, January 13, 2012 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Mom!

Love,

Chip

 
At Friday, January 13, 2012 , Blogger Susan (Between Naps On The Porch.net) said...

Thanks, Chip! ♥

 
At Friday, January 13, 2012 , Blogger Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

I don't know if I'd want to move there, but I wanted to go to Cornwall after watching Doc Martin, Susan! I do love my Britcoms and actually loved the Village of Dibley in The Vicar of Dibley {I've got the DVD set on most of "my shows"}. I love the idea of being within walking distance of everything.

 
At Friday, January 13, 2012 , Blogger Robin said...

Thanks to my daughter, I was a big fan of Gilmore Girls. Both of us refer to the show and Star's Hollow all the time whenever we find ourselves in a situation or place that reminds us of that charming small town way of life. Pretty much we have turned Gilmore Girls and Stars Hollow into adjectives! I don't watch sitcoms very often but this was the exception. Thanks for this post!

Robin
Robin Flies South

 
At Friday, January 13, 2012 , Blogger Jocelyn said...

ha, ha, you made me laugh, because I don't watch TV either. Just PBS once in a while. I love beautiful old homes like the last one you posted. Eufaula Alabama has many antebellum homes that are open for tours.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/cosmicjans/sets/72157600947203136/

Jocelyn @
http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com

 
At Friday, January 13, 2012 , Blogger Chris said...

Happy Birthday, Susan!
I am torn between two dream spots - both islands and as far from each other as you can get. The enchanging island of Maui with it's timelessness (we loved it so much we named our exotic looking little cat Maui) and Martha's Vineyard off Cape Cod - full of rich American tradition and family history. Two very different lifestyles - two much loved places in my heart.

 
At Friday, January 13, 2012 , Blogger Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

I have so many dream towns..hard to pick one. Most recently loved the town of Banff (Canada) and Couer d' Alene, Idaho..but the one most recent, would be the town of Camden, Maine..such a quaint seaside town. Thank you for showing your favorites! Love them too!

 
At Friday, January 13, 2012 , Blogger Debbie said...

Aiken S.C. is a pretty little town. Lots of beautiful trees, wonderful old homes, and lots of horses. Lovely.....downtown, shops, antiques, great places to eat.

 
At Friday, January 13, 2012 , Blogger Tammy @ A Walk in the Countryside said...

Susan, I love Seaside and have always wanted to visit. I remember clipping pictures of it many, many years ago to keep in my "One Day" file.

 
At Friday, January 13, 2012 , Anonymous Barbara said...

If you haven't read the Mitford Series of books by Jan Karon, you need to. She created a little town that people are constantly searching for!

 
At Friday, January 13, 2012 , Blogger Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

Well you pretty much hit up all sorts of dreamy places - real or not- in this post. I would say a quaint little cottage in Ireland would be my true dream....

BTW I finally met another person who doesn't watch television. I never ever do and never know what people are talking about. I haven't in 30 years, neither does my husband.

So a few weeks ago I told him we need to get a flat screen b/c I am changing up the den he looked at me as though I was completely insane.

Perhaps I am. But it is nice when the nieces or nephew visit at least. And would fit better and look oh-so-nice. Even if only just to dust the top of once a week, haha.

Love this post, Susan.

 
At Friday, January 13, 2012 , Blogger Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

BTW- it is snowing like mad but one of these days I will send you a pic of our quaint little historic downtown here in my little city....we have a gazebo.

: - )

 
At Friday, January 13, 2012 , Blogger Small Town Girl said...

Susan, I got to visit Bar Harbor, Maine one year in the fall. Gazebo in the middle of the small town, trees changing beautiful hues and sweet shops and cafes completed the perfect town for me! You should check it out whether online or in real life!!!

 
At Friday, January 13, 2012 , Blogger megan said...

Susan, you have touched on a few places I have visited. Practical Magic was on the t.v. last week (yes, I do watch :) but I had no idea it was filmed in Coupeville where we have stayed a few times.
We also visited Doc Martin's area when staying with a friend year before last, who has a cottage in Cornwall right on the beach of Polkerris.
Seaside is one of my favourite ocean spots, I say with a blush, that I ride the carousel there.
As for magical mythical towns, I have always wanted to live in Mayberry and be part of that community. I also have a yen to visit Hogwarts with Harry Potter too!! :)
Thank you for this post, it jogged quite a few memories for me.

 
At Friday, January 13, 2012 , Blogger Unknown said...

Happy Birthday! Love your post!I would love to live in Asheville, North Carolina and have a Bed And Breakfast.
Thanks for answering my note but it not that they cannot see my new post on my page, it is my post will not pop up for my followers in their list of post.Still looking for an answer.Have a great weekend! I too was born on the 13th.of Aug.Joann

 
At Friday, January 13, 2012 , Blogger megan said...

