This Page

has been moved to new address

Another Classy Flea Friday!
Between Naps on the Porch: Another Classy Flea Friday!

Between Naps on the Porch

Between Naps on the Porch is a lifestyle blog with an emphasis on Decorating, Tablescaping, Before and Afters, Thrify Finds, and Gardening.

Sep 19, 2008

Another Classy Flea Friday!


Ok, you all talked me into it! (LOL) When I visited the Flea this week, I bought those cute little swans I saw last week...they will be used as salt cellars. I, also, bought two of the cute birds...a pink and a white. Such a great price...couldn't resist...besides you guys twisted my arm! :-)

And I couldn't resist this cute oval frame with real pressed flowers inside. Thought it would make for a great fall decoration...love the warm colors.


Ok, ready to go shopping? Let's see what other treasures we can find this week at A Classy Flea!

Wall clock, $36.95

Venetian glass tray, $28.95

Queen size bed with rails...not brass, but for $75, not bad

At Home with Flowers, $6.50

New Swedish Style, $6.95

Shabby chic, vintage sideboard, $149

Lamp w/ red print shade, $15

Close-up of shade...

Quilted pumpkins, $2.75 each...

Handmade sachet, $12.99

Mermaid sign, $22
Organizer shelf in aqua, cream and gold, $35...bet Kendra at Shabby Vintage chic would like this...it's her favorite color!

Rose plates, $2.75 each

Vintage bird prints in faux bamboo frames, $12.95

Antique, burl walnut, carved chair w/ needlepoint seat, $89...I love this chair...gorgeous~

And dealer has three more, 4 total...

Porcelain rose server, only $12.99...so pretty!
Love the height of this piece...

2 Rose milk glass lamps, $12 each...no I'm not kidding! Wow!


Vintage French Provincial dresser...$59


Pine plate rack, $39 I was very tempted to buy this piece and paint it...just don't have the wall space for another plate rack.

Chinese Peacock Vase, $12 This piece just grabbed me...so different and whimsical. It reminds me of some of Gollum's, for some reason...maybe it's the shape of the top of the vase. I think she would like this piece, too.

Green & pink girl's desk w/chair, $139

Fabric was way cuter than it looks in this pic...very bright and cheerful...

Antique walnut dresser top mirror, $79 These are hard to find, so that's a great price! Don't you love the shape?

Shell mirror, $45

Vintage 5-drawer chest, was $179, now $159

Ceramic container, $11

Vintage glass-front mahogany china cabinet, $229

Bed tray...$12.95 If I buy this, will someone serve me breakfast in bed? :-)

Antique, green paisley-print, chair, $45 The fabric was much prettier in person.


Vintage green upholstered trunk, $99

Close-up...

Sitting rooster, $21.99 Rose (A Santamaker's Journey) bought one just like this at the Flea. She's going to have her hubby wire it to be a lamp. I want to see it when she's done...should make a great looking lamp!

Old, ornate Sheffield silver-plate coffee pot, $44 This would make an interesting lamp, too.

Remember this from last week, check out the new price below...


Sage green butler's tray with drawers, on stand, $89

Little bird candle holders, $3.99 each...

I love these plump little birds, $4.95 each...

This looked like a great book, $9.95

Vintage pheasant prints, matted, $19.99 each...wish I had room for these in my downstairs family room...would work well with the hunt theme in that room.


Quack! Duck basket, $11.95

Sage green rooster, $21

Lenox china, $39.95...looks like 4 place settings.

Laura Ashley vase, $4...great price!

Brushed, camel fabric on vintage, french sofa, $399

Hope you enjoyed Flea Friday! What were your favorites? Wonder what we'll find next week?!

