This Page

has been moved to new address

Mischievous Mice...They're Back!
Between Naps on the Porch: Mischievous Mice...They're Back!

Between Naps on the Porch

Between Naps on the Porch is a lifestyle blog with an emphasis on Decorating, Tablescaping, Before and Afters, Thrify Finds, and Gardening.

Dec 15, 2009

Mischievous Mice...They're Back!

Last year, right around this time, some cute, mischievous mice showed up at Michael's home (Designs by Gollum.) You may read about them HERE. Then the next thing Blogland knew.........

I caught them...in the act! It's Michael's mice!


Last night I curled up for a good read of that wonderful Christmas classic by Charles Dickens, A Christmas Carol. Sipping on a steaming mug of hot chocolate, with a crackling fire close by, I must have dozed off. I couldn't believe my eyes when I awoke!




After stuffing themselves silly with hot tea and scones all night at Michael's, these two little mischievous mice have scurried over to my house where they have been caught red-footed. Would you just look at what they have done to my reading glasses!


And it appears those little stinkers have left Santa a message...


Eeek! I liked them better when they were covered in chocolate and had cherry stem tails! I shooed them away, but now I'm wondering...where will they show up next in Blogland? :-)

(Mice/Glasses are by Enesco and the name of the ornament is "One Foggy Christmas Eve."   It's the third in a series called "Christmas Spectacles" and was produced in 1991.)

Labels:

52 Comments:

At Tuesday, December 15, 2009 , Blogger Sewconsult said...

Susan, they are so cute! If you bought them somewhere... I want to know where. If you made them, you need to market them!
Beckie in Brentwood, TN

 
At Tuesday, December 15, 2009 , Blogger Deborah said...

Adorable! You are just too too clever! Everything you do is De-Lovely! **blows merry kisses** Deb

 
At Tuesday, December 15, 2009 , Blogger Kathysue said...

Hi Susan I have this same ornament but my glasses are clear. I love these. I have a son that wears glasses so I had to get this. I also hang his very first pair on the tree, What a fun post, you are so creative, Merry,Merry!!!Kathysue

 
At Tuesday, December 15, 2009 , Blogger Trez said...

Awww!!! Hallmark needs to bring this one back!!! Have you seen the recorable twas the night before Christmas book? Gotta have it!

 
At Tuesday, December 15, 2009 , Blogger Suzanne said...

A magical post -- loved it!
- Suzanne
justanotherhangup.blogspot.com

 
At Tuesday, December 15, 2009 , Blogger BellaRosa said...

That is soo adorable! I love the story that went with them, I love lil mice...but only in pretty bisque or plastic :)I seem to be finding them more and more throught my treasure hunts. Rose

 
At Tuesday, December 15, 2009 , Blogger Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

Oh Susan, I remember this post! Seeing it again brought a smile to my face! So absolutely adorable. You are so witty. laurie

 
At Tuesday, December 15, 2009 , Blogger Sweet Designs said...

Aw, those are so cute. And that is one of my favorite Holiday stories! In fact I am watching it on a DVD as I write.

 
At Tuesday, December 15, 2009 , Blogger Sweet Designs said...

Aw, those are so cute. And that is one of my favorite Holiday stories! In fact I am watching it on a DVD as I write.

 
At Tuesday, December 15, 2009 , Blogger deb said...

Those are sooo cute!!! Hang on to them!
*hugs*deb

 
At Tuesday, December 15, 2009 , Blogger Lori E said...

These are so much better than rose colored glasses I think. A great way to look at the world.
The little meeces have the right idea.

 
At Tuesday, December 15, 2009 , Blogger Blondie's Journal said...

This is just a precious post, Susan. Love it!

xoxo
Jane

 
At Tuesday, December 15, 2009 , Blogger Rattlebridge Farm said...

Oh, I love this! I'm thrilled to see the mice--they scampered all over blogland last year. Hope to see you on TT!
XX 00

 
At Tuesday, December 15, 2009 , Blogger Anita@Theycallmejammi said...

