This Page

has been moved to new address

Napkin Folding Tutorial: Triple Pocket Fold
Between Naps on the Porch: Napkin Folding Tutorial: Triple Pocket Fold

Between Naps on the Porch

Between Naps on the Porch is a lifestyle blog with an emphasis on Decorating, Tablescaping, Before and Afters, Thrify Finds, and Gardening.

Oct 14, 2010

Napkin Folding Tutorial: Triple Pocket Fold

While we continue visiting all the wonderful tablescapes posted for Tablescape Thursday, I have another fun little napkin fold to share with you today. This fold creates three pretty little pockets where you'll be able to tuck in flatware or place cards or flowers or even a little favor for your guests, if you like.

I'll be doing more of these in the coming days/weeks. You'll find all of the napkin folding tutorials under the Tablescape Inspiration heading at the top of this blog. Just click on Tablescape Inspiration and scroll down past the tablescape picture links. They will be under the heading, Napkin Fold Tutorials. So far there are just two, but there will be more real soon. :)

Today, we are making the, Triple Pocket Fold. I didn't take time to press this napkin once I finished folding it, but I do think it would look better if the little pockets were pressed down some with a warm iron.

I used a 16" square napkin for this fold, but this particular fold looks more elegant with a larger napkin...like a 20 inch.

Your finished napkin should look something like this:










































For more napkin folding ideas, click on "Tablescapes♦Napkin Folds♦Party Ideas " at the top of this blog and scroll down a bit to where you'll find previous tutorials.

Labels:

33 Comments:

At Thursday, October 14, 2010 , Blogger Susy said...

That's a great tutorial ~ very easy to follow. I like that you can tuck in a flower or card. Thanks!

 
At Thursday, October 14, 2010 , Blogger Cristin // Simplified Bee said...

Thanks for the tutorial! I will have to try it.

xo,
cristin

 
At Thursday, October 14, 2010 , Blogger Purnima@a creative project said...

wow.. Thats superb!! I love it!!! Fantastic tutorial!! Its g8t to find all the decor related posts on your blog under one tab.

 
At Friday, October 15, 2010 , Blogger miruku said...

Thank you for the tutorial! Very clearly shown! I will try this later when i get home, thanks!!

~milka

 
At Friday, October 15, 2010 , Blogger Jill said...

This is a great tutorial! I can't wait to see more of the napkin folding!!!

 
At Friday, October 15, 2010 , Blogger Karena said...

Susan I really love this look, very elegant!!

I have a Luxurious New Giveaway on my site....Come and enter!!

Xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena

 
At Friday, October 15, 2010 , Blogger Chrissie said...

Great tutorial! I saved this post to refer to when I need it. Thanks!

 
At Friday, October 15, 2010 , Anonymous Dana Rene' said...

Very nice! Easy to follow directions, too! I really like the folds where you can put the silverware or what ever in a pocket. Looking forward to more from you! Thanks for sharing!

 
At Friday, October 15, 2010 , Blogger Farah said...

Susan thats great tutorial... really its so clear and easy to do, I ll have go for that... thanks for sharing

http://craftaworld.blogspot.com/
Love
Farah

 
At Friday, October 15, 2010 , Blogger Megan said...

I really like this one Susan. I used your first one for a dinner, will now have to try this one.
I love your site, I do not have a blog myself, but follow yours.
Thanks!

 
At Friday, October 15, 2010 , Blogger Johanna Gehrlein said...

Hi Susan,
this looks really elegant. I have to remember when I do another tablescape.
Greetings, Johanna

 
At Friday, October 15, 2010 , Blogger Lynn said...

What a great tutorial, you've made it very clear and easy to follow-thanks!

 
At Friday, October 15, 2010 , Blogger Lori said...

Great. thanks for the tip and tutorial.

 
At Friday, October 15, 2010 , Blogger Pearl Maple said...

nice susan, like the detailed tutorials

 
At Friday, October 15, 2010 , Blogger Mary said...