26 Comments:

At Friday, September 19, 2008 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ya know if the bank wouldn't holler too loudly I would just send a blank check each week...having something like this so close would get me in so much trouble...I love the Shabby Chic Vintage Sideboard, the chairs with the needlepoint seats are just fabulous, I can see using the Porcelain Server, Love, Love the Milk Glass Lamps ( I know you put those in here to taunt me didn't you)??? The chair with the paisley print is wonderful and would work in a couple of places here..I can so see a lamp out of the Silver Pot..That china hutch is so calling my name for the shop... I can see it done up in black and would be oh so perfect...Now about you purchasing the bed tray.. you go ahead get it and you can serve us when we have our overnight slumber party...ok..??? it works for me... ;-) I'm wondering what did you find for yourself this week??? Guess we have to wait huh??? I think it's great that you always include a book for us to look for..can you tell I had a blast...???? hugs ~lynne~

 
At Friday, September 19, 2008 , Blogger Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

I am loving this flea friday!!! Now I love the blue and white Lenox and know you added that picture just to tempt me..you know how I love the blue..but that rose serving piece would look so grat with my Summer time Chintz dishes.. and the neeede point card now I do have a place for that..I need to stop shopping at antiques shops for my books...better prices for such..all your prices are so much less that in Ca. Susan..glad you got swans will look great on your table. great shopping trip thanks for taking us along again..Hugs and smiles...p.s I have the Folsom antique faire this Sunday...so there..

 
At Friday, September 19, 2008 , Blogger Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

You so put me in the mood to go shopping at the antique mall or a good thrift store...but I am trying to behave! Lots of holidays coming...but that doesn't mean I don't enjoy LOOKING!

 
At Friday, September 19, 2008 , Blogger Judy said...

Okay, I need to know exactly where this flea place is cause next time I visit my sister in Peachtree City I'm going to this flea market! Thanks for the tour....it looks like a great place to spend a couple of hours!

Hugs!
Judy

 
At Friday, September 19, 2008 , Blogger bj said...

Gosh...what fabulous price! Everything looked just great. Since I am wanting a pine plate rack, I would have bought that one in a split second! If shipping weren't so high, I would ask you to buy it and send it to me. I will just keep looking here or have hubby built one.
Thanks for taking us to the flea market again.

 
At Friday, September 19, 2008 , Blogger Glenda said...

I sure hope you are keeping an eye out for a newer shelf stretcher model, than the one I currently have. One is bound to turn up sooner or later.
I'm also in the market for a really good shoehorn that I could use to help accommodate more furniture. Most needed at the moment, another bookcase; maybe a good shoehorn would help me fit it in somewhere. Please keep on the lookout for me. TIA.

 
At Friday, September 19, 2008 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want that hutch. How far away from Greenville, SC is this place? I've already painted it black in my mind and I picture my grandmothers china on the top part and my silverware and tablecloths in the drawers. I need help!

I'm tempted by everything you've shown me and it's such fun to keep a running talley of how much I could buy for how little.

Gretchen
birdnescottage.typepad.com

 
At Friday, September 19, 2008 , Blogger Twice as Nice said...

Oh, my I just LOVED that dresser and $59.00!! If I lived there it would be MINE and that butler's tray would be too. I would use the butler's tray as a night stand in my bedroom. What a great place to be able to shop. Your SO lucky :o)

 
At Friday, September 19, 2008 , Blogger Carol said...

I am a newcomer to your blog, and I just love it. Your home is absolutely beautiful and so inviting.

I so wish I lived close to a flea market like this one near you. I'd be there all the time! I want the bird prints in the faux bamboo frames! I think you should strike a deal that you'll show the pics to us and we'll call the flea market to purchase the items and have them shipped.

 
At Friday, September 19, 2008 , Blogger Penny said...

I'll take those cute little rose plates.

 
At Friday, September 19, 2008 , Blogger Bo said...

Hi Susan...You must have willpower of iron...not to buy up everything you see at The Flea...there was nothing I didn't like and the prices are incredible... Happy weekend ;-) Bo

 
At Friday, September 19, 2008 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love these Fridays too.I can see why you love this place.Those little chubby birds and oh the lovely rooster.Yum,,,,,,,,,I don't see how you get out of there as cheaply as you do.But I am really glad you bought your little birdies....Ann

 
At Friday, September 19, 2008 , Blogger Salmagundi said...

Love the pheasant prints and I don't even have a hunt room. Great stuff and prices!! Thanks for the tour. Sally

 
At Friday, September 19, 2008 , Blogger Glenda said...

I know Carol has called dibs on the bird prints, but think how well they coordinate with your bamboo flatware. Maybe you can work out a deal with her.

