This Page

has been moved to new address

Where Do You Blog? Party
Between Naps on the Porch: Where Do You Blog? Party

Between Naps on the Porch

Between Naps on the Porch is a lifestyle blog with an emphasis on Decorating, Tablescaping, Before and Afters, Thrify Finds, and Gardening.

Aug 28, 2010

Where Do You Blog? Party

Kate at Centsational Girl is having a Where Do You Blog? Party!


Have you ever wondered how the home offices or blogging spaces of your fellow bloggers might look? Where do they sit and create the posts you read? Be sure to stop by Kate's and check 'em all out!


Where Do I Blog?

When Max cat plants all 15 lbs of his furry, little body on top of my chest every morning asking to be fed, I roll out of bed, feed his Royal Furryness, and then...




I walk the 15 or so feet to my desk in the dressing room located just off my bedroom. My blogging spot is right in there...you can just see the chair from my bed.




So, now that you know from whence I blog...




I guess it's time I 'fessed up and shared who really writes all those posts you read.




Meet SAMMY!




Not only does Sammy create all the posts you read, but he's a whiz at using the mouse!




And he can really pound out posts on the old keyboard, lickety split!




After a hard day's blogging, Sammy likes to just sit back, kick up his feet...and admire his latest post. :)



So...that's where I, uh...I mean Sammy, blogs. Oh, there is one more spot that Sammy and I love to blog...click HERE to see one of my fav places to create posts. :) Stop by Centsational Girl to see where all your fellow bloggers do their blogging.

(You can get your own Sammy HERE.)

53 Comments:

At Monday, August 30, 2010 , Blogger Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

First of all, that bedroom is just gorgeous! I love it! and then..ok..ok..I am overwhelmed. Everything is beautiful and I want a place like that to blog in. I do! I do! (stamping foot!)
I really MUST work on my blogging space...because....NOT going to share it in the condition it is in.
I VOW to get started tomorrow on sprucing..however all the sprucing in the world won't turn me out a space like THAT!

*HEAVY sigh!*
Mona

 
At Monday, August 30, 2010 , Blogger Sandy said...

I just love "Sammy"....and your really nice space to do your blogging!
Such a nice idea Kate had to show where we all do our work... mine is not so creative due to my physical probs but it works for me..lol
Sandy

 
At Monday, August 30, 2010 , Blogger Paula@SweetPea said...

You have a pretty blogging space and a very cute helper.

 
At Monday, August 30, 2010 , Blogger Debbie said...

Very pretty, Susan! No wonder so many inspiring posts come out of your blog. Sammy sits in such a pretty space to do it.

 
At Monday, August 30, 2010 , Blogger Robin@DecoratingTennisGirl said...

Susan,
You funny girl! I love your chair that Sammy is sitting in. Very pretty fabric!
xoxo
Robin

 
At Monday, August 30, 2010 , Anonymous Emily@remodelingthislife said...

What a lovely space. Hi Sammy!! I like his feet up on the desk :)

 
At Monday, August 30, 2010 , Blogger kenju said...

Ronni at Time Goes BY has had a feature about blogger's spaces for over a year now.

 
At Monday, August 30, 2010 , Blogger Sue said...

Sammy, you are one heckuva ghost writer for BNOTP!!! Don't know where your boss found you, but you have quite the imagination and talent. I can't believe she has finally 'fessed up and let "her" fans in on this little secret. Hope she is paying you well, because you do a great job! And you're a cutie-pie, too.
~ Sue

 
At Monday, August 30, 2010 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is so funny, started my morning out just right!!

 
At Monday, August 30, 2010 , Blogger Christine said...

Cute and pretty space! He's a cheeky fellow...

 
At Monday, August 30, 2010 , Blogger Anita @ GoingALittleCoastal said...

He downed that tea and banana pretty fast!

 
At Monday, August 30, 2010 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lordy, Sammy is way too cute! I love it! And your bedroom and computer areas are so lovely...I hope Sammy appreciates your decorating abilities!

 
At Monday, August 30, 2010 , Blogger Connie in Hartwood said...

A Sock Monkey that matches your bedroom decor? Priceless!! What a lovely space to blog. Thanks for showing it to us.

Connie

 
At Monday, August 30, 2010 , Blogger Heather L. said...

Sammy is too cute!

I love your little dressing room area - it's gorgeous! I am jealous =)

 
At Monday, August 30, 2010 , Blogger Pam - @diy Design Fanatic said...

