This Page

has been moved to new address

Target Birds on Holiday, Outdoor Wednesday and What's On Your Wall Wednesday
Between Naps on the Porch: Target Birds on Holiday, Outdoor Wednesday and What's On Your Wall Wednesday

Between Naps on the Porch

Between Naps on the Porch is a lifestyle blog with an emphasis on Decorating, Tablescaping, Before and Afters, Thrify Finds, and Gardening.

Apr 15, 2009

Target Birds on Holiday, Outdoor Wednesday and What's On Your Wall Wednesday


Wednesday is the day...the day all Target birds return from their high-flying adventures. All across Blogland, exhausted and happy Target birds are flying in with huge grins on their faces. Why? Because they have been on holiday for the past week...and what fun they did have!

I'll be linking to Outdoor Wednesday with Susan at A Southern Daydreamer, since there are lots of outdoor pics in this post. :-)

Here's an additional one that I wanted to share today...I took it while working on this week's Tablescape Thursday post. The Goldfinches are back and they are hungry! Look at this guy coming in for a landing. There were so many, I ended up putting two nyjer feeders out. Please click on the pic to enlarge it for a much better view.

Be sure and visit Susan by clicking HERE for more outdoor fun!

I'm am also linking this post to Barb's, What's on Your Wall Wednesday...since Emma and Harold spend their days (when not on holiday) on a shelf...which just so happens to be mounted to a wall. :-) Be sure to visit Barb at Grits and Glamour by clicking HERE.


My Target birds, Emma and Harold were last seen by Max kitty taking off for parts unknown. Max tried to stop them but they were determined and managed to get by him...


As they left, they promised they would be back in a week. True to their word, they have returned...bringing back wild stories and pictures of all their fun and escapades!

Emma and Harold started their week's vacation by doing a little house hunting...they seriously consider this little Italian villa....



But in the end, they went with a lovely, 3 hole, I mean 3 bedroom, cottage that their realtor (dressed in blue) showed them. Emma especially liked the landscaped backyard, complete with a pergola overhead.


After buying their cozy cottage, they settled in. Harold likes to spend his time in the family room where he lovingly hung a painting over the mantel of his father, Big Bird, an actor with a prestigious career in a long running television sitcom. Emma can usually be found downstairs baking in the kitchen.


When cooking, Emma prefers to use the fresh vegetables she gathers from the garden she and Harold put in during their holiday. Harold has a reputation for having the biggest and juiciest tomatoes in the neighborhood!


While Emma and Harold were taking a break from tablescaping work, they managed to get in a few games of Monopoly. Emma, being a typical woman...always likes to be the "shoe"...you know how we women love our shoes. Harold, however, loves being the hat...which he usually insists on wearing throughout the game.

Emma has been known to pitch a regular hissy fit, throwing herself down on the floor and kicking her feet, if she draws the Chance card sending her "Directly to Jail."


Harold usual takes pity on her and shares his "Get Out Of Jail Free" card...that Harold is such a gentlebird.


After all the house hunting and gardening last week, Emma and Harold decided to take a real vacation and set out to see the sites. They enjoyed some time at Yosemite...the waterfalls are especially beautiful in the spring time after the winter thaw.


Yosemite had a great little playground area making Emma and Harold feel like fledglings all over again. Harold kept trying to get Emma to come have a go at the see-saw, but Emma was having way too much fun playing on the slide.


Emma and Harold managed to get a little shopping in while on holiday. Harold preferred to window shop but Emma insisted on going into some of the quaint shoppes.


While on holiday, Harold took Emma to The Ivy for a romantic candlelit dinner. They were treated like royalty...it really helps having a famous father in show biz.


While dining, Harold ran into one of his father's old friends, Oscar, another well-known actor with whom his Dad worked on the same sitcom. Oscar is a bit eccentric, as many actors tend to be, and has an "unusual" home near the restaurant where Emma and Harold dined.


Harold got a little restless while on holiday and longed to try something a bit more adventurous. He convinced Emma to go on one of those crazy helicopter rides.


