This Page

has been moved to new address

Some Little Updates Around Here: Welcome to the 115th Metamorphosis Monday!
Between Naps on the Porch: Some Little Updates Around Here: Welcome to the 115th Metamorphosis Monday!

Between Naps on the Porch

Between Naps on the Porch is a lifestyle blog with an emphasis on Decorating, Tablescaping, Before and Afters, Thrify Finds, and Gardening.

Apr 3, 2011

Some Little Updates Around Here: Welcome to the 115th Metamorphosis Monday!

I don't have a big Metamorphosis to share this week...only a little one. I spent today putting a second coat of primer over the mural wall in my "under construction" office. I think one more coat and I can start painting. Yay!




You may remember yesterday I shared some steps I bought for Max at an "indoor yard sale." You can read about that HERE. I bought them to assist Mr. Max (yes, he's spoiled) with hoping up onto the end of the desk where he likes to stretch out while I blog.

Here's how the steps looked when I bought them...




After being painted with a stain blocking primer...




And here's after one coat of Behr paint I had matched to a shelf from my desk in the office.




Next week I'll have an update on historic Tyson-Stedman House. Dustin has been hard at work on the porches. Can't wait to share his progress.




Lily Pad Cards:

Do you enjoy creating beautiful cards and scrapbooking? Or, perhaps you've been wishing there was a great site for learning the art of card making. InLinkz, the awesome linking tool you see BNOTP using each week for blog parties has just launched Lily Pad Cards. They are hosting some awesome Challenges and Card Swaps. Imagine getting a beautiful hand-made card from across the country or even from another part of the world!



I especially love their "how-to" videos that show step-by-step how to create wonderful cards for any occasion. Talk about a Before and After! I can see why scrapbooking and card making are so addictive. Here's a link to their latest video for a great summertime fun card.





Metamorphosis Monday: If you are participating in Metamorphosis Monday: Please be sure to add your permalink below, and not your general blog address. To get your permalink, click on your post name, then just copy and paste the address that shows up in the address bar at the top, into the "url" box for InLinkz.
If you'd like to include the MM button in your post, just copy and paste the Met Monday button to your computer or grab the html code from underneath the MM logo under the "Join a Blog Party" header at the top of this blog.

Please include a link in your MM post back to the host blog, Between Naps on the Porch. Why is this important? When you include a link back to BNOTP, it ensures your regular readers/visitors will find the other awesome "Before and Afters" linked for this Metamorphosis Monday. If everyone links back, this maximizes the visits for all participants. Please DO NOT type in all caps...it spreads the links waaaay out. Thanks! :-)

Let's try something fun today! Please visit the person who linked before you and after you...that way everyone will get some visits. Hope you'll visit more, of course. :-)


Welcome! Thanks for coming to the party! Please don't forget to link back to this week's Metamorphosis Monday party in your post, so your readers will find the party and your fellow bloggers and friends will receive lots of visits, too. : )

Labels:

32 Comments:

At Sunday, April 03, 2011 , Blogger Linda said...

Love what you have done to the steps. I can't wait to see the room finished....

 
At Sunday, April 03, 2011 , Blogger laxsupermom said...

Murals can be tough to color, because often times you get those accents painted in black. I remember how long it took to prep my son's walls for paint when we redid his room. I was painting the top half white, so it was really important that all the vibrant color was well primed.

I've had so much fun watching your office metamorphosis! I think one of the best parts is watching the items get crossed off your list in your sidebar. I should try that for my next big project. Thanks for sharing and for hosting this linkup each week.

 
At Sunday, April 03, 2011 , Blogger One Cheap B*tch said...

Cute little steps! Thanks as always for hosting! And she's off to check out the posts!

Jeanine

 
At Sunday, April 03, 2011 , Blogger The Polka Dot Closet said...

OOps the mural is gone! Thank you again for hosting this fabulous party, I have linked up a French inspired lace stenciled night table.

Carol

 
At Sunday, April 03, 2011 , Blogger The Charm of Home said...

Your steps look very nice. Thanks for hosting!
Sherry

 
At Sunday, April 03, 2011 , Blogger Glenda/MidSouth said...

Max will really appreciate his steps. :D Thanks for hosting again this week. I am in - nothing big.
Have a great week.

 
At Sunday, April 03, 2011 , Blogger Debbiedoos said...

That is a lot of work there Susan. So worth it though when done. Thanks for hosting.

 
At Sunday, April 03, 2011 , Anonymous Handy Man, Crafty Woman said...

Can't wait to see what color you choose! I'm sure it was hard to paint over that mural. your son sounds great!

 
At Sunday, April 03, 2011 , Blogger Susan said...

The steps have a beachy feel to them. They look like bead board! Very nice!

 
At Sunday, April 03, 2011 , Blogger On Crooked Creek said...

Susan,
I am amazed at the progress! Keep working...you're getting there!

Max's steps are darling! In SE Kansas, we had steps up to the doggie door for our aging weiner dog! What we do for our pets!!! Today set a record high on the western prairie...90 degrees...we brought the fan upstairs for Maurice!
Fondly,
Pat

 
At Sunday, April 03, 2011 , Blogger Tootsie said...

thanks for hosting...this is a great post!