Susan, just read that it was your birthday.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY SUSAN, enjoy your day, hope you are doing something special!!
Meg

 
At Friday, January 13, 2012 , Blogger Lisa said...

Love this post, so many awesome little places. Have a great birthday Susan!
Hugs, Lisa

 
At Friday, January 13, 2012 , Blogger Linda said...

Happy Birthday Susan.

 
At Friday, January 13, 2012 , Blogger Heaven's Walk said...

I just wanted to crawl right into your dream photos, Susan! *sigh*.....! Thanks for the dreamy moment today! lol!

xxo laurie

 
At Friday, January 13, 2012 , Blogger Karen said...

I adore Nantucket!!

 
At Friday, January 13, 2012 , Blogger Donna said...

These are all fabulous places! I could live in any one of them. I do love the house on Practical Magic.
Doc Martin, one of my favorite shows.

 
At Friday, January 13, 2012 , Anonymous Ellen said...

I just wanted to let you know how much I love your blog. Your tablescapes are awesome, the pictures are fantastic. I don't think I can decide on the perfect place to be. We spent five years in our RV just wandering the country and seeing so many beautiful and quaint little places. Thanks goodness I have pictures or I wouldn't be able to remember everything.

 
At Friday, January 13, 2012 , Blogger Pat M said...

I am so with you in your dreaming! Love those cottages by the water!
Hugs, GraceinAZ

 
At Friday, January 13, 2012 , Anonymous Lori said...

I would love to live in Kennebunkport, Maine. My daughter and I go there on vacation every summer and just love the seaside homes, beautiful beaches and shops. My second choice would be Woodstock, Vermont.

 
At Friday, January 13, 2012 , Blogger Susan (Between Naps On The Porch.net) said...

Emily, that sounds wonderful! Yes, send me a postcard! :)

 
At Friday, January 13, 2012 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Newburyport MA is another beautiful New England town. Not too small. But,I've found, most of these places require a sizable amount of money to live the way I dream of living. All those quaint little (sometimes big) houses by the water cost a fortune. Oh well, it is a dream, right?

 
At Friday, January 13, 2012 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Our little hometown is pretty cute too. Well except the ugly glass govt, building. But if you stand in front of it and look at the square and the other 3 streets ...it's pretty charming:) (Gotta find magic where I can...lol)

 
At Friday, January 13, 2012 , Blogger Anna said...

I grew up on Long Island,NY so I maybe a little biased here...there are three towns that stand out in my mind...Port Jefferson Village, Sayville, and Sag Harbor. Not to mention Southampton and all the little villages along the south and north shores of L.I.!
Love your blog!

 
At Friday, January 13, 2012 , Blogger Susan (Between Naps On The Porch.net) said...

Awww, thanks, Ellen! Wow, how wonderful to get to do that for 5 years! Yes, thank goodness for pictures. I'm the same way, memory wise. :)

 
At Friday, January 13, 2012 , Blogger Susan (Between Naps On The Porch.net) said...

Thanks, Linda! :)

 
At Friday, January 13, 2012 , Blogger Susan (Between Naps On The Porch.net) said...

Thanks, Lisa!

 
At Friday, January 13, 2012 , Blogger Susan (Between Naps On The Porch.net) said...

Thanks, Meg! Will be celebrating with friends this weekend. :)

 
At Friday, January 13, 2012 , Blogger Susan (Between Naps On The Porch.net) said...

Michele, I should do a "gazebo" post. Wouldn't that be fun. Post pics of gazebos in the downtown squares of all the little towns. :)

 
At Friday, January 13, 2012 , Blogger *Chic Provence* said...

Love Seaside, Savannah, and Doc Martin's house!! I love the show, and miss it so much... I think it's done, over and finished... :( hope I'm wrong, but last episode there was a baby, and I've seen nothing since!

Great post!

xo

Kit

 
At Friday, January 13, 2012 , Blogger Susan (Between Naps On The Porch.net) said...

Kit, I'm afraid it may be, too. It was such an unusual show...love the Doc Martin character.

 
At Friday, January 13, 2012 , Blogger My Cherie Amour said...

It is nice to know that people dream of Savannnah. I have lived here, in Savannah, all of my life, and sometimes I take her beauty for granted. Thanks for reminding me how blessed I am to reside here. Come visit anytime, after all, Savannah is the "Hostess City of the South". :-)

 
At Friday, January 13, 2012 , Blogger Betsy said...