 
At Friday, September 19, 2008 , Blogger Susan (Between Naps On The Porch.net) said...

Judy and Gretchen, A Classy Flea is located at: 1355 Roswell Road
Suite 850, Marietta, GA 30062
770-579-2555 It's just down the street from the Big Chicken. Here's a link to their site which has directions: http://www.aclassyflea.com/ Have fun! Save something for me though, will ya? :-)

 
At Friday, September 19, 2008 , Blogger imjacobsmom said...

Hi Susan, Go ahead and put me down for the bird prints in the bamboo frames, the green paisley chair and the sage butler's tray. What did you buy this week? ~ Robyn

 
At Friday, September 19, 2008 , Blogger imjacobsmom said...

Duh, after I hit submit I remembered you bought those cute birds and swans. ~ Robyn

 
At Friday, September 19, 2008 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so jealous of you having that store... the hutch would be fab painted black and glazed! I would buy that today! vickydarnell

 
At Friday, September 19, 2008 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Had to swing back over and read more slowly this time.. and saw you got the beautiful frame with the pressed flowers..the frame alone is gorgeous girl.. have to tell you I'm obsessing over the hutch..now you know how I am when I get this way....lol...good thing i must take care of a few customers and put this on the back burner...ummmmm obsessing....btw I think the pheasant pictures would be great in your hunt room... ;-)
hugs ~lynne~

 
At Friday, September 19, 2008 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Susan, I am so jealous! I wish we had a store just like this nearby. I like everything you showed and prices are so reasonable too. I feel like flying to Atlanta but the only time I ever go there is on a flight stop over. Well, that's not true. I took my daughter there once for a law school convention when she was considering to go into law school. I am not sure I want to look at the pictures cause they just make me drool...LOL.

 
At Friday, September 19, 2008 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, I am just green with envy! I want to come shop at this wonderful flea! Thanks for making me so discontent with what I have available in my area! I might come across some simiar finds, but they would be much more expensive than these! You picked out some wonderful items to show us. They were all things I would have been checking out if I had been there. I am so glad you got the swans and the birds. I do think you just had to-no question about it, you needed those. Thanks, shopping with you is such fun. Laurie (bargainhunr)

 
At Friday, September 19, 2008 , Blogger Tomarie said...

Waaaaaaa!! I too am jealous of your Flea! We only had two antique stores in town and they both went out of business...phooey! Love the little fatty birdies! :-)
T~

 
At Friday, September 19, 2008 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love this store!

Had I been there, I would have brought home those bird prints in bamboo frames. Wonderful!

 
At Friday, September 19, 2008 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, here's my list:I love the quirkey chinese peacock vase!

and think the shabby chic sideboard would do great as a dresser in my cottage room..

the vintage 5 drawer chesr would work well as a solid 'nightstand' when I mix up our mstr bedroom
with the paisley chair a nice touch in the corner of the bay in there, too.

finally..I WANT that book on courtyards and patios!

You're naughty Susan, to tease us with these fab finds! Blank check is on the way.. lol ;) Jan

 
At Saturday, September 20, 2008 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Everytime I come to Atlanta, I swear I'm going to get to the Classy Flea, and I never quite make it. I love the Butler's Tray. That would look so good in either my master or the bonus room.

Directions from the Big Chicken. Now that's something I haven't seen in a long time.

 
At Saturday, September 20, 2008 , Blogger Rattlebridge Farm said...

Oh, I wish I lived near a Classy Flea. I saw a buffet just like the shabby chic one in your picture--I'm going to call today and see if it's still there. I haven't been shopping in so long I fear that my Jeep has gotten cobwebby!
Love that French bookcase. It would be so gorgous black lacquered!

 

Post a Comment

Have BNOTP delivered right to your feed reader or Inbox. Subscription links are located at the top right. Thanks so much for your comments. I love hearing your thoughts and ideas! I moderate comments so don't worry if your comment doesn't post immediately. BNOTP is a happy place, a drama-free zone. :) In that regard, comments that are snarky, mean-spirited or possibly hurtful to BNOTP's much-loved visitors, will not be posted. Thanks always for your comment. You are the very best part of Between Naps on the Porch!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home