Emma didn't really get the whole helicopter thing since flying is something they do all the time.



Emma and Harold were more than a little embarrassed when their helicopter had to make an emergency landing in the midst of a nud*ist colony!


Harold, however, quickly recovered and joined in the fun. Emma is saving this picture for future blackmail...after all, a bird can never have too many dishes for tablescaping.


Emma and Harold are back home now, resting up after their big adventure. They are enjoying their evenings in their cozy cottage under the pergola, while their days are spent here amongst the dishes, awaiting their next tablescaping assignment.


I wonder what all the other Target birds did while away on holiday...let's go see! :-)

If you are participating in Target Birds on Holiday, please be sure to add your permalink below, and not your general blog address. That way visitors to your blog will find the correct post, even if they click on the link weeks from now.

Please copy and paste the Target Birds on Holiday button to your computer. Then you can upload it to your side bar and use it in your post so your visitors will know you are participating.

Please link back to the host blog, Between Naps on the Porch. This is important because it helps those who are visiting your blog, find the other fun Target Birds posts.

Please do not add your link below, until your post is actually published to your blog.

The following blogs are participating in Target Birds on Holiday:



Little reminder: Thursday is Tablescape Thursday...Mr. Linky will be up by 9:00 PM Wednesday evening.

65 Comments:

At Tuesday, April 14, 2009 , Blogger Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

LOL LOL Susan...I a still howling at the nudists!!! What a fun post! Thanks for coming up with this idea! I think everyone had a blast creating the posts. Now I can't wait to see what everyone did!!...hugs...Debbie

 
At Tuesday, April 14, 2009 , Blogger Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

Oh my gosh Susan,
That is just the most clever and fun post ever! Love the nudist colony and helicopter rides. Mine will look a little pale in comparison. Love the beautiful colors and outdoor pics too. Your a clever woman, Cindy

 
At Tuesday, April 14, 2009 , Anonymous Pat@Back Porch Musings said...

I can see Harold and Emma certainly enjoyed their time away from tablescaping!

Cute post, Susan!

 
At Tuesday, April 14, 2009 , Blogger Faye said...

susan,great post.i love your blog!have a great evening. blessings, faye

 
At Tuesday, April 14, 2009 , Blogger Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

Oh Susan that was so funny...I just know this is really going to be a fun time in blogland today..I am up and running...come by and see what Lucy and Ethel did for their hoilday..hugs and smiles Dear friend...Gl♥ria

 
At Tuesday, April 14, 2009 , Blogger Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

Oh this has been such fun! All these birdies have had a blast all week!

 
At Tuesday, April 14, 2009 , Blogger Margaret said...

Love it and love love the nudist colony!!!!

 
At Tuesday, April 14, 2009 , Blogger Denise said...

How fun is this! I m going to post what my 2 "love birds" did while on vacation with me in Florida! I won't be for a couple of days though!

Have a great day, Denise

 
At Tuesday, April 14, 2009 , Blogger Unknown said...

Susan! I am having so much fun reading these posts! Love the trolls! What a blast!

~Really Rainey~

 
At Tuesday, April 14, 2009 , Blogger Neabear said...

You are having too much fun. Well, I am too. I had to laugh at the nudist camp part. So funny. Great post!

 
At Tuesday, April 14, 2009 , Blogger Jewel Sauls said...

Too funny! The Trolls are hilarious! :D Jewel

 
At Tuesday, April 14, 2009 , Blogger Knitty said...

Oh my...nudity! Good thing there was a lot of hair to cover body parts! LOL!

 
At Tuesday, April 14, 2009 , Blogger Kat said...

Very, very clever. I'm glad they haven't flown the coop for good and made it back safe and sound. What an adventure they had, hope that the nudie trolls didn't offend Emma's sensibilities too much lol! This was too much fun! Kathy

 
At Tuesday, April 14, 2009 , Blogger Gypsy aka Tam said...