I also don't watch much tv, so the quaint town I want to live in Mitford in the Jan Karon books. I can just see it in my imagination.

 
At Friday, January 13, 2012 , Blogger Karen said...

I've been to Seaside and Savannah and they are both gorgeous towns. I'd pick up and move to either in a heartbeat.... but I think my preference would be Seaside. It's simply beautiful there.

 
At Friday, January 13, 2012 , Blogger Tess said...

Well, Cooperstown,NY (about an hour from me) is a wonderful and historical town. It is WAY more than the Baseball Hall of Fame! But my fictional towns? St. Mary Mead (Miss Marple's village) and my favorite "quirky" towns would be Cicely, Alaska from Northern Exposure. Love Doc Martin and they are making more according to my m-in-l in England. I don't know when we will get them. here. We watched "The Gilmore Girls" every week. I think my husband liked it more than I did...yes a GREAT town.

 
At Friday, January 13, 2012 , Blogger Glenda said...

I'm completely in love with the little town of Mitford snuggled in the mountains of North Carolina. Of course, it's a dream town created by the fabulous author Jan Karon with her stories of Father Tim in the Mitford Series books. I live in a quaint little village of Van Wyck, SC. It's full of old homes and some fantastic old churches. But best of all, it's full of the wonderful people I know and love.

 
At Friday, January 13, 2012 , Blogger Susan (Between Naps On The Porch.net) said...

Tracy...sounds wonderful!

 
At Friday, January 13, 2012 , Blogger Susan (Between Naps On The Porch.net) said...

I've never seen that...will have to look for it. I love cottages! What a cute name for a town...Mousehole. Love that!

 
At Friday, January 13, 2012 , Blogger Susan (Between Naps On The Porch.net) said...

Glenda, I just downloaded the first book in that series to Audible. Can't wait to read it! I'm so glad you and a few others mentioned it. I hadn't heard of the series but it sounds like something I will enjoy listening to when I'm out walking each day.

 
At Friday, January 13, 2012 , Blogger Jennifer said...

I'm a Texas girl, so I have a few Texas towns that I fantasize about living a leisurely-paced, down-home lifestyle in: Fredericksburg, Tx. and Marble Falls, Tx. I love the Hill Country and everytime we visit I get wistful about packing up the kids and the dogs and getting back to the 'basics of life' as dear ol' Waylon Jennings used to sing about...

 
At Friday, January 13, 2012 , Blogger Kathleen said...

The tv show, Royal pains takes place where I live. They film a lot of it here too.

You must watch Masterpiece Classics, Downton Abbey. Watch Season 1 first. The second season started last week. I think you will like it, so many of us do!

 
At Friday, January 13, 2012 , Blogger Kathleen said...

And Happy Birthday, dear Susan! I wish you a wonderful year!

 
At Friday, January 13, 2012 , Blogger Susan (Between Naps On The Porch.net) said...

Thanks, Kathleen! ♥
I've seen a few minutes of Masterpiece Classics, Downtown Abbey since it comes on PBS. It always looks so interesting. I wish I had seen it from the beginning.

 
At Friday, January 13, 2012 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love your blog and today's ponderings. Stars Hollow and Gilmore Girls is a favorite. You should get the series on DVD. Totally worth it!

 
At Saturday, January 14, 2012 , Anonymous Pat said...

Everyone in Atlanta needs to go to both Senoia and Serenbe -- cute cute places.

 
At Saturday, January 14, 2012 , Blogger Gayla said...

Susan, if you ever find yourself with down time a Netflix fix of The Gilmore Girls is your best friend. I was smitten years after it went off the air. I bought the box series as a special treat

 
At Saturday, January 14, 2012 , Blogger Susan (Between Naps On The Porch.net) said...

Thanks, Gayla...I just may have to try that!

 
At Saturday, January 14, 2012 , Blogger Twinkle Terrior said...

if you get the "soapnet" channel, they play gilmore-girls every weekend :) It is such a cute show :) happy w-end ox

 
At Saturday, January 14, 2012 , Blogger Ggomez said...

Susan I am pretty sure you covered my list to a T!
I loved Gilmore girls whatching with my girls was good times!(target has great deals on seasons)
I live in California and not all that far from Carmel so when I saw those little cottages I was shocked in to saying out loud,Who is this women !
You did not miss one of my favorites! All though a sweet friend moved to Gig Harbor Washington and it looks post card perfect! I Will visit!
Happy Birthday to a kindred spirit :)

 
At Sunday, January 15, 2012 , Blogger CarolAnne - camdesign said...

if i could i would live in Stars Hollow...