Thank you for the step by step tutorial! I think I better print this out! There are a lot of things to remember to make this elegent folded napkin.

You are so sweet to share. I love the arrows, because I need details!

Thank you again!
Mary
From Virginia

 
At Friday, October 15, 2010 , Blogger sweetjeanette said...

Thanks for this! Your pics and instructions are very nicely detailed! Love it!

 
At Friday, October 15, 2010 , Blogger La said...

Thanks for the tutorial! I will try this very soon.

Have a great weekend! La

 
At Friday, October 15, 2010 , Blogger Carol at Serendipity said...

Great tutorial. Step by step is what I need. I will bookmark your page and look forward to more. Thanks.

Carol

 
At Friday, October 15, 2010 , Blogger Linda (More Fun Less Laundry) said...

Wow Susan, you certainly make this seem easy with your instructions and photos. I'll try this one even if I do have to find the iron!:) Linda

 
At Friday, October 15, 2010 , Blogger Charo said...

Thanks for this great tutorial!!!

 
At Friday, October 15, 2010 , Blogger Kitty Deschanel said...

Thank you for the tutorial! What a beautiful way to set out napkins :)

 
At Friday, October 15, 2010 , Blogger Merlin said...

That napkin was so cool...ironed or not! :-D You made me laugh...I wanted it ironed, too. Think I'll try it for lunch and "surprise" my hubby. franki

 
At Friday, October 15, 2010 , Blogger erin rogers pickering said...

Excellent tutorial - thanks so much! can't wait to try it out.

 
At Friday, October 15, 2010 , Blogger How Sweet It Is-A lifestyle blog said...

This is awesome! You are so helpfu. I am learning so much from your blog!!

 
At Friday, October 15, 2010 , Anonymous vernic duford said...

Thanks for the tutoral.This would be nice for special occasion tablescape.

 
At Friday, October 15, 2010 , Blogger Vern said...

Thanks for tutoral will use it a lot. Can't wait for next one

 
At Friday, October 15, 2010 , Blogger My Cozy Casita said...

Thank Susan! for the tutorial.
You giving us the opportunity to show all the linens that we collect,that way thay get out of the linen drawer.
XOX

 
At Friday, October 15, 2010 , Anonymous Debbie L said...

Thanks for the tutorial. I love napkin folding. It just makes every meal seem more special. Keep the great ideas coming.

 
At Friday, October 15, 2010 , Blogger Sharon @ Elizabeth & Co. said...

Great tutorial! I love a sprig of rosemary tucked in a napkin. We did this for my daughter's wedding. Just a nice little extra touch and smells yummy too.

 
At Friday, October 15, 2010 , Blogger Savannah Granny said...

Great tutorial. I like the rosemary. It smells so good. Thanks for sharing

 
At Friday, October 15, 2010 , Blogger POOKIE said...

I love your napkin folding tutorial! The photos and notes make it seem easy. THANK YOU!

 
At Saturday, November 06, 2010 , Blogger Seedplanter Designs said...

I've never been much of a napkin-folder, but your tutorials have inspired me to dress up my table a bit more this holiday season. Love your photos and step-by-step instructions. Thank you!

 
At Wednesday, November 24, 2010 , Anonymous Pattie @ Olla-Podrida said...

I just finished folding 10 of these for my Thanksgiving table. Thanks for this great tutorial, they look beautiful!

 

Post a Comment

Have BNOTP delivered right to your feed reader or Inbox. Subscription links are located at the top right. Thanks so much for your comments. I love hearing your thoughts and ideas! I moderate comments so don't worry if your comment doesn't post immediately. BNOTP is a happy place, a drama-free zone. :) In that regard, comments that are snarky, mean-spirited or possibly hurtful to BNOTP's much-loved visitors, will not be posted. Thanks always for your comment. You are the very best part of Between Naps on the Porch!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home