So cute and very unique...you have the sweetest things and the story is way precious.

 
At Tuesday, December 15, 2009 , Blogger Unknown said...

Um, that is absolutely ADORABLE! LOVE IT :)

www.finewire.blogspot.com

 
At Tuesday, December 15, 2009 , Blogger Bonnie said...

Fun and adorable, as usual, Susan. You're a natural storyteller - I always look forward to what might be next! ☺

 
At Tuesday, December 15, 2009 , Blogger Unknown said...

Those are my kinda of mice. Super cute!!

 
At Tuesday, December 15, 2009 , Blogger peggy gatto said...

OH BOY! Did I love this post , or what!!!!!!!!!
Delightful!!!

 
At Tuesday, December 15, 2009 , Blogger Six divided by two..... said...

Awwww those are so adorable!!! How precious

 
At Tuesday, December 15, 2009 , Blogger C.J. said...

so dang cute, but your things always are. Mom (after I got her out of the hoosgow) actually had to go to the nursing home today to make a decision about a feeding tube, she has lost 7 lbs. in a month, not good, God love her, so Susan I am asking that you and our fellow bloggers send many many prayers to God to do what he thinks is best for her. Thank you, Carol

http://wwwbeenblogged.blogspot.com/

 
At Tuesday, December 15, 2009 , Blogger Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

That is adorable! What a great display that makes, too!

 
At Tuesday, December 15, 2009 , Blogger Vivian said...

Those are so cute. I need a pair of those.

 
At Tuesday, December 15, 2009 , Blogger Sue said...

That is really cute. I had no idea it was an ornament...clever and fun!

Sue

 
At Tuesday, December 15, 2009 , Blogger xinex said...

Cute post, Susan! Maiden vogyage was exciting, not scary. We were always getting surprises (presents) whenever we go back to the cabin after dinner.....Christine

 
At Tuesday, December 15, 2009 , Blogger Maria said...

Those lil' mice are so adorable! Leave it to Hallmark to make us all smile :D
and feel like a little kid again~

I'm posting my first Tablescape tomorrow! I put my toe in the water after Thanksgiving with my sister's table setting.
* It was great adding a little fun and sparkle to our otherwise ordinary table ~ Thanks for your inspirations every week!
~Maria

 
At Tuesday, December 15, 2009 , Blogger Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

Aren't they just the cutest? I think that there's one around here too -- I'm going to try to catch her on film this week (but you know how fast those little critters are!)

 
At Tuesday, December 15, 2009 , Blogger Becky in SC said...

Oh my!! You should be a writer of children's books...sooo captivating!!

 
At Tuesday, December 15, 2009 , Blogger Martha said...

They are so cute -- and your story is so cute!

 
At Tuesday, December 15, 2009 , Blogger Jess @ Frugal with a Flourish said...

Too cute!! Love it!

 
At Wednesday, December 16, 2009 , Blogger Lady Katherine said...

Just adorable! Last year I had Gourdy the Country Mouse! He may get a few cousins this week. I think they may invade my Gingerbread house!

 
At Wednesday, December 16, 2009 , Blogger The Quintessential Magpie said...

Soooo cute! Loved this, Susan...

XO,

Sheila :-)

 
At Wednesday, December 16, 2009 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Loved this post! Those mice and glasses are adorable. :0)

 
At Wednesday, December 16, 2009 , Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Susan! I remember those mice from last year... and those adorable mice Miss G made last year too! Great memories and made me realize I have known you and Miss G and have been blogging with you for a year now!
~Merry Merry my Friend~
~Really Rainey~

 
At Wednesday, December 16, 2009 , Anonymous london said...

What a lovely post awesome...

 
At Wednesday, December 16, 2009 , Blogger desde my ventana said...

What beautiful post and images!!.Thaks for make me smiling this could mornig...

Greetings

DMV

 
At Wednesday, December 16, 2009 , Blogger Eve said...

