This Page

has been moved to new address

Altoids Peppermint Chewing Gum: Oh, How I Miss You!
Between Naps on the Porch: Altoids Peppermint Chewing Gum: Oh, How I Miss You!

Between Naps on the Porch

Between Naps on the Porch is a lifestyle blog with an emphasis on Decorating, Tablescaping, Before and Afters, Thrify Finds, and Gardening.

Feb 26, 2011

Altoids Peppermint Chewing Gum: Oh, How I Miss You!

Can we talk? There is something I've been needing to get off my chest for a long, long time. I really hope you won't think any less of me, but I think it's time I confessed. Ok, here goes.

I'm a recovering Altoids Gum-aholic. Yep, it's true. And the only reason I'm a "recovering" Altoids Gum-aholic is because about a year ago, they quit making it. :( Rats!


Apparently, I'm not alone. Yesterday, just out of curiosity, (no pun intended) I Googled "Altoids Gum" to see if by some miracle Callard & Bowser had come to their senses and started making this amazing gum again. What I found astounded me! There are folks paying HUGE dollars on eBay for this gum...gum that I'm sure has to be out of expiration by now.

Check out some of the eBay auctions that just recently ended for Altoids Gum. These tins, each containing 20 pieces of gum, sold for $1.99 when it was still being made. In this auction, they sold for $6.00 per tin if you include the cost of shipping.



Here's an auction that is currently in progress. With almost 4 days left, there are already 11 bids and it's up to $51 for 10 containers. Don't you wonder how these sellers just happened to have Altoids Gum when it hasn't been being made in probably close to a year? I wonder if when it became hard to find, they went out a bought a whole stock pile?



Check out these "Buy It Now" auctions currently listed on eBay. This is for chewing gum, folks!



In the FAQ on the Callard & Bowser Altoids website, they state that periodically they have to discontinue making a product if it doesn't sell well. I don't think that's what happened here unless it was a case of very poor marketing. The folks who loved this gum, reallllly loved it. It was and is the only sugarless gum I have ever tasted that totally did not taste like sugarless gum. Plus, it kept its flavor and didn't turn to rubber in your mouth after a while like most sugarless gums do. And, it wasn't overly sweet. It was hands down the best gum I've ever tasted, sugar or sugarless.

I haven't succumbed to buying it on eBay. Yet. I figured, what would be the point? Sooner or later I would just run out again, and then what? If I did buy it on eBay, I'm not even sure I would enjoy chewing it. With each piece I would know I was one step closer to never having it again. ;) Sooner or later the eBay sellers will run out, too. Right?



Callard & Bowser...bring this awesome gum back! I visited their site today and clicked on the "contact us" tab. I politely asked why, oh why, did they quit making this marvelous gum? I'll let you know if I get a response. I'm not holding my breath. ;)

Ummm, do you think there was something wrong with it? The very first time I ever chewed a piece, I immediately sneezed. The second time, I sneezed again. After that, it didn't make me sneeze anymore. About a week or so later I picked a friend up from the airport. While driving back home, I offered him a piece of the Altoids Gum. He accepted and I told him..."It's gonna make you sneeze." He looked at me like I was nuts and took the gum. He started chewing and immediately sneezed. LOL We had a good laugh over that. I think he thought I was suddenly psychic or something. So, I have wondered...did the gum police make them remove it? Maybe someone had a sneezing fit! LOL

Now, I want to know...has this ever happened to you? Have you ever been hopelessly in love with a product to only have it be discontinued? If so, what was it and were you able to find a substitution or do you still miss it as much as I miss Altoids Peppermint Gum?

62 Comments:

At Saturday, February 26, 2011 , Blogger Mary Ann Pickett said...

I love that chewing gum, too. My husband used to get it at Costco.
Mary Ann

 
At Saturday, February 26, 2011 , Blogger Unknown said...

Susan I am so sorry they have taken away your favorite gum. That sounds down right un-American.

Menthos makes a gum which is similar the Altoits

We by it at Von's but I see other places as well. Good luck.

Traci










v

 
At Saturday, February 26, 2011 , Blogger http://jackieinsurrey.blogspot.co.uk/ said...

Hi Susan

That was an interesting post and I looked up about the product on Wikipedia. I think a lot of the problems I that all these companies have been buying each other out for a few years.
I was interested in the bit on Wikipedia about Amateur radio hams using the tins, my hubby is a ham!!!Looks like if you kept the tins they might be worth something empty on Ebay!!

Have a great weekend, Jackie in Surrey, UK.