 
At Sunday, April 03, 2011 , Blogger Anita Diaz said...

The steps are really cute. Can't wait to see the finished room!! Thanks for hosting!!

 
At Sunday, April 03, 2011 , Blogger LYNDA QUINTERO-DAVIDS said...

Great party! Two faves so far are #19 (personalized pillow) and #73 (spring napkin rings). Thanks for hosting and looking forward to seeing more!

:D Lynda

 
At Sunday, April 03, 2011 , Blogger Susan Freeman said...

Hi Susan!
I am so happy to be joining your party today! Thank you for being our lovely hostess!!

Love,
Susan and Bentley
xxoo

 
At Sunday, April 03, 2011 , Blogger Sue said...

I need to find some steps for our beagle baby. She is almost 15 and can't jump up on the couch anymore!

Thanks for hosting such fun parties!

 
At Sunday, April 03, 2011 , Blogger Jane@Cottage at the Crossroads said...

Love how everything is coming together in the office. Can't wait to see the finished room (and I'm sure you can't wait either!). I linked up a project today. Thanks for hosting.

 
At Monday, April 04, 2011 , Blogger My Dream Canvas said...

How lovely! Really excited about linking up today. Hope to see you at My Dream Canvas.

 
At Monday, April 04, 2011 , Blogger Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

Susan, Max's steps are looking so nice. What a great idea! I'm sure Max will appreciate them. Thanks for hosting. laurie

 
At Monday, April 04, 2011 , Blogger Paula@SweetPea said...

Thanks for hosting the party.

The steps are looking great! I can't wait to see more house progress.

 
At Monday, April 04, 2011 , Blogger Unknown said...

All I can do is smile at the thought of you buying steps so Max can get up on your desk :) Isn't it funny what we little our little four legged babies do and encourage them to do around the house!
And I have to say I really excited to see the renovation of the Tyson-Stedman house....I love seeing old and historic homes restored.
Have a great week!

 
At Monday, April 04, 2011 , Blogger Donna said...

Hi Susan, I really enjoyed your post today. How sweet to make steps for Max. I love Behr colors too! Wow--someone's handy!

I sure enjoyed my visit to other links today. Learned how to make a roman valance and outdoor jar lanterns for my deck. Ahh..happy day!

I hope my transformation submission was OK. I've been kitchen testing crockpot recipes for two weeks as a favor to my readers and just finished posting the results.. I was a skeptic..and now I'm a believer!

We've been doing yard work on our little hobby ranch..sure wish I was painting instead..Like you!

Have a great week and thanks so much for hosting this lovely party, Susan! You are so inspiring!

Donna @ Comin' Home

 
At Monday, April 04, 2011 , Blogger Calypso In The Country said...

Great job on the steps! Thanks for hosting today!

 
At Monday, April 04, 2011 , Blogger Heidi said...

Thanks for the link up!

chickhardware.blogspot.com

 
At Monday, April 04, 2011 , Blogger Deanna said...

Dear Susan, It's always a pleasure stopping by your place and seeing what you've been up to!

Pleasant visits.
God bless,
d from homehaven in Kansas

 
At Monday, April 04, 2011 , Blogger Simone @ Doberman's by the Sea said...

Hey susan, looks your office will slowly, but surely be ready! Enjoy your day.

 
At Monday, April 04, 2011 , Blogger Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

Hi Susan! I know Max appreciates those steps! I tried to get my Ozzie to use them...she's getting on in age...but she still prefers to haul herself up to the bed by clawing her way up the sheets! lol Good news...I now have grandson #3! :-) Happy week!...hugs...Debbie

 
At Monday, April 04, 2011 , Blogger Carolyn@Sweet Chaos Home said...

The steps are lookin' good. Thank you so much for hosting! I'm excited to join the party for the first time :)

 
At Monday, April 04, 2011 , Blogger summerland cottage said...

Dear Susan,

Thank you for hosting and sharing !
I just LoVe perusing all the inspiration.

 
At Monday, April 04, 2011 , Blogger Noble Vintage said...

thanks for hosting such a fun party! I'm always so inspired by the great links. I agree with the earlier comment- so fun to see your checklist!

 
At Tuesday, April 05, 2011 , Blogger martinealison said...

Courage!... tout commence à prendre tournure...
Bisous

 
At Tuesday, April 05, 2011 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for hosting!! Please be sure to pop over to enter my GIVEAWAY!! Here is a hint: Homes, Food, and all things Frugal!! :)

 
At Thursday, April 07, 2011 , Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Susan! I love your gift to Max! :) Missed the chance to post so I'll be back Monday..heading to tablescapes.Thanks for doing this I am learning and loving all of your amazing inspirations. Sunny 109

 

Post a Comment

Have BNOTP delivered right to your feed reader or Inbox. Subscription links are located at the top right. Thanks so much for your comments. I love hearing your thoughts and ideas! I moderate comments so don't worry if your comment doesn't post immediately. BNOTP is a happy place, a drama-free zone. :) In that regard, comments that are snarky, mean-spirited or possibly hurtful to BNOTP's much-loved visitors, will not be posted. Thanks always for your comment. You are the very best part of Between Naps on the Porch!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home