They are so cute ! What a lovely idea ! Maybe I can found some nice mice for me too ?

whishing you a wonderful wednesday !
Eve

 
At Wednesday, December 16, 2009 , Blogger Becca Bertotti said...

I loved their appearance in your holiday decor last year ... I'm happy they found a way to sneak back in and warm up by the fire again this year !! Your home is GORGEOUS and your holiday decorations are incredible. Stop by my new blog sometime! Happy Holidays!

 
At Wednesday, December 16, 2009 , Blogger Joan said...

Being a Hallmark owner, I find this post extremely interesting. I wish I had owned my store 15 years ago!

 
At Wednesday, December 16, 2009 , Blogger Tammy518 said...

Awww, so cute! I remember the out-of-control mice from last year. I keep thinking I'll try to make the chocolate ones. Alas, it's Christmastime and my camera has broken, so I've not been posting this week.

 
At Wednesday, December 16, 2009 , Blogger Abcdebbie said...

Susan, What a sweet, creative post!

 
At Wednesday, December 16, 2009 , Blogger SmilingSally said...

How darling are they? I've never seen them before, but they sure make a cute display on this special book.

 
At Wednesday, December 16, 2009 , Blogger Chatty Crone said...

Hi Susan,

This is Sandie from Chatty Crone. I just wanted to visit and say hello. We met at Karyn's luncheon last week. It was nice meeting you.

There is only one word for your blog and that word is awesome.

I'll be back!

Merry Christmas.
Sandie

 
At Wednesday, December 16, 2009 , Blogger Dana and Daisy said...

so cute Susan!

 
At Wednesday, December 16, 2009 , Blogger Lakeshore Cottage Living said...

Thank you for the smile and the very sweet pictures.

 
At Wednesday, December 16, 2009 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

How cute! What an adorable ornament.

 
At Wednesday, December 16, 2009 , Blogger Lynn said...

Does anyone who has this ornament know the actual name of the ornament from the box? I can remember seeing this for sale a number of years ago. I buy all of my children a Hallmark ornament every year and over the years we have quite a collection. each child will take their ornaments with them when they marry, to place on their own trees. This year 2 of ours married so we are missing 55 ornaments this year on our tree. Sniff sniff... anyway, I wonder what the exact name of this mice/glasses ornament is. I'd like to search for one.
Lovely post!

 
At Wednesday, December 16, 2009 , Anonymous Cindy said...

After seeing this adorable ornament last year, I went on a hunt for one of my own and finally found it! It's called "One Foggy Christmas Eve" by Enesco. It's the third issue in the "Christmas Spectacles" series, made in 1991. Hope that helps! I'm certainly enjoying my little mice friends this year!

 
At Wednesday, December 16, 2009 , Blogger Julia @ Hooked on Houses said...

That is too cute, Susan! I have to show my daughter. She'll love it. :-)

 
At Wednesday, December 16, 2009 , Blogger Eileen said...

Too precious!
They have the cutest little faces peeking through the 'spectacles'! I love it!

 
At Thursday, December 17, 2009 , Blogger Sue said...

This is one cute ornament, Susan. And the little story to go along with it- precious! Your blog is magical and I love visiting...
Sue

 
At Thursday, December 17, 2009 , Blogger Maria Berg said...

LOVE them!!!! MB

 
At Saturday, December 19, 2009 , Blogger Pinky said...

I have missed your blog for a few days but so glad to catch up! This si so darn adorable!!! I am going to go hunting for this ornament! How sweet! You are so darn clever!!! XO, PInky

 

Post a Comment

Have BNOTP delivered right to your feed reader or Inbox. Subscription links are located at the top right. Thanks so much for your comments. I love hearing your thoughts and ideas! I moderate comments so don't worry if your comment doesn't post immediately. BNOTP is a happy place, a drama-free zone. :) In that regard, comments that are snarky, mean-spirited or possibly hurtful to BNOTP's much-loved visitors, will not be posted. Thanks always for your comment. You are the very best part of Between Naps on the Porch!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home