Susan,
your post is awesome!!! LOL! Thank you for hosting such a fun and unexpected event. I had a blast playing along.
Have a wonderful Wednesday,
Tam

 
At Tuesday, April 14, 2009 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, Susan! What imagination! The nudist colony! And the little wig! You're a hoot! This is so much fun and I just can't wait to go and read all of the birdie adventures!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia :)

 
At Tuesday, April 14, 2009 , Anonymous ellen b said...

Oh what fun Emma and Harold had. I especially love that they played monopoly!! Great shots of their adventure...

 
At Tuesday, April 14, 2009 , Blogger susan said...

This was too much fun!! Saving those old trolls finally paid off! This is more fun than cooking and painting! THANK YOU !!

 
At Tuesday, April 14, 2009 , Blogger Painter's Place said...

OMG!! Your birds have done some traveling. Mine just flew out the front door and into my wisteria tree. This was such a cute idea. Thanks for coming up with it!

 
At Tuesday, April 14, 2009 , Blogger Martha said...

How cute and clever! Loved reading your post! I think I'm the only one that never got those birds!

 
At Tuesday, April 14, 2009 , Blogger xinex said...

LOL! Susan, your birdies sure took advantage of their release. They had so much fun and I had so much fun following them...Christine

 
At Tuesday, April 14, 2009 , Blogger Barb said...

Just the cutest!! Thanks Susan for coming up with such a fun project.

Barb

 
At Tuesday, April 14, 2009 , Blogger Chandy said...

Ha, ha! Those nudists got them! Well your pair certainly knew how to party, huh? Another great meme, Susan! I'll be joining the fun soon!

 
At Tuesday, April 14, 2009 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a lot of fun! Beau and Bella enjoyed staying with Emma and Harold, and made it safely back to the North.

Warm regards,
Debbykay at Rose Cottage Gardens and Farm

 
At Tuesday, April 14, 2009 , Blogger Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

Oh Susan, what fun this was! Harold was just about to get himself in trouble in that nudist colony! You have really created a lot of wing flapping in Blogville, and it is so much fun! The goldfinches are so pretty. laurie

 
At Tuesday, April 14, 2009 , Blogger Melissa Miller said...

A nudist colony...
HAHAHA! Tooooo funny!

Thanks Susan!
This was so much fun! :)

 
At Tuesday, April 14, 2009 , Blogger Susie Q said...

This was such a joy to read! I was giggling and smiling and, when I got to the nudist camp (silly trolls!) part I laughed out loud! Okay, so I GUFFAWED! What fun yo are!
Now, I had begun to think I was the only blogger left who did not have a set of birdies. I was forlorn, bereft of all joy, heck. I was a mess. But today, on a whim, I ran by Target. Why should THIS day be any different...they had never had the birdies before...
but there they were...ONE set just waiting for me! I practically screamed with delight!! I grabbed up Elton and Billy Sue and ran to the checkout.

Thank you for always providing something sweet, inspirational and beautiful for us to read/see/visit!

Warmly,
Sue

 
At Wednesday, April 15, 2009 , Blogger Valerie said...

Your post was delightful! Thanks for sharing and Happy Outdoor Wednesday!

Valerie

 
At Wednesday, April 15, 2009 , Blogger Life on the Edge said...

This was great! I had so much fun reading about the adventures of Emma and Harold. I especially loved when they landed in the Troll nudist colony. So funny! And I loved their adventures on Sesame Street!

Kady

 
At Wednesday, April 15, 2009 , Blogger Faye said...

SUSAN,PLEASE PRAY FOR MY DAUGHTERS AUTISM CONF. TODAY! BLESSINGS, FAYE

 
At Wednesday, April 15, 2009 , Blogger P. said...

Lovely birds.

Alfazema

 
At Wednesday, April 15, 2009 , Blogger jessiev said...

The adventures of Emma and Harold were hilarious. Very special little birds, those two. I'm so mad at myself for not getting out to Target to join in the fun. Going to check out what some of the other Target birds did on their Holiday breaks.

 
At Wednesday, April 15, 2009 , Blogger Tammy518 said...