 
At Saturday, February 26, 2011 , Blogger Mikey Fuller said...

I'm with you--that was the only gum I would chew! I also miss the licorice altoids mints. I would eat the heck out of those! But I love licorice, and many do not....

 
At Saturday, February 26, 2011 , Blogger Stephanie said...

I didn't realize they stopped making this gum but try the Mentos gum - it's very similar!

 
At Saturday, February 26, 2011 , Anonymous Brenda said...

YES! I have two products that come to mind ... Suave Lavender Shampoo and Lavender Baby Wash! I love their lavender smell! I even sent Suave an email asking them about it and was told the same thing ... periodically they change products because it is not selling well, or something like that! On the baby wash, it has "New and Improved" written on it ... I don't think so!

 
At Saturday, February 26, 2011 , Blogger Susan McClaskey said...

I've never been a gum chewer, so I never tried the Altoid's gum. However, I ALWAYS have a little tin of their cinnamon mints in my car. I don't think they're sugarless, but maybe you could substitute them for the gum??
Best,
Susan

 
At Saturday, February 26, 2011 , Blogger Cavie Family said...

This happens to me ALL the time at Sam's Club. Grrr! The latest item was Baker's and Chef's cooking spray. (Baker's and Chef's is a Sam's Club brand.) This spray was the only spray that did not leave a residue on my beloved cast iron bread pans. WHY do they do this to us? I feel your pain!

 
At Saturday, February 26, 2011 , Anonymous Forever Mummy said...

I've been blog stalking all morning since my little bump has had me up for a while kicking me. I came across your post and wanted to thank you for a good giggle! You write so well and I really enjoyed having a good search around here! Visit me back pleeeease! I'm just getting started with the blogging world and i'm loving all these blogs chaining together! So much talent finally being shared!! I'll be checking back for sure...and def be your newest follower! :)

 
At Saturday, February 26, 2011 , Blogger Susan (Between Naps On The Porch.net) said...

Jackie, I used to save the tins because they were so cute and it seemed wasteful throwing them away. I finally did toss them though...wish I hadn't now! :)

 
At Saturday, February 26, 2011 , Blogger Susan (Between Naps On The Porch.net) said...

Brenda, I love the scent of lavender, too. Hope Suave brings it back! I saw a commercial yesterday for a "professional" line they are making now...supposed to be like the expensive "salon" products. Ummm, has me thinking about trying it.

 
At Saturday, February 26, 2011 , Blogger Susan (Between Naps On The Porch.net) said...

Cavie...oh, that sounds like a great product. You would think if we liked something that well, there would be lots of other fans out there, too. It has to be poor marketing...folks just never know about it, I guess.

 
At Saturday, February 26, 2011 , Blogger Patricia said...

I just had to write and tell you that every single time my husband has a peppermint he sneezes - at least twice, sometimes more. It's never done that to me. I don't remember ever having the gum, but I keep a container of the mints in my car all the time.

 
At Saturday, February 26, 2011 , Blogger Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

I never knew they made a gum, Susan! I've always gotten the mints, though. Yes, this has happened to me. I have to be careful of the products I use on my face or I have drying or break outs. I had found that Kinetin cream face cleanser was wonderful! It made my skin so soft and, I felt, really had it looking good. And then, I couldn't find it anymore! I was able to buy some {reasonably priced} on ebay, but I haven't been able to find it anymore. I really loved that face wash!

 
At Saturday, February 26, 2011 , Blogger Susan (Between Naps On The Porch.net) said...

Kathy, I hope they bring it back for you! Wouldn't it be nice if some one read your comment today and knew of a similar product that would work that well. :)

 
At Saturday, February 26, 2011 , Blogger A Perfect Setting said...

Hi Susan, well, I never tried the Altoid gum, but it seems like whatever cosmetics or skin care I start to really like, they stop making it. It is aggrevating, is it not? lol Hope they bring your gum back!!

 
At Saturday, February 26, 2011 , Blogger Jocelyn said...

Sad to say this has happened to me with several products. And when it is gone, it's GONE! I always loved the original Dentyne chewing gum. Used it for YEARS. And then one day they went sugarless! With artificial sugars (which I don't like or use). While visiting my BFF in Ohio, I happened upon an Amish market, and there it was!! I think I must have bought every packet. But like you said eventually you run out :-(

Jocelyn
http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com

 
At Saturday, February 26, 2011 , Blogger Susan said...

