This Page

has been moved to new address

Good Golly, I've Been Tagged! :o)
Between Naps on the Porch: Good Golly, I've Been Tagged! :o)

Between Naps on the Porch

Between Naps on the Porch is a lifestyle blog with an emphasis on Decorating, Tablescaping, Before and Afters, Thrify Finds, and Gardening.

Sep 15, 2008

Good Golly, I've Been Tagged! :o)


Saturday, I was tagged by sweet Bo, whose blog is Blinks 'N Winks from Brown-Eyes,
http://blinksnwinksfrombrown-eyes.blogspot.com/ . Bo tagged me for a game where once tagged, you tell 7 things about yourself....some random and some weird. Well, it should be easy to come up with the weird ones. (LOL) Geesh, I have to actually reveal all the stuff I've been working so hard to hide!
:-)
Let's see...random and weird...here goes:

1. I took flying lessons when I was 19 and in college. I soloed in a Cessna 150.
2. I love historic homes and have a secret dream to live in one... some day.
3. I love Altoids peppermint chewing gum and always have some in my car, at work and at home.
4. For fun, I enjoy hiking in the north Georgia mountains and biking on The Silver Comet Trail.
5. I must have some noise at night when I'm trying to fall asleep...so in the winter I run an air purifier and in the summer, I run a fan...ok...is that weird? :-)
6. My son, who is 25 years old, just started his first year of law school.
7. I work full time as a Case Manager, investigating suspected cases of abuse, neglect and exploitation of the elderly and disabled.

OK, now for the rules:
1. Link your tagger and list these rules on your blog.
2: Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird
3. Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs.

The 7 people I would like to tag are:

1. Robyn, There is Always Thyme for..... http://thereisalwaysthymefor.blogspot.com/
2. Kendra, Shabby Vintage Chic, http://shabbyvintagechic.blogspot.com/
3. Gollum, Designs by Gollum http://designsbygollum.blogspot.com/
4. Rhondi, Rose Colored Glasses, http://rhondisrosecoloredglasses.blogspot.com/
5. Diane, A Picture is Worth a 1,000 Words, http://diane1876.blogspot.com/
6. Ceekay, Thinkin' of Home, http://thinkinofhome.blogspot.com/
7. Sally, Salmagundi, http://sallyssalmagundi.blogspot.com/

Thanks again, Bo, for a fun game...it's fun learning new things about everyone!

Important information below for Tablescape Tuesday participants
:
Please e-mail me at betweennapsontheporch@gmail.com , or comment here, if you wish to participate. I will post a list of all those who are participating at the top of my blog on Tuesday. For additional information, click on the Tablescape Tuesday logo on my side bar. Look forward to seeing your tablescapes!

17 Comments:

At Monday, September 15, 2008 , Blogger Glenda said...

A fan running isn't too weird, I'll tell you weird, about noise required for sleeping. DH has to have the TV on. It doesn't matter what channel. If I turn it off, he suddenly wakes up. Now that, to me is weird. Leave it on, and he sleeps the night away; turn it off and he wakes almost immediately. If I am still awake and on the computer, and mute the sound, it disturbs his rest. I think it is a combination of the sound and light from the TV that helps him sleep.

 
At Monday, September 15, 2008 , Blogger Stephanie ~ Angelic Accents said...

Enjoyed reading your facts! You are doing important work!!

See you Tuesday ~ looking forward to posting my tablescape, too!

Big TX Hugs,
Stephanie
Angelic Accents

 
At Monday, September 15, 2008 , Blogger Bo said...

Hi Susan...Thanks for "exposing" yourself...haha. You are a gutsy lady learning to fly at all, much less at 19...and I didn't even know Altoids made gum...Plus, it can't be bad having a lawyer in the family in this crazy world...Kudos to you for the work you do!
Also, count me in for Tablescape Tuesday... ;-) Bo

 
At Monday, September 15, 2008 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing another interesting part of your life... I too sleep with a fan year round..the one on the night table is about 6" big and then I have the ceiling fan going year round.. after almost 30 years of marriage I think dh has just gotten used to it... :-) Don't you love flying? I know I sure do... I'm looking forward to tomorrows post of tablescapes.... hugs ~lynne~

 
At Monday, September 15, 2008 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh dear,we have the same fetish,I have to have a fan running.I don't think it's strange,do you?ha Hey,you forgot to tell them about your name being Bree and coming all the way home from work one day to re-take that pic of the light in your porch because it had a spider-web on it.Didn't think I'd remember did you?....Ann

 
At Monday, September 15, 2008 , Blogger santamaker said...