 
At Sunday, January 15, 2012 , Blogger {oc cottage} said...

you are so hilarious! Carmel-by-the-Sea is amazing...although you have to be as rich as Clint to live there! Washington Depot, Ct. is the real Stars Hollow...I ADORE the fake cottage in The Holiday...I watch it again and again just to see the cottage! Ballykissangel is another fake town I love...but I don't have a passport, so I can't go to the real town of Avoca, Ireland. GREAT POST! Truly!!!! Just think of how many people you had "imagining" all day long! ;}

m ^..^

 
At Monday, January 16, 2012 , Blogger Jojo said...

And in addition to Miss Honey's cottage, I love the house in The Ghost and Mrs. Muir.

 
At Monday, January 16, 2012 , Blogger Susan (Between Naps On The Porch.net) said...

I saw that just a few months ago...it was a cute cottage...even in black and white.

 
At Monday, January 16, 2012 , Blogger Susan (Between Naps On The Porch.net) said...

Love that show, Kathy!:)

 
At Tuesday, January 17, 2012 , Blogger Mary Lou said...

Oh Susan....we fantasized for years about living in Kiawah Island, SC. Last year we bit the bullet and bought our dream house there....ahhhhh

Come for a visit sometime...beautiful homes, natural landscape by the ocean, championship golf... ahhhh...nothin could be finer...

 
At Tuesday, January 17, 2012 , Blogger Susan (Between Naps On The Porch.net) said...

Hi Mary Lou, I love Kiawah...it is beautiful there. I flew into Kiawah with a friend on his King Air many years ago for a weekend Sunday School retreat. We had a fun weekend and Kiawah is beautiful! I remember seeing an article in a magazine of a beautifully decorated home there on Kiawah. I think I saved that magazine, although I can't remember now which one it was. Wish I could remember if it was Southern Homes or Southern Accents, or what magazine I saw it in. Do you remember seeing that article? It was a wonderful home and I think the couple had been visiting Kiawah for a while and decided to move there for good. I think they built the home...didn't buy an existing one.

 
At Wednesday, January 18, 2012 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Has anyone out there ever been to Micanopy Florida?

Thanks,

JO

 
At Thursday, January 19, 2012 , Anonymous Lassiegirl said...

The house and town that Julia Roberts flees to in the movie, Sleeping with the Enemy, has a nice breezy, old fashioned feel to it.

 
At Tuesday, January 24, 2012 , Blogger Peggy Beaman said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At Tuesday, January 24, 2012 , Blogger Peggy Beaman said...

We live in Roswell, Georgia, just around the corner from Canton Street. We lovingly call it Roshollow : )

 
At Monday, February 27, 2012 , Blogger Brooke said...

I love gilmore girls & stars hollow & coupeville!! I just recently moved from Alabama to Oregon & love my new small town! There is a new show I have been watching on hulu.com called "Hart of Dixie" that takes place in the fictional town of Bluebell, Alabama.. they have a cute gazebo & quirky events just like stars hollow but southern, very cute fictional town & I can relate a lot to the show b/c I was also a yankee that moved to AL.

 
At Monday, February 27, 2012 , Blogger Brooke said...

I love stars hollow & coupeville! I am loving living in my new small town in Oregon, after moving from Alabama.. but there is a new show on T.V. that you can also watch on hulu.com called "Hart of Dixie" that takes place in the fictional town of Bluebell, Alabama -- very cute w/ gazebo and quirky events, just like Stars Hollow but Southern, very cute!

 
At Monday, February 27, 2012 , Blogger Brooke said...

I love gilmore girls & stars hollow & coupeville!! I just recently moved from Alabama to Oregon & love my new small town! There is a new show I have been watching on hulu.com called "Hart of Dixie" that takes place in the fictional town of Bluebell, Alabama.. they have a cute gazebo & quirky events just like stars hollow but southern, very cute fictional town & I can relate a lot to the show b/c I was also a yankee that moved to AL.

 
At Monday, February 27, 2012 , Blogger Susan (Between Naps On The Porch.net) said...

Oh, Brooke, thanks for sharing that. I will look it up online. It sounds really cute. So hard to find shows that aren't filled with violence these days. I miss the good ole days when shows were fun and left you uplifted and in a good mood.

 

Post a Comment

Have BNOTP delivered right to your feed reader or Inbox. Subscription links are located at the top right. Thanks so much for your comments. I love hearing your thoughts and ideas! I moderate comments so don't worry if your comment doesn't post immediately. BNOTP is a happy place, a drama-free zone. :) In that regard, comments that are snarky, mean-spirited or possibly hurtful to BNOTP's much-loved visitors, will not be posted. Thanks always for your comment. You are the very best part of Between Naps on the Porch!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home