Hey, Susan!
First, let me say I am NOT a gum chewer, but...over the last few years I've discovered I LOVE Orbit Peppermint Sugarless Gum! The flavor stays with it, doesn't turn rubbery and is so refreshing.
You might want to give it a try, it's in a blue box at the checkout counter. Everyone I know who tries it falls in love with it.
Hope this helps you,
Susan

 
At Saturday, February 26, 2011 , Blogger CHERI said...

Altoids will definitely open up the sinuses, but I never tried this gum...don't chew gum at all. I definitely wouldn't pay that kind of money for it...especially if it's expired! Yes, I have definitely had the same thing happen. Right now I can no longer find Nestle's Lemon-Flavored Water at least in my area. My SIL was devastated when Dansani discontinued their lemon water. Bath & Body Works is bad about discontinuing too!!! They should have asked our opinions first:)

 
At Saturday, February 26, 2011 , Blogger Susan (Between Naps On The Porch.net) said...

Cheri...I totally agree!!! ;)

 
At Saturday, February 26, 2011 , Blogger southerninspiration said...

I'll agree with Cheri about BBW discontinuing favorite scents...but they do bring back a few every once in a while, so we should stock up on our favs if they do, right? this was funny! Altoids are usually too strong for me, but I do like those little chocolate covered ones they used to have....I mean, DUH, they're choc. covered!! =)
Clearly you're past your addiction if you're unwilling to pay the big bucks on Ebay. That's amazing!!!
Suzanne

 
At Saturday, February 26, 2011 , Blogger mgster said...

I feel your pain...I still miss my good old Teaberry Gum!!!

 
At Saturday, February 26, 2011 , Blogger Gardening in a Sandbox said...

I always have a tin of Altoids around to cleanse the palatte but I have never seeen the gum here for sale. I would really like to taste it and I guess sneeze too. Will look for it. V

 
At Saturday, February 26, 2011 , Blogger Marilyn Holeman said...

Hi Susan, There was a chocolate mint in a tin that my mother-in-law LOVED, and suddenly she couldn't find it any more, either. I think it was called Velamints?? She tried calling the manufacturer, too, to no avail. I wish I'd known about the Altoid Chewing Gum--but no, wait. Now I'd be missing it, too!

 
At Saturday, February 26, 2011 , Blogger Debby said...

I love the plain Altoids mints. I keep them in the car and by my computer. I don't know how I ever got started doing this, but glad to hear I am not alone. I didn't even know they made a gum. It sounds and looks yummy. I do like their chocolate version; however, I can't get them in my area. The only problem with the chocolate is that I can eat a whole can at once. Maybe it is a good thing I can't find them where I live.

 
At Saturday, February 26, 2011 , Blogger Carolyn said...

Wow! I can't believe those ebay prices! I for one am now kicking myself because I threw out a whole bunch of this gum at Christmas. I had purchased it at Walgreens about a year ago with the intention of doing something with the tins but then changed my mind. Then I was going to send it to my daughter at college in a care package but she doesn't care for gum.

Actually I would've just sent the gum to you -- I think I'd feel pretty guilty getting that kind of a price for it on ebay! On the other hand, it would buy a lot of new dishes and glassware...

I wonder if that gum is in one of the trash bags in our barn waiting for the dumpster this spring? LOL! Oh my -- I may go dumpster diving at my own home...

 
At Saturday, February 26, 2011 , Blogger GinaE said...

Thanks for this post. I too was/still am an addict of this gum! I have looked every where, just to make sure some store didn't still have some. So glad to know someone else misses it too. I'm going to write to them also. I never did sneeze with it like you did.

 
At Saturday, February 26, 2011 , Blogger Lori E said...

I have had this happen several times. Lipstick. Yup. Perfume. Yup. I rarely buy products that have refills specific to them as they always discontinue the product and I am stuck with the unusable original product.
I have never seen Altoids gum but then again I have never looked for it either.

 
At Saturday, February 26, 2011 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Susan, this post made me laugh--
especially about the gum making you sneeze--and then your friend!
I was an Altoid addict for several years but I never tried the gum.
I totally understand your distress.
I so enjoy reading your blog; it gives me inspiration and an appreciation of being creative in
making my house a home. Thank you!

 
At Saturday, February 26, 2011 , Blogger Jill said...

I've had the same gum-sneeze with multiple different types of gum. It's a minty thing, not a "there's something wrong with it" thing. :)

 
At Saturday, February 26, 2011 , Blogger Marian said...

Ever happen to me? I call myself the Queen of Discontinued. My list is lengthy, in fact people are reluctant to tell me if they like something for fear it will disappear once I buy it.