What a wonderful place to blog! And so nice of Sammy to write your blog posts!

 
At Monday, August 30, 2010 , Blogger Donna (Timeless Settings) said...

What a beautiful place to blog. Sammy is so funny with his feet propped up!!

Donna

 
At Monday, August 30, 2010 , Blogger Kath' said...

I really loved your space where you and Sammy do your blogging. Its a gorgeous home. My space needs tiding up before I can share mine with all of my friends. lol
Kath'

 
At Monday, August 30, 2010 , Blogger Julia @ Hooked on Houses said...

Ha! Got such a kick out of Sammy. So now we know who the real genius is behind your beautiful blog. I could use a Sammy of my own around here. Does he have a brother? ;-)

Love your blogging nook. Looks like such a cheery, sunny spot to work in!

 
At Monday, August 30, 2010 , Blogger Kate Riley said...

You've revealed your secret for all the world !! Sammy is the genius behind BNOTP ! Too funny, girl. Your space is very inviting, I love getting a peek into your life. Thanks so much for linking up today !!
xo
Kate

 
At Monday, August 30, 2010 , Anonymous Sarah said...

Here, jealous too! What a beautiful space! So comfy...

 
At Monday, August 30, 2010 , Blogger All That Glitters said...

I just love your room!!! I bought a new bed spread back at Christmas at Belks made by the Biltmore House line and I think it looks like yours! lol! I still have not put it on my bed can't you tell! I need to go look at it now! Cause yours looks wonderful!

Take care!
Jennifer

 
At Monday, August 30, 2010 , Blogger All That Glitters said...

Oh my!!! It is the same!!! The only difference is mine doesn't have the matching skirt and pillows like yours!!! If you don't mind! Pretty please would you drop me a hint where you got yours!!!

Thank you so much for any help!
Jennifer

 
At Monday, August 30, 2010 , Blogger Melanie {The Tiny Tudor} said...

What a great space! And a fun helper : )

 
At Monday, August 30, 2010 , Blogger Funky Junk Interiors said...

What a gorgeous room! Sammy's a lucky... monkey. :)

Donna
http://funkyjunkinteriors.blogspot.com/

 
At Monday, August 30, 2010 , Blogger Megan // Honey We're Home said...

OMG- I'm cracking up! Love your creativity!

 
At Monday, August 30, 2010 , Blogger Katie@LeBeauPaonVictorien said...

Ha! Very cute!
You have a sweet little office area. My blogging space is not nearly so cute!

 
At Monday, August 30, 2010 , Blogger GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

Oh, so nice! I love the idea that you have a place in your bedroom. I am so inspired! Great stopping by!
Kindly, ldh

 
At Monday, August 30, 2010 , Blogger NanE said...

LOL, so funny! That Sammy is one cute monkey!

 
At Monday, August 30, 2010 , Blogger CHERI said...

Your bedroom is beautiful. I think we either have the same comforter or very similar...definitely same colors...also checked/plaid bedskirt but my checks are smaller. That tells me I must have good taste because anything you do is gorgeous!

 
At Monday, August 30, 2010 , Blogger Sue said...

This is cute. I'll be Sammy doesn't get nearly as stiff sitting for hours on the computer that the rest of us do!

 
At Monday, August 30, 2010 , Blogger Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Susan, your are too funny and I love your blogging space. So pretty.

 
At Monday, August 30, 2010 , Blogger Glenda/MidSouth said...

What a pretty place to blog! Love that bedroom.
Enjoy your week.

 
At Monday, August 30, 2010 , Blogger BECKY said...

Sammy is hilarious!! And if your bedroom area always looks that fabulous, then how can we possibly share with The World, our "semi" messy areas??!! :D

 
At Monday, August 30, 2010 , Blogger Jess @ Reclaimed Marketplace said...

Very cute!!! Love the space. The monkey made me smile! Its my first time being on your blog I really love it! I just started a blog of my own! I found your blog on the "where do you blog party" at

http://www.centsationalgirl.com/2010/08/where-do-you-blog-party/

 
At Monday, August 30, 2010 , Blogger Courtney ~ French Country Cottage said...

Love it!! Love your monkey and your bedroom is gorgeous! :)

 
At Monday, August 30, 2010 , Blogger Yvonne @ StoneGable said...

Most people have ghosts writers, you have a monkey!!!
Beautiful area to blog. But I would not expect less from you.
xoYvonne

 
At Monday, August 30, 2010 , Blogger Laurel @ Ducks in a Row said...