Too cute! I loved it all, especially the part about landing in a nudist colony. Their new house is very pretty.

 
At Wednesday, April 15, 2009 , Blogger The Raggedy Girl said...

What an inspired post, I really loved it.

Have a Wonderful Wednesday
from Roberta Anne--The Raggedy Girl

 
At Wednesday, April 15, 2009 , Blogger Terri Steffes said...

Good grief, I am at school and nearly wet my pants! You are too much!!

Come and see my Governor's Mansion in spring bloom for my Outdoor Wednesday post!

 
At Wednesday, April 15, 2009 , Blogger Crystal said...

I have to admit I was not sure what Target Birds were, but now I do. Thanks for hosting a great post. They are all very creative.

Have a great day!

 
At Wednesday, April 15, 2009 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Susan ,this is so much fun.how in the world did you think of this?
what ideas you had here.and a nudist colony?how fun!!
mine is a little dif.remember,i didn't have any,so mine couldn't go on vacation,they just came to me.please don't"fire"
me...Ann

 
At Wednesday, April 15, 2009 , Blogger Linda in AZ * said...

* OK Sweetie, what I'D like to know is WHO was having more fun, you or "them"??? I was SMILING at first, THENNNNN, really CHUCKLING at envisioning you... running all over your elegant house, sun-porch, yard etc., "talking" into the air to "china birds", trolls n' things~~~~ Just SOOOO funny! It was FABULOUS! Thanks for a WONDERFULLY LIGHT-HEARTED way to start the day!!! SOOOO DELIGHTFUL!!! Love n' thanks for such a CREATIVE, NEW TREAT!!! Linda *

 
At Wednesday, April 15, 2009 , Blogger Julia @ Hooked on Houses said...

This post was just too cute! I loved seeing all the fun adventures the birds went on. Got such a kick out of the "nudist colony," too. Ha.

 
At Wednesday, April 15, 2009 , Anonymous Christi @ A Southern Life said...

This post was great! I'll be laughing at those two birdies adventures all day! That will really come in handy as I am sitting in a boring lunch meeting. Wish Harold and Emma could come along.

 
At Wednesday, April 15, 2009 , Blogger SmilingSally said...

LOL You really worked on this one! Good job.

 
At Wednesday, April 15, 2009 , Blogger Cathy Miller said...

That is HYSTERICAL! You are so clever and funny...good job, lots of fun!

 
At Wednesday, April 15, 2009 , Blogger Helen said...

I really WANT to be Emma! How fun this post was!

 
At Wednesday, April 15, 2009 , Blogger susan said...

Susan--*News Flash* Just as I was putting the Target Birds away a REAL bird flew into my house!!(thru a window without a screen/going to kill the husband) Do you think it's an omen, revenge...??!!He or she is locked in my bathroom as I write...more later :)

 
At Wednesday, April 15, 2009 , Blogger SavoringTime in the Kitchen said...

What a great post! I am also one of the very few who doesn't own them. Oh no, a real bird too?

 
At Wednesday, April 15, 2009 , Blogger SavoringTime in the Kitchen said...

What a great post! I loved Monopoly!

 
At Wednesday, April 15, 2009 , Blogger LADY JANE said...

Lol...your post is adorable...I so wish I would have participated! I will be peeking around at some other Target Bird Adventure!

 
At Wednesday, April 15, 2009 , Blogger Unknown said...

Those two little birds are quite the movers and shakers, aren't they? Thanks for sharing their fun adventures.

PS: The pictures of the gold finches are beautiful....I don't think we have those in Houston. :)

 
At Wednesday, April 15, 2009 , Blogger bj said...

Great post, Susan...hasn't this been so fun. I wish I could sit here all day and watch the birds having adventures..but..life is calling!
Thanks for this wonderful and fun "getaway"...I loved every minute of it...
hugs, bj

 
At Wednesday, April 15, 2009 , Blogger Charlene said...

Loved the birds on your feeder!!!! And the Target Birds are a hoot!