 
At Saturday, February 26, 2011 , Blogger Margaret said...

You might want to try the Vermont Country Catalog. They often bring back items people want or might know where to get it. Good luck!

 
At Saturday, February 26, 2011 , Blogger Miss Merry said...

In the Walgreens ad, starting tomorrow - on the front cover, top right - they have ALTOID Mints - regular and smalls for 69 cents. I would check at Walgreens - maybe someone heard your cries!!!!

 
At Saturday, February 26, 2011 , Anonymous Carolyn said...

Hi Susan, What a dilemma! You might try Eclipse peppermint gum. I can almost assure you that you will sneeze with the first few chews. I like it because the flavor lasts.

 
At Saturday, February 26, 2011 , Blogger Mrs. Cherry Heart said...

Its funny...I always say you can find anything on Ebay.
Even stale ot dated discontinued gum! LOL

I have a favorite that I am still mad that they discontinued!
Mc Donalds Cappucinno.
The original was amazing {yes I was addicted}
It was like a comfort food for me.....every time we would make the trip down state I'd get a large cup and it comforted me on the road! {I am a nervous passenger} Then they changed it "New and improved" huh....bring back the old BETTER cappucino PLEASE!

Sorry for ranting and raving! LOL

Hugs,
Dolly

 
At Saturday, February 26, 2011 , Blogger Rabid Quilter from California said...

@mgster--Teaberry gum is still made and they sell it at World Market (formerly Cost Plus). I've seen it other places too.

I seem to be in the minority on everything I like: decaf coffee, non-artificially sweetened stuff, etc. I've had so many favorites discontinued I wouldn't know where to begin. I do know that if you bug a company enough, they will consider your message which could lead to them making it again. If you contacted this company and showed them what's going on on eBay, you'd get their attention!

 
At Saturday, February 26, 2011 , Blogger Betsy said...

Is a magazine considered a product? I miss Mary Engelbreit's Home Companion Magazine!

 
At Saturday, February 26, 2011 , Blogger LANA said...

I had not experienced the Altoids gum, but I was recently upset to find that Nabisco stopped making Zwieback toast. I grew up on these. My kids grew up on these. I have recipe cards for these. My one-year old grandson will never taste these. I am currently using the Brandt brand, they are ok; not as good as the Nabisco. I feel like another piece of my childhood is gone. Lana www.lifeatwildberrycottage.com

 
At Saturday, February 26, 2011 , Blogger Terry @ La Bella Vie said...

(Sorry long but I'm answering your question)
This has happened to me.
The products; "Cat Walk Thickening crème", the best hair thickener I have ever used. Catwalk company said they took it off because it wasn't selling yet every salon kept running out of it because folks loved it so much! Like you, I found it on eBay for a ridiculous price and yes I bought it then ran out and was panic stricken never to find it again!
The other product was a wonderful Blackberry scone from Haggens bakery, they were like homemade and again the public loved them and the store quit carrying them because they were no longer being made. Their supplier said they didn't sell well! I wrote the company, asked all my friends and family to write the company and bring them back to no avail.
Bottom line here's what I found out...if other products from the company aren't selling as well as one product they apparently take the higher selling product off the market and force folks to purchase and try out other products to boost company profits...makes no sense to me but that was what I was told from a marketing friend...

 
At Saturday, February 26, 2011 , Anonymous Karen said...

Hi Susan, I too have been the "victim" of a discontinued product! When Snuggle changed the scent of their blue fabric softener I didn't know what to do! My clothes would never smell the same again! When I came upon an entire shelf-full at a discount store...well, let's just say I had to make room at home for about 2 years worth of fabric softener. Sadly, that was about 3 years ago.....life, (and laundry) goes on!

 
At Saturday, February 26, 2011 , Blogger Sarah said...

I miss it too! :-(
~ sarah

 
At Saturday, February 26, 2011 , Blogger Ann said...

they have it at Amazon.com!!

 
At Saturday, February 26, 2011 , Blogger Ann said...

they have it on Amazon.com..just looked it up!

 
At Saturday, February 26, 2011 , Blogger Susan (Between Naps On The Porch.net) said...

Ann, if you look closely, it will say somewhere on their ad that it's disc or no longer available. Thanks for trying, though...you are sweet!

 
At Saturday, February 26, 2011 , Blogger Mary said...

I'm sorry about your gum and I love the fact you knew your friend would sneeze!!