I think I need a Sammy, too. My kids would love him and I'll take all the help I can get - oh, and your bedroom is gorgeous!

 
At Monday, August 30, 2010 , Blogger xinex said...

Great space, Susan! very convenient. I thought mine was so close to my bed too but I think yours is closer...Christine

 
At Monday, August 30, 2010 , Blogger Pinky said...

You are too darn funny girl! Sammy is quite creative...and FUNNY! Now, if I were out on that porch there wouldn't be much blogging getting done (IF I had a blog:):). I would be too busy watching the birds and beautiful sights! Have a great week! XO, Pinky

 
At Tuesday, August 31, 2010 , Blogger Kristen said...

I am just laughing over Sammy kicking his feet up like that...what a pretty room! My mom has those same fabrics in her home and I just love them.

 
At Tuesday, August 31, 2010 , Blogger Tales From My Empty Nest said...

Can I borrow Sammy? Maybe I could get caught up. Love your gorgeous bedroom! Thanks for sharing. Love & blessings from NC!

 
At Tuesday, August 31, 2010 , Blogger Jane said...

Beautiful spot from which to blog! And Sammy is adorable - what a cute idea to share him with your followers! Thanks for the link to the party - headed that way to check it out right now!

 
At Tuesday, August 31, 2010 , Blogger René said...

Thank you for adding Sammy to the post. It gave me a laugh just when I needed it. Your workspace is beautiful as I would have expected. I love the chair fabric.

-Rene

 
At Tuesday, August 31, 2010 , Blogger Beth at Aunties said...

Sammy is delightful!!!!
Your bedroom makeover is gorgeous! You have created a simply beautiful place to create all the beautiful posts you (opps... Sammy) do for our benefit.
Thanks for a fun fun post!!!~♥

 
At Tuesday, August 31, 2010 , Blogger Unknown said...

Wow, I love your space! What a creative use of the dressing room. Sammy is cute too.

 
At Tuesday, August 31, 2010 , Blogger La said...

I really love your chair, Sammy...I mean Susan. My son would love this post as he is a big 20 year old sock monkey fan.

Have a great week! La

 
At Tuesday, August 31, 2010 , Blogger Marivic said...

So shabby chic space! Loove the monkey too!

 
At Tuesday, August 31, 2010 , Blogger kate blue said...

love it all...wouldn't work for me since hubby goes to bed waayy earlier than I do (cause of the blogging lol) so...

 
At Tuesday, August 31, 2010 , Anonymous Linda @bushel and a pickle said...

Wish I had a Sammy to help me out! Yet, if i had a space a beautiful as yours maybe I wouldn't need sammy! Thanks for a happy fun post on a rainy day!

 
At Wednesday, September 01, 2010 , Blogger The Pennington Point said...

Oh my goodness! The monkey cracks me up. Lovely room, Lisa~

 
At Wednesday, September 01, 2010 , Blogger John'aLee said...

What a crack up! I just love Sammy!! I need to borrow him too!
Your bedroom is lovely.

 
At Wednesday, September 01, 2010 , Blogger Roberta said...

You are too funny Susan, a.k.a. Sammy ;) Like the new look of your blog...I'm in the middle of a spruce up myself...oh my! It's tough to change...a bit scary but I'm trying to improve my subscribers and my coach said that I needed to clean up my blogs! I have to keep reminding myself that while I'm in the middle of it...lol Have a great week Susan and so happy for the Guideposts/Kelee Miracle Makeover this past weekend ;)
Fondly, Roberta
http://con-tain-it.typepad.com

 
At Thursday, September 02, 2010 , Blogger Robyn said...

Oh Susan! I ADORE both spots that you and Sammy blog in! I'm totally sure that the chirping of the birds and the weeee bit of rum in that pink drink adds OHSOMUCH inspiration too! I know it would help me! ;-0

 

Post a Comment

Have BNOTP delivered right to your feed reader or Inbox. Subscription links are located at the top right. Thanks so much for your comments. I love hearing your thoughts and ideas! I moderate comments so don't worry if your comment doesn't post immediately. BNOTP is a happy place, a drama-free zone. :) In that regard, comments that are snarky, mean-spirited or possibly hurtful to BNOTP's much-loved visitors, will not be posted. Thanks always for your comment. You are the very best part of Between Naps on the Porch!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home