This Page

has been moved to new address

Welcome to the 70th Metamorphosis Monday!
Between Naps on the Porch: Welcome to the 70th Metamorphosis Monday!

Between Naps on the Porch

Between Naps on the Porch is a lifestyle blog with an emphasis on Decorating, Tablescaping, Before and Afters, Thrify Finds, and Gardening.

May 16, 2010

Welcome to the 70th Metamorphosis Monday!





Winner of the Give-a-Way from Sweet European Dreams:
I'm soooo excited to announce the winner this evening of the $30 Gift Certificate from Sweet European Dreams! Chosen via a random number generator, the winner is Melinda, whose blog is, Tales From My Empty Nest. Congratulations, Melinda! Please e-mail your address to me at betweennapsontheporchatgmail.com. Diane, thanks so much for sponsoring this great give-a-way!

Questions for me?
From time to time, visitors to BNOTP will ask me questions in their comments on a post. Since I have started moderating comments on my dashboard and they do not come to my gmail Inbox, I may have missed responding to some of those questions. Soooo, if you have asked me a question in a comment left on a post, and didn't get a response, please e-mail me at betweennapsontheporchatgmail.com and I'll be happy to answer.

Have I failed to answer your email?
In the past, I allowed comments left on blog posts to come to my gmail Inbox for moderation. That turned out to be a "not-so-great" idea. Regular e-mails got lost or buried among the comments. I know I have probably missed a few emails...so if you have e-mailed me in the past, and did not receive a response, please e-mail me again. I still get behind with e-mails sometimes, but I'm doing much better at keeping up now that I moderate comments at my Dashboard.


Metamorphosis Monday:
I don't have a "Before and After" to share this week. Instead, I thought I'd post links to 3 much earlier Met Monday posts that you may have missed, especially if you are fairly new to visiting BNOTP. Please excuse the quality of the photos. Thank goodness I have a better camera now and my picture taking ability has improved a bit. (LOL)

China Hutch, Before and After


Dining Room, Before and After


Perennial Garden, Before and After


Looking forward to seeing your Before and After!


If you are participating in Metamorphosis Monday: Please be sure to add your permalink below, and not your general blog address. To get your permalink, click on your post name, then just copy and paste the address that shows up in the address bar at the top, into the "url" box for the picture linky. You'll also need to put your e-mail address in, but don't worry, it will not be visible to anyone.

I'd love it if you would include the MM button in your post, to let others know you are participating. To do that, just copy and paste the Met Monday button to your computer or grab the code from underneath the MM logo on my sidebar.

Please include a link in your MM post back to the host blog, Between Naps on the Porch. Why is this important? When you include a link back to BNOTP, it ensures your regular readers/visitors will find the other awesome "Before and Afters" linked for this Metamorphosis Monday. If everyone links back, this maximizes the opportunity for visits for all who participate.

Please do not add your link below, until your MM post is actually published to your blog.

Labels:

26 Comments:

At Sunday, May 16, 2010 , Blogger Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

I love them all Susan! I can't believe the work you put into your perennial garden, it's amazing!
I love all of your re-dos!
Cindy

 
At Sunday, May 16, 2010 , Blogger Teri said...

Your garden is quite inspiring! I'm starting a butterfly/bird garden this year and hope it one day looks nearly as nice as yours!

 
At Sunday, May 16, 2010 , Blogger Lori E said...

It is always nice to have another look back at your posts. There are so many great ones to choose from. I am so amazed at the way the makeovers of the old, unattractive furniture pieces turn out.

 
At Sunday, May 16, 2010 , Blogger Liz @ the Brambleberry Cottage said...

The white paint below the chair rail was the perfect accent. It makes the room look crisper and the red more sophisticated.

Be sure to stop by the cottage and check out my great giveaway. Click the button in the sidebar for details. Only six more days left!

Liz @ the Brambleberry Cottage

 
At Sunday, May 16, 2010 , Blogger Anita @ GoingALittleCoastal said...

Your china hutch before and after was amazing! I love the color you used. Oh and I heard through the grapevine that you're getting another antique shop in the square :)

 
At Sunday, May 16, 2010 , Blogger Melissa said...

Thanks for hosting a party.

 
At Sunday, May 16, 2010 , Blogger black eyed susans kitchen said...

Susan, Your before and after makeovers have actually inspired the redo of my front porch that I wrote about today. It was a real plain jane and after looking at your screened porch I decided that I could do better. Please keep up the inspiring work.

 
At Sunday, May 16, 2010 , Blogger Leanne said...

Thanks for hosting every week. I love checking out all the other blogs and their great ideas.

 
At Sunday, May 16, 2010 , Blogger Atticmag said...