Dang, girl! You flew a plane solo? Never would have guessed that one... I need a fan on at night , but mostly for the power surges that make me sooo hot.!
Your job sounds pretty stressful. You sure you don't want to quit and become a professional "treasure hunter" with me?!
be good,
santa

 
At Monday, September 15, 2008 , Blogger Kathysue said...

OK, this is just too wierd, I have slept with a fan for over 38 yrs. My husband works night shifts sometimes and he has used it to sleep, and his father did also. When my boys married I told their new wive, SORRY< you will now sleep with a fan on for the noise. The other thing in common is my new love for the elderly. My Mom's husband is in a residential care and I have grown to have a heart for the ederly , which is something I would have never thought would happen. You are a very busy lady, do you work full-time?? The more I know about you the more I like you so not to worry about your 7 secrets haha. Have a great day. kathysue

 
At Monday, September 15, 2008 , Blogger Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

Great post again Susan, How how proud you must be of your Son going to be a Lawyer Girl I would be structing like a peacock if I was you.. and how great to solo an airplane at the age of 19 I woud have loved to have done it at that age...I was 30 when I started flying..

Now I can sleep with a fight going on around me...You put a TV in front of me and I am gone for sure..Now my DH has the ceiling fan going all night even in the winter time..
I so admire what you do for a living Susan...what a great job to have the rewards must be many..I know whe I worked at the Blind center teaching a make up class the feeling I had so great..Have a great day dear friend..Hugs and smiles tell my Boy of yours Congrats from me.. Gloria

 
At Monday, September 15, 2008 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just knew you were a remarkable person..

 
At Monday, September 15, 2008 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cute post!

I usually have to have a fan on or the TV, to fall asleep.

I've really enjoyed reading your list. What an interesting life you have!

Enjoy your week!

 
At Monday, September 15, 2008 , Blogger Salmagundi said...

Your beautiful home must be a great place to come home to after such a stressful job. I see you have tagged me - I'll get on that in a few days, as I must think about it. Take care, sally

 
At Monday, September 15, 2008 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Susan,
I'm participating this week in Tablescapes. Here is the direct link to my post
http://happywonderer.wordpress.com/2008/09/15/tuesday-tablescape/

Thank you for hosting and coming up with this fun idea...
If you click on my name here it will also take you directly to my tablescape post not my main page. Thanks....

 
At Monday, September 15, 2008 , Blogger Kelley said...

I am trying to get up the nerve to share a tablescape with you on Tuesday but I may have to wait until next week. I have a Fall one that's almost done.

 
At Monday, September 15, 2008 , Blogger Tomarie said...

Woohoo on having the guts to take flying lessons! I thought I was being brave when I rode a jet ski! LOL :-)
I know you've got to be awfully proud of your son! Congrats to him AND you!
T~

 
At Monday, September 15, 2008 , Blogger nikkicrumpet said...

Your job must be so stressful and emotionally draining. It's such important work! I love these tags because we get to know each other so much better. have a great night!

 
At Monday, September 15, 2008 , Blogger Susan (Between Naps On The Porch.net) said...

Thanks everyone for such sweet comments! I so appreciate every one! Love you guys!
Susan

 
At Monday, September 15, 2008 , Blogger Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

My post is ready for Tablescape Tuesday!!

 

Post a Comment

Have BNOTP delivered right to your feed reader or Inbox. Subscription links are located at the top right. Thanks so much for your comments. I love hearing your thoughts and ideas! I moderate comments so don't worry if your comment doesn't post immediately. BNOTP is a happy place, a drama-free zone. :) In that regard, comments that are snarky, mean-spirited or possibly hurtful to BNOTP's much-loved visitors, will not be posted. Thanks always for your comment. You are the very best part of Between Naps on the Porch!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home