Over Christmas I discovered that Holland House Whiskey Sour mix is no longer made. I even had the ABC store search for it in their system. I contacted Motts who owns Holland House and learned that Motts-yes the apple folks have been bought out by Dr.Pepper. I told them how disappointed I am that they no longer make the whiskey sour mix, a favorite during the holidays. I got the same answer, low sales. urmph, I don't believe them! ;)

I hope your gum comes back!
Mary

 
At Saturday, February 26, 2011 , Blogger Yvonne from North Carolina said...

Favs that I can no longer find:
#1 Eggs Benedict from Denny's
#2 Bloo toilet cleaner (made in the UK and sold at Dollar Tree)... this stuff was simply amazing...even used it on my shower tiles!
#3 Proraso shaving cream in a can..got my husband hooked on this, then Target stopped selling the entire brand a few years ago.
Ahh, life goes on, but just a wee bit sadder....

 
At Saturday, February 26, 2011 , Anonymous Kathy said...

Unfortunately, I too have had this experience. I have two children with severe food allergies, and I have found that often a "favorite" food will get its ingredients changed or will be discontinued altogether (hello, Hershey Kissables?) It is extremely frustrating to find food that is safe for your kids to eat with these conditions, and when companies discontinue or change processing plants (can make a big difference when they start processing nuts!). I have made it a habit to complain when this happens, and have often received coupons for doing so. Nobody ever brought back anything though. Oh well. Life goes on, and I make a lot more stuff from scratch now :).

 
At Saturday, February 26, 2011 , Blogger Vicki V @ blestnest.blogspot.com said...

I have never had Altoids gum, just the mints, but I laughed when I read your comment about the sneezing. Every time I pop Wrigley's Eclipse Spearmint gum into my mouth, I sneeze twice. I call it my 2 sneeze gum!

 
At Saturday, February 26, 2011 , Blogger Heaven's Walk said...

I never knew Altoids made a gum, Susan. I always had their cinnamon mints in my purse and loved them. Now I'm on to Extra Dessert Gum in Chocolate Mint. I know it's not the same as Altoids gum, but oh my goodness ---- it's good! It's just like eating a mint chocolate chip ice cream cone! It also comes in Key Lime Pie and Strawberry Shortcake. Try them out....you just may discover a new fav! :)

xoxo laurie

 
At Saturday, February 26, 2011 , Blogger Rustique Gal said...

Susan, This is so funny and so sad! I remember when I was lo carb dieting in the 1980's and Hills Brother's made this Banana Nut instant coffee mix with only 50 cals per cup. It was my dessert, my favorite evening drink. I even made pudding with it.It was wonderful. Then it was gone. I went to every grocery store. I wrote to Hills bros. I dreamed about it for years. I've never had another one that I liked as much. I hate when that happens! I feel your pain....
Hugs, Sherry

 
At Saturday, February 26, 2011 , Blogger Bonnie said...

Funny you should mention that they made you sneeze. Strong peppermint ALWAYS make me sneeze! I don't know if they open your sinus' or what, but it never fails!
P.S.
And I agree with Betsy... Home Companion was the BEST magazine!!

 
At Sunday, February 27, 2011 , Blogger Natasha said...

LoL! I am glad that I am not the only one who gets the sneezes when it comes to mints! I had started to think I was allergic to peppermint. It isn't just gum that makes me sneeze but mints like mentos, york peppermint patties, peppermint tea or catching a whiff of my peppermint plants in the garden. My mom is always laughing at me. She offered me a mint during church last weekend and I should have known better it made me sneeze two or three times. The funny thing is that now she too sneezes if the effervescence (I think that is the word) is strong enough. I can say though that when I have a sinus headache and I chew peppermint gum the sneezing relieves the pressure in my head. A nice non-medicinal cure!

 
At Sunday, February 27, 2011 , Blogger MrsPhilipswithoneL said...

I loved Planters Cheez Balls and Carnation Breakfast Bars and neither one of these are made any longer.
and
Just stopping by to let you know that I got a new
email address so I am now subscribed via havingfunblogging@gmail.com
and I unsubscribed with mrsphilipswithonel@gmail.com
I didn't want you to think I stopped reading :)

Having Fun Blogging
http://mrsphilipswithonel.blogspot.com/
havingfunblogging@gmail.com

 
At Sunday, February 27, 2011 , Blogger Kathryn said...

I really like XyliChew, tho i prefer spearmint. This is pricey, but it has 100 pieces. Xylitol is a much better no calorie sweetener than what is in most gum.

http://www.vitacost.com/XyliChew-Chewing-Gum-Peppermint/?csrc=GPF-707468103136&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=707468103136

 
At Sunday, February 27, 2011 , Anonymous Handy Man, Crafty Woman said...

oooh I hate it when a company discontinues a food you love.