Going over to check the previous posts as I likely missed them. Nice idea. Please stop by if you have time. Jane F

 
At Sunday, May 16, 2010 , Blogger The Quintessential Magpie said...

Susan, loved seeing your B&A shots. Your DR is just breathtaking. I love it SO much and everything you've done to it. Years ago, I wanted to paint our LR red, but the painter talked me out of it because the room faced due west, and I got TONS of son in there. He said it would be too hot, so I painted it Lafayette Green. Our current DR is done in neutrals, but I've enjoyed it because of the versatility. STILL, I long for a red room. I do have a red bath I love, but I want another! LOL! My favorite room in a friend's house was vibrant red, too. He had a kitchen like that and also a DR.

XO,

Sheila :-)

XO,

Sheila :-)

 
At Sunday, May 16, 2010 , Blogger Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

Hi Susan...Love your B and A pics! Your dining room is gorgeous...especially having seen the real thing! Hope you are having a great weekend...hugs...Debbie

 
At Sunday, May 16, 2010 , Blogger Katie Olthoff said...

Thanks for hosting! Great B&As this week, as always!

 
At Sunday, May 16, 2010 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so loving your perennial garden. It is fabulous. And all the plants look so healthy and lush. Great job!!

 
At Sunday, May 16, 2010 , Blogger the cape on the corner said...

loved reading over the post on your perennial garden. i wish i had found blogging before i haphazardly planted mine! oh well, i'm still learning!

 
At Sunday, May 16, 2010 , Blogger Mary said...

Everything you do is just great!

Are you adding anything to your garden this year?

Mary
From Virginia

 
At Sunday, May 16, 2010 , Blogger A Hint of Home said...

Susan, all three of your morps. are fantastic. I have seen the first two before and enjoyed looking at them again but your garden was a first and I fell in love with it. You do such a wonderful job decorating!

 
At Sunday, May 16, 2010 , Blogger Decor To Adore said...

Oh I so adore taking a second glace at fabulous past post.

I had a true metamorphosis that falls more under the self improvement category but my heartfelt wish is to bless someone with the story.

Thank you so much for hosting the linky party.

 
At Sunday, May 16, 2010 , Blogger xinex said...

Your perennial garden met is one of my all time garden inspirations, Susan...Christine

 
At Sunday, May 16, 2010 , Blogger Glenda/MidSouth said...

I thought for sure I would have something to contribute this week, but ran into problems. Maybe in a week or 2. Have a great week.

 
At Sunday, May 16, 2010 , Blogger Carolyn @ My Backyard Eden said...

Gorgeous garden! I just love this time of year because I get to spend so much time outside!

Thanks for hosting this week!

 
At Monday, May 17, 2010 , Blogger Fifi Flowers said...

Happy Metamorphosis Monday... FAB house transformed for a fundraiser!

 
At Monday, May 17, 2010 , Blogger Jules said...

Kerry from the tranquil townhouse sent me over here suggesting that I should share a post I had done. I am so pleased she did as in my blog naivety I was not aware of a place like this! How much fun. I will be a regular visitor and am now following. Off to catch up with everyones links and your back posts. Julienne

 
At Monday, May 17, 2010 , Blogger MarytheKay said...

Thanks for letting me link up again! I'm a little late this time...I was a little obsessed with the Survivor Finale last night. :-)

Wow, it looks like I have lots of wonderful befores and afters to check out! I'd better get busy!

Happy Monday!

 
At Monday, May 17, 2010 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Susan! I love all of your makeovers, but I do believe I like your green hutch makeover the best! I love that cabinet and your beautiful porch!
Thanks for popping in to see me.
Hope you're doing well.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

 
At Tuesday, May 18, 2010 , Blogger Kristi said...

Hi there!
This is my first link up to your MM!! I can't wait to see your before and afters and everyone elses! Thanks for hosting, how fun :)
Kristi

 
At Thursday, May 20, 2010 , Blogger Tales From My Empty Nest said...

With being out of town this past weekend, I am behind on my blog reading. I was so thrilled to get your note today and find out that I had won your giveaway. I am so excited!!!! Thanks so much. I can't believe it. I will send you my address. Thanks again, so much! Love & blessings from NC!

 

Post a Comment

Have BNOTP delivered right to your feed reader or Inbox. Subscription links are located at the top right. Thanks so much for your comments. I love hearing your thoughts and ideas! I moderate comments so don't worry if your comment doesn't post immediately. BNOTP is a happy place, a drama-free zone. :) In that regard, comments that are snarky, mean-spirited or possibly hurtful to BNOTP's much-loved visitors, will not be posted. Thanks always for your comment. You are the very best part of Between Naps on the Porch!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home