 
At Wednesday, April 15, 2009 , Blogger Karen said...

Hi Susan, This has been so much fun. I have to admit my husband thinks I am nuts running around with my Target birds snapping photos! Love your beautiful blog and your creativeness!!

 
At Wednesday, April 15, 2009 , Blogger Pinky said...

I have thoroughly enjoyed my visit and seeing the birdies on their adventures!!!!!!!!!! TOOOOOOO funny, GF! You are a very clever, imaginative girl! I totally FORGOT about this and didn't take MY birdies out for their adventure:(:( Oh dear! Thanks so much for this great post! Pinky

 
At Wednesday, April 15, 2009 , Blogger Cottage Rose said...

Hey Susan; My goodness they sure did have a great time. I love the photos they took. How daring they both are.
Another wonderful post I'm still laughing... :o]

Hugs;
Alaura

 
At Wednesday, April 15, 2009 , Blogger Rattlebridge Farm said...

This was a fun post!

 
At Wednesday, April 15, 2009 , Blogger joyh82 said...

OMG those target birdies get around :) Love the post! I will have to get me some of those. :)

 
At Wednesday, April 15, 2009 , Blogger Susan @ A Southern Daydreamer said...

Happy Outdoor Wednesday Susan...
Sorry I haven't been around as much lately..... I haven't felt good. Thanks for sharing your photos.~ Susan

 
At Wednesday, April 15, 2009 , Blogger Bobbi Jo Nichols said...

Too cute! Hugs, Bobbi Jo

 
At Wednesday, April 15, 2009 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a fun and charming post. I can see a lot of thought went into it. I loved the part about the nudists too. Thank you for hosting.

 
At Wednesday, April 15, 2009 , Blogger Renae Moore said...

So cute! What a great imagination you have! Tell me, what kind of feed do you put out to get those gorgeous birds...I get birds but little ones, some nice sized red birds and the morning doves love the bird bath!
Blessings...

 
At Wednesday, April 15, 2009 , Blogger Kris said...

Ha' what a fun post. Those birds sure do get around. A nudist colony?? LOL too funny!

The yellow finches are beautiful. We have a family of Robins on our front porch. It is such fun watching Mama Robin and Dad take care of the little birds.

Have a happy day

Kris

 
At Wednesday, April 15, 2009 , Blogger Linda C said...

Very cute and clever!! Those birds get around:) I don't have a set of these lovely birds, but have enjoyed reading about their adventures in blogland! Thanks for hosting this --so much fun!

Linda C

 
At Wednesday, April 15, 2009 , Blogger The Nester said...

you are insane.

and I love you.

 
At Wednesday, April 15, 2009 , Blogger Swampgirl said...

I loved joining in, but, I don't think I did my link right. Sorry- I guess I'll have to study up on it! I have enjoyed looking at everyone's birds!!

 
At Thursday, April 16, 2009 , Blogger cindy said...

This was the cutest idea! I hope you do it again because I want to get in on all the fun! Nudist colony!!! lol! Too much!! ~Cindy~

 
At Sunday, April 19, 2009 , Blogger Nancy Holte said...

Do you write children's books? If not, you should. This is hysterical!

 
At Tuesday, April 21, 2009 , Blogger Donna said...

How clever!!! Loved visiting with your beautiful little birdies! The tophat on the bird in the Monopoly board was priceless, and what memories the Sesame Street house brought back (my girls are now 20 and 23 - it's been a LONG time since I've seen one of those!)... Donna @ An Enchanted Cottage

 

Post a Comment

Have BNOTP delivered right to your feed reader or Inbox. Subscription links are located at the top right. Thanks so much for your comments. I love hearing your thoughts and ideas! I moderate comments so don't worry if your comment doesn't post immediately. BNOTP is a happy place, a drama-free zone. :) In that regard, comments that are snarky, mean-spirited or possibly hurtful to BNOTP's much-loved visitors, will not be posted. Thanks always for your comment. You are the very best part of Between Naps on the Porch!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home