This might sound odd, but I was a HUGE Candy Conversation hearts fan. (Made by Necco). However, last year, they CHANGED them. they came out with these "new" flavors that tasted all weird and medicine-y. even our son hated them!!

I guess the company got a lot of "hate mail" (gee, I wonder why, since they've been making those hearts for over 100 years!!) I was hoping they'd bring back the old line, in ADDITION to the new flavors...but no. No more old-fashioned candy hearts. *whiiiinnnne*

so last year I bought about 20 bags of the old ones when I could find some, and I've been eating them and savoring them, slowwwwwly. sighhhh!

 
At Sunday, February 27, 2011 , Blogger Vickie H. said...

oh my! There are a few for me but the one I miss MOST is the plain Jergens Body Wash...it smelled just like Calvin Klein's "Eternity" fragrance for women and I adored it. I usually purchased several bottles at a time so didn't realize that it was no longer being made until I searched for it and could not find ANY. Contacted Jergens and they filled me in on the bad news. And here's a heads up: WHATEVER you see on the shelf @ Big Lots will never be available AGAIN elsewhere! Can you say White Rain Hairspray?
Love your blog...never miss it.

 
At Sunday, February 27, 2011 , Blogger 9405018--Pat said...

Yes hands down the best gum ever! Please let me know if they bring it back i love ...thanks for sharing.....Pat H

 
At Sunday, February 27, 2011 , Blogger Sylvia said...

I never tried the gum. Way back when, Altoids mints were very, very inexpensive and very potent. Then, these marvelous mints caught on and the price skyrocketed and there was less mint flavor. I still bought them but they weren't the same. I use the empty tins for all kinds of things at home and in my classroom. Recently, I commented to a class that I was unable to find some huge super sized paper clips. One student asked if I had looked in all the Altoids tins!
My favorite Bath and Body Works lotion (Pearberry) is now a classic and available only in very large stores and online. Really bums me out.

 
At Sunday, February 27, 2011 , Blogger chris said...

bath and body works vetyver. all.time.favorite.scent.

jerkfaces.

 
At Thursday, March 03, 2011 , Anonymous JenniB said...

I love reading your blogs (BTW)

I have had this happen to me so many times with perfume!! I was in LOVE, LOVE, LOVE with Sebastian's, Alexander Julian perfume!! It was discontinued in the early 90's (I think) it's been so long now. Have you ever had a perfume that EVERY person who came near you said WOW you smell good?? It just matched with my body chemistry. I wish so BAD that they would bring it back. I have found it on e-bay and perfume shops for CRAZY prices!! Then I found one that worked for me, Ralph Lauren's, Safari...guess what?? YUP...they discontinued it too!! What in the world is going on here??? LOL Oh, and my sis loved Avon's, Foxfire and still gets it on ebay when possible.

I hope you find a suitable substitute for your gum. It seems they say that it wasn't popular enough but I think it was just the opposite! Lots of times if you contact the company they will send you a coupon for one of their other products or they will send you samples.(this happened to me with Sebastian)

Have a blessed day! ~JenniB

 
At Tuesday, March 22, 2011 , Blogger Unknown said...

I ran across your blog while searching for Altoids Peppermint Gum. My last order was June 27, 2010. I can't find it at a reasonable price,so I guess that I too will have to go cold turkey. I chew other peppermint gums; however nothing meets the standard set by Altoids.

 
At Tuesday, March 22, 2011 , Blogger Susan (Between Naps On The Porch.net) said...

Sandra, I totally agree. I bought Orbit, Mentos and something else recently and none of them come close to Altoids. I emailed the folks who make Altoids and they replied stating that it didn't sell well enough and they don't have any plans to start back selling it. It was by far the best. Didn't taste sugarless and didn't have that awful after taste all the sugarless gums do. Let me know if you ever find anything that compares. So far I haven't.

 

Post a Comment

Have BNOTP delivered right to your feed reader or Inbox. Subscription links are located at the top right. Thanks so much for your comments. I love hearing your thoughts and ideas! I moderate comments so don't worry if your comment doesn't post immediately. BNOTP is a happy place, a drama-free zone. :) In that regard, comments that are snarky, mean-spirited or possibly hurtful to BNOTP's much-loved visitors, will not be posted. Thanks always for your comment. You are the very best part of Between Naps on the Porch!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home